[IC] Nick's Bar [Tavern RP - Always Open]

The realms where science and sorcery tend to exist in equal focus. This may also includes settings with only a few major differences from our world such as the existence of the supernatural. Examples: The Marvel Universe, Vampire the Masquerade, Supernatural (Series)

Moderators: Darkblade, Georgeanna

Trekwars
Scout
Scout
Class: Mage

Re: [IC] Nick's Bar [Tavern RP - Always Open]

Post by Trekwars » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:43 pm

What did I just walk into? Isaac thinks to himself as he glances around the bar, awestruck by the diversity of people in it. He glances behind him back outside to see normal, everyday people just walking by, going on their normal everyday schedule, unaware of the hidden world right in front of them. Isaac begins to scan the walls, trying to decipher why the people outside are unable to notice the bar as plainly as he was.
Maybe some kind of advanced technology? Or maybe some kind of magic runes?
[/quote]What did I just walk into? Isaac thinks to himself as he glances around the bar, awestruck by the diversity of people in it. He glances behind him back outside to see normal, everyday people just walking by, going on their normal everyday schedule, unaware of the hidden world right in front of them. Isaac begins to scan the walls, trying to decipher why the people outside are unable to notice the bar as plainly as he was.
Maybe some kind of advanced technology? Or maybe some kind of magic runes?
Nicodemus wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:24 am
"I don't think anybody gets to be special here," he said more to the half-orc, then looks to the man studying the bar from the doorway. "Can I get any of you anything."
Isaac turns and looks at the man behind the bar. He attempts to study him but thanks to the goggles still across his face his vision is too obscured to be able to fully comprehend what he looks like and what he might be, but Isaac knows for certain that he must be the owner, or at least someone that works here. Isaac begins to think of what to reply, slowly lowering the goggles off of his face to rest around his neck. Isaac stands there, still unsure of the next action that he should take, allowing his eyes to adjust to the new lighting of the bar.
Liara_Amagi wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:15 am
He chuffed a bit before shaking his fur showing some sparks come off his fur and could accidentally hit someone.
Isaac raised his arms quickly as a few sparks bounced against his skin. They didn't really hurt but it was more the annoyance of the situation that bothered Isaac. He glared at the fur-covered creature for a few seconds but shakes it off and begins to walk down towards the bar itself. He then seats himself down only two chairs between him and the half-orc and half-elf.
Thanks to Forge for the Signature text, Wad for the Avatar, and Georgie for the creative idea.

Liara_Amagi
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Rogue

Post by Liara_Amagi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:53 am

Liar looked at her tiger companion, "Byakko, you should apologize to that guy."

Byakko yawned, "why should I apologize to a weakling?" He then jumped onto the booth to lay down in it.

She said, "I get that you have to keep your rep as the sacred beast secure but, those spark's was an accident."

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Post by Forge » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:01 am

A new day begins...

Roggi was woken not by the sound of activity, so much as the lack of it. He'd found a comfortable position beneath the pool table the previous night, and had been happily (or, what passed for happy with this particular elf) sleeping off his booze until the silence began to intrude on his slumber. At this time of the evening there was usually some sort of bustle going on; Nick setting up, Wes and his infernal cleaning, chatty mouthbreathers coming through the door for a drink and an audience upon whom to spill their idiot problems. Even on quiet nights the bastard jukebox would strike up a jaunty tune just to spite him - tonight though? Nothing.

With a practiced wriggle the scarred elf beetled out from his temporary nest and scrambled to his feet, blinking blearily around the silent bar. No warlock. No anybody. For a moment he considered letting himself behind the bar and partaking of just enough tipple to send him back into oblivion again, but there was something off-putting about the usually lively space being so absent activity. So it was that, with a great deal of cursing and disgruntled muttering, Roggi set about making the bar ready and opening up. Was it to Nick's usual standard? No - but then the warlock wasn't there, was he? That was a thought that brought a smile to the old sot's face, and as a reward for his dedication and general good naturedness he helped himself go a generous libation or three while he worked.

With everything (mostly) done, the elf flicked the latch on the door open before returning to the bar, settling into place on the business side of things and topping up his glass.
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Nicodemus
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by Nicodemus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:09 am

Wes swiveled his head back and forth down the street, scanning the mundanes on the sidewalk for any sign of an approaching warlock. He had no idea whether Nick even left the bar each early morning when it closed, or why the place was locked tight when he'd rushed there after his last class, but something told him the proprietor rarely failed to adhere to the posted hours.

The door latch clicked behind him, and Wes turned to regard the handle quizzically before adjusting the weight of his backpack and stepping toward it.

Wes was surprised to find the empty space less comforting than the stir of previous nights. He crossed the floor to hang his bag on the back wall, offering a timid "Evening" to the elf as he passed the bar. There was a residual stagnancy hovering in the room, as if Roggi had concocted an air spray from his own eighty-proof musk with which to coat the tables.

He returned to pluck a rag and spray bottle from over the bar near Roggi. "I don't suppose he told you where he was going?"

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Forge » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:49 am

Roggi had grunted in reply, watching the boy enter through slitted eyes and following his progress over the rim of his glass. He was an odd one, that Wes. Very nice. Good people, as a rule, made Roggi suspicious - mostly because he had limited altruistic motivations himself, and found it difficult to trust that any such behaviour in others was genuine. With a few limited exceptions. Riley, he liked. The cat was alright, too.

Nicodemus wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:09 am
He returned to pluck a rag and spray bottle from over the bar near Roggi. "I don't suppose he told you where he was going?"

The elf snorted, taking another healthy swallow of liquor.
"Doesn't tell me anythin'. Just sods in and out like he owns the place." Roggi didn't pause to reflect on the contradiction in that statement, instead charging ahead while the going was good. "'Course, on account of him not being here, I'm in charge. You do your thing, you don't stop me doin' my thing, and we'll get along just fine." He eyed the boy, a troublesome look in his good eye. "Unless you wanna fight fer it?"

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Re: [IC] Nick's Bar [Tavern RP - Always Op

Post by Sammy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:14 am

Willow

It was less of an arrival and more of an appearance. It began with the distinctive scent of dense foliage just after a heavy bought of rain and was followed almost immediately by the instantaneous appearance of a distinctly non-human figure, her arms draped around Roggi with a casual intimacy that was completely at odds with just about everything else about the scarred elf's expression and general disposition. The nymph didn't appear to have any concern for his reaction to her entrance or embrace as she rested her chin gently on the his shoulder, gave his cheek the barest nuzzle and then turned to regard Wes with large, almond shaped eyes full of unbridled curiosity.

"Don't fight him, Roggi," her voice, like the rest of her, was a good few shades away from human despite her lack of discernible accent and had a strange, almost musical quality to it. "He's barely more than a sapling. Fragile. Doubt he'd survive a frost like yours," she smiled at Wes as she spoke, her eyes slowly moving from the top of his head to the bottom of his toes and back again. "He's started to put down roots here, I see. Just starting," she leant a little more on Roggi's back, giving her a slightly better vantage point and providing an ample distraction from the long-nailed finger she placed carefully in the elf's glass, the level of which ever so slowly began to fall. "Does the sapling have a name?"
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Nicodemus
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Nicodemus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:02 am

Wes forced a nervous chuckle, interrupted with scrutinizing pauses as he failed to convince himself the elf was joking. The boy had been telling himself that Roggi, underneath the sandpaper-like demeanor he insisted on upholding, had some softness to him. Now, with the elf's one good eye jesting him in the gloom of the empty bar, Wes was not at all sure that Roggi wouldn't clobber him with a whiskey bottle and stuff him in a sack to be taken out with the trash.

"No," he managed, "I'm ok--"

Wes hadn't registered the crisp humidity in the air before the nymph was simply in front of him, as if she'd been there a blink before. He started, almost saving himself the embarrassment from jumping back when he remembered that he was in Nick's bar and should stop being startled by things.
Sammy wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:14 am
"Does the sapling have a name?"
"Wes," he said almost confidently and offered his outstretched hand. He thought of Riley, and how he'd never gotten a chance to apologize for his childish reaction when meeting her. "Wesley Pratt. I'm sorry, I don't think I've noticed you here before. You are...?"

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Forge » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:12 am

The old elf made a show of snorting loudly despite some colour creeping into his cheeks, and moved to take a drink from his glass before the presence of her finger became apparent. Rather than simply ousting her, he stretched across with his free hand to snag the bottle and drank directly from that. It wasn't immediately apparent from his behaviour whether he liked or tolerated the newcomer; certainly he rolled his eye at the description of Wes as a sapling (though the boy was weedy, so mayhap it was appropriate), but at the same time made no real effort to dislodge her from his person or his drink, simply working around her while she practically hung off of him.

"Always did know how t'talk a man down." Roggi muttered, glancing once at Wes' outstretched hand and making a noise like a disgruntled horse. "Boy's Nick's new lackey, Green. Cleans, tidies, serves drinks.." The elf's eye twinkled, and he cackled quietly before adding in a quiet voice; "..makes cars crash."

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 am

Nicodemus wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:02 am
"Wes," he said almost confidently and offered his outstretched hand. He thought of Riley, and how he'd never gotten a chance to apologize for his childish reaction when meeting her. "Wesley Pratt. I'm sorry, I don't think I've noticed you here before. You are...?"
The nymph studied the outstretched hand for a moment before unfolding herself slowly from Roggi and hoisting herself smoothly onto the bar, crossing one leg over the other. "Wes," she tested the name as she reached for his hand, pulling him closer to her with a slight tug. She held his hand at the wrist, bringing it uncomfortably close to her face and turning it this way and that. With a smirk at some unknown discovery, Willow pressed her hand against his, holding it there for a moment or two, before looking back up at him with a smile.

"A Willow, mainly. There are others but Willow is what most call me."
Forge wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:12 am
"Always did know how t'talk a man down." Roggi muttered, glancing once at Wes' outstretched hand and making a noise like a disgruntled horse. "Boy's Nick's new lackey, Green. Cleans, tidies, serves drinks.." The elf's eye twinkled, and he cackled quietly before adding in a quiet voice; "..makes cars crash."
"He feels like Nick, a little," Willow nodded to herself as she slipped from the bar to the floor, now very much in Wes' personal bubble. "A cutting. Maybe." She cocked her head slightly to one side, bringing her face very close to his, almost nose to nose. "Makes cars crash? Cars make me sick," she nodded, sadly and then turned to give Roggi a smile that was trying perhaps a touch too hard to be innocuous. "Roggi, do you think Nick would share his sapling with Willow?"

Nicodemus
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Nicodemus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:59 am

Wes retreated slightly as the nymph unapologetically made herself at home in his space. With Willow in such close proximity, he realized the improvement upon the lingering bar smell since she'd arrived. It reminded him of home, the damp and earthy sweetness of the lake.
Sammy wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 am
"Roggi, do you think Nick would share his sapling with Willow?"
He fought the urge to protest the oddly worded request Willow ran by Roggi like Wes wasn't in the room. She was obviously a regular; the elf hadn't bitten or growled at her when she'd inconspicuously sampled his liquor.

"H--How do you mean?" He noticed the southern drawl creeping into his words, as it often did when he was apprehensive, and he cleared his throat as if his accent were stuck there. "And I don't crash cars. Well, not in particular. I just generally break things."

He looked away from Willow and considered the crumbling decrepit features of the elf before blinking away the notion that they may be the same thing.

"And what do you do, if you don't mind me asking?" he said turning back to Willow.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 am

Nicodemus wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:59 am
"H--How do you mean?" He noticed the southern drawl creeping into his words, as it often did when he was apprehensive, and he cleared his throat as if his accent were stuck there. "And I don't crash cars. Well, not in particular. I just generally break things."'
Willow simply smiled in way of response, closing the gap poor Wes had made for himself and studying the planes of his face as though he were less an individual and more an object of considerable interest. Though how she could actually see much of anything from such close proximity was anyone's guess.
"And what do you do, if you don't mind me asking?" he said turning back to Willow.
"You're not from the city are you, Sapling?" She asked as she ignored his question altogether, her voice lifting with an additional surge of interest. "You are starting to put down some tentative roots here but it is not where you're from. Where are you from?" She pressed her nose deliberately against his for a fraction of a second and then withdrew, hoisting herself back up to sit on the bar, her knees drawn up to her chest and her head resting upon them almost like a child waiting for story time.

Nicodemus
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Nicodemus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:38 am

Sammy wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 am
"You're not from the city are you, Sapling?" She asked as she ignored his question altogether, her voice lifting with an additional surge of interest. "You are starting to put down some tentative roots here but it is not where you're from. Where are you from?" She pressed her nose deliberately against his for a fraction of a second and then withdrew, hoisting herself back up to sit on the bar, her knees drawn up to her chest and her head resting upon them almost like a child waiting for story time.
Wes tensed as the nymph's face once again crowded his own, causing his eyes to cross in an attempt to keep them focused. Again he barely flinched at whatever her gesture was involving their noses before she hopping on the bar top.

Wanting some sort of explanation of the creature, he briefly glanced at Roggi before silently scolding himself for even considering the determinedly unhelpful sot. It seemed everything he'd tried in this place was an exercise in futility. No one ever had an answer, at least not one he could understand, but everyone found it amusing that he wasn't born into this fairy-tale-come-to-life. It wasn't funny that he could see werewolves at the university, or that his mailman was possessed. It was damn unsettling, and no one here--the only people who could understand--cared in the slightest.

"I'm from the south," Wes finally answered, the words a bit sharper than he'd intended, but he'd made up his mind. He smacked the rag down on a barstool to punctuate the thought and began wiping briskly. "That's it. That's all you get until I know what a willow is, or what he is," he pointed his spray bottle toward Roggi, "or whatever you want to tell me about things that I don't know about because I can't know about them because no one else does." Wes lost momentum, struggling to say everything at once. Suddenly feeling quite foolish and out of place, he abandoned his rant.

"Would you like something to drink?"

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:19 am

Nicodemus wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:38 am
"I'm from the south," Wes finally answered, the words a bit sharper than he'd intended, but he'd made up his mind. He smacked the rag down on a barstool to punctuate the thought and began wiping briskly. "That's it. That's all you get until I know what a willow is, or what he is," he pointed his spray bottle toward Roggi, "or whatever you want to tell me about things that I don't know about because I can't know about them because no one else does." Wes lost momentum, struggling to say everything at once. Suddenly feeling quite foolish and out of place, he abandoned his rant.

"Would you like something to drink?"
"Oh," Willow replied, more than a hint of sympathy in her voice even as she stared at Wes as though he was even more interesting that she had initially assumed. "Nick hasn't been taking good care of you at all has he, Sapling? He should know better." The Nymph glanced at Roggi and wagged her finger, "These early days are the most important. Conditions have to be just right for roots to take to new soil and this," she gestured vaguely, the movement causing the foliage growing from her head to rustle slightly "This isn't right at all. Not at all."

"Sit down, Sapling, and I will look after you while Nick is away. There are some things Nick must teach you but Willow is old and can answer many questions," she gestured to one of the bar stools and, in one fluid motion, turned so that she was lying on her front across the bar-top, propped up on her elbows with her chin resting on her hands, staring expectantly at the bar stool with large, glowing eyes.

Trekwars
Scout
Scout
Class: Mage

Post by Trekwars » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Just down the street aways a man slowly gets dressed in a motel room, throwing on his shirt and his pants. After he has gotten the essentials to his attire on his body he reaches over to his nightstand and picks up a strange watch device, strapping it to his left wrist. Well Isaac, I think you have spent plenty time in this neck of the woods, time to head on my way and see what else we can find. Isaac thinks to himself. But before he can hit the button on the watch to activate the multidimensional travel he glances out the window and can see Nick's Bar out on the street. He feels the same strange pull as he did the day before and decides to grab his things and go check it out. I'll only stay one more day, how much trouble can I get into in 24 hours?.

Answer= A lot

Walking into the bar the strange man stands in the doorway, goggles hanging around his neck, his cloak wrapped up into a nice, folded ball tucked under his arm. His sword is still strapped to his back naturally and his watch still sits on his wrist emitting a small glow. Isaac was about to say something but he stopped himself. Seeing only a handful of people within the bar surprised him, but what concerned him more was the strange woman (At least he hoped it was a woman) who was leaning over the bar in a manner that was concerning for Isaac.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything..." Isaac says, setting his folded cloak on a table.
Thanks to Forge for the Signature text, Wad for the Avatar, and Georgie for the creative idea.

Nicodemus
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Nicodemus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Wes hesitated after the nymph so graciously offered to help. Her turned to search Roggi's face for any betrayal of a smirk, just in case it was a trick and Willow was about to make vines grow out of nowhere and tie him to the barstool, but the elf's ancient features were indifferent as ever.

He set the spray bottle on the bar and tentatively scooted onto the stool, fidgeting with the rag in his hands as he regarded Willow. If he indeed had someone's attention, he suddenly felt foolish for not having questions prepared. For the thousandth time since Nick had told him what he was, Wes considered how this new world challenged everything he thought he knew. How long had strange beings been around? Longer than humans? Why did magic work if what he knew of science was true? Was any science correct? He felt the opportunity passing and forced himself to settle on something.

"Humans used to know about all this, right? Why can't you let them see--"
Trekwars wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:00 pm
"I hope I'm not interrupting anything..." Isaac says, setting his folded cloak on a table.
Wes cursed his luck silently and didn't quite leave the barstool as he faced the new customer. "Not at all. Can I get you something?"

Palacia
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Vampire

Post by Palacia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Safety

He needed some time, recover, process, a place to forget, a place to take a minute and enjoy a moment of… what? Peace? Hardly. . well maybe. Those who pursued him either couldn’t enter Nick’s bar by means of some forlorn enchantment or perhaps they were simply afraid of the old warlock. Both were actually likely knowing Nick, but even so, Ryan couldn’t likely prove either case. Despite the unique energy he could easily interface with and perform splendid feats, magic had never come easily to Ryan, especially the more complex natures of magic.

Accordingly Nick’s bar was the first place that popped into Ryan’s mind, all things considered. He’d been traveling through the northeastern canada when Those that Pursued Him resurfaced. The mark burned, as it’d always done moments before Those that Pursued Him materialized. Spectres of some type was probably the best way to describe these creatures, Hunters of the Damned, Seekers of the Marked, Shades of Vendetta. He’d called them many names over the years, but nothing quite captured their essence as well as an indirect name. They seemed to be creatures of ambiguity; in all of his years traveling he had to discover why these creatures hunted them. Or even what they were, they were just Those that Pursued Him. The mark that burned whenever They were close is also shrouded in mystery. Easily seen the mark appears to be three westernly curved teardrops seemed almost burned into the backside of his right hand. However, it could easily be a stylized tattoo.

Caught off guard, and unwilling to combat the seemingly unkillable Those that Pursued Him Ryan, using his limited access to the Arc Animus, jumped from his small camp to the only safe location he knew. With a flash of soundless blue ethereal energy Ryan appeared slightly above the pool table. He came crashing down, the pool table inevitable catching his fall. He raised his right arm, “ I’m okay,” he faintly cried out. Sitting up to see the quiet, almost familiar bar setting and it’s patrons. “ Ah, good things are normal still. NICK you here?”

He groaned again and laid back down.
Image All credit to Forge, amazing work

Shea
Scout
Scout
Class: Paladin

Post by Shea » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 pm

A human looking individual with a bob of black hair peered into the Bar from the door; female, with black ripped jeans and a swathe of rich maroon on her lips. She puckered her glossy mouth for a moment in an entirely exaggerated expression, eyes and brow cinched as she weighed various options in her mind. Black painted nails clutched the edge of the door and the outer handle, though despite her material interactions she seemed to almost see through the other newcomer standing directly in her way. Before he could make the move himself, though, she stepped out from his shadow and entered first, her immediate objective clearly the alcohol and not the company.

“Good turnout for five minutes after opening,” she remarked aloud upon approach to no one in particular, giving the room a vague once over. “Roggi must have made himself scarc- Oh, hey old man.”

She plopped herself into a free seat with a low chuckle and set to making herself at home, pulling off and promptly discarding her dark parker jacket, a dappled ruby red scarf wound thrice around her neck still remaining. Morgan tapped the bar top with two fingers, creating a thick dun dun into the heavy wood, and called for a whiskey sour, double, with marked insistence.

Even a disinterested evaluation brought most faces in the room to light; some unknown, and few she had never been particularly.. keen on. She gave a snort but didn’t glance aside.

"The Lady of the Forest blesses us with her presence also,” she fidgeted in her seat. “And she's found herself an exciting new mark. Hopefully this one lasts."

She tugged the scratchy fabric from the brand on her neck; the puckered flesh tended to catch the odd piece of thread with an unusually potent sting. Curiously, the magical cat did not appear as she waited.

Nicodemus
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Nicodemus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:19 am

The bar was quickly gaining the quirky commotion Wes knew it for, and the sudden thought of Nick's absence made him miss the eerie quiet. During his first evening in the place, Wes had witnessed the warlock stamping out a rather tense confrontation between what Wes assumed were exceptionally powerful patrons.
Shea wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 pm
Morgan tapped the bar top with two fingers, creating a thick dun dun into the heavy wood, and called for a whiskey sour, double, with marked insistence.
Wes excused himself from the eager Willow with a nod and hopped out of his barstool. He studied Roggi as he rounded the bar, the elf affectionately tending to his whiskey and little else. What would happen if there was trouble while Nick was gone? Wes hadn't witnessed any powers the elf might have, other than his uncanny ability to make liquor disappear. More pressing, would Roggi be concerned enough to step in before things got out of hand?

On the business side of the bar, Wes discretely checked his phone and silently congratulated himself on guessing correctly the ingredients of a whiskey sour before mixing the drink. He slid the glass to the dark-haired customer and wiped the lemon juice from his fingers as he spoke.
Shea wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 pm
"The Lady of the Forest blesses us with her presence also,” she fidgeted in her seat. “And she's found herself an exciting new mark. Hopefully this one lasts."
"Alright," he said to both Willow and Morgan, "scratch my first question. What the heck does mark mean, and why don't they last."

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:52 am

Nicodemus wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:19 am
"Alright," he said to both Willow and Morgan, "scratch my first question. What the heck does mark mean, and why don't they last."
"Oh leave the poor Sapling alone, Morgan," with a sigh that caused her various foliage to shake, the Nymph returned to a sitting position and then, upon noticing the bar filling up, slipped onto the bar stool that Wes had just vacated. Willow pouted for just a moment before turning her large green eyes on Roggi. "She is just trying to ruffle your leaves, Sapling. Willow isn't dangerous, am I, Roggi?" She absently traced shapes on the bar top with a forlorn expression. "Tend, grow, protect," the Nymph looked back at Wes with a smile, "And I like to hear people's stories."

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Forge » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:16 am

Palacia wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:02 pm
Caught off guard, and unwilling to combat the seemingly unkillable Those that Pursued Him Ryan, using his limited access to the Arc Animus, jumped from his small camp to the only safe location he knew. With a flash of soundless blue ethereal energy Ryan appeared slightly above the pool table. He came crashing down, the pool table inevitable catching his fall. He raised his right arm, “ I’m okay,” he faintly cried out. Sitting up to see the quiet, almost familiar bar setting and it’s patrons. “ Ah, good things are normal still. NICK you here?”

He groaned again and laid back down.

Roggi let out a long, world-weary sigh at the appearance of another person, on the pool table this time. He wasn't even sure why Nick opened this place up to others. There was booze here, and it was warm, and comfortable; why spoil that with all this bleating.

"Ain't here," the elf bellowed, taking another swig from his bottle, before narrowing his eyes at the newcomer. "Dunno where he's got to. Don't care. Get off my table."

Sammy wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:52 am
"She is just trying to ruffle your leaves, Sapling. Willow isn't dangerous, am I, Roggi?" She absently traced shapes on the bar top with a forlorn expression. "Tend, grow, protect," the Nymph looked back at Wes with a smile, "And I like to hear people's stories."

Whatever vengeance Roggi might have been about to visit on Ryan for defiling his pool table was diverted by Willow's intervention, and the old elf eyed the man for a moment longer before blowing air through his lips and turning away. He raised his bottle again, paused, eyed the contents, and then went ahead and drank anyway before settling back into his corner of the bar.
"Willow's Willow. 'Bout as dangerous as an actual tree, 'cept better to talk to, 'less you're planning to do wrong by her." He gave the boy a glare that told him exactly what he thought of that potential course of action, then snorted, and thumped his bottle down on the bar so hard the bottles along the back rattled. "And Morgan's mostly a pain in the arse, and that layabout --" Roggi gestured to where Ryan was sprawled on the furniture. "-- is less dangerous than the cat. And I'm a sodding elf." He finished by aggresively pointing at his own pointed ear, good eye fixed on Wes. "And yer safe here. Pit, boy; Nick might be a shitty teacher, but he ain't going to leave you to get ate or anythin'!" Roggi sat back aggressively, rattling the beer taps as he did. "Got to stop being so damn yellow all the time, boy," he finished with a nod, before promptly descending into his drink again.