Happy New Year, Collectivities!
Wishing you all a wonderful 2019!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

One Piece: New Romance Dawn (Part 2)

The realms where magic is the most prevalent. These are the realms of traditional fantasy but includes any setting where magic is the primary focus. Examples: LotR, Harry Potter, Dresden Files.

Moderators: Darkblade, Georgeanna

Pad_Mayhart
Scout
Scout
Class: Warrior

Re: One Piece: New Romance Dawn (Part 2)

Post by Pad_Mayhart » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:47 am

Cyrus watched the broken scrap on the ground as Malachi talked. "Heh, I wasn't thinking that far ahead. I just really didn't want to have to see your uglyfuck face. I could do without that emotional trauma."
"Only the insane equate pain, with success." -Cheshire Cat

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Necromancer

Post by khfan429 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:37 am

"Excuse me, simple?!?" K.T. demanded, his eyes narrowing on the now-broken monitor. "People are obnoxiously complex, thank you. I can't even figure them out, and I'm probably either the smartest or second-smartest being on this vessel. You, by contrast, are a program. Nothing but malfunctioning lines of code following glitched-out directives. I can hardly envision anything simpler on paper. Now I assume you have a purpose for contacting us without siccing the population on us, care to share what it is?"

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by ThreadWeaver » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:39 am

"Ah, insults. Yes, very droll; the other pirates who attempted to resist me also resorted to such foulness. It's part of what I'll have to reformat out of you; such cursing would rot my poor baby Selkie's mind."

The monitor sparked.

"To put it very simply for you all: I have no need and, in my magnanimosity, I have decided to give you a choice instead. You can exhaust yourself however you please, whether it be dashing yourselves against my fortifications or huddled in the confines of your vessel. Will you run yourselves ragged in a vain attempt to resist as I take your crew, or will you starve as I deny you the vital amenities your organic cages require? I already know the end result of this little waltz, but I must admit I'm intrigued as to the steps you'll muster."

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:12 am

"Or, orrrrrrrrrr, third option... I take you apart." K.T. retorted matter-of-factly. "You probably don't get out enough to know this, but I am damn good at dismantling problematic machinery. Those robots of yours that I deconstructed? That was a warm-up." Admittedly a warmup that had left him drained to the point of immobility, but now that he had a full stomach he was confident he could repeat the phenomenon with much greater efficiency. "So when I find a suitable interface console and figure out how it works, I am going to troubleshoot the ever-loving fuck out of you until you're as docile and cooperative as every piece of my currently A.I.-free arsenal. And I will do so before you get the chance to cyberneticize anyone else, least of all any of our crewmates. Because even if I didn't find your dystopian set-up morally and ethically reprehensible, and even if I wasn't obligated to keep the rest of them free of unwanted robot parts, there is one person I know with regards to whom adding cybernetic enhancements is akin to nothing less than an act of anthetically-themed artistic vandalism. Like adding cubist elements to an impressionist masterpiece, or preparing a perfect steak only to slosh ketchup all over it, like a goddamn hick!"

With a cocky grin he raised one arm, pointing at the monitor in a challenging manner. "That's my answer, you defective digital dumbass. And speaking honestly, I'm glad you gave it to us, because I want you to know we're coming. So that when I raze your tower to the ground I can see if you're advanced enough to feel fear." he finished.

Pad_Mayhart
Scout
Scout

Post by Pad_Mayhart » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:49 am

Cyrus watched K.T. rant. He wasn't exactly sure how effective insults and threats would be. It seemed as if Malachai didn't care very much about that, but he did care about Selkie, enough to be worried about her rotting her mind, something he could only assume to be impossible. Then it hit him, he knew something that would get a rise out of this robo-being.

He waites until K.T. finished and then said, "Yeah, what he said... And then I'm gonna fuck your daughter."

GamerScribe
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by GamerScribe » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:34 am

Whipping around in front of their rotund tour-guide he grabbed the man by the shoulders and met him eye to eye.

"Mr. Volg; I will attempt to put this as simply as I am able, so focus up, yes? If Selkie hurts my friends; I will hurt her, and you, badly. If she doesn't; I will personally make certain she finally succeeds and overthrows Machalai." He kept his tone soft, soothing; and locked his dark and deep-set eyes on Volg's own.

"So; if you think she really wants to help, take me to her and we won't hurt her. I swear it. If you think she is trying to set us up... run. If you get far enough fast enough, maybe we won't use you to hunt her down."
Image Signature by Sammy, Team Zeus Icon by Forge, Avatar by MiseryGK

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:03 am

Volg blinked a few times, Adam's frustrated tone at odds with his affirmations. Eventually the large, puzzled man nodded, and led them on further.

They walked for only a short while more, entering into a spherical room with a flat floor. A massive pillar, draped in condensation, was positioned in the center of the room. The air was cold, their breaths misting in the air.

Volg turned to them.

"We are here."

------

There was a moment's pause. Then:

"I see. You, at least, are too anomalous to salvage. Well, it wouldn't be the first time."

The monitor sparked its last. High, high above Cyrus, up in the sky ceiling, there was a sputtering flash of light.

Every hair on Cyrus's body began to stand on end.

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:46 pm

K.T.'s eye twitched furiously, blue lines manifesting on his face as Machalai seemed to have completely disregarded his response. "Oh come on, at least acknowledge the fact that I out and out threatened you!" he complained. "That was probably the most badass oration I've ever given and it wasn't even for entirely selfish reasons, but one line from him and he gets what is likely death from above (you're probably going to want to move by the by Cyrus)?!? What a rip!"

He was reasonably confident the swordsman was capable of avoiding whatever was coming, so he made no move to intervene, backing away a few feet just in case the "splash zone" proved wider than expected. "Show him who's anomalous after I rip whatever passes for a power core out and repurpose it for a large-scale footwarming device. See who's too anomalous to salvage then." he muttered.

----

Ushi continued hopping alongside the others in silence, keeping her eyes peeled for anything scary or suspicious. She was hardly used to this kind of fieldwork without K.T., after all, and although she was somewhat grateful to have her usual burden of nominal responsibility for his behavior lifted she couldn't deny that she found his absence mildly unsettling. She sympathized with Volg's situation, but she was having a surprisingly difficult time articulating that sentiment.

Upon reaching their apparent destination, the little bull-frog shivered, taking note of how chilly the room seemed to be. She huddled up next to Angela, reasoning that even if the others might not object to such close proximity even accounting for their various emotional states, Angela seemed the least likely to take exception.

Pad_Mayhart
Scout
Scout

Post by Pad_Mayhart » Tue May 08, 2018 4:00 am

Cyrus could feel the hair across his body standing on end, he grabbed Jacob by the arm kicking back hard. With no time to leap properly, checking where he would be going or to accommodate the weight however, he ended up casting himself straight into a wall. Slamming with full force into the architecture and cracking the wall.

GamerScribe
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by GamerScribe » Wed May 09, 2018 2:44 am

More cold. It seemed to be an ongoing theme for their current predicament. First Rin turning up from the water frozen solid, then the blast hitting Urand's leg. And now a room of frosty breath and ice-cold reception. No one else was there to greet them, at least not anyone he saw. But then again they were going to meet some kind of machine girl daughtered to a maniacal supervillain boat... So who knew; maybe she was the pillar. Or some kind of bug-sized robots living in the droplets of condensation.

"Well; so we are." Adam said with a nod, turning over his shoulder to Vick and Leeroy and nodding to either side of the room. The large men began to circle around and check for trouble; the fact he sent them in opposite directions would also lessen their acting up. He motioned for Rin, Canton, Angela and Ushi to follow him and stepped out further into the room.

"Okay. We came as you asked. So now you can start answering questions and we can all get along. Or you can spring a trap and I stop playing polite."

---

What am I, the walnuts at the sundae bar? Allen thought to himself, frowning up just in time to see the crackling light and decide maybe he should take K.T's example and step back a bit

While he wasn't quite so forceful about it he took hold of Francis and Sam and quickly barreled towards the opposite wall with them, making sure their little group was as far from whatever was coming as he could make possible.

"..ell this cer..a.n..y suck..!" Mr. Cork said from somewhere smashed against Allen's ribs in a bear-hug of a

"Could be worse. The tincan could be attacking you instead of Cyrus." Mr. Varner said as he dangled from the waist under Allen's other arm.

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Thu May 24, 2018 2:59 am

A radiant bolt cracked into being where Cyrus had once stood, sending every one of his senses screaming for agency as blinding heat and searing ozone rolled over him. He had not been hit by the bolt directly, quick enough to react to the electrical blast. But two things became quickly apparent.

First and foremost - every surface of the ship was metallic. Needles of pain jerked up and down their bodies from secondary, dispersed contact. Jacob's hair poofed into a flaring afro. Their boots began to pop and sear, small subcurrents of electricity running into them as they barely insulated the group from the ground.

Secondly, and far more worrying - the bolt had not dissipated. It stayed in contact, a static finger pressed into the ground, jerking to and fro with a hum like a hive.

"D-d-d-does it worry the rest of you that it's staying it place? I w-wish it'd go away..." Jacob moaned.

That was when the bolt of electricity began to pursue the group.

"OH GOD NO I DIDN'T MEAN IT GO BACK GO BACK!!!" Jacob screamed.

--------

Angela wordlessly picked up the bullfrog, hugging Ushi against her. It was a mediocre improvement; Angela wasn't the most warm-bodied member of the crew, clammy at the best of times.

Shortly after Adam finished speaking, Selkie responded:

:redbullet: I can. But first there are a few points I wish to correct. I'm sorry it had to wait but, since this is the only location where I have full control, it's also the only place I'm safe to speak. :redbullet:

There was a loud clack from the central pillar as several mechanical catches were released. What was revealed as a protective covering began to ascend up into the ceiling, unsheathing away from an interior glass tube that stretched the height of the room.

:redbullet: First; I never had any intention to deceive or belay you. If I wanted to stop you I would have never led you here from under the tower, and Spriggan would have gotten you. Second - Machalai is NOT my father. And third... :redbullet:

As the Selkie had spoken more haze had poured from pillar, having the effect of removing the layer of condensation from the glass tube. This allowed the group to see what was inside, what was protected.

Angela gave a soft "Ah." Rin, uncertain of what she was looking at, said "What's that flabby walnut?" Adam however would likely have a better grasp, having seen this drawn up in books from his youth. Suspended in the tube within fluid, strung up with wires and pierced here and there with arrays of thin diodes, was a human brain.

:redbullet: "...I am not a machine. :redbullet:

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:21 am

Eyes widening as the sensation of electricity coursed through him, K.T. quickly switched off the V-0, hoping that he had managed to avoid any further damage to its power source. He'd had it on a lower setting, so it likely wouldn't have amounted to much in such a small period of time, but as the core had already sustained some damage from the workshop incident earlier he did not want to take any chances.

The dispersed electricity was itself of little concern beyond painful and annoying, he'd taken much worse and much more direct shocks, after all. But there were more pressing matters... "How the hell are you managing to maintain this current?!?" he demanded, his gaze directed skywards (but not at the lightning itself, obviously, the last thing he needed was to blind himself) "The power cost should be utterly unsustainable with everything else going on in this crazy place!!!"

Also it was now moving. That was bad. "... So I have a couple of ideas." K.T. noted, turning his attention to Cyrus. "How good is your vertical throw?" he inquired.

----

Ushi continued to shiver and shake as Angela picked her up, her face growing dark with discouragement. Clearly, this had not been her greatest idea, and she would have to make note of Angela's unusually low body temperature for the future.

Still, at least it seemed that she wasn't suffering through the cold for naught, and they were about to have their questions answered by their mysterious "ally". A small sweatdrop fell across Ushi's head as Selkie apparently began to unveil herself; it was a pretty theatrical process when they knew all they were going to see was a computer terminal or a-

Brain in a jar. That was an alternative. Without warning, Ushi suddenly let out a loud and panicked squeal, having been caught off-guard by the sudden turn of events. It took several moments after she had finished to regain her composure and form a statement with her headset that the others could understand.

"I apologize for that. Also WHAT."

Pad_Mayhart
Scout
Scout

Post by Pad_Mayhart » Thu May 24, 2018 1:04 pm

Cyrus felt himself plodding along at a notable pace, now trailing Jacob behind him like a streamer. He was trying to piece together how to handle this problem, when K.T. spoke up. A smirk danced across his features and he whipped his burdened arm forward, hurling Jacob ahead like a javelin.

"Incredible." He responded, snagging the chest harness of K.T.'s needlessly complex bodysuit and brought his sprint to an odd end, practically skipping forward onto one food and spiraling. He dragged K.T. with him, Cyrus spinning pivoting on his foot, rotating his hips and then finally following through with a double-handed throw. K.T. was rocketed into the sky like a firework, while Cyrus' forward momentum floated his now horizontal and parallel to the floor body along for a moment, hands high in the sky, before he landed on his shoulders, nearly neck first on the electrified metal. "F-F-F-F-FU-C-C-C-K!"

The swordsman did his best recovering backward somersault onto his feet, sprinting backwards and nearly tumbling again, before recovering and moving. He now sported scorched clothing and his skin showed through, pink and steaming.

Desperado57
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Pirate

Post by Desperado57 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:41 pm

Michiko gritted her teeth as her opponent in front of her started to take up into the air, and plunge directly towards her with her sharp claws. She didn't have time to prepare herself to counter the claws flying right at her, as she instead tried to dodge it. She moved towards the side where her companion was, pushing her out of the danger as well and trying to put distance between them and their opponents.

She kept a hold on Sylvia during the roll, and as she managed to put enough distance from the two enemies, she faced towards both of them, her tonfa's ready in her hands as she stood defensively in front of Sylvia.

"My Fishman Karate isn't working on her..." She said quietly, just enough for Sylvia to hear. "I'll do my best to watch your blind spots from now on. I'll have to get up close now if I wanna fight them, though." She said, keeping a watchful glare towards Lean and Flan. She doesn't want to hurt Flan, considering she might be under the effects of whatever Lean's powers are. She'll have to focus on Lean if she wants to end this fight quickly, but considering her Fishman techniques aren't affecting her...

She rolled her shoulders, stretching out her back. Her first fight starts now, and she can't rely on her Fishman techniques here.
The Outworld Cowboy

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:21 am

"Hesitating? Well, that won't do! A cutie like you should really know how to take the initiative!"

Leanan'sidhe and rushed Michiko from the front, launching into a razor-sharp high kick.

"Stiletto Slicer!!" She called out. There was... something odd about the claws on her feet when she kicked. As the limb arced through the air, Michiko could -

"Miss Michiko, look out!!" Sylvia gasped.

At the same time, Flan had come up behind Michiko and launched an attack from below. Her robotic legs had splayed out, allowing the marionette'd chef to slash low at the back of Michiko's knees.

Desperado57
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Pirate

Post by Desperado57 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:51 am

Crap!! The first thought that came through her mind as she realizes that Flan was still behind her, and was now aiming at the back of her legs. She will bend her knees before pushing herself off the ground just in time to dodge the attacks to her legs.

But now this left her more vunerable towards Leanan'sidhe, her steel tonfa being the only protection for her arms as she used it to brace for her attack, knowing that if she were to take Flan's attack, she would still get hit regardless.

Right now, she needs to come up with a plan. She didn't want to hurt Flan, and it seemed like crow-face in front of her has something to do with that, but what?
The Outworld Cowboy

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Covering his head with his arms, K.T. impacted the ceiling of the ship with only a moderately unpleasant amount of force, immediately sticking to the ceiling. Pulling his feet up as well and pulling his goggles over his eyes for some protection from the brilliant electricity, he quickly made his way over to the apparatus, standing up (or rather upside down?) to better examine it as it pursued the others.

It was, as everything else aboard this ship seemed to be, immaculately put together, and approximately as large as himself. It seemed insulated against its own high-voltage output (made sense, after all, couldn't have it accidentally frying itself), and was directed by several motors that seemed to be responsible for its mobility. Briefly the notion crossed his mind of attempting to point the blaster at the tower and see how well Machalai could withstand that, but given the nature of the motors attempting to redirect them in such a manner would take more time than he wagered the others could reasonably be expected to give him, even assuming he went about it at maximum velocity.

Also there was the pesky problem of all the brainwashed cyborg-citizens who could potentially be hit by a stray bolt if he started messing with its trajectory. That added a further level of complication to the issue. Sighing, he immediately got to work, recognizing that rapid dismantlement was really the only acceptable course of action here...

Which was why, shortly after having flung K.T. up to the roof, Cyrus would find that the lightning had ceased following them, and in fact had ceased firing altogether. K.T. was also descending back towards the crew with some well-timed help from his new rocket boots, a large transformer stuck to his arm with his Cling-Cling Fruit.

Although most of the components of the device were fairly specialized and ill-suited for anything other than firing lightning, he believed that the transformer contained within the apparatus might, if properly reworked, be able to temporarily fix the V-0's current power problems. Or, failing that, at least help it fail in a more spectacular and possibly helpful manner.

GamerScribe
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by GamerScribe » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:45 am

Adam's eyes narrowed in a squint of contemplation as he attempted to discern the reality presented to him. Resting in the tank was not a complex robotic core, but rather what very much appeared to be a brain. Human, more than likely, but he wasn't a doctor and couldn't be perfectly certain on that matter. What he did know, however, was that now not only did he have to deal with being frustrated with the crew, freaked out from feeling trapped and surrounded by his antithesis, livid with the mechanical menace running things and dog-tired from putting up with all of the insanity around him... Now he felt bad for what had moments before been, in his mind at least, an insignificant program which was going to be hastily filed away as a pest or a minor boon. Now it was a person. An exceptionally disenfranchised person, at that, lacking not only in means but in meat and mobility and most of their being.

Raising a hand to cover the ear on the side of him upon which Ushi was he winced at the sudden squeal. Loud and troubling though it was it snapped him back to his senses and got him back on task.

"Rin. You want someone to tell you what's going on, so I'm going to. If you decide to throw up, don't do it on me. If you decide to have a really weird, and completely out of touch thought like 'this is so cool' keep it to yourself until we're off this ship because I really can't deal with that right this moment. If you have any other reaction... well, we'll deal with that. That's a woman's brain in a jar. And we're going to just roll with that for now because doing anything else is just going to make things worse, okay?" He nodded and took another step forward, jaw stiff and shoulders straight as he observed the state of she to whom they were speaking.

"Miss Selkie; I would like to apologize for my misconceptions, but I'm actually working under quite a bit of stress right now, myself. As such my usual manners are failing me... So please allow me to re-state my intent whilst granted this fresh information." He bowed his head low and when he rose again there was a sort of resigned slouch to his shoulders what with the initial shock having worn off.

"Let us skip further formalities and talk about how the fuck we are going to get this business sorted. You said you had that would be easier to explain if we were with you, I am here and keen to listen so long as you speak quickly. I want to handle this as fast as possible. So; you tell me what needs to be done, and if you have any ultimatums for your help state them up front with them as I am very tired of people burying the lead."

---

"Well... damn; that was quick." Allen stared up at the offline machine with a hint of surprise and jealousy. They had handled things so fast. He could've thrown K.T. Hell; he could have thrown him six times as far! He frowned to himself and set his two arm-loads of crewmates down, meandering over.

"So; we should all get moving, then?" Francis asked, patting himself down to make certain an errant spark hadn't set anything off upon his person. Stray fire and electricity were dangerous things around one such as himself...

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:41 am

"I wasn't gonna- yeah, okay. Rin folded her arms, reticent. Angela gently patted her on the shoulder.

:redbullet: "Don't worry about it. I've met a few people this way; your reaction is one of the more amiable, to be honest." :redbullet: Selkie conceded.

:redbullet: "There are several methods I've attempted to oust Machalai in the past. One involved subterfuge and an underground rebellion; he sniffed it out, and staked all my soldiers. Another involved a purely frontal assault of the tower; he gutted the elevators out of it and cut off all food and water to the city, starving the fighters until they were too weak to fight back. A third time... you get the idea. I've been trying to break free of this prison city for a while. I'm down to two options this time. First, the simplest one:" :redbullet:

A few panels opened at odd angles in the room, revealing small, glowing bulbs. They began to flare with light and emit beams, describing in the air a latticed network of nodes. The majority, speckled about hither and thither, bore Selkie's red color. The remaining nodes, far brighter, bore Machalai's unfeeling blue.

:redbullet: "This is a... blueprint, let's say. It describes all of the systems that Machalai is in charge of, and the ones I am made to govern. Even though I run the majority, they're all subsystems. I am also prohibited from attempting to wrest control of larger nodes from him. At least, not without outside approval. If I try to do it on my own it... hurts." :redbullet:

The diagram began to shift, the red nodes hollowing out one by one until they'd all winked out. The blue light from Machalai's nodes spilled out of his primary systems, dimming as it did until it was a dun husk, glittering faintly in all the nodes like stars in a smokey sky.

:redbullet: "If you were to cut me off from all of the subsystems at once, before he had time to react, he would have no choice but to retake full control of the entire system. This would dilute his focus and weaken him enough that you could eradicate his physical form without having to worry about regeneration. Then, you could escape however you pleased." :redbullet:

There was a pause. A flash of neural activity coaxed its way along the diodes in Selkie's gray matter, up the cables of the ship.

:redbullet: "The easiest way to do that, while you're here, is to destroy me." :redbullet:

-------

As Leanan'sidhe's kick landed, Michiko would realize what had struck her as odd about it.

It was the claws, which sunk easily halfway into the steel tonfas. The weapons began to hum, vibrating in Michiko's hands and sending tingles down to her elbows. Just like Leanan'sidhe's legs, in fact. They were vibrating and a blurring speed, creating a microscopic motion that allowed them to almost slice through the tonfas. If Michiko hadn't blocked properly, she could have very well lost an arm.

The carving was halted, but the blow carried through. Michiko was sent flying by the powerful, springy steel limbs. She thudded into the wall of a nearby building, her body leaving a cracked crater in the stonework overlaying the steel wall.

Sylvia cried out, concerned:

"Ms. Michiko!!!"

------

"Move? Aye." Philly agreed. "If we aren't quick enough to strike, we won't get to the tower before -"

:bluebullet: "You're going already? Why don't you stay? Don't you know you've got hell to pay?" :bluebullet:

KT and Cyrus' group looked to the maw of the alley, where a fairly small man stood. He wore a puffy vest, mittens, and snow boots, as well as a large scarf. His eyes were wide, round and unflinching. He had a fairly gray complexion a relatively squat, barrel-like physique. In place of a mouth he had what appeared to be a lamp, guarded behind an oval, grated glass window. The intensity of the light varied with his speech. On seeing him Philly clenched her jaw, steam pouring from its joints as her teeth ground.

"Jack Spriggan!" She hissed. She looked about. "If ye're here, then that can only... down, ye fools!!"

That was the only warning they had. Philly grabbed Jacob and Allen and dragged them to the ground as, behind them, there was a mechanical whir and a heavy thun-whumpf!! as a rocket blasted towards the group, careening through the alleyway from what appeared to be... a horse.

GamerScribe
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by GamerScribe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Adam's knuckles grew white within his gauntlets and his jaw clenched with barely reserved anger. So the solution, despite all signs to the contrary, was really as simple as smashing the glass and killing the mid-boss. He could hear the horrid scraping as his teeth ground together and the hammering of his heart all but deafened him as he pondered Selkie's words...

And pondered them. Rin and Angela and Ushi were with him... none of them had exactly been free of the sight of violence or death in their lifespans, but this was something much different than a fight. Much different than a mercy killing. This was the type of dilemma that took Adam's very bad day up another notch he hadn't been aware was on the dial to begin with.

It would be so easy. Did he have the resolve to go through with it? By all means; it had been on his mind the entire journey to meet with her. Hell, even now it seemed the most straightforward solution. If he focused he should be able to do it in one move. A quick chop through the preserved gray matter and down into the pillar into which she was set, taking care to sever wires and break delicate machinery in the process and exerting the powers of his devil fruit. Easy peasy.

Of course; easy choices were typically only easy in the moment. It was later on when the weight of such decisions caught up with a person. He sighed and an a hand through his hair, letting his jaw loosen and his back straighten.

"Right; well, seeing as our guide may become a hassle if we went with that option, and I'd rather not prove to our assembled company that I'm as bad of an influence as some of the other members of the crew what say you hurry up and give me the second option so I can make an informed decision instead of a spiteful and hasty one? Unless of course you would prefer that method, in which case I'd ask you give me a moment to shoo the young ladies present from this area.'

---

Allen loosed a string of rather colorful expletives as he was flattened beneath the semi-mechanical bulk of the mighty Philly.

Even as he was being bodied to the ground he loosed what he hoped was a gentle kick and sent both Francis and Sam to the ground in a heap.

"I know that souNFF....!" Francis began to say as contemplation set in and he rapidly turned the forward momentum from Allen's kick into a motion all his own as he curled into a ball on the ground, covering the varying fuses of his varying accessories and hoping that one of the heavy hitters would keep it well away from him.

Sam, for his part, took action as he was flung earthward; in his hand appeared a single knife which he flung towards the approaching form of this 'Jack Spriggan' fellow. He aimed for the legs. To cripple rather than kill, in case he was mistaken about them being an enemy.