Let the GAMES begin!

Olympic Contest Results - Going live over the course of the week!

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Results are now up!

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[IC] The Blue Planet V.3.1 - On Avalon [Always Open]

The realms with a strong focus on technology. These are the realms of Science Fiction/Fantasy, Cyberpunk, Steampunk, and their ilk. Examples: Star Trek, Borderlands, Neuromancer.

Moderators: Dionysus [Rick], Hades [Forge]

Hades [Forge]
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Warrior

Re: [IC] The Blue Planet V.3.1 - On Avalon [Always Open]

Post by Hades [Forge] » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:11 pm

Sammy wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:48 pm
"You can pay me back once you've dealt with your Lusan problem." She placed the glass in front of him just in time for another customer to enter the fray.

"You're a saint," Ares called to Eva's retreating back, taking the glass in both hands and drawing it close to him. His stomach quietly protested at the thought of having to deal with the drink, insisting in its own little way that nothing short of death could save them now. The smuggler ignored it, lifting the glass and sipping slowly, both to spare Eva the inevitable clean-up that trying to gulp it down would cause, and to savour the drink itself. They didn't have a great line in citrus fruits where he came from - or any fruits, really. Something about the soil didn't lend itself to them, even after terraforming. Most of their vitamin C came from fruit-flavoured amino gels, which tasted like they'd been put together by a team of enthusiastic scientists whose sum total knowledge about fruit came from an article they'd read during their morning commute.

Glassdoor wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:33 pm
"Nice... weather we're having to-today" he said, mimicking the tone he was using back when social interaction wasn't a long awaited dream of his, finally coming true.

The smuggler blinked owlishly behind his lenses, brain struggling faintly with the question. Ares twisted, looking up at the Planet's ceiling, then back at the door before shrugging.
"Can't argue with that, I guess. Weather's always good in space, right?" Ares eyed his glass, then set it aside with a tiny pang of regret, resolving to be at least a little sociable. "You're not from around here, huh? I spend --" He paused, mentally scoring out the words 'too much'. "-- a healthy amount of time here. Begging your pardon abd all, but you don't look much like you belong on Avalon. What's brought you to our little hive of scum and villainy?"
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Glassdoor
Olympian
Olympian
Class: Necromancer

Post by Glassdoor » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:49 pm

Forge wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:11 pm
"You're not from around here, huh? I spend --" He paused, mentally scoring out the words 'too much'. "-- a healthy amount of time here. Begging your pardon abd all, but you don't look much like you belong on Avalon. What's brought you to our little hive of scum and villainy?"
"A ship." Patch blinked few times. Was this answer satisfactory? Probably not. "A mining ship. Brought me here from... from the..." Where DID the Crash happen? Patch tried to find it in the stored memories, but it was nowhere to be found. Must've been lost to the damage. Or Worms. "From a place. My ship crashed there a long time ago, I was the only survivor." He clutched his hand on the Memento sewn into the sleeve of the camouflage suit. "They discovered it during one of the mining expeditions. Took me along and dropped me off here. I had no idea what to do, so I went for a drink. They say alcohol here is good, and there will be a good chance of me not getting robbed." As Patch kept talking, he found it more and more easy to construct sentences without any breaks in between. Suddenly, he threw his head up. Did he hear something? Was it the Worms? No, impossible. The Worms stayed in the Wreck. Miners promised.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Post by Sammy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 am

Hyper110 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:43 am
"James... and I like the open space of a lonely table more to be honest... makes it easier to work..." he says, pointing to his torn apart smart watch. "Besides, it's not the ones who bite that I'm concerned about, but more or less the ones who talk too much."
"Ah, gotcha. Say no more, James, say no more," Eva replied with a knowing smile, lifting her hand to mime zipping her lips closed. "I'll give you some peace. Just give us a shout if you need anything else." With a final smile, she turned and made her way back to the bar, quietly wondering where it was she recognised the quiet man from.
Forge wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:11 pm
The smuggler blinked owlishly behind his lenses, brain struggling faintly with the question. Ares twisted, looking up at the Planet's ceiling, then back at the door before shrugging.
"Can't argue with that, I guess. Weather's always good in space, right?" Ares eyed his glass, then set it aside with a tiny pang of regret, resolving to be at least a little sociable. "You're not from around here, huh? I spend --" He paused, mentally scoring out the words 'too much'. "-- a healthy amount of time here. Begging your pardon abd all, but you don't look much like you belong on Avalon. What's brought you to our little hive of scum and villainy?"
Eva smirked to herself as she pottered about behind the bar, listening to Ares' feeble attempts to appear sociable while fighting the hangover that, by all appearances, seemed to originate from one of the deeper circles of hell. It crossed her mind that she could put him at least a little out of his misery by ensuring he wasn't the sole focal point of the conversation but, for now, watching him struggle was far more entertaining. It was self-inflicted suffering, after all. The Blue Planet's kitchen, however, as far as you could call it such anyway, seemed more merciful.

"One Blue Planet burger and fries," Eva murmured, not wanting to intrude too much into the budding conversation. "I know you probably don't fancy eating but it'll help if you can stomach it."

"And how's that Long Island Iced Tea going down?" She turned to Patch with a faint smile. "In need of a top up? Or can I get you anything to eat?"
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Hades [Forge]
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

Post by Hades [Forge] » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:13 am

Ares made a grateful noise as Eva set the food down, methodically feeding himself fries one-by-one as she spoke to Patch. Nobody could deny that the Blue Planet's kitchen turned out some of the best food on the station, and even dying as he was the smell of the burger had started to wind itself around his heart. He watched Patch as he ate, both the vitamin C and the food giving his brain a much-needed shunt toward wakefulness. Twitchy. A little absent. The guy definitely looked like he'd been marooned. Being on your own with little but the infinite black for company did things to a person. The human mind wasn't geared up to deal with that sort of thing for long periods of time. Hell, even Ares had suffered through those moments where he'd been out too long without the feel of solid ground (or, at least Avalon's approximation of it) under foot.
"Hey," the smugger muttered around a mouthful of food, watching the stranger's frantic movements. "S'alright. Ain't nobody gonna rob you here, or anything else." Admittedly, that wasn't strictly true - there were plenty of people on Avalon who would gladly rob him without a second thought. They just wouldn't dare do it while he was in the Planet.

Evariss Nylitch
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Rogue

Post by Evariss Nylitch » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:56 pm

Sammy wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 am
"One Blue Planet burger and fries," Eva murmured, not wanting to intrude too much into the budding conversation. "I know you probably don't fancy eating but it'll help if you can stomach it."
Evariss' smirk turned into a slight scowl as Eva handed the food to Ares. "Forgetting something?", he purred at Eva. Getting into trouble wasn't high on his agenda at the moment, so he swallowed, waited for her attention, and started again. "I've heard of something called 'scotch', I'll have that, and for food, I'll have what he's having", Evariss said as he poked a finger at Ares' meal. "By the way", he murmured, "you wouldn't happen to have heard any rumours of an escaped convict, would you?"
Revenge is delicious, but it is best when seasoned with ambition.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:25 pm

Evariss Nylitch wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:56 pm
Evariss' smirk turned into a slight scowl as Eva handed the food to Ares. "Forgetting something?", he purred at Eva. Getting into trouble wasn't high on his agenda at the moment, so he swallowed, waited for her attention, and started again. "I've heard of something called 'scotch', I'll have that, and for food, I'll have what he's having", Evariss said as he poked a finger at Ares' meal. "By the way", he murmured, "you wouldn't happen to have heard any rumours of an escaped convict, would you?"
"Patience is a virtue," Eva replied in a sing song voice when, as if on cue, the hatch opened once more to reveal a second Blue Planet burger with fries. She grabbed the food, placed it in front of him and then laughed as she considered his question. "First time on Avalon, huh? We probably have the highest concentration of escaped convicts and general 'bad eggs' in the 'verse. The 'Corps generally give this place a wide berth, at least in an official capacity but there will be those here willing to sell someone out for the right price. They'll tip off a dirty agent and, when the fugitive in question ventures out of the station, they'll find a Corps welcoming committee waiting for them just out of reach of Avalon's defense systems," she drew off, smiling somewhat apologetically for the slight digression as she poured him a double measure of scotch on the rocks. "To answer your actual question, this place is a constant hive of rumours so you'll have to be a touch more specific."

Glassdoor
Olympian
Olympian

Post by Glassdoor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:52 pm

Sammy wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 am
"And how's that Long Island Iced Tea going down?" She turned to Patch with a faint smile. "In need of a top up? Or can I get you anything to eat?"
"Eat... Yes, I need energy. I have to be able to move when the Wo-" Patch shook his head. "Sorry, digression. Doesn't normally happen. Shouldn't happen. Food's good, as long as it isn't Krane Industries' Standard Protein Ration. I've had enough of those for the rest of my life."

'Introductions', it dawned on him. People say their names when they introduce themselves. "Patch" he said, and then quickly clarifed: "My name. My... my name is Patch." It went put a bit awkward, but that at least was another point crossed off on the 'How to conduct a proper conversation' list. He took another sip of the coctail. No explosion. Good, that meant his senses were coming back to normal.

Evariss Nylitch
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Evariss Nylitch » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Sammy wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:25 pm
"To answer your actual question, this place is a constant hive of rumours so you'll have to be a touch more specific."
He smiled theatrically as he tucked into his meal, "actually, I was talking about someone I know very, very well... tall, dark hair, just walked into a bar... but its good to know no-one will recognise 'him' here". Evariss gestured his head toward Ares and Patch, quickly changing the conversation, "these two regulars? I could do with some work, as I'm a bit short on credits. I figured you might know a reliable 'employer' around here", he winked at Eva as he downed half his glass in one thirsty gulp.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:08 am

Evariss Nylitch wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:57 pm
He smiled theatrically as he tucked into his meal, "actually, I was talking about someone I know very, very well... tall, dark hair, just walked into a bar... but its good to know no-one will recognise 'him' here". Evariss gestured his head toward Ares and Patch, quickly changing the conversation, "these two regulars? I could do with some work, as I'm a bit short on credits. I figured you might know a reliable 'employer' around here", he winked at Eva as he downed half his glass in one thirsty gulp.
"I'm sure your friend will be quite safe as long as he keeps his head down and doesn't draw too much attention to himself. Certain bar owners can be very discrete but others, well, not so much. Occupational hazard of Avalon, I'm afraid, trust no one," she smiled and readied herself for some introductions before Patch beat her to it.
Glassdoor wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:52 pm
"Eat... Yes, I need energy. I have to be able to move when the Wo-" Patch shook his head. "Sorry, digression. Doesn't normally happen. Shouldn't happen. Food's good, as long as it isn't Krane Industries' Standard Protein Ration. I've had enough of those for the rest of my life."

'Introductions', it dawned on him. People say their names when they introduce themselves. "Patch" he said, and then quickly clarifed: "My name. My... my name is Patch." It went put a bit awkward, but that at least was another point crossed off on the 'How to conduct a proper conversation' list. He took another sip of the coctail. No explosion. Good, that meant his senses were coming back to normal.
"Well, as you can see, Patch here is new too. Nice to meet you, Patch and welcome to the Blue Planet. I'm Eva, Eva Blake and the barely animated corpse you've been talking to is (unfortunately) a regular and usually goes by the name of Ares on the rare occasion that he can handle his drink," the bar owner smiled at both Patch and Evariss and then flashed Ares a smirk. "Ignore everything he tells you about it being my fault," Eva nodded and tapped her fingers lightly against the bar surface, bring to life an interface that she used to throw through an order for some food for Patch. "Blue Planet burger which is apparently today's special will be with you in a jiffy."

"As for reliable employment," she turned her attention back to Evariss, studying him intently for a moment before shrugging her shoulders. "I might know a few people or Ares here might be able to help you out. What kind of thing are you looking for?"

Andromeda
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Pirate

Post by Andromeda » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:18 pm

Andromeda's arrival on The Avalon went about as well as they ever did. The problem with her specific line of work was that everyone wanted a piece of the pie regardless of whether or not they’d had any kind of stake in the baking process. Of course, her tendency to pit competitors against each other, to merrily screw over partners in favour of a better and more profitable deal and the fact that she always almost very late with every delivery certainly did her no favours. No favours at all. On this particular occasion, she’d been expecting a considerable beating and had held back enough of the product for her own use in the hopes that it would keep her from death’s door. It had worked though, as the woman limped somewhat pitifully into the Blue Planet, it didn’t feel much like it had.

“Triple of that Catian whiskey on the rocks, please Eva,” Andy murmured, the upper part of her exo-suit receding to reveal two blackened eyes and a split and swollen lip. The suit was taking care of the worst of the rest and, if instructed could do significantly more to ease her discomfort but, after a little trial and error, she had learnt that those who liked to hand out beatings weren’t often impressed to see you leaping around like a spring lamb the following day. Nope, experience had taught her that it was best to hobble about and look suitably cowed until the worst of their ire had passed unless, of course, you wanted a second, more severe beating. Wincing, she hoisted herself onto one of the bar stools. “You should see the other guy?” She chuckled, immediately regretting the resulting shots of pain across her face and chest. “Ow, no. No laughing. Laughing bad.”

Hades [Forge]
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

Post by Hades [Forge] » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:36 pm

Ares watched Andromeda enter the bar from behind his lenses, tracking her halting progress across the room and wincing in instinctive sympathy. How many times had he been in the same situation, limping in to lick his wounds after taking the summary beating that came with a job gone south? It was a necessary evil; sometimes you couldn't do what a client was asking, whether it was for practical or moral reasons. Other times you just needed to fleece someone and they caught you at it. Shit happened - taking your knocks was just the price. Still. When she cracked the faceplate on her exo-suit to reveal those matching shiners, he couldn't help but chuckle, which immediately set his aching skull off again and turned the noise into something approaching a whimper.

"You look as bad as I feel," the smuggler called to her, shifting only marginally so that he could keep Eva and Evariss in sight while he spoke. Not that the proprietor would need help of anything - there were a sparse handful of occasions where he'd seen the Planet's owner have to physically dissuade an errant customer, and they were still among his favourite memories. Nonetheless, Evariss advertised his criminality like there was a Miss Avalon contest going on, and that made Ares uneasy.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:51 pm

Andromeda wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:18 pm
“Triple of that Catian whiskey on the rocks, please Eva,” Andy murmured, the upper part of her exo-suit receding to reveal two blackened eyes and a split and swollen lip. The suit was taking care of the worst of the rest and, if instructed could do significantly more to ease her discomfort but, after a little trial and error, she had learnt that those who liked to hand out beatings weren’t often impressed to see you leaping around like a spring lamb the following day. Nope, experience had taught her that it was best to hobble about and look suitably cowed until the worst of their ire had passed unless, of course, you wanted a second, more severe beating. Wincing, she hoisted herself onto one of the bar stools. “You should see the other guy?” She chuckled, immediately regretting the resulting shots of pain across her face and chest. “Ow, no. No laughing. Laughing bad.”
"You know," Eva began, taking in Andy's appearance with a very sympathetic grimace, "I'm not sure I've seen the face beneath those shiners more than once or twice. It's basically a fashion statement at this point. You really ought to think about firing your Avalon welcoming committee." Despite the seemingly lighthearted joke, there was a touch of genuine concern in the woman's eyes, not that she would ever admit to it. "Either that, or maybe start trying a little harder not to upset the kind of people who are happy to hand out beatings like that on the regular," she paused, tapped her fingers lightly on the surface of the bar for a moment or two and gazed ever so innocently at nothing in particular, "You want to tell me who did it?" The tone of Eva's voice seemed innocuous enough but there was a certain edge to it that might be picked up on by people who knew her well.

Leaving Andy to ponder the question and their potential implications, the bar owner grabbed a large tumbler, filled it with ice and placed it in front of the woman. "Are you sure you want the Catian? It's going to sting that lip like an absolute bitch. I mean, it'll clean it up nice but it's really going to hurt," Eva turned to grab the bottle in question all the same, anticipating Andy's answer even before she'd voiced it. This wasn't the first time they'd gone through these particular hoops, after all.

Glassdoor
Olympian
Olympian

Post by Glassdoor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:03 pm

Patch winced and activated the cloaking device when Andromeda entered the bar. He developed the habit of hiding at the sound of door opening behind his back and now, more calm than at the beginning and starting to become a bit absent-minded, he reacted instinctively. He decloaked almost immdiately (after all, there were no Worms here) and looked at Andromeda with interest. 'So many people' he thought 'and all of them so... different.' Different characters, different clothes, different bruises. Bruises. Patch frowned. Bruises weren't good. They caused pain, , and pain distracte when the Worms attack. He reached into the suit's pocket and pulled out three hermetically sealed syringes, filled with nanobots that boost recovery capabilities- the last three from the ship's cargo. Cause of the Crash. As he stared at them, memories started flooding his mind. Unclear pictures, torn dialogue. Someone screaming about mutiny, the other about fortune and... panaceum. He shook his head. Not important now. Syringes were important. He used a lot of them on the ship, they were capable of stopping the bleeding and regenerating tissue in a matter of seconds. The captain mentioned some other uses, but Patch couldn't remember the details. They saved his life countless times, he still remembered the time he had to use four to regrow his foot. Those were the most excrutiating five minutes of his life. Andromeda didn't look very hurt, it certainly wasn't something her organism and suit couldn't handle. Patch from before the Crash would consider it a waste of very useful medicine. Still, Patch from after the Crash held one syringe out to Andromeda. "This... should help with the bruises. And... other wounds. Works very quickly." The miners that rescued him accepted one as payment (with unusually big grins on their faces) and Patch hoped one of those would cover his tab in the bar. He had no idea idea how much they were worth.

Andromeda
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Pirate

Post by Andromeda » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:29 am

Sammy wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:51 pm
"You know," Eva began, taking in Andy's appearance with a very sympathetic grimace, "I'm not sure I've seen the face beneath those shiners more than once or twice. It's basically a fashion statement at this point. You really ought to think about firing your Avalon welcoming committee." Despite the seemingly lighthearted joke, there was a touch of genuine concern in the woman's eyes, not that she would ever admit to it. "Either that, or maybe start trying a little harder not to upset the kind of people who are happy to hand out beatings like that on the regular," she paused, tapped her fingers lightly on the surface of the bar for a moment or two and gazed ever so innocently at nothing in particular, "You want to tell me who did it?" The tone of Eva's voice seemed innocuous enough but there was a certain edge to it that might be picked up on by people who knew her well.

Leaving Andy to ponder the question and their potential implications, the bar owner grabbed a large tumbler, filled it with ice and placed it in front of the woman. "Are you sure you want the Catian? It's going to sting that lip like an absolute bitch. I mean, it'll clean it up nice but it's really going to hurt," Eva turned to grab the bottle in question all the same, anticipating Andy's answer even before she'd voiced it. This wasn't the first time they'd gone through these particular hoops, after all.
"I just have to drink through the pain wall until everything stops hurting," Andy replied, smiling with her blackened eyes if not with her lips. "It's a bit like running a marathon. 'Sides, it's a good kind of pain. A cleansing pain. Trust me chick, I have this down to an art form." With a sigh, she turned her thoughts to Eva's other comments. "Let's just call it an occupational hazard," she shrugged her shoulders, letting out a gentle groan at the movement and poking tentatively at her ribs. "As for the who, well, you know as well as I do that the only thing people here hate more than being screwed over is being snitched on and I am many things but a rat's not one of them and you've got a worrying look in your eye. Last thing I want is you getting in any bother 'cause I can't keep myself out of shit."
Glassdoor wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:03 pm
Still, Patch from after the Crash held one syringe out to Andromeda. "This... should help with the bruises. And... other wounds. Works very quickly." The miners that rescued him accepted one as payment (with unusually big grins on their faces) and Patch hoped one of those would cover his tab in the bar. He had no idea idea how much they were worth.
It took a moment for Andromeda to register that the man was talking to her and, when it finally had, she turned to face the stranger with a look of undisguised surprise. She looked from the syringe to Patch and back again before glancing back at Eva with a raised eyebrow though whether for explanation or reassurance, it was unclear. Realising that it might seem that she was being rude, she returned her attention to the man offering her the syringe, held up her hands and managed an approximation of a smile.

"I - eh - that's really nice of you, Sir but, for one, that syringe is worth way more than you ought to be spending on a total stranger. Under normal circumstances I'd have that out of your hand and get it straight up to the market but some of Eva's good nature tends to rub off on me when I'm in here. Secondly, I'd have already done something about the pain but... well, if the people I pissed off see me looking peachy keen in a few hours they'll feel forced to remind me why pissing them off isn't a great idea and, at the minute, my memory is pretty fresh on that score. Thanks, though."

"Eva, you need to teach this guy a few things or he aint gonna last two minutes on Avalon," Andy murmured to the bar owner in a very low voice as she looked expectantly for her drink.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:48 pm

Andromeda wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:29 am
"I just have to drink through the pain wall until everything stops hurting," Andy replied, smiling with her blackened eyes if not with her lips. "It's a bit like running a marathon. 'Sides, it's a good kind of pain. A cleansing pain. Trust me chick, I have this down to an art form." With a sigh, she turned her thoughts to Eva's other comments. "Let's just call it an occupational hazard," she shrugged her shoulders, letting out a gentle groan at the movement and poking tentatively at her ribs. "As for the who, well, you know as well as I do that the only thing people here hate more than being screwed over is being snitched on and I am many things but a rat's not one of them and you've got a worrying look in your eye. Last thing I want is you getting in any bother 'cause I can't keep myself out of shit."
"Roger that," Eva replied with a roll of her shoulders that bore some approximation to a shrug. She poured a large, triple measure as requested and then pointedly left the bottle beside Andromeda. "To help you break down that wall faster," she explained with a faint smirk that wasn't quite enough to mask the concern or agitation in her eyes. Transactions such as the one currently more than evident across the other woman's face were common enough on Avalon to be largely unremarkable but that did nothing to ease her reactions to seeing someone she was fairly fond of in such a state. Despite the warning, Eva made a mental note to ask around a bit. It couldn't hurt just to know who had been responsible, surely?
Andromeda wrote: She looked from the syringe to Patch and back again before glancing back at Eva with a raised eyebrow though whether for explanation or reassurance, it was unclear...
Eva shrugged her shoulders, clearly every bit as baffled as Andy by the sudden and unprompted offer of kindness. He was an unfamiliar face and there was something a little off about him, almost as though he'd forgotten what it was like to be around other people. She eyed the syringe in his hand a little suspiciously and then sighed to herself. That was the problem with being based on Avalon. It had it advantages, the significantly decreased likelihood of a raid from the 'Corp, for example, but it certainly made it a lot harder to trust anyone, knowing that just about everyone here was up to no good in some capacity or other.

Evariss Nylitch
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Evariss Nylitch » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:01 pm

Evariss instinctively reached for a weapon when Patch activated and then deactivated his cloaking device. He regained his composure though when Patch clearly wasn't making some kind of move. He would keep an eye on Patch, he seemed distant and weak, but almost as if there was the potential for him to go batshit insane in an instant.
Evariss fell silent as he noticed the newcomer enter the bar. She seemed tough, someone who would not be easily intimidated. He listened intently as Eva conversed with 'Andy', and took note of the wounds he could see on her face. Perhaps she might need someone to remove her assailants. He was about to say something when Patch offered the syringe to Andy. This was too much, he was carrying nanobots? Just one syringe was worth enough to get him off this rock and back on a ship. Evariss looked on as Andy politely refused the offer and he nodded in agreement, there was no way this strange little man was simply giving these away, it was obviously a trap of some kind. He turned back to the bar, he would wait for a while, listen and see what happens. After all, he had to figure out a way to pay for his meal.