Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[IC] Nick's Bar [Tavern RP - Always Open]

The realms where science and sorcery tend to exist in equal focus. This may also includes settings with only a few major differences from our world such as the existence of the supernatural. Examples: The Marvel Universe, Vampire the Masquerade, Supernatural (Series)

Moderators: Darkblade, Georgeanna

Mentor
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Mage

Re: [IC] Nick's Bar [Tavern RP - Always Open]

Post by Mentor » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:38 pm

The boy in violet half-turned towards the Elf, when he snatched the card from between his fingers. At the moment of contact the air around him rippled slightly, but then fell still. He stood there, half-turned, apparently glaring at the drunken old sot from behind his sunglasses, while violet words speed-wrote themselves randomly on various surfaces around the bar before vanishing just as quickly.

Something was clearly happening.

Finally, calmly, apparently ignoring the woman he'd tried to give the card to, he took a small sip of his drink. Or, maybe, he just touched the liquid to his lips.

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Adventurer

Post by Filth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:33 am

wadjet wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:52 pm
“After that was hard, but not always. Met a man, so to speak, and traveled with him for a time. It didn’t last, but it was… it was nice.” He smiled softly, halfway lost in the memories.

“So, care to share your life’s story now, perhaps?” Ren sat back on the barstool a bit, glancing to Damien.
Damien nodded his head slowly as he listened to Ren's brief tale and when his turn was offered replied simply, "nah," and took a slow drink to empty his glass, allowing the silence to linger for awhile, and then began his own tale.

"Nothing special, really. I mean, New Orleans is something special. She a goddess in her own right, but me, I got nothing special to hide or tell." Curiosity drifted through the bar at the speed of a run, careful not to pass through anyone and placed herself on the bar to his right, sitting with her legs crossed, her elbows on her knees, and her chin resting on her fists. Her pose was of someone ready to listen to a story and her expression was a demand for it. Damien chuckled without sound and turned his gaze far enough toward Ren that she was beyond the edges of his vision.

"Born t'ere, raised t'ere, loved and died t'ere. Sang t'lullaby and now I travel wi'this babette who make me look couillon on account most not bein' able to see 'er," his accent had grown stronger, bringing his words closer together. He looked as though he was on the verge of laughing when his attention turned back to Curiosity who now sat with her brow furrowed and her bottom lip stuck out in a pouting gesture, "don't you dare make a bahbin at Damien, you know t'story better than I do by now."

He had just about turned his attention back to Ren when he burst into near silent suppressed laugh and dropped his head, "T'as raison! She'd ha'been a great actress. Da triple-threat if she plays that violin of hers half as well as she plays Damien like one." He laughed as quietly as he could manage along side whoever in his mind he was speaking to and Curiosity just stuck her tongue out at them both before dropping from the counter to find something else to do.
nickraborn wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:39 pm
He raised his voice so the new...woman could hear. "Can I get you something?"
"Water while you're at it, mon amie," he said to Wes before finally managing to turn his attention back to Ren and bring his accent back under control, "so what brings you here so often?"

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Forge wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:43 pm
Nick studied the table for a moment, a frown on his face and his fingers tap-tapping an even little rhythm against the wood. "Hypothetically, if I was commenting on it, which I obviously shouldn't, I'd say you were on to something." He didn't look at her as he spoke, the words framed more as an observation than anything else. "Too much coincidence. Too many might-be's." The frown deepened, and the tempo of his fingertips against the table increased before coming to an abrupt halt, the tension in his forehead smoothing away. "You're right, though," Nick told her. "We shouldn't talk about it. Reaper business is Reaper business, and I know your boss doesn't like me sticking my nose in. So we'll drop it." The warlock held her gaze for a moment, then smiled sweetly. "On a completely unrelated note, I have to run by the Grey Market some time soon, and I could use help with my lifting and carrying. You can let me know when you're free." The smile gave way to a mischievous grin. "And obviously, if you pick up on anything out of sorts while we're out, I'll have no objections to taking a detour. Can't stand in the way of Death's agent doing her job, right? I'm considerate like that."
The reaper studied him for a moment, absently toying with the corner of a newspaper as she shifted her weight from one side to another. Riley wasn't usually one for fidgeting, another indication of just how much whatever it was that was going on had been bothering her. She sighed and pretended to be turning her head to look at the rest of the bar, bringing her lips fairly close to his ear.

"Same thing a few days later. And last night," she whispered as softly as she could manage and then gestured vaguely to the tabletop filled with newspapers as though the quantity spoke for itself. She shuffled back to how she'd been sat previously "You know, I could do with a little shopping trip myself and I reckon you could do with the supervision. Didn't you buy a self-inflating, talking banana last time you were there?"
Forge wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:43 pm
Nick uncoiled like a cat, half rising from the chair and giving her arm the briefest of touches - just his fingertips, enough for her to notice - before wriggling round to the opposite seat again where he wouldn't be able to look over her things. The warlock shot a glance at the bar, taking in both the newcomers and Wes holding the fort.
"I'm concerned that I'm giving that boy way too much to deal with in too short a time," he mused, as much to Riley as to himself.
"I would offer to go lend him a hand, take my mind off things a bit but the kid's terrified of me. Almost tripped over his own feet trying to put some distance between us yesterday," she attempted a smirk but was only half successful. "You should probably go help him out, though. Don't you feel some responsibility as his mentor, hm? Besides, I'm going to need a lot more coffee."
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Post by Forge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Sammy wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:52 pm
"Same thing a few days later. And last night," she whispered as softly as she could manage and then gestured vaguely to the tabletop filled with newspapers as though the quantity spoke for itself. She shuffled back to how she'd been sat previously "You know, I could do with a little shopping trip myself and I reckon you could do with the supervision. Didn't you buy a self-inflating, talking banana last time you were there?"

The warlock gave the briefest of nods before he rose from his seat; a tiny gesture that would have passed as inconsequential for anyone who wasn't sitting in the booth with him. He chuckled as he settled into place, shaking his head.
"Señor Plátano," Nick grinned. "I loved that thing. Banana had a foul mouth. Think it even taught Roggi a couple of new ones." The Warlock grimaced. "Shame what happened with the troll and all. Who knows - maybe I'll find a new one. Set it up next to your regular stool, huh?"

Sammy wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:52 pm
"You should probably go help him out, though. Don't you feel some responsibility as his mentor, hm? Besides, I'm going to need a lot more coffee."

"Absolutely none at all, and if you keep throwing around words like mentor I'm cutting you off." He paused briefly, craning his neck before cupping both hands around his mouth. "You're doing fine, Wes! Buen trabajo! Good job!" The warlock finished with a thumbs up and heavily exagerrated grin before settling back into his seat with a shrug and letting his expression shift back to normal. "Honestly, I don't have a clue what I'm doing. All these years and I never really had to teach someone before. Most kids with magic know all this stuff before they're even half his age, and they all come from families with magic in their blood. This kid walks in here same as any mundane, and now he's got to be taught what the world's really like in double-quick time. Eso apesta. If I'd wanted that kind of responsibility, I'd have been a father." The warlock stared at his fingers in silence for a moment, tap-tap-tapping before abruptly pressing his palm flat against the table, brightness settling back over him like a shroud. He smiled. "We should hit the market after closing. Maybe a little before if Pol will close up. See if we can't find something good, huh?"
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:43 pm

Forge wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:27 pm
"Absolutely none at all, and if you keep throwing around words like mentor I'm cutting you off." He paused briefly, craning his neck before cupping both hands around his mouth. "You're doing fine, Wes! Buen trabajo! Good job!" The warlock finished with a thumbs up and heavily exagerrated grin before settling back into his seat with a shrug and letting his expression shift back to normal.
Riley held up her hands in surrender and paired the gesture with her most innocent of smiles. "You're right, you've just taken a confused kid off the streets, given him a job and offered to teach him the ways of the non-mundane world. Mentor isn't the right term at all. I have no idea how I could have got it so wrong. Must be the lack of sleep. My sincerest apologies," she hid the smirk that may or may not have existed behind her mug of coffee as she drained the last of it.
Forge wrote:
"Honestly, I don't have a clue what I'm doing. All these years and I never really had to teach someone before. Most kids with magic know all this stuff before they're even half his age, and they all come from families with magic in their blood. This kid walks in here same as any mundane, and now he's got to be taught what the world's really like in double-quick time. Eso apesta. If I'd wanted that kind of responsibility, I'd have been a father." The warlock stared at his fingers in silence for a moment, tap-tap-tapping before abruptly pressing his palm flat against the table, brightness settling back over him like a shroud.

The reaper noticed the strange look that crossed his features but had been part of Nick's life for long enough to know better than to ask. The pair of them had something of an unwritten contract when it came to raising certain personal questions and overlooking certain strange moments. This fell as firmly under that as anything ever had. There were topics reserved solely for quiet nights fueled by vast quantities of cheap whiskey and coffee, however fancily it had been made, just wasn't going to cut it.

"You'll work it out. Besides, he's found himself in a bar full of magically inclined folk. He's not exactly going to want for instructors, he'll have the basics nailed in no time. Then there will be two of you showing of with the coffee machine," she smirked.
Forge wrote:
He smiled. "We should hit the market after closing. Maybe a little before if Pol will close up. See if we can't find something good, huh?"
"Why do I get the feeling I'm going to regret bringing any of this up?" She muttered, mostly to herself but loud enough for him to hear. "How about tomorrow morning? Much as I hate to admit it, I'm not going to be much use to the living or the dead if I don't get my head down for a few hours. Coffee has its limitations. This you can manage an early start for once?"
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Jyrc
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Pirate

Post by Jyrc » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:02 pm

nickraborn wrote:"Besides," Wes added quietly, gesturing as subtly as possible to the latest customer, "it's not like you can pretend your the most aesthetically interesting person in here anymore."

He raised his voice so the new...woman could hear. "Can I get you something?"

"Yes please, could i get a whiskey on rocks please..." My soft latín american accent is noticible when I speak. I rub my temples as if trying to preventivo the massive headache i know ill get.

ivorycoasting
Scrub
Scrub

Post by ivorycoasting » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:06 pm

The woman stepped over the threshold, stalling for a moment as the door closed to let her eyes adjust to the slightly different lighting. The room was littered with an assortment of fascinating people, many involved in conversation as she carefully approached the bar, trying to avoid drawing attention to herself. Nervously, she chose a seat with empty neighbors and picked at her cuticles while she tried to catch the bartender's eye.
This is where it starts, she thought to herself. It was the first time she was genuinely looking for... well, what she was looking for. A strange, anticipatory thought it was, and it made her feel as though this first day should yield some important information. Though, she knew it likely would not. She brushed her silvery blonde hair (which had not actually come untucked) back behind her ear.

Shea
Scout
Scout
Class: Paladin

Post by Shea » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Content to aid Wes in whatever bar keeping capacity she could without overstepping his control, the shaggy cat helped patrons to drinks only when it seemed that he couldn't. The only real notice Pol seemed to take of the going-ons in the bar were the patrons sitting right before her, and the hushed discussions between the owner of the bar, Nick, and their resident Reaper, Sammy, seemed to hold no interest to her, as she never so much as glanced their direction throughout their entire discourse. However, both would know better of her than to let anything so tantalizing as a conspiracy pass her complacently by.
Mentor wrote:Please don't hide things from me so blatantly, it makes me uncomfortable. I suggest a scarf, makeup or a minor glamour in future.
Ironic coming from one such as yourself, don't you agree?
ivorycoasting wrote:The woman stepped over the threshold, stalling for a moment as the door closed to let her eyes adjust to the slightly different lighting. The room was littered with an assortment of fascinating people, many involved in conversation as she carefully approached the bar, trying to avoid drawing attention to herself. Nervously, she chose a seat with empty neighbors and picked at her cuticles while she tried to catch the bartender's eye. This is where it starts, she thought to herself. It was the first time she was genuinely looking for... well, what she was looking for. A strange, anticipatory thought it was, and it made her feel as though this first day should yield some important information. Though, she knew it likely would not. She brushed her silvery blonde hair (which had not actually come untucked) back behind her ear.
The large feline watched the new woman with a curious glint in it's golden eyes, it's tail pausing mid-swish to curl at the tip. A calming, disembodied voice met the woman's ears, though the mouth of the creature didn't move, and it's tail once again continued to drift back and forth as it spoke.

Greetings. Would you care for a drink? Or perhaps.. My apologies, one moment, please.

The voice interrupted itself as soon as it began, and the cat rose from it's hind legs to all four pads before letting itself drop from the edge and disappear off the other side of the counter. It must have landed without hindrance as it appeared the next instant, walking unabated towards the storeroom door. The door still open, the cat stopped short of entering and instead surveyed the damages, gaze drifting to meet eyes with the frightened little elf girl, who had since been left mostly to her devices since the kerfuffle inside.

Instead of speaking, the cat simply climbed and clambered over the junk that had shattered and spilled, careful to mind the broken pieces of glass that clinked by her fluffy feet. Pol maowed softly at the elf girl, lightly headbutting the small child in the leg as she began to rub her own pointed ears against the fabric of the girl's dress, prompting soft mews of content.
Lumeus wrote:

Lumeus
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Lumeus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:45 am

Mahgedawyn had been too self-involved in her own pity to notice Roggi, and her wailing had been too loud to properly hear Wes. So, left by her lonesome with her knees pulled up to her chest, held fast by her arms, and her hooded head tucked down to hide her face, the girl’s sobbing had subsided into sniffling hiccups.
Shea wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:23 pm
Pol maowed softly at the elf girl, lightly headbutting the small child in the leg as she began to rub her own pointed ears against the fabric of the girl's dress, prompting soft mews of content.
Mahgedawyn’s head popped up abruptly at Pol’s nudging. The girl fully expected it to be some monstrous creature’s tendril seeking to snatch her up to be gobbled upon, and when she realized that not only was the creature not a monster but rather a fluffy kitty, the relief that washed over her set off the waterworks all over again as she snatched Pol up in her arms with the speed of predator that had been patiently waiting for its prey to get too close to avoid capture.

The front door of the bar opened and sunlight poured in briefly obscuring the identity of the new arrival in contrasting shadow until they stepped inside and the door swung closed behind them.

Ahzair let the cigarette smoke smoke curl out from between his lips as he surveyed the bar from behind a pair of black Ray-Bans. After a moment he sauntered over to the bar, sat on one of the stools, and in a haze of his own cigarette smoke addressed the man-sized child that was tending.

“First, scotch. Second, was I here last night? Third, if that answer is 'yes', do you have a lost and found?”
nickraborn wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:39 pm

Nicodemus
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Nicodemus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:37 am

Filth wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:33 am
"Water while you're at it, mon amie,"
ivorycoasting wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:06 pm
Nervously, she chose a seat with empty neighbors and picked at her cuticles while she tried to catch the bartender's eye.
No closer to getting Adelaide to enjoy a conversation than he was the night before, Wes sent her a resigned smile as he started down the bar. "Excuse me." Wes filled three glasses with water and left one in front of Damien. He slid the second glass to the newest woman. "Something while you decide, miss," he offered as welcoming as he could; he recognized her anxiety-fueled ticks all too well. "I'll be right back."
Shea wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:23 pm
Pol maowed softly at the elf girl, lightly headbutting the small child in the leg as she began to rub her own pointed ears against the fabric of the girl's dress, prompting soft mews of content.
He grabbed the third water on his way to the store room door. Once there, he slowed his pace so as not to startle the girl inside and approached the chair beside her where he set the glass of water. "Thank you, Pol. I'll let Nick know about her as soon as he's done...doing whatever he's doing." With a gracious nod, Wes left the two to their privacy, pulling the door to halfway to keep out some of the noise from the bar.
Jyrc wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:02 pm
"Yes please, could i get a whiskey on rocks please..."
Back to a brisk stride, Wes grabbed another glass and scooped some ice on his way back to Roggi, where he poured the glass out of the elf's whiskey bottle. Wes offered only a grin to Roggi's frown and protest: "You keep that off my tab." Wes left the bottle and returned to the horned woman, trying not to blatantly study her features as he slid the whiskey across the bar. "There you go."
Lumeus wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:45 am
“First, scotch. Second, was I here last night? Third, if that answer is 'yes', do you have a lost and found?”
Wes was in the process of patting himself on the back when the man sat down with a line of questioning. He did remember his face, and that the man had caused... Wes glanced at Adelaide, then Riley, as the events came back to him, not knowing what he should do. He spun around to tend to the man's drink as he stammered through a response.

"You--I think...yes. Yes, sir. I remember seeing you." Wes couldn't remember him leaving anything, unless... Frank. Where was the pixie? Wes hadn't seen him leave the night before. He felt his chest begin to tighten for the first time today. "Who--" Dammit. He tried to slur the mistake into another word. "What are you looking for?" He turned back around and set the scotch in front of Ahzair. "Did you loose your keys?" He leaned casually and looked around Ahzair to see if Nick was still tied up.

Jyrc
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Pirate

Post by Jyrc » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:25 am

Jyrc wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:02 pm
"Yes please, could i get a whiskey on rocks please..."
nickraborn wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:37 am
Back to a brisk stride, Wes grabbed another glass and scooped some ice on his way back to Roggi, where he poured the glass out of the elf's whiskey bottle. Wes offered only a grin to Roggi's frown and protest: "You keep that off my tab." Wes left the bottle and returned to the horned woman, trying not to blatantly study her features as he slid the whiskey across the bar. "There you go."
"Thank you," I say with a grateful nod of my head my eyes dart around wary. I take off my work jacket and place it in the back of the stool.

ivorycoasting
Scrub
Scrub

Post by ivorycoasting » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:37 am

Safiya smiled gratefully at the copper-haired man who set the water in front of her and pulled it closer to her while glancing conspicuously back to the storeroom, where the other woman had disappeared to. When the man partially closed the door, she knew she would have to let her curiosity rest and turned back to the drink menu. The seat beside her was suddenly taken by a man in a cloud of smoke. The place was getting increasingly busy, and the woman started to despair that she might never get a chance to ask her questions if she didn't up her self confidence. She straightened and interrupted the conversation just beginning to take place beside her when there was a pause. "Could I get a vodka soda, please?" she asked, loudly enough to be heard and with as much confidence as she could muster. She tried to convey the spirit of her mother, or at least the only one she had ever known, who had been a strong willed and precise woman.

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Forge » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:21 pm

Sammy wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:43 pm
"You'll work it out. Besides, he's found himself in a bar full of magically inclined folk. He's not exactly going to want for instructors, he'll have the basics nailed in no time. Then there will be two of you showing of with the coffee machine," she smirked.

Nick wrinkled his nose.
"Ugh, don't. Pol I'm not so worried about, but can you imagine some of our regulars teaching him magic? The nymphs, maybe? Or -- what was that guy who mimicked voices and kept trying to tickle people? The leshy?" He gave an exaggerated shudder. "I can't afford to lawyer up, Riles. I need to keep my strays-slash-staff in check."

Sammy wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:43 pm
"Why do I get the feeling I'm going to regret bringing any of this up?" She muttered, mostly to herself but loud enough for him to hear. "How about tomorrow morning? Much as I hate to admit it, I'm not going to be much use to the living or the dead if I don't get my head down for a few hours. Coffee has its limitations. This you can manage an early start for once?"

The warlock made a show of considering her point, before finally sighing in mock resignation and offering the Reaper a grave nod. She looked weary. Riley always looked tired - that was probably a given, shooting around collecting souls all the time - but he rarely saw her looking genuinely weary, and it made him feel a little guilty that he'd gotten caught up in the moment instead of noticing that she needed rest.
"I guess, just this once, I could get up like a normal person." Nick paused, glancing at the bar, then grinned at her. "Normal-ish. As for you, upstairs is open if you wanna get your head down. Save you ditching early to make the trip home, if you don't want to. Oh, also," he tapped a deft finger against the table, causing the coffee cup to make a great show of spinning in place before the liquid inside topped itself up. The warlock looked pointedly off to one side, as though he was disinterested despite the smirk on his face. "Nobody shows off as well as I do."
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Trekwars
Scout
Scout

Post by Trekwars » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:42 pm

(Hi, this is my first actual roleplay thing on this forum, so Hi I guess lol)
A man, or a boy, or something in between, walks out of an alleyway. As he walks puddles of water around him crackle with tiny amounts of blue electricity that quickly dissipate. The young man is dressed in a white shirt and a red vest with a green cloak draping over his shoulders. Over his eyes, he wears a pair of dark bronze goggles with tinted glass. Even though his eyes may be concealed his attention is most obviously occupied by some kind of watch on his arm.

Why does this darn thing never work! He screams in his mind.

The man looks up from his wrist and looks around, looking up and down the street.

Well Isaac, what do you plan on doing now? The man, whose name is apparently Isaac, asks himself.

In his mind, he mentally flips a coin and decides to start walking towards his left. He walks for a while, passing people on the street, weaving in and out of traffic and the bustle of everyday life. Suddenly his peripheral vision catches his eye and causes him to back up and take a second look at whatever just caught his attention. A rundown little dive bar sits in front of him with a sign hanging out front. Isaac looks around him, surprised to see people just walking past and not noticing it. Isaac couldn't put his finger on it, he just didn't know what was so intriguing about the bar.

Alright Nick's bar, let's see what you've got in store for me.

Isaac walks through the front door and stands in the doorway, his green cloak covering most of his body and his goggles still over his face. He stands there, studying the room and everyone in it, not moving as he takes the whole scene in.
Thanks to Forge for the Signature text, Wad for the Avatar, and Georgie for the creative idea.

Lumeus
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Lumeus » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:58 am

nickraborn wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:37 am
"Did you loose your keys?"
The Jinn just sat and silently starred at Wes for what seemed like weeks, or seconds. Depends.

The black shades completely covered his eyes, but even polarized as they were, the burning glow of
the white hot orbs sitting in Ahzair’s eyesockets could still be seen behind the lenses, and that’s how Wes would know that Ahzair didn’t blink. Ever.

“Yeah, I lost my keys.” Ahzair let that hang for a second. “They’re blue, and shaped like a pixie. Seen ‘em?”

He took a drag on the cigarette and the smoke curled out from behind his glasses.

The Twins
Scrub
Scrub

Post by The Twins » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:58 pm

Having walked for miles with no sign of intelligence in this gods forsaken city among Mundanes with little to no perception outside of their own bubbles of existence Kalus and Kayla walk into the bar; which happened to be the first sign of actual life since they crossed into this reality. Looking around at the quaint little establishment the two walk up to the bar and take seats. The two travelers wore long coats the taller of the two bearing black leather while the other wore a brown duster both obviously fairly worn. Taking their wide brim hats off fiery red hair is exposed almost glowing in the dim light as they set the headwear next to them on the wood letting out a long sigh in unison, looking up at the television letting their glamours drop the bigger of the pair shows to be of Orcish decent though his features are less harsh than the barbaric race and tusks are not as large as a purebred Orc leading to the correct assumption he a half breed. His traveling partner is a female with elven features but again the angles of her face are somewhat rounded to show she as well is not pure. Their eyes though are the same shade of deep and somehow swirling purple as well as sporting the same waist length red hair as if they had been growing it for the exact same amount of time, something that should be impossible with genetics being as they are. The man shifts his eyes towards Nick and asks "do you serve our kind?" The female sighing at his blunt question but realizes after so many failures to get even the barest of meals he wants only to get a straight answer quickly to either fill their empty stomachs or be on their way to find sustenance elsewhere.

Nicodemus
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Nicodemus » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:24 am

ivorycoasting wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:37 am
"Could I get a vodka soda, please?"
Lumeus wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:58 am
“Yeah, I lost my keys.” Ahzair let that hang for a second. “They’re blue, and shaped like a pixie. Seen ‘em?”
"Sure," Wes turned to Safiya, trying hard to seem like he was simply doing his job and not actively avoiding talking about the pixie. But after fixing the vodka soda, and adding a lime after checking with his phone, he could still feel Ahzair's gaze. He slid the drink across the bar to Safiya and looked back to the jinn, realizing he shouldn't be nervous. He didn't even have to lie.

"I don't know where Frank is," Wes said with his best air of indifference. "He might've left after me last night."
Trekwars wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:42 pm
Isaac walks through the front door and stands in the doorway
The Twins wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:58 pm
The man shifts his eyes towards Nick and asks "do you serve our kind?"
With new customers and new reasons to be distracted from Ahzair, Wes took a few steps down the bar. He caught himself checking the nooks of the shelves for any little blue people that might still be sleeping there, but he saw no signs of Frank.

"I don't think anybody gets to be special here," he said more to the half-orc, then looks to the man studying the bar from the doorway. "Can I get any of you anything."

The Twins
Scrub
Scrub

Post by The Twins » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:03 am

With a deep rumble from his barrel chest the male has to think having expected to be turned away but at Wes' question sunk in his body visibly relaxed some. "I am Falcrun and this is my sister Dalyun, we require two pints of Arrogant Bastard Ale as well as any food you are able to offer. It has been a long journey." The woman who has been named as Dalyun lowers her head and dabs at her eye where silver streaks begin to appear from finally being able to rest, "thank you for not turning us away," she says in a quiet voice knowing that she was being melodramatic but in this world they have found nothing but ignorance and cruelty from mundane and others alike.

Liara_Amagi
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Rogue

Post by Liara_Amagi » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:15 am

Liara and Byakko came back in the bar. He yawned before looking at the two newcomers. He chuffed a bit before shaking his fur showing some sparks come off his fur and could accidentally hit someone.

Shea
Scout
Scout
Class: Paladin

Post by Shea » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:49 pm

The small elf girl struck out like a viper, embracing the oversized cat in a squashing snare of her arms. Though despite the sudden lunge at her person and the overzealous way the starnger held the feline, Pol seemed rather reserved. The disembodied voice that accompanied her usual thoughts was silent, though her body reverberated like a small motor in the girl's arms as she continued to soothingly purr by the humanoid's face.

One of the small bourbon glasses usually housed beneath the bar shuddered with a swathe of purple energy as it appeared suddenly on the surface of the counter. At it's center, small ice crystals began to materialize and build and build upon one another into some rough shape, until a glossy ball the size of a considerable hail stone had formed. The ice ball tinked as it rolled around in the glass, as if spun by a spectral finger, and as it settled, a small square bottle levitated to the bartop from the main drink shelf behind Wes, abruptly unstopping its stopper and tilting just enough to allow the sweet smelling contents to spill over the lip and into the fresh glass. The pink liquid did not splash wayward drops across the counter or sides of the glass despite the height; instead it poured a controlled, steady stream. Once the glass had been filled almost to the edge, it spun unhindered towards the edge of the counter closer to the storeroom door and continued on its trajectory. Before gravity could take it, however, an unseen force held it on the same trajectory as it had been on against the physical surface, and it rounded the corner in a tight line, as though held on a track.

Within the entrance to the storeroom the full glass found a resting place amidst the chaos of items that had spilled previously, setting itself on a newly emptied shelf. With a shimmer of a purple cloud, a small china plate stacked with cookies appeared beside it, small notes of steam rising from them as though very recently baked.

Pol stroked her nose against Mahgedawyn’s wet chin, a thin sandpaper tongue darting out to give a little lick.