Let the GAMES begin!

Olympic Contest Results - Going live over the course of the week!

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Results are now up!

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Orario: The Thunder King

The realms where magic is the most prevalent. These are the realms of traditional fantasy but includes any setting where magic is the primary focus. Examples: LotR, Harry Potter, Dresden Files.

Moderators: Ares [Darkblade], Athena [Georgeanna]

Ninmast
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Paladin

Re: Orario: The Thunder King

Post by Ninmast » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Half the stones missed because of the cyclops' depth perception, or lack thereof. The other half, on the other hand ... well, the giant frog seemed to think Myela was trying to play after one had bounced off of it, and was making sport of snapping its tongue out to snatch the stones out of the air.

A lizardman lunged at the brunette, who spun and took him by the arm to fling him onto the ground before jumping on top of him and burying her shiv in his neck, making sure to drag it long and deep to make as much fatal damage as possible before the body disappeared from underneath her. Her gaze looked around to check on everyone, only to notice the frog's behavior. "Dog!" she shouted. "Bad!"

The frog's tongue was already half out, but fell short as it got a guilty look ... then quickly retracted its tongue and suddenly barfed the stones back out rapid-fire, blasting the mage's injured lizardman like miniature catapults, bombarding him until he collapsed into the Princess puddle, which promptly sloshed up and dragged the lizardman under to disappear into the deceptively shallow slime.

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Mage

Post by Madrigal » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:28 pm

Tasuil delivered a powerful punch to one of the lizards, knocking aside his blade. She couldn't help but smile as she realized he was now completely open. Her foot hit the pressure point in her boot, and the concealed knife emerged again. She raised her leg, kicking out as her leg soared from the side, striking the beast in the side of the head. Its eyes rose, glaring at her with pure malevolence as the sturdy blade slid into the soft bone in the side of its head. And then it went still. The animal slumped to the side, its weapons escaping its taloned hands, tongue hanging to one side. She pulled her boot back, a trail of blood arching as she adopted a combat stance. A new lizard leaped at her, but she sidestepped, striking its leg with a firm stomp. Muscles and bone gave way underneath her boot as the creature cried. A glimmer of metal caught her eye. Before she had a chance to consider a dodge or a counterstrike, the beast's curved blade cut into her arm, cutting through her trenchcoat and leaving a bloody scar on her shoulder. She fell to the ground with a cry, pushing herself up and trying to put some distance between her and her assailant. Odharnait's eyes widened at the sight, before she began to hurry towards Tasuil, waving her umbrella aloft as she ran to heal her injured friend.

Desperado57
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Pirate

Post by Desperado57 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Great Tower - Main Entrance

"Nothing to report, ma'am." One of the two guards said towards Bellona, who kept a stern look. One of the gods of war and conquest, she was from an old civilization that disappeared ages before her descent to the mortal worlds. Despite that fact, she has been protecting this city from the first invasion of monsters that gotten out of the tower and was granted the title to keep the streets safe from monsters that might escape and other crimes across the labyrinth city of mortals.

Her family is for adventurers who either had retired from adventuring, or those who wish to protect the city from wrong, and are personally trained by Bellona herself. Guards who wear ebon knight armor and carry shields and spears or swords are members. The two guards in front of her were prime examples of her family, as she gave a firm nod towards the two.

"Report anything to me that's out of the ordinary, understood?" She said in a commanding voice, as the two guards stiffen their postures and nodded. She smiled, and right before she started to walk away, she overheard a very familiar voice off in the distance.

She turned her head towards the direction, seeing the monkey and his zookeeper, Nez. Though, the third person was unfamiliar to her.

She scoffed, placing her hands on her hips. "I assure you, no one wants to be near your mountain, monkey. What I do and how I act is to simply keep peace among Orario, and their citizens. I think I am a fair person." She said simply, as she turned her attention to the Runari that's with them. "Who's the fox? You didn't get yourself strung up into their antics, did you?"

-----

Dungeon

One by one, the Lizardmen fell as their desperate attempt to defeat the adventuring group to get away from the large beast behind them is failing. Their numbers slowly dropping, but that only makes them become furious and desperate, reckless even. They throw themselves at the group, regardless if they can move their arms or not from injuries. They were born as natural berserkers, and if they can move a single limb, they will not stop till they are killed.

However, that plan isn't going well for them, as it turns out the large group of adventurers was experienced enough to take care of the threat. The rabbit cleric was chanting the entire time as the fighting had erupted, as the wounds of nearby allies had been slowly closing up at a slow pace, fixing new flesh wounds created by the lizardfolk as she did his best to stay out of the lizardmen's reach. He paused his incantation to speak, however. "We can finish them off, don't hold back!" He said as he looked over to see Tasuil, the one who they came to the dungeon to protect, had been injured heavily by one of the lizardfolk.

He narrowed his eyes as he aimed his staff towards the lizardmen.

"Heavenly Rubuke!" He yelled out, mana pouring from his hands and through his staff to create a bright white spell circle at the tip of his staff, as a beam of light fired forward towards the Lizardman, as specks of light sparked off the beam like angelic feathers. The beam blasted the lizardmen directly in the chest, before sending it flying into a direction as its body slammed into the cavern wall. It stuck to the wall after the beam dispersed for a moment, before crumbling to the floor as it body fades, a sign that it had been defeated.

Talila quickly started to return to his healing chant, already sweating as he has been steadily using up his mana for healing.

Cybelle

She nodded her head, as she smiled. "Alright. You take care, dearest daughter!" She called out to her daughter as she ran off, giving a soft sigh as what her daughter said was now going to be bugging her all day. She frowns slightly to herself for a moment, before feeling the comforting nuzzle from her tiger. She smiled, petting his head gently.

"I'm sure everything will be fine. But I do not want to say my daughter's visions are wrong..." She said to herself, as she carressed her pet's head once more, before picking up her watering pot, and went back to do her daily chores.

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by ThreadWeaver » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:19 pm

Myela shook onto her feet, still not sure what to do. But it seemed the group - mostly thanks to the others - was rallying. And they'd asked her for help! She... she had to do something! She pointed a shaky hand, took aim, and fired.

"S-Storm Surge!"

The blast shot off hazardously, skimming just past Tasuil's left ear as it collided with a lizardman, mashing his head into the left wall of the stairwell and taking a chunk out of the wall. Myela winced in horror at the near miss, holding her hands over her mouth as she looked at Tasuil.

"Oh no! Ooooh no! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to get so close with that Storm Surge-"

Another blast gathered in her hand, and Myela barely had time to avoid it going off in her own face. The stream careened off into the ceiling above her, and she cowered with her hands over her head as rocks and water doused her in a slurry.

"Wah! Wait, I didn't mean to shoot that Storm Surge-!"

A third water blast grazed just over Dog's head, leaving a red line like a rug-burn between his eyes, narrowly missing any real damaging contact. It gouged into the ceiling over the stairs, causing rocks to tumble down above the lizardmen.

"I'm so, so sorry! It's just with this spell, every time I say Storm Surge I -"

A fourth blast slammed into the wall a couple feet to the right of the opening, flattening the wall and causing the stones their to fall out. Another, larger stone cracked deeper inside with a resounding finality.

Myela had finally managed to stop her rambling by shoving her fingers into her mouth and chomping on them. The ceiling and walls near the opening the lizardmen were using began to give an ominous groan and rumble as rocks continued to tumble from where Myela had hit with her blasts. It seemed like it might come down any minute!
Last edited by ThreadWeaver on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ninmast
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

Post by Ninmast » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Great Tower Entrance

"Yeah, yeah," Sun waved off her rant with sarcasm, "you're a strong, independent woman, hear you roar." He motioned to the Runari. "This is Atalanta, a member of House Wukong. He'll be accompanying us into the dungeon today, so if you don't mind ..." And with that, he actually brought his hand up and made a shooing motion toward the girl, a goddess according to them. But then, Wukong didn't seem the type to have much respect for anyone.

Dungeon

Dog had just looked toward the mage when the one blast came his way, his eyes moving out to the side reflexively, and in the aftermath, he was left with a stunned expression for a long moment before anything came out. Then, "... Rrrribbit?"

Alice, on the other hand, had a different idea, and ducked under a Lizardman swing to football throw him to the ground before heading for Myela. She moved behind the Cyclops girl and took her firing hand that had been casting the spell and firmly directed it in her stead. "Go ahead, say it."

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:23 am

"I... wha- wait, why're you grabbing me?" Myela wiggled uncertainly, feeling Alice pressed against her back. "I don't... This room seems really dangerous with the ceiling and the walls and everything. If I fire another Storm Surge it could be really ba-awwww phooey!"

The blast, on command, congealed in Myela's hand and fired off.

Ninmast
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

Post by Ninmast » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:38 am

The blast hit the stairwell again, and this time there was no rumble of warning as the ceiling came down, cascading down the stairs and collapsing the frame, seemingly sealing the path. Perhaps intuiting what Alice had in mind, Dog jumped away from that wall and Princess reared up like a tidal wave, pushing everyone further toward the middle of the room so they wouldn't be caught in the collapse. Though everyone she pushed would clear it, a substantial amount of the rubble came down on "Princess," amorphous as she was.

Any cause for concern proved ill-founded, however, as they had as little effect on her as Myela's staff had, and she soon formed up from the rubble as if casually stepping from it.

Alice let a sigh of relief at everything going as well as could have been expected, any Lizardmen left surely unable to get through the rubble, and she released the spellcaster, stepping away from her. "Hey! Are all you weirdos okay?"

... She seemed to be addressing the adventurers, rather than the two monsters that moved to stand beside her, Dog panting with its tongue lolling out one side of its mouth aside from the occasional slobbering swish, and Princess ... oddly, perhaps disturbingly opaquely transparent despite all of the Lizardmen that had fallen ... well ... into her during the battle.

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

Post by Ghostwriter » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:33 am

[Heh. Was going to post last night but started feeling tired, when I look again there's 3 new posts~ Good to see my worries were unfounded though. Also Im still not exactly content with my post as I want it to seem more achievement-like in Atalanta's eyes... and it doesn't seem long enough. But after re-reading it again I guess it's... fine? :(]
You ever have that feeling as a kid when you were out with your parents and full of energy, but they were apparently in slow motion and taking forever? Logicially, Atalanta knew that he'd spent years training already so a few more minutes was nothing important, but the other side of his brain was starting to bang around the sides of his head in attempt to escape. An urge was building to pull himself away as if they were an anchor. An anchor slowing him down, to sprint, leap and bound away in a furious crazed giddy way laughing as he did. There was an energetic and impatient twitch to his eyes, not too dissimilar from an addicts and he clenched his staff with white knuckled nervousness.

He zoned in-and-out of attention with the others as he imagined how the dungeon must be. That is until- "Who's the fox? You didn't get yourself strung up into their antics, did you?" He blinked, staring at her like an idiot. WHO WAS THIS WOMAN AND WHERE DID SHE COME FROM!? He sweatdropped immediately, casually being ambushed as he was. "Sorry!" He said with a sudden jerk, saying with no idea what he was apologizing for. He moved to an apologetic bow, mostly to hide his embarrassment and surprise. After jerking back to a standing position he laughed awkwardly. "Well uhm~ thankyouforcomingwe'llcatchuplaterwithyourfriendwestillhavetoheadoverandgetreadyandstuffseeyoulaterladybye!" And thusly he succumbed to his lizard brain, with one swift motion he grabbed at their hands and pulled. He strained and and tore frantically at the anchors who were still taking their sweet time!

Sure, they each had the strength enough to throw a shoe at sonic speeds and crush boulders, anchors was probably putting it mildly. But he wasn't thinking about any of that, he just wanted to get them moving so they could do whatever they needed faster. Not that they could go in the dungeon with him, the people at the desk all knew their face and gods weren't allowed. So... why were they going with him anyway then? All this time had he forgot to ask, or did they tell him and he forgot or wasn't listening? Surely he could just... go into the dungeon now that he had the Falna? Wasn't he just allowed to... just... go inside? No, that sounded stupid, he must have been missing something, though now he was too embarrassed to ask.

Maybe later, after he got them there. One problem at a time. Surely THAT couldn't be harder than the dungeon itself.
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:43 pm

Odharnait coughed loudly, still holding her umbrella in one hand as she did her best to wave the billowing dust away. It would be awhile until she could breathe in air enough to speak, what with all the rubble in the air. Even her verdant green dress was now an almost earthy hue. Still, she could be heard trying to say something. Only 'where' and 'Tasuil' could be heard for all her coughing though. Then, a rumble came from the pile of collapsed masonry that blocked the hallway. Mortar and brick shifted to either side, before the head of a lizardman burst from the rubble. Its eyes were wide in rage, its mouth open to expose two rows of sharp pointed teeth, like those of an alligator, its forked tongue caught in between two. It lunged out with terrifying speed and power, yet no roar or hiss escaped its mouth. It hovered there for a moment, before with a lunge another figure emerged behind it. Coated in dust and mortar, it was hard to make out who precisely it was, though it was clear from the shape and its movements that it was no lizardman. Detritus slowly fell away from her head, exposing curled blonde hair as Tasuil dragged the head of the reptilian menace behind her. Tasuil strolled stiffly, covered in thick grime. She said nothing, simply holding the monster's head before letting it slip from her grasp by Myela's feet.

"As fun as that was, please never do that again."

Her voice was empty of emotion. Grim and hollow, as she strolled onward, toward the exit. Odharnait blinked, before crying after her friend.

"Tasuil! Where are you going?"

"NOT HERE. I'm going to find a shower, and a steak, and to never think about this again."

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:50 pm

As Tasuil stomped away a hand closed around her ankle, stalling her.

Myela was on the ground, her eye swelling up and teary from the clouds of dust, with a large red lump on her head from a wild rock.

"W-we rescued you... yaaaaay..."

The cyclops girl wrapped her other hand around Tasuil's ankle, very disoriented.

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:16 pm

Tasuil's face turned, and locked onto the young cyclops. In that moment, the other adventurers got a good look at her face. Smeared with mortar and debris, lined with irritation and singleness of purpose. That gaze lasted a mere two seconds against Myela's gaze. Tasuil moved to one side and bent down, her face hovering inches from Myela's before the girl would feel her fingers pulled from Tasuil's legs. Then, she would feel herself being lifted in the air. One arm beneath her leg, one under her head. The way she was lifted concealed Tasuil's face, until the fighter stood erect, allowing the rest of them to see it. Big sister grin and all.

"Of course you did! And what a cute little heroine you are too! I'll tell you what--we'll go wash up, get some dinner to celebrate, and then get you tucked into beddy-byes."

Her frustration gone, melted through Myela's true magical power, Tasuil started for the door. Though the elven warrior would surely have been strong enough to lift Myela with ease were she well rested, Tasuil as she was, was far from that. Tired, dehydrated, hungry and battered, she likely needed a rest and more even before the group found her. Still, somehow she managed the force of will to stagger slowly to the door, now and then readjusting her footfalls to avoid falling to one side. For her part, Odharnait watched them go, gone suddenly silent before she let out a cough once more. "But I *cough* I was the one trying to rescue you..."

Desperado57
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Desperado57 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:17 am

Great Tower Entrance

She narrowed her eyes in the Runari accompanying the two troublemakers, her eyes weren't giving off the reddish glow, as she turned her head back to son wukong in a unpleased manner.

Some adventurers that were either coming into the tower, or just leaving it would stop and notice the two God's were at it once more. It seemed to be a recruiting event here at the tower: Son trying his best to get into the tower, but the iron maiden trying to stop him. The two iron guards that are behind Bellona looked towards each other.

"Hold it." She simply said towards him, possibly her most used words towards the arrogant, but strong monkey. "While normally I wouldn't be able to stop you from going in, if you had a competent adventurer who knows what he's doing, but..."

She simply caught the runari by his face as he tried to pull son and Nez, effortlessly holding him there. "He's just a new adventurer, and a new face from how he's reacting. That sounds like you're just putting this fox into danger just to sate your thirst to fight, as he probably doesn't even know what to expect once he goes in. Even then, if you were to step into that dungeon, the monsters would get a lot more aggressive and more dangerous, making it harder for your 'protection' and anyone else that be in the floor."

She gently moved her arm forward, pushing the Runari back to the other two. Not a hard shove, but enough to push him back.

"That said, he has to at least complete some missions, get a high enough level to explore the mid-section of the dinner, take a qualifying exam to be able to protect Gods and goddess as they enter the tower..." She started to list off, counting then off one by one with her fingers in front off Son as it was both her job, and maybe a annoyance for the monkey King.

___

Dungeon

As the battle ended with the passageway was blocked off, thanks the to the water mage's ability and the group's tactics, they were now safe from the rest of lizardmen that was now trapped behind the rocks. The eerie sound of claw scrapping at the rocks can be heard still, but even with their brutish strength, they won't be able to break through that easily.

Tali sighed heavily, starting to feel exhausted from expending his mana from his healing and spells. He looked over towards Alice, a rather odd person who had two pets and who happened to live inside the tower.

"I believe we're fine now, thanks to your help." He said with a small smile before looking over to the other new face, who which happens to be the girl they were looking for.

"It's good to see that you're fine, Miss...Tasuil, correct?" He said, before blinking and watching the little Cyclops clinging onto Tasuil ankles. It felt good knowing that the quest was completed, and interesting to see how the harden warrior was now carrying the little mage away on her shoulder. He smiled, as he looked over to Odharn. "As long as she's safe, it's fine. But now, let's head ba-"

His flopped, brown ears gently twitched, looking a bit surprised as he stopped in mid sentence. He looked back to where the cave in was as he stared at it, like a actual rabbit. The sounds of the scratching ceased from the other side of the cave in.

___

The Guild

Some time had passed as Amy was working with the new adventurer Ade, her nickname for the girl, as they were just finishing up with the paperwork.

Usually when people become new adventures, they usually get paired witha guild member for them to report too and accept quests from after picking it off the board, and Amy happens to be that guild member for Ade. The cat girl stretched out lazily, looking like she had just completed the hardest task today.

In her case, it was.

"Nyaaa~ All the paperwork is finished!" She said as she let out a content sigh before looking up to the to girls. "But it is now official! You can call yourself an adventurer now!" She said with a grin.

"...Well, mostly a adventurer. Right now, we have to get you to Nezha's Familia so Twintails can create your sheet~"

Raptorman
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Raptorman » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:16 am

It had been taking a dreadfully long time for the charade involving Nezha and Wukong pretending to be adventurers for the benefit of the Runarl.... long enough to the point that ultimately Orianna and Adelaide had left the scene there despite the initial plans that Orianna had voiced, getting her friend approved by Nezha and then going to the dungeon. Instead they would get the necessary paperwork and forms filled out so that once Nezha was free it would simply be a matter of sheet creation before her old friend could join her in proper adventures.

When Amy had finished assisting Adelaide in filling out the necessary paperwork Orianna in a slightly uncharacteristically fashion came up behind her friend and wrapped her arms around her in a hug. While the two hugging was not that uncommon, it normally was initiated by Adelaide, she was the hugger after all. "Congratulations! Adelaide!" Her voice was clearly supportive and cheerful. "We are really close to achieving that childhood dream now."

Adelaide turned around and smiled. "Yes we are. And thank you Amy." She glanced back at the cat girl still smiling. "I'm grateful for your help, I've never been one for forms and the like. Management isn't for me." She laughed partially at herself and shared a look with her friend as if she was speaking of a particular set of incidents from their childhood as she laughed.

"Normally Nezha would be easy to find, but I think he's still busy with Wukong and that Runarl." Orianna sounded a bit unhappy as she spoke regarding which was understandable, a major childhood dream was almost within her grasp and just out of reach, but it was only for a moment. "In the meantime I can show you the house and introduce you to some of the others I have been working with, and to the little ones I help take care of." She smiled genuinely there. "Besides since you are joining us we'll need to set you up with a room there too."

"That sounds good Ori, don't worry. We've waited years to get to do this together, another day won't kill us." Adelaide winked at her friend.

Eventually the other girl nodded and she began to walk towards the door. "Well I should probably show you the way back now."

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:48 am

Myela "waaah!"'d and "whoa!"'d as she was lifted into the air, wiggling for a bit before she understood what was going on. She hugged her staff to her chest, looking up at the strong woman holding her.

They'd rescued her! She'd rescued her. She'd done it! She'd DONE it!

"hic... sob... W-we did do it! We finished the quest!!"

Myela's eye teared up as she realized the enormity of what she'd done. Her first quest! She'd finally, finally done it! Now people would stop ignoring her, and life would be happy and peaceful and good!

She began to cry as a wave of relief crashed over her.

"I-ib so habby~!" She blubbered, hugging her staff harder.

Ninmast
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

Post by Ninmast » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:52 pm

Dungeon Entrance

Sure enough, when Atalanta tried to take off with them in tow, he ... didn't ... go ... anywhere. He might as well have been trying to drag a mountain, and even the petite Nezha was unmoved by his efforts, despite seemingly being someone he could pick up and haul off like a damsel in distress. And then Bellona got her hand on him ... by the face ... and the struggle was over.

Wukong couldn't do much more than hang his head in embarrassment. "Way to go, noob," he told the fox boy. "Couldn't at least pretend to be competent like back in the square, could you? What a kid."

Nezha scowled up at him and shook a finger at the Monkey King. "Don't be like that, Sun. I told you we had people at the house that were qualified for this."

"Yeah, but they'd want in on the action!" the white-haired ruffian complained, rubbing the back of his head with his hand. He crossed his arms, tail flicking irritably. "Besides, she lets Hercules in, that pansy. And everyone knows his bodyguards are just for show. She's just perpetually hoping that it'll get Daddy Zeus to recognize her as a real deity someday."

Dungeon

Alice couldn't help but smile at the display, the mage seemed really delighted at the outcome. But a moment after the rabbit perked up, so did Princess, again moving between the group and the collapsed stairwell like she had before.

"What are you doing, Princess?" Alice asked. "It's not like they're getting back up through that."

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:37 pm

Tasuil, still holding the cyclops in her arms, paused at the sound of Alice's voice. Her face stony and still as Myela rested in her arms. Odharnait slowly rose, her hands clutching at her umbrella as she stared at the rubble. She stood, mouth agape for a moment, before she finally found her voice.

"Maybe they left?"

Her friend stared out the door before them, her mind drifting off to her many discussions and debates with adventurers and gods alike. Even before she decided to explore the dungeon, she had been fascinated by it. As she wandered the town in search of a friend to bond with over a scrap, she had listened and learned everything she could about this place, and the monsters within. She was a very disorganized person in general, but as her quest to find her mother led her here, she began taking detailed mental notes on the monsters here. Simply to fortify her own understanding of the beasts here. With the rush of combat now over, she felt her conscious mind flipping through the many interviews and discussions she had, talking of the many monsters here.

"No. Lizardmen are hunters. They enjoy pursuing and killing their prey. They don't give up their meat if they can smell it...unless something else scares them off." She turned, holding Myela with sudden resolve as she started down the corridor the way the group had come. "We should go, right about now!"

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:49 am

"S-s-s-something else?!?! But there were so many lizards! Wasn't that enough?! Wasn't that enough, Dungeon?!"

Myela, flustered by the tension the others were displaying with no personal idea as to the source, scurried on Tasuil like a monkey until she was piggy-backed on the larger woman, furtively peeking out her head to sneak glances while trying to be as hidden as possible.

... which didn't work well since her staff poked out very obviously from behind Tasuil.

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:39 am

“What? Hey wait!”

A shout of protest emerged from the half-elven woman, her complaints unheard as Myela scampered her way over the taller woman. Tasuil’s mouth opened to voice her indignation, yet she was swiftly cut off my Myela’s hand pressing down on her head. Her pristine teeth clattered against each other as Myela tumbled over one of Tasuil’s shoulders, catching herself on Tasuil’s coat behind her and clinging on like a child to her mother. Tasuil’s head swiveled to Myela, sending a wave of blonde hair over the cyclops girl. The half elf glowered at her hitch hiker, then her expression softened, and she turned ahead with a sigh. “Just hold on, okay? Oh, and try not to touch the end of the coat, that’s where the hidden knives are.”

Desperado57
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Desperado57 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Dungeon Entrance

"It's safety procedure for other Adventurers." She snapped to the monkey 'king', as he was titled, as she frowned. "Of course, Hercules can take care of himself, as the Adventurers that travel with him are there to help any other adventurers that might be in the vicinity of the floor they're on," Bellona said firmly as she placed a hand on her hip, propping her arm slightly. "You probably already forgotten since your brain is still stone, but if a god enters the dungeon, it causes a massive increase in monster activity and higher chances of powerful monsters to be spawned in. It put adventurers who aren't aware that a god entered the dungeon in a lot of danger, which is why we have all these rules set for whatever purpose for a god to enter the dungeon, and who is allowed."

She crossed her arms over her chest. "Now if the Runari wants to go into the dungeon, I have no obligations to stop him. But as far as I can see, he is but a new pawn to the board... Fresh-meat, more like it. Not capable of protecting other adventurers in the dungeon alone. Not saying he can't in the future, However."

---

The Dungeon

As the party members attempted to leave, the blocked pathway where the rocks had fallen suddenly lets out a loud thud, as something had just slammed itself against the pile of rocks from the other side. The rocks tremble and crumble, but it had not fallen over yet. The room where the adventurers were at shook suddenly, the floor and ceiling shaking from the impact.

Talila stumbled slightly from the hard shake of the room, before starting to make a step back from the cave-in. Whatever was on the other side knows that there's something on the other side of it, and it wants in.

Soon enough, the rock pile suddenly explode outwards from the 2nd impact towards it, as dust and rock scattered across the room, creating a fog that covered most of the entrance and a bit into the room where Princess, Dog, and Talila were. Talila shielded his eyes with his arm, as he looked towards the entrance.

The fog was concealing the entrance, making it difficult to see through it. But, a pair of red eyes started to glare through the fog intensely, as a loud reptilian snarl echoed throughout the room. The eyes swayed slowly, a sign of its large body was moving slowly into the room as each step it took made the ground quiver slightly. For any experienced adventurers, or those who probably lived in this dungeon for a while would recognize the creature.

A large reptilian, standing tall enough to overcome normal human heights, stares down upon the adventurers into the room. The entrance was just big enough for the creature to not get stuck as it entered, as it had 8 powerful legs on each side of its body. Curved spikes riddled the spine of the creature from neck to the end of its tail, which the skin had become stone towards the tip of its tail. Hungry eyes quickly moving between the adventurers in the room, looking to see which one was a tastier, unique meal for it. It was a basilisk!

But, this was not a normal one. Usually, basilisk's are a dark blue color and are smaller in size. This one was ruby red, with much more ferocious spikes along it's back, and sharper looking claws. Its teeth, caked in what seemed to be trog blood, remain in full view as the hungry reptile snarls heavily in anger. This was a more powerful version of the creature!

Talila was waving away the dust that had gotten into his eyes, as he was doing his best to walk backward, away from the creature.

-----

The Guild

Amy gently waved her hand in the air as she was praised, trying to act like the cool-cat she thought she was. "It's no trouble at all, Mreow~. The rest of this stuff just needs me to fill them out~. All you have to do is just report to Nezha whenever you can, and after you get your adventurer card made on your back, you'll be ready to take on the requests on the mission board~!" She purr'd out happily, as she stretches out her arms more into the air, leaning back into her seat.

"Normally I'd be the one guiding you to the house, buuuuuut I'm sure your sister can lead you the way~. It'll just mean more time for me to get all this finished~!" She said, smiling happily towards the two. But on the inside, it just means she gets to sit down even longer! "If you have any questions at all, just come find me as I'm the guild member that works with Nerzha's family. Meaning, all the adventurers would usually come to me~"
Last edited by Desperado57 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

Post by Ghostwriter » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:21 am

Dungeon Entrance

After being 'caught' the kid basically freezes in place, his face coming to a boil as it slowly reddens over time. Assuming of course she let go to cross her arms instead of dragging his face into her bosom he backs quickly away defensively and finally lets out his breath before panting. Why? It wasn't a normal occurrence for a goddess to hold you face to face with them and he already was awkward around women.

"Now if the Runari wants to go into the dungeon, I have no obligations to stop him. But as far as I can see, he is but a new pawn to the board... Fresh-meat, more like it. Not capable of protecting other adventurers in the dungeon alone. Not saying he can't in the future, However."

He blinks. "But I do want to go in! I've been training my entire life for it." He answers defensively. "Even if I'm a new... noob... even if I'm alone. But, I don't mind waiting or... uhm..." Atalanta's statement takes on a questioning tone half way through. "...reading a book or taking a test or whatever it is people do before their first time...? Is there some sort of dungeon pamphlet or something?" The little fox arches a brow confusedly.

"Anyway, I know how to defend myself, and I'm fast, and I'm clever. And Nezha just healed the poison so I'm feeling great. But I don't want to break any rules... at least not on my first time. So I appreciate any help and sincerely apologize for any trouble." Said before a short bow given to Bellona and Sun.

"I just thought I would go in and clear the first few floors, dip my toes in before jumping straight in? Get a taste for it, take it slow and careful, be on my best behavior." He nods. "What do people normally do on their first time?" He sweat drops, feeling awkward just asking what sounded like a silly question. Maybe he should have asked a few other adventurers about their first time? It was more complicated than he assumed it to be... "Sorry~" he says shyly.
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect