Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

One Piece: New Romance Dawn (Part 2)

The realms where magic is the most prevalent. These are the realms of traditional fantasy but includes any setting where magic is the primary focus. Examples: LotR, Harry Potter, Dresden Files.

Moderators: Darkblade, Georgeanna

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

One Piece: New Romance Dawn (Part 2)

Post by ThreadWeaver » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:08 am

(Part 1 of this RP is still on RPGFO, which may be lost to the ether. PM myself or any of the old RPers (to be listed here) for a copy / summary of the old topic)

((Since I was story manager, sorta, I will make my last post in the previous topic the first post here. If anyone else posted in it following me, please copy / paste your post here.))

-----------

Gutierrez was a monster. His hand lashed out, striking to intercept Adam before his dodge to the side, and had already pulled back and struck out for him again as he skid along the ground, leaping over Adam's strike as he lashed out with his own. It wasn't as though he had anticipated Adam's tactic; rather, his ability to react and act was just at such a level that it seemed to be precognizant.

His strike, four fingers this time, was about to land when his eyes widened suddenly. He kicked out instead, his foot connecting clumsily with Adam's shoulder, and pushed himself back and out of the way of Cyrus' swords. He skipped back when he landed to disperse momentum, eyeing the two warily.

"You two... your movements improved all of a sudden."

----

Rin's eyes narrowed as a man she recognized from Salona stepped out to oppose them. He was strong, and fast. Laura would not be able to put a stop to him anytime soon - not if she wanted to beat him, Bosmil, and stop whatever the gas-man was planning.

"You guys get lost," she said to the Dulos that had accompanied them. "I'm going to need to take care of this guy, and I don't want you around to get hurt."

"Why don't you leave him to us instead?" Dulo Prime asked. "With the forty of us left, we could stall him for a bit. Definitely long enough for all of you to get away from him."

"No!" She said. "As your boss, I'm giving you one order. After this, I'm not your boss anymore! So that means no more getting yourselves killed just to save me! Got that?!"

“But we're already dead, and we want to help…” one of the Dulos spoke up.

I DON’T CARE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO! JUST DON’T GO THROWING YOUR LIVES AWAY, YOU JERKS! NOW GET OUT OF HERE! THAT'S MY FINAL ORDER!

The Dulos looked at each other, stunned. Sulking, they bowed their heads and left.

"So whadda we do now?" One of them said as they wandered off down a hall.

"I dunno. She said she wasn't our boss anymore. What does that even mean?"

"Who knows? Not us..." One of them moaned. The Dulos turned the corner, and vanished.

Rin turned to where Laura was, and stepped in front of her sister.

"That goes for you too, Laura." Rin said, expression unreadable. "Leave this meathead to me, and get rid of that Wonderland."

Pad_Mayhart
Scout
Scout
Class: Warrior

Re: One Piece: New Romance Dawn (Part 2)

Post by Pad_Mayhart » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:00 pm

There was no rebound from his sword strike. A rather unfortunate thing, after all he had been hoping to kill this prick. "Tch."

Cyrus let his blades fall back into a resting position at his side "Figures you'd start paying attention now." The blonde began to step lightly towards Gutierrez, blue orbs focused in their entirety on his being. "But, if you think that's something, just watch this."

He took one hefty step forward, then kicked off closing the gap in a single moment. He brought Veinhunter forward, swinging with his right arm at his opponents midsection. His body began to rotate like a top as he spun, bringing Cloudcraver around in a second quick strike.

It was a rather flamboyant and overall wide strike. A perfect thing for masking another's attack.
"Only the insane equate pain, with success." -Cheshire Cat

AdamantSky
Scout
Scout
Class: Mage

Post by AdamantSky » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:08 am

Laura paused when Rin told her to go ahead.

She knew the reason. They had to stop Bosmil from releasing that Wonderland. They had to save their friends. It was what they had promised to do, and they didn't have much time left.

With that said, however, she really didn't like the idea of leaving her little sister alone to face this mountain of muscle. She might be strong, but he was both strong and fast. Speed was something Rin still had trouble with, she knew. After everything that had been said back on the ship weeks before about her promise to protect her, would it really be right to run off and let her face this behemoth?

"Surely you aren't considerating this child's request, Laura D. Alden?" The thunderous voice of Forte roared. "She is but a little girl!"

Laura glanced back at her sister for a moment, seeming genuinely torn for once on what she should do next. It was a seeming conflict between two promises. She couldn't break either one of them. "Rin..."

The small spit-bubble that had been growing at the corner of San Gwena's mouth popped and she stood at attention once more.

"So, you're the silent type, huh? Well, let me give you a word of advice: Give up. You can't defeat me, and you certainly can't defeat Bosmil." She warned, stepping slightly closer to her opponent.

Now that he perhaps had time to observe his surroundings, K.T. might notice that, oranges aside, the room was literally stuffed with blood packs like those you might see in a hospital. San Gwena, in fact, had several tied to her belt at the moment.

"Opposing Bosmil is hopeless," she sighed, knowing the fate of all those that had tried before. Still, why'd she have to be the one to deal with this?

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Necromancer

Post by khfan429 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:58 am

The vein on the back of K.T.'s head was rapidly growing larger and larger, as was the sweatdrop behind Ushi-chan's. Silent? Really? Even asleep she was pretty sure that K.T. couldn't be considered silent by a wide margin.

K.T., on the other hand, was becoming more and more irked by this woman's flippant attitude. He noted the number of blood packs throughout the room, assuming they must be important to some extent, but was currently unwilling to divert any extra attention to them right now. Maybe she was just anemic or something. "Hope is for people who lack skill and confidence to know things will get done." he boasted. "Even if I can't defeat Bosmil, I know someone who can and will, thanks in no part to my own underappreciated genius. And as for you..."

K.T. momentarily fell silent, genuinely looking at his prospective opponent for the first time since he had entered the room... at which point an ever familiar grin came over his face. "You may have a point. Your beauty alone makes my heart stop beating." he remarked with a disarming (at least, disarming considering his previous disposition) smile. "Do we really have to fight? How does a lovely lady such as yourself get tangled up in a depraved scheme like this at all?"

Ushi-chan simply planted her head against the floor, resisting the urge to let out a scream of frustration. This was just turning into one stupid roadblock after another! Maybe she could crawl past the woman, get to the distribution controls, and shut the whole thing down herself while K.T. was being a moron...

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:04 am

Laura hadn't even finished saying Rin's name when the girl picked her up, holding her level to the ground like a javelin.

"NO TIME. POISON. GO STOP." She said, and hurled Laura through the air and several walls.

At the end of her flight path, Laura would begin to pick up the faint smell of sulfur in the air.

Meanwhile, back in the lower room, Rin clapped her hands together and stared at the holes Laura had made. A walkway she'd passed through let out a heavy groan, split from its bracings and thundered to the floor.

"She'll probably be fine." Rin said. She turned back to the much-muscled man.

"Hey, mister - how do you feel about soup?"

GamerScribe
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by GamerScribe » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:55 am

Adam's teeth ground against each-other as he felt his initial strike knocked back, his body fighting to respond to the follow-up of his foe in time and not coming close. Thankfully he didn't have to block as his opponent's movements were limited by Cyrus' sudden intervention.

Getting back to his feet the noble warrior grinned and nodded in acknowledgement of their enemy's words. "Still just warming up." He offered in reply, his eyes flicking to Cyrus as the swordsman moved. Gutierrez was preternaturally quick and powerful but his kick had been awkward and rushed and scarcely hurt. He was better than them, but he was still wary of taking direct hits from them, and that boded well. Grunting with effort Adam tore into the sheet-metal plating at his feet, using raw kinetic force at impact points to tear up shards of thin metal.

As Cyrus unleashed his horizontal strike Adam ran up just behind him, his body lowered and poised to hide behind the broader man. His arms flung out to either side and the shredded metal screamed with kinetic force, ripping through the air with harsh whistles and blocking a quick escape to either side.

Picking up pace he waited for the moment that Cyrus leaned forwards into the strike and then allowed himself to tumble... Adam's shoulder hit Cyrus' back and he flipped up and over, his body's momentum flinging him into the air before he came down with a powerful heel-kick at Gutierrez' shoulder.
Image Signature by Sammy, Team Zeus Icon by Forge, Avatar by MiseryGK

AdamantSky
Scout
Scout

Post by AdamantSky » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:16 am

"Eh?" San Gwena's cheeks went a very thin shade of red. It was all they could manage, really. "Did you just call me lovely?"

It was had been a fair while since a man had shown attraction to her, confined in this factory as she was, forced to serve that wretched man. It was honestly rather touching.

"E-even if you call me lovely, though, it doesn't matter!" She shook off her embarrassment rather unconvincingly. "For the sake of my sister, I'll kill anyone that opposes Bosmil."

Raising a hand, she slammed her palm down on one of the spikes lining her shoulders. Her palm was cleanly pierced and blood gushed forth...and quickly formed into the shape of a pair of pistols.

"If you won't surrender, then I'll have to kill you where you stand."

Squeezing off several shots, the high-speed blood bullets rushed towards K.T...and completely missed him.

Every single one of them. By quite a wide margin, at that.

It seemed like she was actually quite a horrible shot.

"Well, shit."

"Ugh..." Laura groaned, rubbing her head amidst the remnants of the last wall she had smashed through.

Well, that decided which promise she would be upholding today, she supposed. If Rin was determined to fight this guy, she didn't have a right to interfere, given everything that was at risk right now.

"Okay! Bosmil, here I come!" She bolted to her feet and without another word charged off in the direction the sour smell was emanating from.

"Soup?" Forte cocked his head to the side, his eyes finally torn from the hole the six armed girl had created with her own sibling. Perhaps he had underestimated this child.

"Indubitably! Chili, vegetable soup, SOUPED UP chicken soup, oriental noodles..." He began listing off his various interests, all while striking various poses that put his formidable musculature on full display.

It was all very manly.

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:07 am

Although she had been contemplating making a move for the Wonderland controls herself, Ushi-chan found herself falling over in shock when San Gwena seemed to respond positively to K.T.'s flirting. It was as if some fundamental truth of the universe had been proven false, and now her entire concept of reality was in question!

Distracted as she was, she still recognized that San Gwena wasn't planning to back down. And with K.T. in Flirt Mode, there was no guarantee he could handle whatever she was going to throw at him. Springing into action, Ushi-chan leaped towards her friend, colliding with his head and sending him crashing back to reality... though it seemed he might still not have enough time to react.

Fortunately, it seemed he didn't have to, as the shots had all missed. Eyes narrowing, K.T. nodded in thanks to Ushi-chan, only to toss her aside, the young Bull-Frog squealing in surprise. He couldn't have her getting hurt by this conflict.

Hand plunging into his pocket, K.T. pulled out a metal tube, switching it out with the one already on his wrist in the blink of an eye. She had mentioned doing this for the sake of her sister... that suggested a hostage situation, or else that her sister was in trouble and Bosmil had promised her something. Either way, the shrapnel launcher didn't seem the best option in this situation.

"I truly would rather avoid having to fight you." he said, raising his arm and pointing his newly equipped launcher at San Gwena. "You said you're doing this for your sister? What does that mean? Perhaps I can help."

Despite his decision to try reasoning with her, he remained on edge and cautious. While the blood bullets had missed, there was no guarantee that her control over them had ended.

AdamantSky
Scout
Scout

Post by AdamantSky » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:36 am

"You can't help," Gwena explained. "With the slightest thought, Bosmil could end her life."

K.T. had been right not to let down his guard. The globules of blood that had missed him had impacted the walls...and rebounded off of them in random directions. She had fired off six shots from both of her twin pistols for a dozen total, which were now bouncing wildly throughout the room. One came careening straight towards Gwena herself, in fact.

Raising the hand that she had stabbed moments earlier, the blood impacted the wound and was instantly reabsorbed into her. "Because she's now a part of him."

Any action she took against her Gaseous captor would result in her sister's death before she could get off even one attack. The people he possessed were completely at his mercy like that...

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:13 am

Eyes widening at the sight of the blood globs bouncing all around the room, Ushi-chan went scrambling for cover, hiding behind a crate. There was likely no getting to the controls now for her, not with these things ricocheting around.

Frowning, K.T. began sidestepping the bullets, keeping his arm trained on San Gwena as best he could. While blood didn't ordinarily bounce this much, it was still possible to calculate a rough trajectory of where they would rebound... not perfectly down to the last milimeter, but he had enough maneuverability that he didn't really need perfection.

"I'm sorry." he said with genuine sincerity when she said her sister was a part of Bosmil. "Unfortunately, that means we have reached an impasse. I can't in good conscience allow the Wonderland to be distributed. I hope you can forgive me for this."

He could sympathize with her decision. Were he in her place, and it was one of his siblings at Bosmil's mercy, he had no doubt that he would choose the same. But he was not in the same position, and saving one life couldn't justify the lives that would be lost if Bosmil succeeded.

With no small amount of difficulty, he squeezed the trigger in his hand, firing a net towards Gwena from the tube on his wrist.

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:14 am

"Warmed up? But I'm already hot as mi abuela's chile rellenos, amigos." Gutierrez said, running low to the ground as he dashed towards Cyrus. He came in low, below the horizontal sweep of the sword, his hand running along the ground as he brought it up, four fingers poised to strike at Cyrus from below.

The had almost made contact, brushing against the fabric of the swordsman's shirt, when Adam's kick caught Gutierrez in the small of the back. Their enemy cursed and dove to disperse the force of the blow. Only two fingers grazed Cyrus' skin, and two holes appeared on his stomach. Gutierrez slid away between Cyrus' legs, rolling back to his feet behind the duo.

Cyrus would find that he had suddenly lost his talent to sharpen a sword. Adam, though is blow had connected, would feel as though he'd just tried to kick the trunk of a tree, rather than a man.

Gutierrez bestowed upon them both a smoldering glare.

"You two are not the typical pirates, are you? If I had to place you, you would already be on that level, you know? Frightening people like you... Don't you know your age ended two years ago?"

-----

As Forte shifted between his most recent set of poses, he would notice that Rin had taken the opportunity to close the distance between them. She leapt, right fists poised to punch.

"Good. Because for a little while after this, that's all you're going to be able to eat."

And Rin struck, swinging as hard as she could for the man's head.

-----

The path of Bosmil's scent, seeming to appear as a line of yellow smoke to Laura's nose, led her to a large, sturdy iron door at the end of a hallway. Knocking her knuckles against it would reveal that it was incredibly thick, but the smell was coming from behind it all the same.

AdamantSky
Scout
Scout

Post by AdamantSky » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:08 pm

He was nimble.

And had good reflexes, to boot.

All of her blood bullets had failed to score even a single hit against him. That was to be expected of someone that managed to make it so deep into the factory, however. This allowed her to analyze his physical abilities and work out the property strategy based upon them.

Watching him prepare to fire something in her direction, Gwena quickly sliced a line along her arm. When the net came flying towards her, she swept her arm across her body and cleaves it clean in two. "Cuthroat."

She then slashed her arm in the opposite direction, and a swarm of dagger-shaped streaks of blood came flying towards K.T., even as the bouncing bullets continued to make him dodge.

Forte's handlebrow furrowed when his far smaller opponent threw a trio of clenched fists at his head.

"NUOOO!" His chin snapped back and he was lifted skyward. The great mound of muscle was sent careening through the air where he smashed through the nearby wall, bending iron and rebar alike.

For an instant the titanic human was unmoving. Was he defeated? Could this be the end of Forte? Would the children watching at home be reduced to tears of sorrow as their hero fell to the three count?!

One...

Two...

Th--

"HAAAA!" Forte dramatically thrust an arm into the air, breaking the count!

"NEEEVER!" He roared to his feet, lifting his arms into the air, before shooting Rin a grin that nearly fried her retina. "MUSCLE FOREVER!!" He flexed triumphantly, raising a hand to his ear in order to hear the roaring cheers.

Rin would almost be able to hear them herself, even though there wasn't anyone else here...

"Hohoho! You are strong, girl! You showed extrenificus amounts of GUTS attacking me like that! I misjudged you." Forte admitted, lowering his stance all the while.

He then launched himself towards the Fishgirl in a blur of raw speed.

"MAGNIFICENT SOARING HURRICANRANA!!" Appearing in front of her, he locked his beefy legs across her neck in a leg scissors, using his immense weight to slam her hard into the iron flooring of the factory.

Hmm.

An iron door?

A thick one at that.

Well, she could probably break it, if she actually put some real effort into it. "Okay..."

Flexing her arm and drawing it back for a full-strength punch...she rammed it into the wall beside the door. Blowing a hole clean through the iron, she pulled on the side of the door frame in order to pull it open. "No reason to waste time battering on this thing when I can just remove it."
Last edited by AdamantSky on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:15 pm

K.T. raised an eyebrow in disappointment when Gwena managed to slice through the net. At the time, designing it so that its electricity flow was triggered remotely had seemed like a prudent safety feature in case his aim was off. Now, on the other hand, it had reduced it to just a net. He would have to fix that once this was over.

Unfortunately, between the bullets already bouncing around the room and the daggers now flying directly at him, he was losing some room to maneuver. Now it was less a question of how to avoid being hit, and what to be hit with. Surveying his options, he chose to duck underneath the daggers, holding his arm up behind him so that his forearm would block a blood bullet on course with the back of his head.

Currently he had no opening to counterattack, but once he got back to his feet he should be able to make his next move.

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Rin grit her teeth as Forte slammed her head into the floor, his thighs latched around her neck. She took a thin breath, puffed out her cheeks, and wrapped three arms around each leg. Veins began to show on her arms, and she slowly pried the clamping legs apart.

"I'm not just a strong girl..." Rin said, and with a surge she pulled the legs wide, slipped out of their hold, and lifted Forte vertically in the air.

"I'm the strongest girl you'll ever meet!"

And she slammed Forte down, back first, into and through the floor.

-----

Laura opened the door, revealing...

Nothing.

The door, as it turned out, had opened out into empty space, the hallway simply ending out in the air over the treetop lake.

Furthermore, cracks began to run back through the hallway she'd followed, and the iron panels that covered the wall fell away to reveal flaky yellow stone underneath. All of a sudden the entire hallway collapsed, shattering into hundreds of fragmenting sulfur stones.

Ryoshka had somehow anticipated her, it seemed, and laid a trap against her specific senses. Who knew how far the sulfur smell he'd left behind (which, incidentally, now led back into the plant) had taken her off track?

AdamantSky
Scout
Scout

Post by AdamantSky » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:16 am

Gwena narrowed her eyes when the blood bullet impacted his arm.

It would penetrate his flesh in much the same way that a real bullet would, though it would obviously leave no bullet behind inside. That appeared to be the extend of the attack, however. She would let him believe that, for now.

Forming her blood into a pair of pistols once again, she didn't even bother to aim at K.T. this time. Instead, she simply fired them off in random directions, adding more bullets to the fray. This was the most effective use of this technique, and it would keep him from launching any sort of counteroffensive against her.

Reaching down to one of the blood packs on her waist, she impaled it onto her shoulder and let the blood roll down into her wounds.

"HUU!" Forte grunted a most manly grunt when he was slammed through the ground like a hammer.

Falling to the floor below them, the gargantuan gladiator allowed himself to free fall for the next several moments before suddenly tucking his arms and legs in and somersaulting to the ground.

Impacting the iron floor with enough force to dent it beneath his weight, Forte immediately launched him back through the hole, landing directly in front of his opponent.

"HOHOHO! Indeed, such efficacious techniques! Your physical strength is indeed most impressive. Far more so than even my younger brothers." He flexed in approval of her previous attack. "Challenging opponents with your power was the reason I left Bangle in the first place!"

Kneeling down, Forte drew back his fist and then...he vanished.

"SPARKLING HOT BREAKER!"

Suddenly appearing to Rin's side, he roared towards the girl's left cheek with a thunderous uppercut that's impact caused the very walls of the factory to creak and squeal in protest from the aftershock bombarding them.

"EH?!" Laura's jaw dropped when she realized she was standing outside.

When had he had time to do all of that?! She had followed him right after Rin had thrown her through those walls, so was the gas always a trick or did it just become one at some point after he noticed her?

Well, it didn't matter. She had to get back in there before she lost any more time.

"Geppou!"

She launched herself back into the factory in a single bound, touching her feet to the metallic surface again. She then once more charged ahead, although she kept her eyes peeled for any further "oddities"...

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:23 pm

K.T. winced as the blood bullet hit his left arm, though fortunately the attack seemed to have no additional effect. That was good. In fact, as far as he knew it might have actually mitigated some of the damage, given what it was made of. Blood inside the body was a good thing, right? Granted, he was no medical expert, but it seemed a logical assumption to make.

Now, however, it was time to strike back. Continuing to maneuver around the bullets as more began flinging around, he reached into his pocket again, retrieving a handful of fuse-equipped glue balls. Dropping them into his right hand, he swept his left arm across the fuses, utilizing the Cling Cling Fruit to light the fuses.

With that done, he tossed the adhesive spheres at Gwena, another bullet grazing his left elbow as he bent his arm to make the throw. Again, painful, but at least now he was also on the offensive again.

Hopefully, if successful, they wouldn't prove too successful. Hypocritical as it made his previous conversation with Laura seem, he'd rather avoid killing her if it was at all possible to do so. Although in this case there were the extenuating circumstances that she was a subordinate rather than the mastermind behind this twisted plan, and that unlike Bosmil it was theoretically still possible for both parties in this situation to get what they wanted. Minor differences, he supposed, but important enough to him.

Pad_Mayhart
Scout
Scout
Class: Warrior

Post by Pad_Mayhart » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:10 am

Cyrus felt an empty feeling in his stomach and something lost that he couldn't quite place a finger on at the moment. This man's fruit was dangerous and very distracting when you were hit with it. It was such a frustrating thing, to be hit so easily by something that could do so much damage.

The swordsman turned his head side to side as if testing the waters on something, before spinning on his feet and staring at Gutierrez. He was caught up in the man's glare and did his best to return it. Their opponent began to speak of their strength, what kind of pirates they were. Then he said something kind of odd. Cyrus had never considered himself to be part of any kind of age, but here was a man trying to place him, but even worse he was trying to tell him that his time had already passed.

An expression of overly feigned concerned popped onto Cyrus face as he turned to Adam. "Oh man, did you know? I told you we shoulda' left earlier!" Cyrus turned his head from Adam back to Gutierrez, launching himself forward towards his foe. "I guess we're just late to the party!"

The swordsman closed the gap between himself and his foe, dragging Cloudcraver around in a vertical arc from the ground towards his foe, but as it completed his arc he would release it, the blade firing up into the air after the attack. The sun bounced off the shined scale like the light through a gemstone, blazing in the blinding fury of the massive burning star. The pale ivory of Veinhunter however passed through shadows at Cyrus brought it around in a strike against Gutierrez's armless side.
"Only the insane equate pain, with success." -Cheshire Cat

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:04 am

The bastard was fast. Rin had known it, but it was always a different thing to be on the other end of that sort of speed. She barely got a single hand up between his fist and her face before the blow landed. She shot into the air and through a walkway, bouncing off the ceiling and then another walkway on her way back down to the floor, where she landed hard enough to dent the iron floor.

Rin picked herself up, and spat a gob of blood out of her mouth. She flexed her forearm, where she'd caught the blow, and winced when it elicited a bone-deep throb.

"Bangle?" Rin said through teeth clenched by pain. She remembered the name. "What the hell are you doing working for this bastard, if you're from Bangle?!"

-----

The stench of sulfur wound deeper and deeper into the plant. Eventually the smell branched, presenting Laura with a choice of direction.

The first was a dark, poorly lit hallway. Metal creaked, and some sort of insect scuttled between shadows. It seemed very insidious.

The other led to a set of double-doors, with a sign above it that said "Kitchen." It was less insidious. At least, as not-insidious anything could be in the lair of your nemesis.

AdamantSky
Scout
Scout

Post by AdamantSky » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:51 pm

"Eh?" Gwena blinked when the burning glue balls were lobbed towards her.

While she had managed to get a second hit in on this guy, it would be more proper to say that he took the hit in order to counterattack. Given that he was willing to accept a wound, and given that they were spheres which he had lit ablaze somehow, did that mean they were grenades? That seemed like a distinct possibility.

Dodging to the right, Gwena moved away from the thrown glue balls. Unfortunately, she wasn't a particularly fast individual. When the bombs detonated, she was blasted off her feet and sent flying across the room.

Impacting the far wall with a loud clang, Gwena slowly slid to the ground.

She didn't appear to be moving, and the blood bullets had all fallen to the floor.

Forte's handlebrow narrowed angrily as she called his benevolent benefactor a "bastard". How incredulous! How audacious! How unsightly!

One could even call it rude.

"My home of Bangle has been afflicted with a most horrificable plague!" Forte flexed angrily. "My beloved younger brothers, Hanz, Franz and Debbie have all been stricken by it!"

"It is the same plague that killed thousands on this very island, in fact!" The titanic grappler crouched down and then stood again, performing a quick set of squats while maintaining his indignant expression. "Bosmil has kindly offered to help heal my home if I will help him disseminate the cure here!"

Well.

I mean the choice was obvious, right?

Clearly, the kitchen was a trap. The correct path was the one with the creepy, creepy bugs probably running through it. So obviously she should go down that, if she wanted to get to Bosmil as quickly as possible.

"I mean, I made a promise to FOOD. Save everyone from the wonderFOOD. Defeat FOOD." Laura explained to herself, reaching for the kitchen doors.

"NO!" Laura repeatedly smacked her head against the metal doorway to punctuate each word she spoke. "MUST. FOCUS. ON. FIGHT."

Stepping away from the kitchen like her feet were made of ten ton cement blocks, she slowly pressed on down the creepy looking hallway.

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:28 pm

K.T.'s eyes lit up triumphantly as the glue bombs exploded. It was amazing how little things like something actually working could just brighten up his whole day. And while conflagrations lacked the same intricate splendor as more complex machinery, there was just something delightful about them that he couldn't help but appreciate regardless.

Gwena's lack of movement was troubling, and the blood bullets ceasing to ricochet did nothing to allay his fears that the glue bombs may have been a bit much. But he had a more pressing matter to focus on, he had made his decision when he chose to fight instead of backing down once he had learned of her motivation. The Wonderland had to be stopped. If she was dead, he could work on rationalizing the guilt away once it had been stopped. If she was unconscious, then she couldn't get in his way, and he could help her once his job was done. And if she happened to be fully functional and attempting to catch him off-guard... well, however long it took her to realize that he was heading for the Wonderland and react was still valuable time he could spend getting closer.

With an apologetic glance in her direction, K.T. started bolting towards the opposite side of the room, where another door was positioned. Presumably the Wonderland was through there.