Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Saiyan's Pride - Saiyan Saga (IC)

The realms where science and sorcery tend to exist in equal focus. This may also includes settings with only a few major differences from our world such as the existence of the supernatural. Examples: The Marvel Universe, Vampire the Masquerade, Supernatural (Series)

Moderators: Darkblade, Georgeanna

Throckmorton
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Mage

Re: Saiyan's Pride - Saiyan Saga (IC)

Post by Throckmorton » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:17 am

aggravated by the simple presence of Kures, Onam raises a single eyebrow at her and says* "that seems to be a problem plaguing many sayins" before continuing maintenance on the ship

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Paladin

Post by Ninmast » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:54 am

As Onam turned to head back into the ship, he would find an obstacle immediately in the path of his face that hadn't been there an instant previous. Two obstacles, in fact, given how standing a step up the ramp placed Sakuranbo relative to him.

"Oh, so you've already learned so much about Saiyans, have you?" the blonde saiyaness inquired of him with mock fascination as she leaned in. "You must really be wasting your talents in engineering if you are so skilled in social psychology to have so completely figured out an entire alien species from mere observation! Why rush off? You should regale us dullards with more of your enlightened insights!"

Throckmorton
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Throckmorton » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:39 am

*aggravated further by the saiyin's obnoxious tone, Onam plasters a smile upon his face looking up towards the blonde saiyan.* " you are correct of of course, i am so very sorry for being as presumptuous as i was, now if you would please allow me to pass i am sure we can put this whole thing behind us."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:52 pm

"I mean, since you said please," she replied, maintaining her sarcastic tone of being impressed with him, and she stepped aside, motioning him to go on by. But just as he walked by her, she added, "Oh, and you might want to lose the attitude. We are going to be locked up in a metal sphere together for the entire trip. No sense in making yourself miserable because you couldn't treat other sapients cordially."

Kindredtown
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Warrior

Post by Kindredtown » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:22 pm

Taroga appeared behind Onam as Sakuranbo gave him a piece of advice. "She's right. Although... Now that I think about it I could use a new punching bag. Namori doesn't make that 'Ow' sound that we Saiyans love when I hit him." He had a wicked smile on his face but honestly just felt joy in teasing the guy. He started to understand why his sister enjoyed toying with the locals.

Namori stood back and watched all of this unfold. He wasn't worried about the two giving Bulma's assistant a hard time. He knew if they pushed it too far she would've taken care of it herself. He also didn't seem to be a normal human. Just from sensing him he could tell that he was stronger than he used to be. Where had Bulma been hiding him all of this time?
Sometimes the lines get blurred. Sometimes the only thing between you and them is the mask and cape.

Thanks to the Kiry for this Epic Set

Throckmorton
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Throckmorton » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:08 am

*with one eye twitching and a black vein throbbing in his forehead, he shoulders past the blond saiyan muttering something as he stalks down the halls of the ship, unworried of the saiyan's threats, knowing that he was valuable to the crew, and that, if push came to shove, he could take out both of these assholes himself*

Darkblade
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

Post by Darkblade » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:00 pm

Kures/Khol
Seems Onam wasn’t the sort to play well with others, that was their problem of course. But they would be stuck in this vessel till they got to Namek, and back, so it was likely to become a problem for her as well. Considering how quickly Taroga decided to start talking about punching bags, her eyes began to roll.

“And people say I have a problem with playing nice with others.”

“Well the first thing you did when we met was try and fight me, and we’re family.”

Khol just had to jump in, as it looked like he was likely to be the one relied on to provide some sort of firm hand. He was the King after all, but then not like this lot would ever exactly see him that way. Heck, he didn’t really see it either, but then the whole idea had been dreamt up to prevent the invasion. He’d get more comfortable with that he suspected once he’d let the novelty wear off, and settled the debts he owed those that fell.

“I was under orders, and you didn’t exactly seem displeased at the time.”

“Well I hadn’t fought a saiyan before, so far I’ve been disappointed though. But I’m sure we can solve that, with a proper training regime.”

Kures’ face sank, her brother’s notion of training was a tad extreme. The results she couldn’t deny, but it was soo frustrating, and painful. Even Nappa might pale at the notions Khol had in mind, and Nappa wasn’t happy till you broke a rib. He didn’t seem to mind whose ribs they were, but that was Nappa for you.

“I prefer my tail not getting ripped off, thank you very much.”

“Not my fault you hadn’t trained your tail before, how did you guys even survive without training it is the part that has me stumped.”

Indeed Khol found the notion hilarious, did saiyan’s under Vegeta consider having such an easy to exploit weakness within arms reach some sort of badge of honor? Silly notion, a warrior trains till they overcome their weaknesses, how else could one surpass their previous limits?

“Taroga, Sakuranbo, have either of you trained your tails? If not, I’m sure the trip to Namek would give us plenty of time to fix that oversight in your training.”

Kures blanched, thankful she’d already suffered that indignity. Though at some level did revel in the notion that her comrades would be the one’s who’d be face planting over and over as they come to terms with the pain of what Khol called training.

“Kures can even show you how it’s done, and it’ll pass the time.”

Khol had noted his sister’s suppressed glee, he hadn’t been around her as much as her adoptive family. But he had picked up pretty quickly his sister’s bad habits, probably cause it reminded him so much of Persi. Also Bulma for that matter, maybe it was a female thing, or he just happened to be acquainted with people with that habit.

“Why thank you brother, thank you ever so much.”

Sarcasm dripped from every word, as Kures wanted to never again even think about that portion of her training. Never mind demonstrate it, her tail involuntarily flinched at the notion. She noted Khol’s attention had wondered again, as he was watching the assistant of Bulma again. Even she might worry about what her big brother had planned for the fellow, especially if he felt bored enough to train them. Though she told herself, at least he doesn’t have a tail.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:50 am

Sakuranbo's ears twitched when she picked up Onam's words, and had begun to move. She'd intended to let the human try. Against her, of course. Taroga might get a little wild, while she could keep herself at just standing there and letting the human vent and then take him out of the fight as harmlessly as possible. A bit of an opportunity for him to blow off steam and a chance to see where he stood would have done the human, and by extension, the entire trip, a world of good.

Khol decided to butt in, however, no doubt trying to defuse the situation. The man had no trust in her ability to do so, apparently. Sure, she teased, but she saw herself as one of the more stable saiyans. Maybe even more stable than him, she didn't go around beating up her siblings, after all. But she understood the perspective likely behind it. He'd had very little to do with any of the Saiyans besides Kures and Commander Raditz, so to a degree, they were probably still the invaders to him. Heck, she personally had killed one of his allies and had allowed herself to be distracted, letting another one die against Prince Vegeta. Not to mention she'd been the most milquetoast about the rebellion of any of the forward team. Yeah, not a lot of reasons to put much faith in her. Well, there would be plenty of time to show how level headed and reasonable she was while locked in a ship together.

She reflexively wrapped her tail around the waist of her gi as he asked if she'd been training it. "Some," she answered, which was true. She'd gotten it beaten on a lot in sparring with the turtle hermit, and it seemed like most of the earth warriors now knew about it. She'd like to think she was getting better at it. "But the elites use a training method they don't share with the lower ranks, so I couldn't say how efficient I've been at it. That's probably something you should have asked Kakarotto about before now, he'd have trained in it."

She glanced back toward Onam and called after him. "Hey, speaking of training, we're probably going to be doing a lot of it on this trip, so if you ever feel like putting your money where your mouth is, come around and say hello!"

Throckmorton
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Throckmorton » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:14 am

Knowing that he was not nearly in the right head-space to do maintenance (he would most likely break something) and that there was far to great a chance that that it would bring him in to-close proximity to those babbling idiots, he instead went off toward the training room to blow off some steam.

Kindredtown
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Kindredtown » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:13 am

Taroga

Taroga could hear Onam mutter something, but couldn't quite make out what it was. He chose to ignore it and shook his head to the others. "That guy's no fun. It's going to be a loooong trip." He watched the interaction between Khol and Kures. If you hadn't known them you wouldn't be able to tell that they only recently found each other. They had the whole sibling jest down to a science. It reminded him of how he and Sakuranbo were with each other. It seemed that they may have competition for the universe's best sibling duo.

Taroga's ears perked up when he heard Khol say that he had been disappointed from fighting Saiyans. His words caused him to remember how much of an anomaly the man was. Did his source of power come from his training on the planet that he was exiled to or was he simply just a naturally gifted being? Their close proximity and training on this ship could shed some light on the subject. He was going to give their new king the fight that he wanted.

When Khol asked if he had trained the weakness of his tail he looked down at it and responded. "Somewhat. Raditz and I touched on the subject during our training after we went Great Ape."

Namori

Namori didn't have a tail so this was some training that he'd gladly take a step back from. The way Kures talked and how Sakuranbo guarded her tail it seemed more like something akin to torture. It was strange though. With a glaring and obvious weakness like that you'd think their species would evolve past the need for tails or at least train the weakness for all from the start.

He had in mind another form of training while they did theirs. His latest technique had proven to be successful in both combat and practical warfare. It was time to take things a step forward and create another technique on their way to Namek. It was simple yet had the potential to be powerful and with all of the time they had until they were to get to their destination he was sure that he could finish it in record timing.
Sometimes the lines get blurred. Sometimes the only thing between you and them is the mask and cape.

Darkblade
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

Post by Darkblade » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:47 am

Khol
“I see, at least it’ll put you on equal footing by the time I’m done.”

He looked at his Earthling companions, they would be his biggest worry. They weren’t use to what lay beyond their world, though Yuki had at least seen the afterlife and grown from the experience. But still, he might need to break them in gently for what he had in mind. The fact Bulma was able to make it the way he wanted to, that was the surprise he relished most. Guess once you figure out how to recreated alien technology, one has a bit of a leg up on expanding upon a concept or two.

“I asked Bulma to make a little treat, training gets a bit tedious without a challenge after all.”

It might even be enough to challenge himself, as he was finding that to be a bit irksome. King Vegeta for all their bluster and cheating, was very disappointing. Especially for one who wanted to court legends, perhaps that was his lot in life, to be disappointed. However he held out hope, for if he could grow this strong, so could anyone if they put the effort in. They just needed the right environment, and something to strive for. He had legends, other’s had rivals, some had vengeance, a couple even had him filling up at least two of those brackets.

“Come along, I had a sneak peak at the training area. After all we had to be sure it could withstand a certain amount of punishment, unless we wanted to try hitchhiking to Namek.”

Leading them to the training room, he noted that Onam had decided to not continue their preparations for launching the vessel. Seemed they would need to work on their emotional control, if a few remarks were enough to push important things from their thoughts. In any case if they felt they felt this training area was a place to dwell, he might as well see just how much a warrior they were. If nothing else it would give him something else to do, this trip was likely to be boring after all.

“I see you’ve decided to train, well I suppose it’s what the room is for after all. Bulma though might be a bit miffed with me, assuming I’ve taken her assistant.”

As if summoned by his words, the intercom crackled into life.

“Khol! I’m ready to begin launch sequence. Assuming you lot aren’t busy breaking my ship already!”

Khol shrugged, whether she had cameras here or not to see him didn’t cross his own mind.

“Then launch away, if this lot can’t manage to stay standing from such a little jolt, we might as well leave them behind.”

She didn’t reply, but apparently took it as permission to hit the big red button so to speak. After all her curiosity was probably as great as Kakarotto’s desire for a fight, as the engine roared to life and the entire vessel shook as it punched it’s way through the sky. Khol felt the strain of the g force and chuckled, not even going rigid to fight the pull of gravity. They were on their way to Namek, now all he had to do was distract himself till they got there.

Kures
She wasn’t as enthusiastic as Khol was about the notion of another training session, well considering it was her who always ended up in the dirt not surprising. Maybe she should’ve stayed with her adoptive family, but then this was an opportunity to give a little back when it came to the debt she had. Piccolo needed her help, so she’d have to go through whatever new hell Khol’s mind had created as a treat for training.

Onam was training, which was a bit of a weird notion. Wasn’t he like Bulma? A tech person, without any real need to fight? Well that just meant he’d get himself into even more spats, as if there is one thing a saiyan can’t overlook, it’s a fellow fighter. Weak or strong, they notion of not having a fight with another fighter was alien to them. Which one would pester him the most was the real question, well not really, it was obviously going to be Khol. He was going to be the one to pester the entire lot of them, with his brand of training.

She went completely rigid was the vessel took off without as much as a warning, though her eyes were on her brother. Couldn’t he ever react like a normal person? True it wasn’t exactly like a saiyan had much to fear from Earth escape velocity levels of g force. Planet Vegeta had ten times the gravity of Earth, but still, the sudden jolt wasn’t exactly a welcome sensation. Considering they weren’t ready for it, nor seated like they normally would be. And here he was acting like nothing had happened to interrupt his thoughts on training.

“How about a little warning next time?”

She said to no one in particular, considering she couldn’t see Bulma to say it to her. That and her brother wasn’t likely to care anyway, another reason to grow stronger. So she could make him do something other than chuckle at things, as it was very annoying. Seeing him taking nothing serious, when they were treating things as life and death. Where did he pick up such habits? The Terrans seemed awfully reserved people, not prone to laughter, but here he was acting like everything was a joke.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 am

Sakuranbo planted her legs and endured the ignition just fine, but then one might have thought her jaw dropped in the launch Gs as the ice princess calmly walked past her like the artificial gravity of escape velocity wasn't even important enough to warrant standing in place.

"Khol," Yuki inquired as if this was the ideal time for a chat and to finish the tour, "you seemed very excited for this training room. Is there anything particularly special about it beyond it being expected to stand up to our training? I have facilities back home that could have met such low qualifications."

Throckmorton
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Throckmorton » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:11 am

"yeah well i dident come here to train with you." Onam said, looking at the saiyn's bitch-ass smug expression, somewhat jostled by the takeoff but otherwise indifferent, before turning away and focusing, gathering a hollow shell made of a strange energy. Onam thrusts his hands then forward, however, rather than the desired effect, the shell shatters into shards, which quickly fade away. "GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, HOW HARD CAN IT BE?"

Kindredtown
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Kindredtown » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:26 am

Taroga

Taroga followed the others to the training room and noticed that the newcomer Onam was there. He seemed to be of dual nature as well. Someone that had a love for both science and training. Maybe he'd be a suitable punching bag after all. His attitude was just enough to push him to an annoyance. But for the moment he opted to ignore him.

Despite being fairly familiar with the change in gravity upon launch in a spacecraft he took Khol's words as a personal challenge. It was still one of his flaws, but it was also how he got motivated about things. This tail training was one of those things. This was going to be how he'd close the gap between him and the others. When the ship took off he remained firm on his feet. He spent his entire life traveling in confined pods and the Saiyan ships. This was nothing.

He watched as Onam miserably failed at whatever it was that he was attempting. Maybe he wouldn't have been a worthy punching bag after all. Taroga showed a look of disappointment before turning his head back to the others.

Namori

Namori was honestly excited to get to the training room. He couldn't believe that he was going to be training in space. How many humans could say that they've done that? Saiyans were surely used to it since they've been traveling through space all of their lives but this was new territory for him. He remembered a time when he only knew Piccolo to be a demon. Then came the revelation that both he and Kami were of an alien race called Namekians and Khol was revealed to be a Saiyan. And then more invaded.

When they finally launched he shook in ecstasy though others may have mistaken it for him not be ready when they took off. He calmed down when he noticed Bulma's assistant having some difficulty with what looked to be a technique. "How hard can what be?"

Throckmorton
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Throckmorton » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:52 am

*Onam punches the wall, his hair raising up and a clear blue aura flickering, for just a moment, around his skin* "this....god damn ki bullshit"

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:38 pm

Sakuranbo frowned at that outburst, and simply raised one hand out toward a far wall. She was careful to leave the energy low so that she wouldn't harm anything, but easily just tossed an orb out that splashed against the wall. "You mean that bullshit? Rookie. How are you any good at any combat without knowing basics every toddler knows?"

Throckmorton
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Throckmorton » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:06 pm

*Onam turned towards sakuranbo, his hair raising up as his forehead breaks out in black lines, that blue aura appearing around him again, enraged by the blow to his ego* “OH YOU WANNA GO?”

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:49 pm

At that, the blonde saiyaness broke into a grin. "Sure, I'm the one least likely to kill you, anyway." She glanced first to her brother and then to Khol. "Deliberately or accidentally." Honestly, either one was liable to cause at least grievous harm accidentally, and the temper of her brother and this human were too much alike, not enough self control. She wasn't saying it would happen, but it would be far too easily for one to push the other over the edge, then someone would say something across a line too far, and they'd have Human all over the interior of their new ship. And Khol was just a giant kid who only seemed to know his own strength. He'd probably stop short of actually killing the guy, but he'd almost certainly put him in bed for the whole trip.

She took a few steps away from the others and slipped into her familiar combat stance, unchanged despite the Turtle Hermit cheongsam gi she wore instead of her Saiyan armor. "Go ahead, I'll be sporting and let you have the first shot before I knock you back to the Engineering Bay."
Sakuranbo: Braced Defense (30,400)
Stamina: 76,000/76,000

Throckmorton
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Throckmorton » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:17 pm

“Well, let’s test the waters a bit”Onam raises his hand towards the sayin, a malicious grin spreading across his face, the black veins on his forehead pulsing violently as a powerfulw wave of energy sweeps downwards on the insufferable idiot.
stamina 41,400 /45,000
Kinetic crusher: cost 3600 damage 2800

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:03 pm

Sakuranbo felt the pressure coming down on her, but it barely gave her pause, and she smiled sweetly in response. "Dear boy, that's a downward breeze, not an attack." She held her hand forward and concentrated, gripping her wrist as she did so, and a ball of light sparking with pink lightning formed above her palm. "Here, let me show you how to attack with some creativity! With my combo technique, Spirit Ball Crush!"

She hurled it toward him, but just when one would think it would hit, it sailed past him over his left shoulder. But the smile hadn't left her face, and with a motion of her hand, the ball shot back to slam for his exposed back.
Sakuranbo:
-2,800 (Damage suffered - Kinetic Crusher)
-1,520 (Attack - Spirit Ball Crush (11,400 PL, cannot be braced against, paralyzes target if it does damage))
Stamina: 71,680/76,000
Last edited by Ninmast on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.