Happy New Year, Collectivities!
Wishing you all a wonderful 2019!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

One Piece: New Romance Dawn (Part 2)

The realms where magic is the most prevalent. These are the realms of traditional fantasy but includes any setting where magic is the primary focus. Examples: LotR, Harry Potter, Dresden Files.

Moderators: Darkblade, Georgeanna

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Necromancer

Re: One Piece: New Romance Dawn (Part 2)

Post by khfan429 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:56 pm

"That would be a very definite 'yes'." K.T. replied, his arms folded and his eyes narrowing on Volg. "You know that this entire operation becomes significantly more difficult if I don't have all the variables to work with, correct?" He still wasn't even sure he'd prefer an easier option, but the idea that he didn't have all pertinent information at his disposal was starting to grate on his nerves a bit.

Ushi also turned her gaze to Volg, though her exact expression was impossible to determine from the helmet obscuring her face.

Pad_Mayhart
Scout
Scout
Class: Warrior

Post by Pad_Mayhart » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:21 am

ThreadWeaver wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:15 am
"Well, it's hard to tell by the way it is outside, and I think I've lost track of days, but I think it's the first week of May?" Starr offered. She wasn't entirely sure. She and a few of the other crew members had raided the booze supply about a week back when they'd gotten intolerably bored of the all the ice, and lost about a day or two.

There was a metallic scraping sound as Philly's teeth ground together.

"Six months?! Six months?! That bastard stole me whole crew and six months! I'll, I'll--!"

Steam began to pool outwards from Philly's jaw, not stopping. The mechanisms that composed it whined worryingly.
Cyrus watched the steam that filled up the corners of the sewers, listening to the workings in their new compatriots face whine like it would snap soon. He knew the pain of lost friends, the feeling that you had failed them in some way, that they had been taken away from you.

He looked up the ceiling as their confines shook with from the force of something. He knew enough about his crew to know that there was nowhere they could go, that they weren't either the source of the reason that everything was shaking. What did he know about what was going on? His crew was probably causing most of the noise. That they had been targeted specifically for being new to port. That this entire place was mechanical. There were cyborgs everywhere. There was an idol with illusory skin and and a mechanical body that everyone loved, and no one seemed to know that she wasn't actually there. The stake that he had used spread like tendrils across Philly's body and there were two colors, blue and red. Oddly enough, blue was the bad one here. Then at the center of all of this, a "him".

With a sigh, Cyrus rubbed his temple. Things felt as if they had been going on for a long time now, far too long for how little had actually happened. He needed information and the person who could provide it to him sounded like they were about to break their own jaw in frustration. She was no use like this. He frowned and stepped towards her, then slapped her across the face. "Calm the fuck down and quit your whining." Then he grabbed her collar, "I'm getting real god damn tired of every port we stop end having some kind of psycho villain in it. So I wanna get this handled real quick, so I can relax for awhile before I have to deal with the next lunatic. So, who the fuck is he?" Cyrus threw an incredulous pronunciation on the last word, as if he were mocking some kind of mythical boogeyman.
"Only the insane equate pain, with success." -Cheshire Cat

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by ThreadWeaver » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:34 am

The gears in Philly's jaw ceased their motion as she looked at the hand gripping her collar. She looked Cyrus in the eye.

"Machalai. The secret boss of this city and, last I remembered, one of the Shichibukai."

That cast a pall of silence through the room. That word alone was enough to make one take notice. Shichibukai. One of the seven warlords of the sea, said to rule undaunted save for the reign of the Yonkou.

"He sits in that damn tower of his, plottin' and schemin' and draggin' pirates down to these depths, trapping 'em here in this prop city.

Pad_Mayhart
Scout
Scout

Post by Pad_Mayhart » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:42 am

Cyrus let go of her collar and turned away from her, walking along the sewers. "That's where the Captain'll be then." Cyrus slid his hands into his pockets as he walked along the tunnels. Cyrus called back over his shoulder, fixing each of the people with him with a stern glare, "Come on, you rats! It's time to work."

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:52 am

Philly watched as you proceeded onward.

"Wait... didn't ye hear what I was sayin'? Ye can't just bum rush that tower! Me an' mah crew tried! We couldn't get off the bloody ground floor!"

Meanwhile Cyrus' crewmates followed him on. Starr offered Philly an apologetic shrug.

"Sorry! Dad said jump, so we're jumping! Come with if you want?"

The crew followed on with Cyrus, Philly trailing confusedly behind. The path through the sewers was leading them downwards, deeper rather than upward. The halls and tunnels rumbled as they went, and several times they came on a path that looked like it should go forward but instead was blocked off, forcing them to take a bend.

As they progressed, they began to smell... cooked food? Vegetables, sausages, soup... Soon they came out into a large open room.

The same room that, oddly enough, contained the rest of the pirate crew.

GamerScribe
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by GamerScribe » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:25 am

Looking to Rasputin's shrug did nothing to aid Sam's decision in replying to Rin. The girl, while monstrously strong and competent, seemed uncertain. She was clearly not completely content. Was it with them, or herself? Were they facing forgiveness for doing what was asked of them, or reprimand for causing her stress? Would she cast aside her pride and accept that they were on her side, or would she smack them for bugging her? With a crossing of the arms and a raising of the brow he slowly came to realize that he was hoping for the former. It would put a nice bow on the day's events.

"Fine." He said. Real way with words, that Sam.

Erving was less on the fence about it. More prepared to give the girl the benefit of the doubt, even if meant he would wind up jumping off buildings and hitching a ride on robots and face-planting into sewers. Real pushover, that Erving.

"Yeah, sure thing. What's up?" He offered a smile that would meet her when she turned back to them after glancing at Angela.

---

"A... aye, sir?!" Mouse squeaked at Cyrus' sudden focus and surety. His heels clicked together and he stood with his back straight, looking like a deer caught in the headlights. From the sounds of things they were going to be hunting down all the trouble in this underwater prison and beating it into submission as fast as possible. He wasn't built for that. Wasn't even remotely ready for a fight. His mouth felt dry, his hands felt clammy, he was pretty sure he would be full-on freaking out if not for the fact Cyrus' commandment had spooked him into step.

"What're we working on, exactly?" Vick asked, not having been following the plot very well. Like a collaborative writer who had let a post sit for too long he was dumbfounded and lost, uncertain of what was going on, a wee bit anxious and quite disgruntled.

"Yep." Leeroy said, giving Vick a shove. He too wasn't 100% on what they were doing, but he got the gist that they WERE doing something, which was the sort of kick in the teeth he needed to start moving. Big bads, action, relaxing. It was the very basics of a plan and he was very okay with having no more info than that.

---

Adam pinched his brow at K.T.'s continued queries and waited for a bowl to be doled out to him, sipping at it thoughtfully as he tried to think of a way to get Volg to quit wingeing and start offering pertinent information. He'd come up with a plan, such as it was, and really just needed people to get to work. Eat, then go, don't do all of...

Footsteps. Someone was approaching. Multiple someones. Tilting his head he listened more carefully and seemed to relax a fraction more. Clearing his throat he turned back and called out clearly;

"Come on then, hurry up, you lot; grab some grub so we can get going. It's about time to shut this place down."
Image Signature by Sammy, Team Zeus Icon by Forge, Avatar by MiseryGK

AdamantSky
Scout
Scout
Class: Mage

Post by AdamantSky » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:53 am

The pause between them felt like it could last for half a year if she allowed it to. The only sound in the battle-scarred room at this point was his cape inexplicably fluttering through the air, given wings by some unseen force. Why was every enemy she met some kind of psycho control freak out to make everyone do their bidding?

Slavery.

Wonderland.

And now whatever mechanical bullshido this bloke was up to.

Well, if they all chose to follow the same pattern, then they were all going to meet the same fate.

Broadening her stance, Laura crouched so low that her knees almost reached her ears. Muscles honed over countless hours of intensive training were pulled tight like steel suspension cables drawn to their limit. She held this position for but a moment before shooting up towards the roof with a crack many times louder than a high-powered gunshot.

The metal ceiling immediately buckled beneath the force as she ripped through it, soaring high into the sky above Machalai. Raising her left leg as high as it would possibly go, she flexed the powerful muscles of her calf and thigh before slashing down to unleash what was almost certainly the largest Rankyaku that she had yet to produce.

Warping from its normal, crescent shape into what appeared to be a burning, azure bird of prey; it swooped down upon the tower at blistering speeds, it's power surely enough to demolish the loathsome structure completely.

"Rokushiki Technique: Blazing Eagle Storm Kick!"

Pad_Mayhart
Scout
Scout

Post by Pad_Mayhart » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:34 am

Cyrus looked around the switching station. It was a new sight to him, but it seemed like it would be proper salvage to anyone who wanted to use it that way. It seemed weird that anything that took this amount of effort to build would be abandoned on a ship with limited space and he was even more surprised to see that K.T. hadn't stripped any of the spare mechanics that were left around.

Adam had noticed him and invite them to join in some food. Who was he to refuse a meal, especially when he'd need his strength soon. He made his way to whatever pot there was and grabbed a bowl, ladling the soup into the bowl, then grabbed at least two-to-many sausages and setting them into the bowl with the soup. He sipped the soup out of the side of the bowl as he circled the room to get into proper sight of the group and took a bite of sausage. Through a full mouth he said, "You guys know we have to get to that big tower in the middle, right?"

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:19 am

Rin pressed her fingers together - all thirty of them - in a fidget. She glanced back over to Angela, who huffed authoritatively, then back to the group before her.

And then Rin bowed down on her knees in front of them.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't being fair to you guys earlier. I just... I was getting so sick of being responsible and stuff whenever Laura flies off and does something nuts and... I guess I got jealous. I wanted to have fun and be the nuts one for once. But you guys got dragged into it and that wasn't right so... sorry."

------

"Oh, no, dear! I'm something far more potent." The Leanansidhe said, pressing her advantage on Michiko. She swiped at the martial artist who was weighed down by Sylvia, her fingers ending in razor-sharp claws...

One of which was, surprisingly, blocked by Sylvia and her spoon.

"Puh-please don't be so mean to Ms. Michiko!!" The woman said.

------

Starr and the rest of Cyrus' group went off to find some grub, as well as show off Philly to the rest of the crew that had stranded themselves down there. As Cyrus and everyone else began to pressure Volg, the man began to sweat all the more.

"Ah, no... is not that Volg is trying to be the hiding man. Except he is not telling you the things. But is only because is hard to explain. The biggest part is -"

:redbullet: The most important point is what Volg hasn't told you yet: That Machalai isn't even human. He's not actually in that tower. And that's because Machalai is the ship itself. :redbullet:

Red electricity crackled over the consoles and the old transformers in the station, staticked through the old speakers in the room. Only Cyrus would recognize the voice - that of Selkie, Machalai's claimed "daughter".

------

As the prominent Rankyaku splashed down upon the tower, Machalai faced it with a manic glee.

"Yes! Yes, Dullahan! Don't you see, her body is perfe-"

The cutting wave stormed down into the top floor of the tower, carving into it - and then fractured. Flecks of it sprayed off like stinging droplets of water against a rock, and sliced into the surrounding square. As the rubble on the tower cleared, Laura would see a shimmering dome...

And the cloven form of Machalai, circuits sparking in the robot's body, bisected down to the hip.

But not for long. Small droids, like ants, poured from ports in the floor of the tower, flew from the 'sky' like locusts. They gathered upon him, reforming the robot carapace, and began to rebuild the tower.

Machalai stepped forward, the ants forming metallic steps under him as he walked up to where Laura was.

"Yes... your body is perfect! Finally, the last piece for my grand design!"

Pad_Mayhart
Scout
Scout

Post by Pad_Mayhart » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:48 am

Cyrus looked up to the static-coated voice of Selkie. "Your dad is the ship? Is the tower his heart or something? Does he have a control center? Is he a Cyborg like Philly?" There was a lot of information that they needed to move forward and Cyrus would rather not waste time collecting it.

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:54 am

While Ushi had taken note of the emergence of Cyrus's group, nodding and mooing happily in greeting, K.T. kept his focus squarely on Volg, determined to learn whatever it was he was witholding...

Which only made the reveal from an unfamiliar and disembodied voice all the more startling. K.T. stood stock-still for a brief moment, followed by a rapidly twitching eye. Ushi, unsure of exactly what was coming, hopped down off of the gadgeteer's head, not wanting to be too close in case he exploded or something. It sounded like a silly idea, but given that he was now shaking violently she wouldn't be entirely surprised.

"Finally." he whispered, pulling his goggles down over his eyes in an unsuccessful attempt to contain the tears of joy gushing forth. "The time is now."

With a sweeping motion, K.T. both retrieved and adorned what appeared to be a metallic harness that covered his arms, legs, and torso. A circular knob sat in the middle of the chest, green and covered in lines that looked as if they were meant to light up. The arm coverings had what appeared to be crude hands at the end, while the leg coverings stopped at the ankles. And although he was still shaking violently, there was a manic, confident grin on his face that suggested it was due to a difficult-to-contain level of excitement.

"Just tell me the best place to hit first, and the V-0 and I'll tear it apart." he instructed the mysterious speaker lady. "And the next if need be, and the next, until this entire structure's been re-purposed to our liking and I've shown this Machalai... individual... how true genius works!!!"

Sighing, Ushi shuffled away from K.T. and into the larger group. Frankly, attempting to keep him some semblance of "in line" had proven exhausting, and at this point either someone else was going to talk him out of this or he was going to just go do him. Push came to shove she could always try to complete whatever technical work needed to be done while K.T. got into a pissing contest born out of an obvious need to overcompensate in the face of more advanced craftsmanship than what he was currently capable of. No skin off her nose.

AdamantSky
Scout
Scout

Post by AdamantSky » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:54 am

"Well, nothin' ya said there was untrue, Laura noted, using her geppo to stay airborne above the tower, "but yer goin' to have to get in line, cause there's a good few blokes out there who're after my 'gran' design'."

She honestly wasn't too surprised that he had managed to survive that. The bosses almost never went down in one hit unless they were complete trash. Given that he'd apparently built all of this, that seemed unlikely.

Still, that was annoying.

She had basically inflicted a fight-ending amount of damage on him there, and those little bugs had just rebuilt him good as new. How was she going to counter that, exactly?

Maybe by giving them a distraction.

Launching herself off the hardened air at her heels, Laura soared down past where Machalai was standing, straight to the midpoint of the great tower. Lashing out with one of her legs, she slammed it into the metal tower, a rankyaku erupting point-blank against it in a maneuver that would surely rend the structure in two if left unopposed.

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:29 am

Laura's strike hit the tower - and fractured harmlessly against a glowing field of energy. She found the source points easily enough - two of Dullahan's hands, separate from his body, projecting the field between them.

"My apologies, fair maiden! But this tower is under my Knightly Protection at the behest of my great lord Machalai."

At mention of the man's name Laura might look up to see the man freefalling towards her, the locusts billowing behind him like a black cape. Ports opened on his shoulder and blasts of blue light fired off at her, preceded by an arctic chill. A freeze ray, of the same variety that had hit Urand and Rin.

"Cold Shoulder!!"

------

:redbullet: The tower is where he has placed the seat of his consciousness currently. He's focused on fighting your captain there, and maintaining the facade of Nautilus. I handle all of the background tasks - fabrication, maintenance, energy production, that sort of thing - while he has control. And it's less that he's a cyborg. I mean he really is the ship. He's an intelligence built into this giant robot that went haywire after it took catastrophic damage. :redbullet:

The electricity buzzed over the speakers, lending static to the words. Off in the old towers it seemed as though a humanoid form was trying to form out of the arcing electricity, but it was vague and unfocused.

AdamantSky
Scout
Scout

Post by AdamantSky » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:42 am

Laura frowned when a force field managed to halt her attack, the voice of that knight from earlier offering its apologies. She had forgotten all about him after everything with that bearded asshole. Were they going to fight her two-on-one now? That could make things difficult, especially with those weird, glow-y shields of Duelahound's.

She didn't have much time to contemplate on this, however, for Machalai had taken the initiative by firing some kind of...glowing shit at her. It was an instinctive dodge for her, and she was certainly glad she did when it encased the ground beneath her in solid ice!

"Eek!" she yelped, staring down at the ice. "That'd give me some right proper glass cutters, to be sure!"

Kicking off the air again, she soared towards the massive metal monstrosity in front of her. Her geppo no longer resembled kicking off the air -- it was more akin to skating through it at supersonic speeds.

"Geppo: Milky Way!"

Extending her arms out and slightly behind her until they formed a broad, wing-like V-shape, Laura shot directly towards Machalai. A slight grin was creeping along her face.

"Lessee see how ya deal with this--ROKUSHIKI TECHNIQUE: SOARING NOVA!"

The air surrounding her outstretched arms became visible as cloud-like gas, shaping themselves into wings--the same kind of 'hard air' that she encased her heels in when using geppo. As she neared him, she kicked off the sky one last time to propel herself forward at such speeds that the hardened air began to glow hot. When she at last reached him, she slashed her arms forward as they ignited into blinding flames.

Hopefully this would take care of those annoying metal bugs of his.

Pad_Mayhart
Scout
Scout

Post by Pad_Mayhart » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:51 am

Cyrus sipped some more soup, "If you handle all of his secondary functions, why don't you just shut them down? Without them, he'll surely die, right?"

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:14 am

"Also, what's the quickest feasible route to the tower from here?" K.T. chimed in, having added the "feasible" condition hoping that it would prevent the voice attempting to send him through buildings or something similar that would ultimately cost more time than it would save.

"I'm sorry, I was going to stay out of this, but are you seriously going to ignore the staggering implications that this entire ship is controlled by an artificial intelligence?!?" Ushi grunted, at a loss for how such a monumental revelation could be lost on him. "With apparent subsystems capable of controlling the secondary functions to boot?!? We should be asking who designed it, for what purpose, ALSO HOW!"

"It's hardly our first encounter with artificial intelligence, and we already knew it was a big ship. Big ship controlled by an artificial intelligence? Surprising, but hardly new. And in any case, those questions remain of secondary importance to shutting it down. Hell if I get a close enough look I may be able to discern some of those answers myself. But I guess if you want to take half the fun out of it, that works too." he concluded with a shrug. "What she said."

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:31 am

There's a pause while Selkie processes everything said to her. Then the crackle picks up over the speakers again.

:redbullet: I can't just stop. My actions are... I can do little things, while his attention is focused on the city. Make little things, shift walls, flicker some lights. Communicate where he has blind spots. But I can't just shut myself down. It's... but maybe you all could? If I led you to me, you could probably find a way to, um, over-ride that. Yes, that could work. Because while he has full control over the tower... well, he's literally indestructible. :redbullet:

Then, to KT and Ushi:

:redbullet: It's hard to say. I don't have access to all the records, and a lot of the logs have been corrupted. But... there's the name Vegapunk. Does that mean anything to either of you? :redbullet:

------

Possibly to Laura's surprise, Machalai didn't deal with the attack at all. The cleaving strike ripped him in half, sending slag and scraps in a shower towards the tower. But at the same time his hands latched onto her throat, like vices.

"Do not worry my dear. You will be safely in our grip soon."

And then a black cloud, flickering with blue light, spilled out of his mouth and into Laura's, pouring into her mouth and nose, down her throat, to her lungs.

Her body would become sluggish, uncooperative. As though something was actively resisting her efforts to move, marionette strings holding her back.

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:09 am

"Only a lot." K.T. replied, holding his chin thoughtfully. "If we are to assume that the Dr. Vegapunk created this vessel and the intelligence that guides it... which is hardly a great logical leap given the data... that would actually explain a great deal. Naturally someone with Government funding and resources would be able to construct something of such magnitude, and said someone would need to be possessed of a practically transcendent level of intellectual prowess. More to the point... Ushi, do you know what this means?"

"You're about to have a spastic episode again?" she asked uncertainly.

"If we can disable this ship, a Dr. Vegapunk-created ship presumably doing the bidding of the World Government? Do you know what that is going to do for our reputations? And perhaps more importantly do you realize what I could do with even a fraction of the materials this ship could provide?!? I could have a fully functional Exo-Enhancement V-1 up and running in... I dunno, months? Weeks, even?!? Who knows, who can know until we start ripping things apart to find out!!!" With that same manic grin, he looked around at the rest of the crew, almost as if he'd just remembered that he and Ushi were not the only ones present. "Seriously. Tower. Need to go. Now. Why are we still here again?"

Ushi sighed, shaking her head wearily. At least he was using first-person plural pronouns... assuming he hadn't snapped and started using the royal "we", that was a small sign of progress.

GamerScribe
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by GamerScribe » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:19 am

Rin was proud and powerful and prominent in keeping their captain in check... at least insofar as anyone was really capable of such a thing. And she was pleading forgiveness in such a drastic fashion that the stern look on Sam's face slipped away to be replaced by one of mild embarassment. Erving, on the other hand, smiled brighter and gave a small snort through his nostrils that he just barely didn't manage to contain before promptly covering it with a cough.

"Get up." Sam said as he shook his head and uncrossed his arms.

"C'mon, get up; this is too much. It's fine. We accept your apology. Right?" He turned to the other two and nodded down to Rin for emphasis. Erving nodded back and chimed in;

"Oh; yeah, sure. I mean water, bridge, the whole shabang. I mean; other than a little... actually probably a lot, of bruising we're all pretty much okay. If exhausted." He reached out to help Rin up.

"Besides; I'd say we succeeded in doing our job, mostly, and you certainly acted like the nuts one for once... so I'd say this was a success on all fronts." Not to mention considering the state of the place it was really only a matter of time before they wound up fighting droids or citizens or the ship itself or some kind of moustache-twirling villain, or a naval officer or... something. Maybe some kind of mecha-horse. Hah, that would be something. He snorted again at the thought of how silly it would be to find and fight a robot horse mecha deep under the ocean.

---

Mouse listened in to the meeting of the major players with horrified intrigue, his hands shaking and his eyes darting from person to person to speakerbox... The badguy was the ship, and the ship was the badguy and they were supposed to shut him down. And that was all well and good, except;

"nce.. dwn... we uh... drn?" He muttered, barely audible. Thinking he was choking on his soup Vick gave him a hearty slap on the back that resulted in... well;

"Yaaaowh!" Mouse yelled and jumped and spilled soup on his arm and wound up elbowing into Leeroy who in turn gave a reactive shove which bounced him into Vick who then pushed him forward so that he was standing betwixt K.T. and Cyrus. Right up by the move-makers.

His heart leapt into his throat and his eyes snapped shut and he spoke wordlessly for a half second before squeaking.

"O..once we shut him down wouldn't we drown? At least, eventually. I..i..i mean does this thing have manual steering or are we intended to put our trust into a voice over a box that we don't really know to steer us home and let us go? What do you get out of it? A..and uh.. um. What does that inde... indestructible stuff... mean..?" He felt like he was going to pass out from anxiety, being so pushy with his questions in front of so many people who intimidated the ever-loving hell out of him. In point of fact, K.T., who was normally one of the slightly less intimidating of the intimidating people was now scaring him the most for his zeal towards disassembling a vessel they were all still inside of.

---

So the woman speaking was Machalai's daughter, and Machalai himself wasn't just the ship's Captain, but the ship itself and he was invincible and they were supposed to take over the tower and make him -vincible and then shut him down. And the Machalai-ship had been created by the same government super-scientist they had heard about before which made it potentially an exceedingly powerful and valuable resource. That all tracked. Mostly. In the most absurd way it could, but considering his life he figured that was the only way it could all make sense.

"Good questions. Let's have answers." He muttered, leaning over to K.T. and speaking as low as he was able while still being audible to the younger man.

"Once the tower is down, I want to be sure we have at least nominal control of this thing. If Ms. Crackle here is against her father-ship, that is all well and good, but seeing as I know nil about her we need to be sure YOU wind up deciding where this thing goes. I am very tired of feeling trapped and want back aboard our ship, or the shore soonest, understood?"
Image Signature by Sammy, Team Zeus Icon by Forge, Avatar by MiseryGK

Pad_Mayhart
Scout
Scout

Post by Pad_Mayhart » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:42 am

"She has one point on her side from me, she gave me these." Cyrus produced the metallic stake that he had been gifted, "It's what let me free Philly over there, she was trapped under Malachai's control." Cyrus looked back over his shoulder at Philly. The questions the crew was asking so far were good ones, but things were starting to click into place. Were they the first ones that Selkie had asked to do this? There was no way, right? Someone who felt this strongly wouldn't just bide their time and he knew that Philly and her crew had tried to assault the tower before. He wasn't sure who to trust, how to feel, but he knew that there were parts that would need to be done no matter which way things split out.

"If this is an underwater vessel, it has to have a way to get underwater and above water, right? If we find that, we should be able to get this hunk of metal above water. Then we'll need the ship in sailing order, so that we can make a fast break for it, so someone is gonna have to do that," He looked to Starr and the rest of the rats, "Can we trust you lot to take care of it?"

Cyrus didn't really wait for an answer, it wasn't so much a question as an order with an inflection, but then her turned to K.T. "You're like, some kind of tech wizard, right? Selkie here knows some shit, but she doesn't have all the info like she just said. Would it be possible for you to break into those records she was talking about?"