Happy New Year, Collectivities!
Wishing you all a wonderful 2019!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Saiyan's Pride - Saiyan Saga (IC)

The realms where science and sorcery tend to exist in equal focus. This may also includes settings with only a few major differences from our world such as the existence of the supernatural. Examples: The Marvel Universe, Vampire the Masquerade, Supernatural (Series)

Moderators: Darkblade, Georgeanna

Kindredtown
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Warrior

Re: Saiyan's Pride - Saiyan Saga (IC)

Post by Kindredtown » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:58 pm

Namori

Namori glanced at Yuki after her response. "I wouldn't say that was the only oddity." He sighed as he looked at the crowd of Saiyans. She didn't seem to want to admit that this was a bit difficult for her. "I'm sorry that I wasn't there to help you when you died. But you seem to have benefited in death. That must've been why you didn't want to come back." He was curious about the power she acquired while dead. He wasn't even aware that you could train. Just what kind of training would one go through in the afterlife to reach that kind of power in one year? Namori wondered how strong other warriors were up there that had been there for years or centuries. He didn't plan on dying to find out though.

He hadn't gotten the chance to see her fight but he felt her fight from the ocean. She inspired him to keep moving forward. He was going to break past his limits. He couldn't fail the Earth. He couldn't fail his friends. With the Dragon Balls gone they couldn't afford for him to.

Taroga

When the feast began Taroga stood close to the center and looked around the area. He had been eating on the leg of a severely overgrown Turkey. He held it with his left hand and held it as if he might've needed to backhand something or someone with it. He noticed the loud and annoying scientist. She was busy yelling at Khol and Kakarotto. He didn't understand what she had against him, but he didn't really care either. He decided he might talk to her later. The only good thing about her was her technology.

He continued to look around and eventually found who he was looking for. The old man was staring at a group of Saiyan women with a drip of blood falling from his right nostril. Taroga decided to intervene before he got himself killed. He walked in front of him and said, "Hello, master."

Roshi tried to move his head around Taroga, but it was to no avail. "Move boy. You're blocking the view."

"I'm saving your life, but that's not the real reason why I'm here." Taroga responded.

"You wanted to show me that you're still alive? Congratulations. Now move."

"No. I'm here to ask if you'd allow me to continue to train under you and stay with you while I do so. The only Saiyans that I care for are my sister and the Commander. I can't live with the others."

Roshi stopped trying to see around him and looked up at the boy. He could see a change in him and decided he could take advantage of that. "I'll continue to train you if you get me a pair of your sister's pan----."

Before he could get the rest of the word out Taroga punched him in the face with his right face. He didn't intend to waste his turkey leg here. Roshi felt the punch, but didn't move back from the impact. More blood dripped from his nose, but he was fine. It was more from the thought he previously had in his mind.

"That was for Sakuranbo."

"Maybe you haven't changed at all.", Roshi said as he continued to stare up at Taroga. "But I'll train you. I still don't like you. Probably never will. But Sakuranbo sees something in you and honestly she's the best student I've ever had. I doubt you'll be as good as her, but you'll be something."
Sometimes the lines get blurred. Sometimes the only thing between you and them is the mask and cape.

Thanks to the Kiry for this Epic Set

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Paladin

Post by Ninmast » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:53 pm

Namori & Yuki

"Everything dies, Namori," Yuki countered him calmly, though her eyes never left the Saiyan crowds. "You had your own battles to fight, and I did not require you to fight mine. The webs of fate and the flowing river of time each have their own ends that even the gods cannot alter, and comprehending their designs is far beyond the scope of mortal perception. Perhaps a near lifetime of simple access to artifacts like the Dragon Balls has conditioned you to take second chances for granted, instead of simply being thankful for them. My death allowed us to overcome the Saiyan invasion with far fewer losses than we could have suffered. To be grateful that the schemes of men and gods aligned today is wisdom. To expect it, hubris."

She pushed herself from the wall and began to move forward. "Now, if you shall excuse me, while a senzu bean may make it unnecessary to eat, I believe I shall express my gratitude to fate by seeing if Bulma brought any ice cream."

Taroga & Roshi

"Somebody talking about me? My ears are burning!" Sakuranbo poked her head into the middle of the exchange between her brother and her master, and her face lit up in a smile. "Master Roshi! You made it! When did you get here?"

"Ehehehe!" the old man laughed, rubbing his finger across his moustache underneath his nose. "If I've learned anything about Saiyans over the past year, it's that they like to run around in underwear, and their women are all sexy instead of hulking muscle growth fantasies like their men! So of course, as soon as the fighting settled down, I had to head over and see it for myself!"

Kindredtown
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Warrior

Post by Kindredtown » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:41 am

Namori

Namori didn't move to continue the conversation and let Yuki go in her search of ice cream. He knew she was right with everything that she said even if it was rather drawn out and complicated way of saying that things happen for a reason and we can't do anything to change that. The Dragon Balls made them take a lot for granted. He started to wonder if they were the reason he slacked a bit in his training. He knew he had the potential to be stronger, but was he subconsciously holding back in his effort? If that was the case then he knew it was time for that to stop. The Dragon Balls were a crutch that they could no longer use. That he could no longer use. Not having Kami was worse though. He was his master and without him Namori felt even more lost.

He walked around the feast and continued to think about the ones that they lost. He didn't hold it against the Saiyans. He and the others already welcomed the initial attacking force. It wouldn't make sense to deny the others the chance of being welcomed. It wasn't like he could anyway. Khol was their new King so it meant they were staying for good. Namori would be lying if he said he wasn't at least intrigued to see how things were going to be from here on out. The Earth was going to have a solid defense force, but that same force was going to make it a target. The Saiyans made numerous enemies throughout the stars and one was strong enough to force them on the run for so long. How long did they have before that threat came knocking?

He found himself wishing that Piccolo was here. He may have acted like he was focused primarily on world domination, but he was a fighter at heart. He would've loved the challenge of facing someone even the Saiyans couldn't beat. But if Namori was being completely honest he selfishly still wanted his rematch with the heir to the Demon King.

Sakuranbo & Roshi

Taroga was already starting to second guess his decision to stay with the old man. He looked at his sister with a clear look of confusion drawn across his face. "How do you let him talk like that around you?"
Sometimes the lines get blurred. Sometimes the only thing between you and them is the mask and cape.

Thanks to the Kiry for this Epic Set

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Sakuranbo had thought the old man's explanation of why he had shown up to be fairly tame, and blinked at her brother in confusion. "Well, he's not objectively wrong, our combat armor does bare a lot more skin than their gis, and there's some pretty big size differences between our genders while theirs are a lot closer in size. I mean, just put General Nappa, or even Commander Raditz next to, say, Boshi from Team Sixteen." Boshi was a tiny thing of a female Saiyan, but her feisty temperament and mid-tier power level meant that any who underestimated her stature were in for an explosive surprise. Next to even the relatively small (for a male Saiyan) Raditz, however, she was dwarfed by his towering, overly muscular form, and a giant like Nappa might as well have been a mountain. Comparatively speaking, human males like Namori or Yamcha were only a little bigger than female human warriors.

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Mage

Post by Madrigal » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:45 pm

Natsumi had followed after the Saiyans, remaining fairly silent around them at first. Though they had helped her save the Earth--and with it everything she knew and loved--she didn't feel quite as if she could trust them yet. They had trained, fought and shed blood together however, so she would treat them courteously and with respect.

As the feast started, Natsumi was slow to begin. Her grand love in life was her Corey. Her second love was martial arts. Her third was cooking, baking in particular. Yet she had never quite had the same love for eating her food that she had for making it. The fight however had left her famished, drained of energy. After a valiant effort to seem polite and well mannered (which was completely lost on the ravenous warriors) Natsumi eagerly joined in, hunger overcoming her reserved demeanor. With an energy that matched the extra-terrestrials across the table, she tore into her first real meal in months. Four bowls of rice, three plates of meat and vegetables. The better to fuel her muscles and keep her strong.

It was only when she lay aside the last plate that she decided to mingle. Sheepishly setting aside her platters, she rose, roaming over to the dessert table. It was against her personal policy to indulge in something as decadent as a dessert. These were filled with sugars, with little potential for energy save in the short term. Even then, fruits and vegetables were the better option. She did allow herself something after a major accomplishment though. A hard won victory at the annual martial arts tournament, typically. This felt as if it qualified. Her eyes roamed over each of the items, doing her best to shake off the prospect of indulgence. Indulgence was weakness after all. Even if the array before her made her mouth water. After a few moments, she chose the healthiest looking option. An extravagant and fruity parfait. She considered returning to her seat and the strangers around her, when something caught her eye. Or rather someone. The strange girl from before--Yuki--was walking towards the table, clearly seeking the same treats Natsumi had considered. Holding the frosty glass in one hand, she gave Yuki a nod of acknowledgement. Then a smile.

"I see you were hungry for something sweet as well, Yuki."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:01 pm

"Ah." The princess' face searched Natsumi's for half a heartbeat before the girl's name came to her. "Natsumi, yes? Indeed. I was just saying to Namori what wonderful things senzu beans are, making eating unnecessary, but after it all, the stomach remains empty, does it not?"

Yuki moved toward the bar and looked it over, already knowing generally what she wanted and merely trying to locate it. "As unusual as it may seem for hailing from the Frozen Lands, I had never consumed ice cream until I left them. As such, it is quite a cherished exotic to me. Oh!" She spotted the bins of ice cream and stepped over ... but then stopped, the expression on her face one of complete blank bewilderment.

Before her were two and a half dozen flavors of ice cream in massive buckets, and her sheltered mind had no idea how to process that many choices.

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Natsumi had always been somewhat pragmatic. Perhaps a little more than would be good for her. Her clothes had always been utilitarian, her needs simple. Despite her love for cooking, during her more serious training sessions weeks would go by where she didn't eat anything more complicated than bread and lettuce. She hadn't even considered finding a boyfriend until her Junior year in high school. Until Corey changed her world. So it took a few moments for the confused look on the frozen princess's face to register with her.

Natsumi looked closely at her. Then flitted her eyes to the side, to where she was looking. Then back to Yuki. She wasn't sure what exactly enlightened her about Yuki's confusion. But she managed to give her a reassuring smile, before pointing to one of the green tubs. "Try Pistachio. Its my favorite."

Out of the five or so she had ever bothered to try.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:08 pm

"Pi-sta-shi-o," the princess repeated. It would make sense that a desert nut wouldn't exactly be something grown in a place called the Frozen Lands, but she'd apparently still at least heard of it. "That is a ... nut, correct?" she asked as she moved toward the suggestion and began working the scoop. "What an odd choice to base an entire flavor around."

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:26 am

Natsumi gave a non-committal shrug. She may have been what her friends called a 'foody'. But her expertise was in making food. Not in tasting factory made imitations. She supposed ice cream was as alien to her as pistachios were to Yuki.

"I honestly hadn't thought about it. But they've all kinds of flavors at the Sweet Shop in town. Some are simple, like Vanilla or Strawberry. My friend Makoto's brothers though prefer more...interesting flavors. Birthday Cake, Death by Chocolate, Superman. Don't know what that one's all about."

She paused, sliding her spoon into the glass before taking up a modest amount of ice cream within. She brought it up to her mouth, and slipped it between her smooth lips. The spoon emerged again, as her face twisted and contorted into an expression alien to her companions. An effeminate smile of pure joy. Her eyes shut tight, as a sigh of satisfaction slipped from her. "Mmm--this is so good! Its been years since I've had a parfait."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:31 am

Yuki had given herself a modest serving of the green ice cream, but raised her head at Natsumi's proclamation and came over tilting her head. "What's a parfait?"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:55 am

Natsumi didn't bother answering verbally. Instead her spoon vanished into her glass, scooping up a mix of yogurt, granola, cream and fruit. The mixture, perfectly balanced on the utensil, emerged from inside the glass, before it extended to Yuki.

"Say 'ahh'."