Let the GAMES begin!

Olympic Contest Results - Going live over the course of the week!

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Results are now up!

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

The Isles of Aradia (IC/New Settlers Welcome.)

The realms where magic is the most prevalent. These are the realms of traditional fantasy but includes any setting where magic is the primary focus. Examples: LotR, Harry Potter, Dresden Files.

Moderators: Ares [Darkblade], Athena [Georgeanna]

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Werebeast

Re: The Isles of Aradia (IC/New Settlers Welcome.)

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:04 am

Hearthstone Estate Courtyard, Drake and Serenity

"They'll benefit from having time together, prying eyes always ruin the growth of relationships as you feel ever so much more cautious as to the role you're meant to portray to an audience rather than to a companion" Drake's words were meant for Rivka and Casim, and why he felt it best to leave them to their devices, but they were also apparent as to why he wished to have his time alone with Serenity in the first place. The placement of Serenity's hand in his palm was an open shock but it was not apparent by the man's impassive features. He merely gently wrapped his fingers downward, encompassing Serenity's hand in his own but with the lightness only a trained soldier could perform that she could snatch it back to her own body at any time.

The gardens were majestic and beautifully cultivated. The soft velvet skin of Serenity made him remember taking his wife through the gardens in Anis. They were beyond exquisite and showed off the beauty of a frozen ecosystem, plants and animals that were made of ice and snow and magic. Drake didn't realize it but he halted while gazing as a particular bush of hydrangeas, his eyes watered and he was taken back to Anis before the wars, and the enjoyment he had back then. He broke back into reality a blinked the tears away, wiping at his cheeks and sighing. "My apologies, I just.....was reminded of the life I used to live. Your hand is smooth as velvet, if I may be so bold to admire."

His face turned to face her, his silver eyes flickered with a warmth "I would like you to continue telling me about yourself Serenity, and in return I will tell you about my past and the many adventures I've led in my life. As I now know you are fond of tales of great adventures and great epic landscapes the likes of which you've never known.....As well as the fact that I figure you may wish to know who I am, truly. I certainly wish to understand who you are, you've already captivated me and I wish to understand more" he continued to lead but he slowed considerably, it was less puling along as a very gentle shuffling of his feet to her walking easier with him. He was excited, and Serenity could feel it in how his hand twitched in anticipation.

Outside Everglow, Garin

He wasn't fond of having to make the journey up to Maiden's Shield, however Xankresh made it clear that there was no budging on all of this, so he stood aside by the carriage. When he heard the chatter of the three ringing out he sighed and nodded, walking out and around the carriage to intercept them and grab what supplies they'd brought. He wore his typical attire of the long fur coat, with the diamond pattern running down his right arm, open to show off his shirtless torso and wearing normal blue trousers. He had a cutlass on a belt draped on his hip and a flintlock dangling from the other side. He did not look dressed for the journey but then, Drow were born in the cold.

His golden locks and light skin betrayed the fact he was a drow, as well as his deep blue eyes. It was a sign he was a mutt; but not in the ways other elves could be seen as. He was half hrow half drow, a bastard child. He met the group halfway, and spoke clearly.

"Hello there, I'm Garin. I'll be taking you to Maiden's Shield" with a gesture he took their supplies and packed them in, before aiding firs Claire, Nimbe, and then Lyron into the carriage. "I'm usually one for conversation but we're on a bit of a rushed schedule thanks to Xankresh, so to make this brief I'm the younger brother of Maria. You guys are in safe hands" He closed up the door and took a seat next to the carriage driver. There was a talking window that linked the passengers to the drivers, and so Garin was still able to speak clearly with them albeit with his back turned. As the carriage took off towards the mountains two horses came up on either side.

Atop were mounted elvish knights in basic undercloth and large naval blue robes of silk, Knights of Dul-Sansiska. A security detail as an added layer on top of Garin and the carriage driver, who happened to be High Feline and dressed in a dark brown shirt and pants. They were surrounded by safety and comfort, the Carriage was spacious for three, as it was built to handle six . It was cushioned to a fine degree and the seats were soft and silken. This was a carriage meant for elves, not humans, the proportions were offer by just the smallest degrees of measurements.

"Maiden's Shield is a three day trek without stopping" Garin started from the other side "So we'll be there as soon as we can be, thanks to the highway it makes things very simple however its still boring as all get out and I don't know how the hell trade can ever get over it"
Credit to Sammy and Nicodemus; one created my set for me, the other drew the source image as a request.
Thank You Both!

dinthalion
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by dinthalion » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:22 am

Heartstone Estate Freyr

"I think small and quiet would be best." Freyr said, "Though I know the marriage of your heir should be a large affair...considering the circumstances... it would probably be best."

"The fewer guests and the sooner the wedding the better." He looked down at the desk, at the letter from Dominic, "the Blackthornes will have to be invited, that can't be avoided. I doubt the Bloodhawk himself will bother to come and that should be some comfort to Rivka, but he'll likely send his niece and other spies. Rivka will likely insist that Sabre woman be invited but I'll try to talk her out of it, It will be a relief to have her influence removed. I have a few family members, but they can be here quickly."

He knew the sooner they got this organized the better. Fewer people would be able to come on short notice and fewer guests meant fewer people to comment on Rivka's growing belly and breasts.

-----------

Heartstone Estate Rivka

Rivka of course had no idea where her betrothed was taking her, it didn't really matter. She assumed someday she would know her way around this place without thinking, but right now it was all new and foreign. And maybe some day she would know the man beside her as well but he too was still new and foreign.

Casim stopped abruptly apologizing for having no real destination. That didn't matter much to Rivka, but she started to feel uncomfortable quickly as she watched his gaze. Instinctively she crossed an arm over her stomach as if that would hide her secret and not give it away.

She took a step away in shock as he began to speak. It was by no means what she expected. He's a man, she
realized with disappointment, of course he's more interested in sex then getting to know me.

The maid looked scandalized and almost ready to interrupt. Rivka looked uncomfortable but didn't look away from his face. This wasn't something she wanted to think about yet, it seemed like a betrayal to think about being with another man. She said the first stupid thing that came to her mind.

"I'm not marrying you because I don't love..didn't love Jaster." she told him. It was a cruel thing to say even with the hormones and emotions she was dealing with. But it had been cruel of him to bring it up. Her face was getting red too but with emotion not embarrassment. She thought of that one night with her late husband. The way his hands felt on her body, the pleasure, the initial pain, and the emotions. They way she'd felt like she never wanted him to let her go, the bond she'd felt, the longing it left her with. And then the disappointment when he left as if she meant nothing to him. The realization later that though that night had meant so much to her, it probably wasn't that special to him. If the rumors were true, he'd had so many gorgeous women to please him, their one night probably had very little significance to him. Her eyes drifted to Casim's hands wondering if she'd mean anything to him, before she looked back up at him to speak after an awkward silence.

"When your great aunt wrote the note to my father," she asked cautiously, "was it because you wanted her to? Did you want to marry me?"

Her eyes watched his mouth but she avoided eye contact.
Thanks Sammy!
Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit. -George Carlin

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Paladin

Post by Kotorchix » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:22 pm

Characters & Info
Mancel Ludlow
Amayl’s Conservatory
Heartstone Estate

“I’ll be honest in saying I’m grateful you’d prefer something smaller,” Mancel admitted. “Heir or no, a larger, more flamboyant affair would be somewhat overwhelming after recent events.”

He paused a moment, then stood. “Elmer is likely off-duty for the evening, but we could go see him if now if you like, get the guest list sorted out so things can get underway?”

Casim Ludlow
Heartstone Estate
Sylvie Isle, Caybourne

Her barbed remark was warranted, perhaps even deserved. Casim didn’t show emotion other than the plain embarrassment that he had bull-rushed so clumsily into this conversation. He wanted to look away, to tear his gaze from her face, but it didn’t seem right to look away in that moment.

She wouldn’t meet his eyes as she asked her question. He breathed, hesitated a moment, wondering if he should lie. But Casim had never been a good liar, nor did Rivka deserve that sort of treatment. Even if the truth hurt.

“To be honest,” he started. “Amayl is something of a schemer and mischief-maker. Nobody knew she wrote the letter until she had already sent it to your father.”

He didn’t want to leave her on that thought. He straightened, his eyes softening even as his cheeks began to return to a normal color.

“I hadn’t considered marriage to anyone before you. I hadn’t even found someone I liked. But I think with time, I could grow to like you. And maybe, just maybe, you’d come to like me too.”

It sounded so childish. Like. Where was the adult talk of love? He supposed there was none. This was an arranged marriage… if love came, it would be a pleasant surprise.

“I know I don’t live up to Jaster’s image,” he admitted. “And I have no intention of replacing him in your heart. I know I’m a boy compared to him. I’ve never been in battle, loved a woman, or… or really travelled, been a part in political… things.”

He stopped, trying to catch her eyes. He wanted to make her understand. How could he? He didn’t want to disrespect her loss, her situation, but he wanted her to feel what he felt. Maybe she already did. Why would he wish that on anyone? Goddess…

You’re just making everything worse! This girl is making you nervous!

The realization stuttered him. He blinked owlishly at her. It wasn’t just the situation that was making him nervous, it was her… Her eyes sparked with an intelligence he had been too blind to see earlier. She knew she was a pawn in multiple games. She knew loss, just as he did, if not better.

It was startling to find he saw a reflection of himself in her. Even moreso to realize she was the stronger of them both.

“What do you want to do?” he asked quietly, looking at her directly. “Not… right now, I mean. If given the world, no limits, what would you do this very moment?”

Serenity Piers
Heartstone Estate
Sylvie Isle, Caybourne

She blushed at his use of the word ‘captivating’. Serenity hardly thought of herself as any such thing. That was a term used for women in stories, not her.

“Well,” she said softly, stalling, trying to think of how she could possibly present herself to him. But if he already thought she was captivating… there was little to fear.

“I don’t have any… mysteries as you seem to,” she quipped with a shy smile. “I think I might be too young for that. My greatest secret would be that I still believe in an imaginary friend I had since childhood, so that’s all I have for mystery…”

Her eyes darted from his hand up to his face. “But you read more of an open book than you care to admit, I fear. Who was she?”

It was a gentle question. Bold, but still soft. It wasn’t accusatory. She’d heard what Drake said in sympathy of Mancel’s recent loss of Amarika. May peace find you brother, I share in your agony alongside.

Lyron Piers
Outside the City
Everglow City

Lyron introduced the trio just as quickly as Garin introduced himself, with the same amount of informality. (Though he didn’t neglect to call Claire by her title.)

With the haste in which they were bundled into the carriage and set off, Lyron found the most entertaining thing to be watching Nimbe’s face. With all the grandeur, she looked entirely out of place.

Nimbe could have worn the clothes and gems of nobility and still looked wrong in this place. She sat wrapped uncomfortably in her green shawl, perched on the edge of one of the heavily cushioned seats, while Claire easily lounged beside her. Lyron found the seats to be a bit more comfortable than those of most carriages he’d been in. Although both he and Nimbe shared elven heritage, he happened to get the trait which increased his height… whatever trait that was seemed to have skipped tiny Nimbe, and she was more elf than he was!

“I’ve seen him before,” Nimbe whispered across to Lyron, making a subtle nod to the window behind him. “At a festival in the Bronze Way.”

“Well, he is rather distinctive,” Claire said, taking no care to mute her voice. Nimbe stared at her in open alarm. The Lady shrugged. “What?”

“Elvish ears,” Lyron chuckled. A trait he had skipped out on, but Nimbe and most likely Garin, hadn’t.

“Oh.” Claire blinked. She glanced over Lyron’s head through window. “Your hair is beautiful,” she stated bluntly. “I find myself envious.”
Isles of Aradia
The Runaway
Skyrim: Forged in Blood
The Witcher: Trial of the Spheres
The Blackblood Investigation

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:14 am

Hearthstone Estate Courtyard, Drake and Serenity

Drake sucked in his breath as the question was posed and then stood still, nodding and found himself a comfy rock to perch his behind towards "Her name was Aerinthal Erenai, a distinctive young woman from the Silkwoods who had been given over to me for political prosperity before the war began in earnest.....She was your size, compact but springy and made of silken skin and burning passion, she was my Queen and I will....I will...." the tears began to flow from Drakes face as he recalled their first encounters as highly complicated affair.

"You should learn how to treat a Lady, King Morvala, what possessed you to caress my face in that manner?! Your hands are like the coldest fangs!"

"My apologies" A'Draak replied, guffawing at her rapid expression changes "You're just so lovely and soft seeming, couldn't help myself, never seen anything like you! You're tiny and spirited is all!"

"That's no excuse, you're even worse than the men back home"

"Oh now come, you cannot mean to say that, I'm the Northern King! How can I be an worse than those of your homeland?"

"You just-"

"Hmmmm?"

"Oh for the sake of Aradia you're impossible!" Aerin sighed as A'Draak continued to laugh and guide her to her new home, a home they would come to love together.

"I will say in truth I was lucky to have someone like that woman, just as right now I am lucky to have met you, Serenity" he wiped the tears from his face and shook his head, a smile then began to run back across his lips as he sighed and looked around himself. "I will note that when one has such creativity such as yourself, it will blossom into a font of wisdom as you take in the knowledge of the world. You are to be delighted over" Drake stooped himself even on the rock and gently used his fingers to brush Serenity's cheek, feeling its warmth on his gray skin "Someone to be cherished, now" he arose and offered his hand once more "I'd like to know more about what you have learned for yourself in these early years of your life, it can be as mundane as being able to read all those illustrious novels. All that matters is I know more about you, Serenity, as I wish to understand you far more. In turn I will gladly regale you with whatever you wish to hear of; even more about Aerinthal if you wish to know more about her and my life in those ancient days"

Garin, Carriage Ride

"Well thank you, it was just about one of the few things that moron of a father could give to me" Garin stated equally as blunt "Don't mind my ears by the way. I used to be a pirate captain and I used to head the Bronze Way branch of the Maiden's Shield Trust. I also have an adopted son named Saki who is also a half high and half dark elf who routinely follows me everywhere. Right now he's at home taking my place in making sure my sister doesn't go off the handle" Garin wasn't shy at all, he's lay out his entire life story if you gave him a pint and started asking.

"Did you have something about me you'd like to know about? Rumors to clear the air on?" the clack of horses and the gentle tip and wiggle of the carriage was the only sound int he carriage in that brief moment after the question was asked
Credit to Sammy and Nicodemus; one created my set for me, the other drew the source image as a request.
Thank You Both!

dinthalion
Traveller
Traveller

Post by dinthalion » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:51 am

Heartstone Estate Freyr

Freyr nodded. He was tired but he wanted to get things moving.

“I think that would be a good idea.” He agreed. “It would be best to get invitations out as quickly as possible. That’s all we’ll need to do right now. I’m sure Rivka would be honored to help with the planning of the party itself as well, she’ll make a good lady when Casim becomes lord.”

Heartstone Estate Rivka

Rivka began to feel guilty as he spoke. She had made him feel bad. She could tell how nervous he was. Her own emotions were to complicated to process. There was a little disappointment. There was a part of her that had hoped, thought maybe the inappropriately timed proposal had been the brainchild of her future husband. But that was a silly thing to think, she wasn't some maiden in a story being courted by some strong warrior who took one look at her and fell in love. Men didn't lust over girls like her. She was a political pawn of value not because of her great beauty or captivating personality but because of her father's timber. And this political game had been orchestrated by some dotty old woman who probably overestimated Rivka's value. And while she played her game Rivka and her father played their own.

She should know better then to be naïve about the reasons for marriage. She had been so proud to marry Jaster Blackthorne, as if she had done something to earn it, as if had been a fairy tale story, rather then a political game. A game her father had smugly assumed he 'won' only to discover that he, and more so her had lost. She thought back to the Bloodhawk's words, he had chosen her because she was weak and defective. Did Amayl have some secret end game too?

Casim admitted his hope that someday they would like each other. She felt guilt again. She had hoped he wanted her, that he would love her when her aim was little more then to use him for protection. Maybe it wasn't just women who where victims of this game. Sure they were used for their beauty and ability to bear children, but weren't men used for their position and strength?

"You don't have to be Jaster." she muttered quietly in a voice betraying her guilt. "It's just..."

But then he changed the subject. It was a strange question, but direct.

She smiled sheepishly before answering honestly. "I'd go home."

"To Briochi," she went on her eyes lit up, "Or to Curef, its this little mountain village where we have a summer villa. and my cousins would be there. We'd go out in that calm spot in the stream, just past the waterfall and swim. The water's always cold so we couldn't swim long."

She looked away a moment a little embarrassed. It seemed juvenile that that was the first thing she thought of.
Thanks Sammy!
Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit. -George Carlin

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Paladin

Post by Kotorchix » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:04 pm

Claire Ludlow

Claire couldn’t hide the raised brows as Garin spoke so freely of himself. Her gaze shifted to Lyron and he gave her a subtle shrug along with something of an awkward grin. Lyron was certainly more accustomed to rougher characters than Claire was, but despite the open-aired nature of Garin’s talk, she didn’t feel threatened. It felt right to speak freely, uncensored.

It still didn’t seem any of her business to ask the most pressing question, however. If she were wrong about her suspicion, not only would it look foolish, she might also endanger Lyron. So she did not ask that one – and she saw relief in Lyron’s eyes.

“What rumors are there to hear about you?” she asked instead with a playful smirk, feeling confident. “Anything deliciously scandalous?”

Serenity Piers

She didn’t know how to feel. This woman Drake spoke of held a place deep in his heart – somewhere she was one day to inhabit, or at least a place very much like it. She stared at him, but didn’t let her feelings show on her face. He wept freely, grieving the woman, but brushed the tears away before touching her face.

And again, she didn’t know how to feel. It was confusion. He adored her. How? And why couldn’t she just accept that? Women in books would kill to have a man like A’Draak fawn over them, touch them, kiss them. And while part of her wanted that, another fought against it.

Then he used the word she had been avoiding: Ancient.

He truly was, wasn’t he? She took his hand obediently but said nothing, lost in her thoughts. In one moment, she had been caught up in the whirlwind of this romance. In the next… she didn’t know. She wanted this. Surely, she did. Didn’t she?

She had said the truth. She was too young for mysteries. There was nothing of her for this man to discover. She didn’t even know all there was of herself. Physically, emotionally, mentally… her first blood said she was a woman, but with her hand in this man’s great paw, she knew she wasn’t. She was still a child.

And she denied it with all her heart. Again, whether through duty to her house, or the faint touch of something that might be love, she didn’t know. She didn’t know anything.

Her thoughts were disturbed by the sound of a door opening across the courtyard. Rasheba stepped out, too casually. Trailing them. It seemed they would have a chaperone after all, although she did keep a greater distance than most would. Her dark eyes glinted as she watched Drake in the starlight.

“I…” Serenity stammered. She pressed her lips into a line, then glanced up at A’Draak. “You saw I have a blade. Is that common for drow women? It isn’t here. My aunt Rasheba is the only other woman I know in our family who knows how to fight.”

Casim Ludlow

Home was the obvious answer, but Casim liked how she expanded upon that. Curef, the mountain village, with its icy cold stream and a familiar place – a villa, where her cousins would all stay. He couldn’t help but wonder if we meant to include him, or if it was only to speak of the cousins. He wouldn’t delude himself.

“It sounds wonderful,” he said softly.

For a fleeting moment, he considered throwing caution to the wind, trying to embrace her within his life by saying they should go there, right now. And then following up on it. Taking a ship with only a few guards, and just leaving without a word. But who was he kidding? He wasn’t the man out of stories or ballads that would do that. He held a duty to his father, to his sisters, to his brother. To the memory of his mother.

He looked at Rivka a long moment. Damn his meddling great-aunt. If things had been different. If he and Rivka had met under different circumstances, been allowed to talk, get to know each other… it could have been natural. It wouldn’t have been the forcing together of two pieces on a war strategy map.

But why couldn’t it be natural?

He grabbed her hand before he could remember the sweat on his palms, and started hurrying her back up the corridor, away from the mausoleum. They passed the chaperone and broke back out onto one of the main passages. He turned the opposite way from which they had originally came, and they dove further into the side of the mountain. They came to a set of heavy wooden doors, where he released her hand to throw his back into the act of pushing one open. He didn’t close it behind them, knowing the chaperone would be fast on their heels, but the door opened onto a rock-hewn staircase spiralling down.

“I may not be able to take you to Curef,” he said, taking the stairs down easily as he held her hand again. “But at least I can show you one of the odd little secrets of this place.”

They reached the bottom of the stairs and were left with one more corridor to walk down. At the end of that, a small door, which he swung open to reveal their destination.

They stood on the rock-slated bank of a natural pool within a cave. The only light was the stars shining through the roaring wall of a waterfall, pouring itself from the rocks above. A cool breeze with a hint of ice whistled through the gaps either side of the waterfall, but it wasn’t a shrill sound. It was soft, almost whimsical.

Backed against the far wall of the cave, about fifty feet deep, were barrels. Even some were submerged in the pool, tied down to rocks so there was no risk of them bobbing their way to the waterfall’s edge and tumbling over. A few crates accompanied the barrels against the walls, stacked neatly and tied firmly shut beneath nets.

“We didn’t used to visit here as much as the other half of our family visited us on the mainland,” Casim said softly. “Serenity brought me here once, told me no one would ever look for me here if I wanted to be alone for a time. Apparently it’s where our Sylvbruuq is kept. No idea what’s in the crates.”
Isles of Aradia
The Runaway
Skyrim: Forged in Blood
The Witcher: Trial of the Spheres
The Blackblood Investigation

dinthalion
Traveller
Traveller

Post by dinthalion » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:56 am

Rivka wasn't sure what to think when Casim grabbed her hand, but she followed him. He seemed a lot more decisive and confident then he had earlier. she kind of liked it, though she had no idea where they were going she couldn't help but giggle a little mischievously despite her nerves.

She followed him curiously through the large doors and down the stairs. She looked at the pool as he spoke. A secret place, a place to hide. She let go of his hand and took a few steps toward the pool. She walked carefully because it was dark and the surface wasn't completely flat or level. She knelt down and slowly but her hand in the pool. She drew it back quickly, it was cold. She laughed a little, she should have known that.

She made her way back to Casim.

"What is Slvbruuq?" she asked, "Why would you want to hide here alone?"
Thanks Sammy!

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:49 am

Drake

Drake didn't have to turn his head to hear Rasheba coming through, and observing the two outside, he was well aware of her presence and stroked his chin rhythmically before speaking. "It's not a common sight no, Drow women are resourceful and are priestesses, magical inclined, alchemists, and leaders. Drow men have the kind of muscles to back up what they need to do. However this is just the norms for drow across all generalization; sort of like if I asked you what all humans are like. In reality every clan has different methods. Mabusa follows the constraints that both sides must be bale to do battle int heir respective specialties and so on" he shrugged openly and noticed that she was seeming even far more tightly wound than before and though about how his words may have affected her.

"I know this is not your ideal world Serenity, and despite myself, I have made it even harder on yourself. Know this much, make your own decisions and stick by them till the end; that is one history lesson I can teach you. I made too many errors and kept trying to fix them rather than walking forwards, if you're unsure then by all means go with what instincts say." He removed his hand and turned to face her more apparently and crouched "For all that I say and all that I do, I will promise you this much, whether or not you wish for my company I will be on your side till the bitter end. Should you choose to forgo my companionship for your own reasons-I shall not become your burden, and I will face off against that which may wish against it."

"I'm having an agreeable time, you make my heart beat and give me a feeling of genuine enjoyment, however all of that pales in comparison to that which you must decide is what you wish it to be." Drake began to stand once more, patting her head "Now enough of that, I suppose would ask....how much do you know of your own family's history Serenity? Anything of note that you find intriguing about the members of the Ludlow Accord? A basic topic, but hopefully one that we may find ourselves grounded upon once again" he took a guided hand to her elbow comfortingly and began to walk some more.

Garin

"There is not too much to say about myself on the terms of rumors if you haven't heard them before my Lady; they're your standard fare of incest and accusations of romantics between oneself and an orc. Nothing quite entertaining about it...." he began to grow more silent as he realized they really were at a loss for conversation and sighed . The rest of the journey had spurts of discussion but it wasn't until the massive masonry of Ques Novich came into view that Garin could notice the people within the carriage had never seen anything remotely like the splendor that was Maiden's Shield. It stretched up to the heavens and was big enough to eclipse the mountains on the other side of it as they grew closer. The main doors of which were taller than most of Everglow, and it was almost as if one was but an ant standing before a giant's homefront.

The walls stretched off into the distance on either side, the winter snow had caused the carriage to stop in its tracks and while the nobles weren't to ge tout, they could pay attention to the monumental engineering before the. The walls were a highly polished marble that glinted and shone in the winter sunlight, the whole thing was as if one were in a fairy tale. The land of the drow, such an exotic term but for their escort-it was a simple business trip as he began swearing in elvish to unseen figures; he sounded angered that the snow wasn't cleared correctly began after he climbed back to his perch, shovels could be heard in a chorus and the carriage lurched forwards again.

"We will be in Ques Novich within the hour, since you're guests you will not be asked for your visas or documentation but the guards might still eye you a fair bit; pay them no mind- they can be paranoid" As they arrived closer the blinding sunlight was dampened by the massive doors becoming the focal point of vision. From afar they were gigantic, up close they were monolithic, this was a dream- a massive fortress city that even giants would be dwarfed by entirely. far smaller freight doors opened up however and they were led through to the other side.

On this side there was no snow, no anything. It was dark and the horse's hoofs clacked and the carriage echoed. The doors swung outwards and armored elves looked through slits in their helmets at the newcomers warily. Garin swore at them and shooed them away with frantic elvish, before offering his hand for Claire Ludlow to step down. They were is a chasm like room, they had made it past the doorway into the point between it and the other massive doors. It stretched out for many hundreds of meters and the lights of candles or lanterns could be faintly seen off and away, they were now in the shield wall. Beyond it would be Ques Novich itself, the true elvish city, but for right now they were in a military base for all intents and purposes. A fortress.

Beyond Garin, as the three were helped out, a man in impeccable silken robes-colored a crimson with accents of violet around its fringes; and with undercloth of deep indigo- stepped from the shadows. His hair was, for the most part, cut short to his head but blown back in a wistful fashion. With teal beads laced among them and two distinctive braids coming from his hair, starting along his sideburns and racing downwards. One sat on his chest and the other had been pulled behind his neck and sat on his shoulder dropping down below it. His hands had some minor jewelry adorning them and he stroked his chin perplexed.

"Hello children, welcome to Ques Novich, I am Divan." Garin nearly tripped over himself noticing him appear, having thought his Uncle to be long since dead ever since he disappeared from the Azure Box.
Thank You Both!