Let the GAMES begin!

Olympic Contest Results - Going live over the course of the week!

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Results are now up!

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[IC] Nick's Bar [Tavern RP - Always Open]

The realms where science and sorcery tend to exist in equal focus. This may also includes settings with only a few major differences from our world such as the existence of the supernatural. Examples: The Marvel Universe, Vampire the Masquerade, Supernatural (Series)

Moderators: Ares [Darkblade], Athena [Georgeanna]

Trekwars
Scout
Scout
Class: Mage

Re: [IC] Nick's Bar [Tavern RP - Always Open]

Post by Trekwars » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:26 am

Isaac, caught up with the sudden appearance of new faces, ignored what the man had asked him about the drink. He took a seat at the table he had placed his cloak on top of, settling himself nicely in his chair. Before resting his rear on the seat, however, he had slipped off his sword and had hung it on the chair, the handle swinging slightly as it rests there. Isaac then trying not to look out of place or awkward would look down at the watch sitting on his wrist, checking the power levels.

-00.35.46-

34% huh, I have just enough for another jump if need be. Isaac would lower his watch, looking back across the bar taking a deep breath. What's the point of coming here if I am not going to order anything?

Isaac would stand up from his table and walk towards the bar, listening in on the conversation being had while not trying to be too obvious (Even though it is most obvious that he is staring and listening in on their conversation). Isaac would then place himself down on a barstool close but not too close to the group that had been formed near the bar. Whatever you are doing Isaac you better do it right.....
Thanks to Forge for the Signature text, Wad for the Avatar, and Georgie for the creative idea.

Shea
Scout
Scout
Class: Paladin

Post by Shea » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Nicodemus wrote:"Alright," he said to both Willow and Morgan, "scratch my first question. What the heck does mark mean, and why don't they last."
”Sammy” wrote:"Oh leave the poor Sapling alone, Morgan," with a sigh that caused her various foliage to shake, the Nymph returned to a sitting position and then, upon noticing the bar filling up, slipped onto the bar stool that Wes had just vacated. Willow pouted for just a moment before turning her large green eyes on Roggi. "She is just trying to ruffle your leaves, Sapling. Willow isn't dangerous, am I, Roggi?" She absently traced shapes on the bar top with a forlorn expression. "Tend, grow, protect," the Nymph looked back at Wes with a smile, "And I like to hear people's stories."
"Who’s the scrub, anyway?” she butted in abruptly, an open query to no one in particular. There were many regular patrons who Wes would need to grow accustomed to if he was going to not only survive but thrive, and Morgan had missed his original appearance due to an unexpected toss in with a greasy troll too late on his dues.
”Forge” wrote:"Willow's Willow. 'Bout as dangerous as an actual tree, 'cept better to talk to, 'less you're planning to do wrong by her." He gave the boy a glare that told him exactly what he thought of that potential course of action, then snorted, and thumped his bottle down on the bar so hard the bottles along the back rattled. "And Morgan's mostly a pain in the arse, and that layabout --" Roggi gestured to where Ryan was sprawled on the furniture. "-- is less dangerous than the cat. And I'm a sodding elf." He finished by aggressively pointing at his own pointed ear, good eye fixed on Wes.
The bob-headed human female guffawed over the bar in near-hysterics, and downed the remainder of her drink so suddenly she must have seen stars. Bouts of chuckling continued to roll her shoulders as she leaned back and swallowed the last legs she could scrounge from the bottom of the tumbler, leaving little more than a clear line of syrup in her destruction. Receiving exactly the responses she expected must have worked wonders on her dour mood, and she leaned into her arms on the bar content in her quest to ruffle feathers all about the nest before the first drink was demolished. She knocked the bar top with the glass twice.
”Forge” wrote:"And yer safe here. Pit, boy; Nick might be a shitty teacher, but he ain't going to leave you to get ate or anythin'!" Roggi sat back aggressively, rattling the beer taps as he did. "Got to stop being so damn yellow all the time, boy," he finished with a nod, before promptly descending into his drink again.
A calm, ethereal voice resonated in the minds of the patrons yet again as the familiar feline made herself known, her fluffed haunches being delicately primed as she sat grooming herself by one of Ryan’s sprawled legs.

Patience, Roggi, the boy is learning. And this is Wes, m’hava, Nick’s newest employee and protégé, she added, with a pointed stare at the woman, before the cat returned to it's gradual cleaning. Morgan humphed in response, glancing at the bar’s newest face who had taken a seat by her side, and winked.

"Hey, smallfry."

Welcome, said the voice also, in a frequency only Isaac could hear. What can I get for you?

Palacia
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Vampire

Post by Palacia » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Forge wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:16 am
Roggi let out a long, world-weary sigh at the appearance of another person, on the pool table this time. He wasn't even sure why Nick opened this place up to others. There was booze here, and it was warm, and comfortable; why spoil that with all this bleating.

"Ain't here," the elf bellowed, taking another swig from his bottle, before narrowing his eyes at the newcomer. "Dunno where he's got to. Don't care. Get off my table."
“ Hold on, lemme just, “ Ryan rolled off the pooltable, somehow avoiding the cat, and crashed to the ground with a dull thud. He gingerly repositioned his arms, pushed off the ground, slowly standing up. He yawned, stretched his body out a bit. Walked over and took seat near Roggi. He swung his head, angling slightly, made eye contact with Roggi. Lines of hurt etched into his face, his eyes softening, chin quivered, he spoke quietly and passionately, “ What! You don’t care!? How could you Roggi, after all these years of knowing me? You don’t care? I’m hurt. . . Old Friend,” his voice cracking slightly.
Image All credit to Forge, amazing work

Trekwars
Scout
Scout
Class: Mage

Post by Trekwars » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:59 am

Shea wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:38 pm
Morgan humphed in response, glancing at the bar’s newest face who had taken a seat by her side, and winked.

"Hey, smallfry."

Welcome, said the voice also, in a frequency only Isaac could hear. What can I get for you?
Almost as soon as Isaac sat down he heard the woman say "Smallfry". Isaac turned his head to look at the woman and was about to say something in retaliation to her when suddenly a voice popped into his head. Isaac jumped in fright from hearing the voice in his head, he would quickly look around trying to see where the voice came from. Without finding anyone behind him or near him he would turn back to the woman and ask "Did you hear that? Oh no, I'm not going crazy am I. I mean, I wouldn't be too surprised given everything, but I could have sworn it would have taken at least another ten years!" Taking a deep breath Isaac calms himself, "I am sorry Miss, I suppose I am just a little set on edge." Isaac would settle back down onto the bar stool and try to relax, not wanting to make a big scene out of this.

"I suppose I will ask the question again," This time he is calm with a confident air. "Did you happen to hear a voice just a moment ago?" Before Isaac could ask anything else or explain anything else he became perplexed with the discussion happening just a few seats down the bar.
Thanks to Forge for the Signature text, Wad for the Avatar, and Georgie for the creative idea.

Nicodemus
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by Nicodemus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:03 am

Sammy wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:52 am
"Oh leave the poor Sapling alone, Morgan," with a sigh that caused her various foliage to shake, the Nymph returned to a sitting position and then, upon noticing the bar filling up, slipped onto the bar stool that Wes had just vacated. Willow pouted for just a moment before turning her large green eyes on Roggi. "She is just trying to ruffle your leaves, Sapling. Willow isn't dangerous, am I, Roggi?" She absently traced shapes on the bar top with a forlorn expression. "Tend, grow, protect," the Nymph looked back at Wes with a smile, "And I like to hear people's stories."
Wes hesitated as he was put on the spot, pretending to be distracted by the newcomers and trying to find a reason to be drawn into their conversation, something to excuse him from Willow's eager stare. Nothing seemed to call for his attention--Pol was certainly capable of clearing up Isaac's confusion on her own--and he eventually felt obliged to turn back and face the nymph's expectant smile.

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I'm not that interesting," he said, plucking a spotless glass and nervously cleaning it again. "I'm from down south. Way south. I moved here during high school and that's about it. Nothing amazing has ever happened to me. Well, that is," he waved the glass, his eyes following it around the bar, "until I stumbled across this place. I was almost hit in traffic, just down the street here, but somehow I cratered in the car and just ran, fell through that door and..." he paused and looked at nothing for a moment in thought, "...and Nick took me in. Didn't know me from anything, said he'd help me with ... all this, my potential and such.

"I keep running over things he's told me, that a lot of people have magic. I remember sensing certain people, knowing that there was something to them I couldn't quite see. I keep wondering how different my life would've been if someone had been there to help me figure this out sooner."

He looked back to Willow, suddenly embarrassingly aware of how much she'd gotten him to ramble about himself, and to a creature that was probably eons older and thought him a bumbling child.

"Nick said, when he was telling me about all this, that the world used to be riddled with magic, open to it. Was there a time when you--other types of people, I mean--didn't have to hide?"

Serafim
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Nobility

Post by Serafim » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Nick's Bar.

To look at it it from the outside it didn't seem like much, though to a certain clientele that was the equivalent of a twelve foot neon billboard.

Similarly the tall willowy noirette didn't stand out much either; human enough to pass mundane muster without more than an appreciative glance (or two) that generally missed the unearthly hue to her sapphire-blue eyes. Clad in charcoal slacks and a dark blue vee-necked tee, she made her way to the shabby outside door armed only with a plastic bag, a folded paper and an expression of extreme discontent.

She had found a reference to the bar in a fuelling station bathroom outside Vega. At the time she had been more preoccupied with her appeal to the Boron Court, but finding herself on Earth three years later her feet led her to Manhattan and to the quiet little corner that Nick's called home.

The door creaked as the non-mundane woman entered and took a moment to read the room.
Thank you Forge for your amazing work!

Blox
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Blox » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:16 am

It was a cold night, the kind of cold that stung your skin if you didn't wear the appropriate attire. Thankfully, Baylen knew better and had several layers to keep himself warm. That and it hid his weapons and special items very well. He hadn't been to Nick's Bar before but had been recomended by a drunk acquantence to check it out. He needed a place to rest and refuel and since he was close enough he figured it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

Baylen was a rogue bounty hunter, a wandering nomad always looking for the next opportunity to make money and usually to make enemies. He wasn't looking for trouble per say but his attitude often attracted it. That and if he was after something he didn't let much stand in his way. Although his mother was human, giving him more mortality than many creatures he came across, his dad provided at least some advantage. He could use his powers to aid in his fights and to heal quicker but every time he used his dad's given gifts his mom's genes were sucked dry. Without rest he would crash and burn. It was enough of an edge though to help him get jobs done. That and he didn't play fair.

Unruly dark brown hair sat on his head, framing his scruffy face. Blue eyes given by his mom could only be made more beautiful by the shine that set in when he used his dad's powers.

Baylen stepped in to Nick's bar, his heavy long coat swaying from the wind that helped push him inside. He looked around warily, hand at the ready. He was a wanted man in some areas for his so-called cheating ways as a bounty hunter. He also was hated for his dealings in the black market. There were some things he might not be proud of but at the end of the day he didn't care. He only cared about himself.

Baylen looked around Nick's bar for any familiar faces, welcomed or not. He made his way to the bar top and took a seat on one of the old stools. A jolt caused him to grab the old seat, catching his balance as the old furniture settled. Comfy.

The_Legion_Ex
Olympian
Olympian
Location: In the secret Legion Headquarters of Doom-Inducing Flamboyance
Class: Necromancer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:30 pm

..... A peaceful time I say.

At a peaceful morning/afternoon/evening, a person hidden with his own mask arrived, casually walking as he adjusts his necktie and red business suit. Allowing the wind to brush against him with its cold arms, he brushes his hair to the left with his right hand as his figure gradually reaches the door. He then looks upwards a bit and read the sign in his mind. "Nick's Bar. Sounds like a really fancy place." he said to himself before a slightly effeminate looking man who seems to be of Japanese descent dressed in a formal executive attire runs in a relaxed manner towards the masked person.

"Omega L. Looks like you went ahead of me." said the Japanese man in a calm manner before silently taking a deep breath. " Meditating again while I am walking? You really can't stop that devotion." replied Omega in a slightly sarcastic manner as he then proceeds to open the door and step in, the unaffected Oriental following with him. "Ok. You may deactivate that specialized disguise device provided." said Omega stepping further into Nick's Bar whilst looking back and casually pointing at his companion.

The disguised person then switched off the Disguise Gadget and in a flash, a custom transition involving a very weak torrent winds and sakura petals wrapping around him occurred and covered his form for a few seconds before dissipating and revealing a man clad in a mostly green samurai-like suit, blue decorating the chestpiece, the shoulder plates, and the cuisse and fauld. His crest adorned with gold and valuable gems. With said appearance being noted, it looks like Omega L brought Adamant Gale (the armored man) into the bar as some sort of bodyguard.

The duo then walked towards a pair of vacant seats far left from them and sat very comfortably as they then relaxed and enjoyed the surroundings. They just arrived just to relax after all.
The Ex Legion: A squad of underlings under one mind.

ohlookitsausername
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Rogue

Post by ohlookitsausername » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Ashe walked into Nick's quietly, brushing her auburn hair behind her ears and pulling her black hood over her head as she habitually did whenever entering a room, throwing a shade over her slate-gray eyes and pale, freckled skin. Cringing internally at the boisterous chatter of people talking and new arrivals all around her, she slid into an empty barstool by the corner and asked the nearest bartender for a cup of water. She didn't care that she'd never been here before; she was tired, and hopefully it'd only be for a second.
- one among too many

Darkfeather21
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Darkfeather21 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:08 am

Lucivar stood outside the door for a few minutes, staring at the wall ahead of him. Eventually, someone brushed passed him to get into the bar, knocking him from his stupor. He followed the redhead into the bar, slipping through the door just as it closed behind her. He silently watched her throw a hood over her head, then looked around for a coat room, or something similar, as a place to store his weaponry for the time being. Best not to be armed around people who were drinking.

When he didn't find one, Lucivar removed the sword belt from his waist and instead just walked up to the bar, dropping the swords on the counter as he sat down on a stool. Glancing around, he then proceeded to remove his jacket and unfold his wings from where they poked out of the slits in the back on his shirt. They'd been cooped up in there all day. Too many Mundanes around this town. Couldn't just walk around with them hanging out anymore. Felt good to stretch them.

"Can I get a scotch?" he asked the bartender, throwing a few bills on the counter and smiling the gentle smile of a man who had seen too much but didn't want to share the pain.
Take me out, to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:41 pm

Nicodemus wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:03 am
"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I'm not that interesting," he said, plucking a spotless glass and nervously cleaning it again. "I'm from down south. Way south. I moved here during high school and that's about it. Nothing amazing has ever happened to me. Well, that is," he waved the glass, his eyes following it around the bar, "until I stumbled across this place. I was almost hit in traffic, just down the street here, but somehow I cratered in the car and just ran, fell through that door and..." he paused and looked at nothing for a moment in thought, "...and Nick took me in. Didn't know me from anything, said he'd help me with ... all this, my potential and such.
Willow lent forward on the stool, her chin resting on upraised palms as she hung off his each and every word, eyes alight with keen interest. A look of slight disappointment crossed her features just briefly as the story caught up with the present day and surroundings she was familiar with. It was no worry, though, he was from the South, there would be other tales to be unraveled from the sapling, of that she was quite certain.
"I keep running over things he's told me, that a lot of people have magic. I remember sensing certain people, knowing that there was something to them I couldn't quite see. I keep wondering how different my life would've been if someone had been there to help me figure this out sooner."
"Nick said, when he was telling me about all this, that the world used to be riddled with magic, open to it. Was there a time when you--other types of people, I mean--didn't have to hide?"
The Nymph gazed at Wes for a perhaps slightly uncomfortably long moment, resisting the urge to selfishly press him for further stories. He had given her barely a taste of his life beyond New York and it had done little but whet her appetite. Alas, she had told the sapling that she would assist in tending to him while Nick was away and Willow at least tried to always be true to her word. She tapped a single, long nailed finger against the bar top as she considered his words and then smiled.

"To begin with, Sapling," Willow, in an uncharacteristic moment of self-awareness, seemed to catch the way he tensed at her use of the word. "Wes," she amended, with a hint at a smirk. "You will have to forgive Willow for my..." she trailed off, gesturing vaguely "When you've been around as long as many of us have, you get stuck in certain ways. Willow is better than most of my kind. I like people." She smiled at him intently and then shook her head, setting her fronds to rustling as she realised she'd already taken them on a tangent. "You should not dwell on what could have been, Sapling. In this word, our world, things have a way of working out the way they are meant to. Magic is strange and powerful. Did you think it a coincidence that you discover your power and stumble straight into the domain of a powerful," she paused thoughtfully for a moment, glanced at Roggi and then back at Wes "Warlock?" The Nymph drew her knees up to her chest, a strange sight atop a bar stool, and rested her chin atop them, glowing eyes regarding him carefully. "Your potential was a seed and seeds need certain things before they start to grow - soil, light, water," she paused, glanced around and lowered her voice just a little with a touch of mischief in her eyes "Protection from predators. You found somewhere your potential can grow. Seed to Sapling." The Nymph opened her mouth as though to continue but shook her head faintly instead.

"Silly Willow. You had a question, yes? Magic and the Old World," The Nymph closed her eyes and let out a soft sigh. "Perhaps not the best to answer. Willow... cannot wander far from home but I have collected many stories so I shall try my best. The world gets smaller year by year, Sapling. When Willow was just a sapling, there were far fewer people in it and those people, especially the mundanes, like Willow, could not wander far from home. There was more space, more wild, more places that mundanes had not reached. We had room to be. There were mighty non-mundane kingdoms where people did not need to hide. Not all was separate, though. We crossed paths often with mundanes, still. Most old stories of monsters and magic have some truth in them. You might even meet some of them in here," she smiled, faintly. "Some mundanes even chose to worship us rather than being afraid. But... it has always been that mundanes sew seeds faster than non-mundanes; their numbers grew and grew and they covered more and more of the world. The world became smaller and so too did the wild places we called our own. While we have our magics, the mundanes created their own ways of achieving incredible things and now they move freely from place to place almost as easily as we do. They believe they have mastered all but the most devastating parts of nature and they seek to control even that," she opened sad eyes, her gaze fixed on some vague point over Wes' left shoulder. "We would be seen as a great threat to that superiority and they are many and we are few. So now we hide. For our sake and for theirs."
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Hades [Forge]
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Warrior

Post by Hades [Forge] » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:04 pm

Darkfeather21 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:08 am
"Can I get a scotch?" he asked the bartender, throwing a few bills on the counter and smiling the gentle smile of a man who had seen too much but didn't want to share the pain.

Roggi sighed, as though being asked to tend the bar (and not even asked, really, given that he'd simply taken it upon himself to do so) was the most soul-destroying task in the world. He upended his whisky bottle, pouring a generous measure directly into his mouth before thumping it back against the bar top and shooting a glare at those closest to it, as though daring them to even think about helping themselves. Then he turned and slouched back along the bar, snatching up another bottle seemingly at random as he advanced on Lucivar. The money went into his pocket in one scrunched-together lump; whether this was some existing deal with Nick, or just idleness keeping him from dealing with it appropriately was unclear. The elf thumped a glass down, pouring far more than a standard measure in one long, haphazard movement.
"Scotch," he announced, with a look that made the scarred side of his face twist unsettlingly.

ohlookitsausername wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:51 pm
Cringing internally at the boisterous chatter of people talking and new arrivals all around her, she slid into an empty barstool by the corner and asked the nearest bartender for a cup of water. She didn't care that she'd never been here before; she was tired, and hopefully it'd only be for a second.

For reasons best known to himself, Roggi produced the water with more care and less grumbling than he had the scotch. It might have been that he was sparing the girl some of his wrath, given how unsure she looked, or that he'd spent most of his displeasure on preparing Lucivar's drink. Equally, it might just have been an arbitrary decision that saw her spared the grumpy elf's temper. Whatever the case, he filled her glass with only a vague mutter of complaint and set it in front of her without looking before sloping away again.

The_Legion_Ex wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:30 pm
The duo then walked towards a pair of vacant seats far left from them and sat very comfortably as they then relaxed and enjoyed the surroundings. They just arrived just to relax after all.

Roggi glanced at Omega L and his armoured companion, good eye travelling over the bodyguard in slow appraisal that took in the gilded and bejewelled armour. His eye came back up, lingering on the crest of the helm before drifting down to the bodyguard's face, whereupon he prompty blew a loud and dismissive snort.
"What in the pit are you supposed to be, then?"
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Nicodemus
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Nicodemus » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:13 am

Sammy wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:41 pm
"Perhaps not the best to answer. Willow... cannot wander far from home but I have collected many stories so I shall try my best.
Wes lowered his head, like a timid pet during a realization of wrong-doing. He wasn't special. Willow's stare hadn't been excitedly glued to the boy because of some extraordinary aura surrounding him, or because his powers had exceptional potential. Certainly not because he was a talented bartender. He was new. Simple as that. He was from somewhere Willow hadn't been and presumably couldn't go. He was her vessel to vicariously explore the world the best way she knew how. And here he was, asking her to recite a history that was probably common knowledge to most that came through the bar.

He let her finish--her story was still interesting, if heart-breaking--and opened his mouth to offer a consolation for which he couldn't find the words.
Forge wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:04 pm
Roggi sighed, as though being asked to tend the bar (and not even asked, really, given that he'd simply taken it upon himself to do so) was the most soul-destroying task in the world.
Wes started, visibly shook by the elf's demeanor. The soft-on-the-inside Roggi suddenly regained every ounce of his formidability as Wes realized he'd been slacking on the job, caught up in Willow's story.

He made room for the elf to work, his eyes darting nervously at anything but Roggi, with one glance to the nymph for perhaps sympathy. He couldn't find the courage for a simple "sorry" and dared not mention any bills that didn't make it into the cash tray.

With the drinks served, Wes took a light step back to the bar and the nymph.

"I'm from Louisiana. Know where that is?" He immediately shook his head in apology. Willow had access to maps like anyone else. "Anyway, I think I get it...er, a little bit, at least. Down south--we lived way out of town on the lake--I felt like there was more air to breathe, you know? Sure, the download speeds were slower, but I could walk outside and just...just be." He glanced toward the door and the city through the windows. "Here, everything feels like too much. The noise, the faces, all pushing against you, taking your air." His eyes came back to the bar. "This place scares the hell out of me, but not as much as it should. I mean, a few days ago I would've sworn you couldn't exist. But since I found the bar, everything out there seems...pointless."

Darkfeather21
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Darkfeather21 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:21 am

Forge wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:04 pm

Roggi sighed, as though being asked to tend the bar (and not even asked, really, given that he'd simply taken it upon himself to do so) was the most soul-destroying task in the world. He upended his whisky bottle, pouring a generous measure directly into his mouth before thumping it back against the bar top and shooting a glare at those closest to it, as though daring them to even think about helping themselves. Then he turned and slouched back along the bar, snatching up another bottle seemingly at random as he advanced on Lucivar. The money went into his pocket in one scrunched-together lump; whether this was some existing deal with Nick, or just idleness keeping him from dealing with it appropriately was unclear. The elf thumped a glass down, pouring far more than a standard measure in one long, haphazard movement.
"Scotch," he announced, with a look that made the scarred side of his face twist unsettlingly.
"Yes, I suppose it is," Lucivar replied, looking at the glass with a bit of annoyance. That was quite a bit more than was supposed to be poured, and frankly more than he'd payed for. "Are you normally this aggressive with patrons?" he continued, looking up at the elf's scarred countenance. But said elf had already moved on to the auburn woman who had entered before himself.

Sighing quietly, Lucivar lifted the glass and made a noise that sounded like the wind blowing through the trees. After a moment, the scotch formed a trail that flowed from the glass back into the bottle behind the bar, until it was a far more appropriate amount.

"Better," he nodded, then took a sip and glanced around the bar to the rest of the patrons. An eclectic bunch of what most humans would consider both fantasy and science fiction. Exactly as his sister had told him. Good place to stretch his wings and get a drink.
Take me out, to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 pm

Nicodemus wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:13 am
With the drinks served, Wes took a light step back to the bar and the nymph.

"I'm from Louisiana. Know where that is?" He immediately shook his head in apology. Willow had access to maps like anyone else. "Anyway, I think I get it...er, a little bit, at least. Down south--we lived way out of town on the lake--I felt like there was more air to breathe, you know? Sure, the download speeds were slower, but I could walk outside and just...just be." He glanced toward the door and the city through the windows. "Here, everything feels like too much. The noise, the faces, all pushing against you, taking your air." His eyes came back to the bar. "This place scares the hell out of me, but not as much as it should. I mean, a few days ago I would've sworn you couldn't exist. But since I found the bar, everything out there seems...pointless."
At the first real mention of Wes' past, Willow found herself leaning so far forward on her bar stool that only her balance and dexterity kept her from toppling over. Somewhat composing herself, the nymph unfolded her knees from her chest and adopted something of a more a standard position on the seat, legs swinging gently to and fro as she listened, fighting the urge to bombard the young man with questions until he'd reached a natural stopping point. As desperate as she was to add to her knowledge of the South and, specifically, the state known as Louisiana, Willow had, not twenty minutes earlier, offered to guide Wes as best she could in Nick's absence.

"Why must it seem pointless, Sapling?" She replied, her fronds rustling as she cocked her head to regard him with curiosity. "Just because you see more of this world than you did before, doesn't make what you knew before any less. It's like," she paused, her brow furrowing as she sought an apt comparison. "Seeing a fine Willow does not lessen the appeal of a rose. I mean, certainly the Willow is superior in many ways. It is tall and strong and tough and tenacious," Willow smiled brightly and, for a moment, seemed to have altogether forgotten what it was she was trying to get across until, with a slightly sheepish expression, she continued "But does that make the rose smell less sweet? Certainly not." Apparently unable to sit still for more than a few moments, the Nymph shifted her position once more, crossing her legs beneath herself. "The mundane world has its own wonders, Saplings. Do you know that they use a type of mold to treat disease? And even this bar you think so remarkable has Wifi and Deliveroo... Deliveroo is wonderful."
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Martin the faithful
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Martin the faithful » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:05 pm

Andrew McGregor enters Nick's Bar looking around at the patrons, sizing the people and place up. He then walks over to an empty table, sets his backpack down, and pulls out a college text book and paper. Calculus, he sighs. Then he walks over and orders a double order of french fries and a coke. He puts his money down on the bar. To the untrained eye, you can tell that he is stalling. He makes a point to smile at everyone who makes eye contact with him. He listens intently to hear what conversations are going on. When the fries are done, he takes them and the coke back to the table. He tries to do some of the homework as he gets acclimated to the place.

Hades [Forge]
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Warrior

Post by Hades [Forge] » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:45 am

The door flung itself wide all of a sudden, pitching open at a speed that should have sent it careening into the wall, and would have had its passage not abruptly halted so suddenly you could have sworn it hadn't moved at all. The man who followed a few seconds later - just enough time for everyone to turn away from their drinks and look at the entrance, one might have noted - could not have looked any more out of place among Nick's clientele if he'd tried. The suit was designer, a deep navy and with a better fit than anything that came off of a rack. The tie? Silk, in case you were wondering, and matched with the pocket square in both style and composition. His shoes - let's not even go there. They probably cost more than Roggi's entire wardrobe. The man who wore the clothing was no different; groomed and styled and immaculate in a way that suggested he'd just popped out of the catalogue for an Upper East Side store for a quick drink. He didn't look like he belonged in a dive bar. Frankly, he didn't look like he belonged in the same neighbourhood as Nick's.

Nonetheless, there he was, strolling through the door as though he had nowhere important to be, blue eyes roaming all over the bar's interior and a little almost-smirk of amused interest. In one hand he carried a silver-headed walking cane. Blatantly an affectation, given that he was twirling it over and over in an idle, practiced motion that halted only briefly while he twitched it in the direction of the door, which obliged him by firmly shutting itself again.
"I always forget," he told the room, as though he were hosting some sort of TED talk instead of disrupting people's evening. "How quaint this place is. Very 'man of the people.' There's a certain charm to it." The wizard turned in a slow circle as he talked, returning to face the bar in time for Roggi to hurl a bottle at him overhand. The cane paused in its movement, as did the projectile, moving around him in a lazy arc before setting itself back on the bar. He gave them an amicable smile that only seemed to make the elf's mood blacker, then wagged an admonishing finger. "Be nice, Roggi. I've not come to cause mischief." The wizard shifted his attention along the bar, settling on where Willow and Wes had taken up residence. "And no Nicholas tonight. Off on a shopping trip, I assume? That's a shame."

He closed the remaining distance between himself and the bar, running the fingers of his free hand across the top of a stool and glancing at them almost idly before perching against it, one foot still on the floor in a so-close-to-catalogue pose that you had to wonder whether he did it deliberately. The cane he left standing in front of him, literally, the stick remaining perfectly upright next to the bar despite the lack of anything to hold it up. The wizard kept his attention on Willow and Wes, giving the nymph a warm little flash of perfect white teeth, before leaning sharply to the side until he could see Nick's protege. "Hello, nervous. You'll be the apprentice, then, hm? Be a good man and get me something that was aged in a cask, would you? I'm thirsty, and I'm afraid Roggi doesn't much like me."
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Martin the faithful
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Martin the faithful » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:10 am

Andrew sets his pencil down and watches the game afoot in front of him. He slides his chair back if he needs to dodge or run. He watches the interaction with intest. The bottle was like the light of a laser pointer.

Martin the faithful
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Martin the faithful » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:44 am

With a little self coaxing, he decides that he should go and introduce himself to these folk. They might now someone who might be able to help him learn his craft. So, he walks up to the group, "Um, I am new here and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Andrew, but my friends call me mouse," he says. Then smiles and says, "The bottle trick was amazing."

Nicodemus
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Nicodemus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:04 pm

Wes was musing over a creature such as Willow having a fondness for things such as Wifi and Deliveroo when the door swung open.

Wes, for all his timidness, couldn't stand people like him. He watched him saunter into the bar and address the place like it had been waiting to hear what he had to say about it. He used his skill casually, but obviously with the purpose to impress. And his friendly tone dripped with condescension while putting Roggi in his place.
Forge wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:45 am
"Hello, nervous. You'll be the apprentice, then, hm? Be a good man and get me something that was aged in a cask, would you? I'm thirsty, and I'm afraid Roggi doesn't much like me."
Wes couldn't stand people like him. But the longer Max was in the bar, the more Wes felt like the man had reason to raise himself above those around him. Then the new sorcerer addressed Wes directly, even knew of him, and Wes realized, despite himself, he wanted to impress him.

He promptly stumbled back and searched behind the bar for something in a cask. No, aged in a cask. Why was he nervous? Espying the bourbons, he floated his hand over the bottles until he found one he was sure was ridiculously expensive, fumbled for a glass, and poured Max his drink. He thought, only briefly, of using magic. He'd only embarrass himself.

"Their you go," Wes said after hesitating a moment over whether he'd picked the right drink and sliding the bourbon across the bar.
Martin the faithful wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:44 am
"Um, I am new here and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Andrew, but my friends call me mouse," he says. Then smiles and says, "The bottle trick was amazing."
"Nice to meet ya, Mouse. And sure, the bottle thing was pretty good." Wes tried to sound a little unimpressed, but was careful not to shrug it away too hard and piss off Max. "Nick--he owns this place--has been showing me some pretty impressive stuff. From what I hear, he's quite renowned in the magic circles these days."

Jesus, he sounded stupid. Barely above a schoolboy's argument of "my dad's stronger than yours". But he couldn't help but feel there was a rivalry between his mentor and this cocky suit, and Nick wasn't here to stop Max from having his way with the bar.