Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Dragonball RP: Saiyan's Pride OOC

Where all OOC threads for RPs that will take place within the Worlds of Balance will go.

Moderator: Georgeanna

Darkblade
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Necromancer

Re: Dragonball RP: Saiyan's Pride OOC

Post by Darkblade » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:51 am

Yes, I'm not one to turn people away. Right now Earthling and Saiyan are selectable races right now. Earthling wouldn't be too hard to insert you into the Z fighter training, while Saiyan would be with the main force of saiyans.. which is harder due to the year training we're in to face them.. and we kinda killed the spare saiyans I sent to Earth. But then I wouldn't be me if I didn't have an idea or two on that score.

McGenty
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Adventurer

Post by McGenty » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:09 am

How would you feel about earthling with minor cybernetic enhancements (not remotely close to Gero style, by any means)?

I have an idea for a government agent tasked with monitoring all these powerful fighters that have surfaced, in light of Pilaf and Piccolo's reigns. Of course, he would be behind the 8 ball on training compared to Roshi's pupils, but the government attempted a workaround with crude implants that enable him to access and use ki. It's dangerous and stupid, since using his ki without the proper training puts his life force at risk, but that's the point. I see his arc being learning their are no shortcuts and eventually learning to keep up without reliance on the cybernetics.

Thoughts? If that doesn't work, I have a couple other notions I can follow.
Thanks to Forge for the set!

Darkblade
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Darkblade » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:18 am

I wouldn't go with cybernetics, outside of Gero there was only Flappe, Dr. Mashirito, and Dr. Slump. Flappe being Eighter's creator.. Mashirito and Slump being rivals in the Dr Slump series that technically takes place in the same world as they have a few cross overs including in Super.

McGenty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by McGenty » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 am

Roger that. Perhaps a secretive program attempting to reverse engineer ki training without knowing exactly what it is, then...

Darkblade
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Darkblade » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:41 am

While military is a decent concept, I probably wouldn't make it some weird program. Z seemed to forget that Dragonball almost every tournament participant used ki in some form, so it's hardly some secret. Techniques are obviously secret, but drawing ki and using it while not second nature to humans it wasn't overly difficult to learn.
Unlike the WTO with a little training a human could use ki and not need weapons to shoot ki.

McGenty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by McGenty » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:42 am

Fair point. I think I'll have a sheet worked up for you soon then.

McGenty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by McGenty » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:38 am

Name: Agent Gray
Race: Earthling
Power Level:
Appearance: As his profession requires him to be a master of disguise, Gray’s eye color, hair color, facial features, and dress are constantly changing. Furthermore, below the contacts, makeup, prosthetics, and other tools of his trade, Gray quite lives up to his name in that he appears perfectly, almost unnaturally, average. With brown hair, brown eyes, medium build, and no distinguishing features whatsoever, he specifically suits his appearance to his environment so well that unless you’re specifically looking form him, he may as well be invisible. There is one distinctive feature about him. Most don’t notice it, since you’d have to be paying attention to him to catch his eye in the first place, but his eyes seem blank. Of course, all the physical components are there – it just seems there’s no spark in them at all. It’s been said even by his colleagues that he has “the eyes of a dead man.”
Personality: Much like his appearance, Gray’s persona changes with the wind. He becomes whomever he must for the mission to succeed. His true personality is quiet, reflective, and in earnest search of some meaning beyond his orders.

History:Gray awakened in a hospital bed, his last and only memory of a building collapsing on him. He would later learn this was the work of one of Demon King Piccolo’s minions. As his body recovered, his mind did not, and it was determined he had severe, potentially permanent long-term memory loss. What belongings of his had survived the disaster - some shreds of his clothing and a cell phone damaged beyond repair or recovery - told him little to nothing about himself. No one came forward to identify him, and he had not the slightest notion where to look for his past.
As his release from care neared, the man was presented with two offers. The one, by a surgeon hoping to test a highly experimental memory restoration procedure on a willing volunteer. The other, by a general with particular use for men “without attachments.” Of course, his humanity pulled Gray toward the doctor’s offer, as any man would want to know who he was. Sensing this, the General sweetened the deal by revealing his goal was to create a force to confront the monsters that had taken so much from Gray and others like him. While there was a measure of strength that might be gained by learning what he had lost, the General explained, it paled in comparison to the power that came from having nothing to lose.
Gray ended up accepting the General’s offer and, with time and training, became “Agent Gray.” He, and others like him, were the government’s attempted answer to King Piccolo and his ilk. Unfortunately, they weren’t ready for prime time, and a group of civilian martial artists dealt with the Demon King long before the team was trained and ready to deploy.
Still, the Agency had its uses for the Ki-adept agents. Gray proved especially talented in disguise, infiltration, and espionage which made him the natural choice for his eventual assignment: locate, infiltrate, and monitor the strongest surviving participants from the 28th tournament. Thanks to Pilaf and Piccolo, the King of the World has identified these fighters as potential threats to the entire planet. While there is currently no interest in unnecessary conflict with warriors of their caliber, the government does have great interest in keeping track of them.

Techniques: In addition to a brutally efficient fighting style (this world’s equivalent of Krav Maga) and an arsenal of conventional weapons, Gray has developed a few new tricks with the help of his support team. By reviewing and dissecting every moment of the last several tournaments, they attempted to reverse engineer the techniques the god-like participants displayed. Some of their attempts appear even to have worked.
- Strike Projection: Gray can “push” ki from his body in short, powerful blasts from the part of his body with which he is striking. Not only does this add a devastating force to his attacks, it also allows him to extend his effective combat range, from inches to yards, depending on how much energy he’s willing to exert. He also frequently uses this to catch an opponent off guard by establishing himself as a close range fighter, and then hitting them with an especially powerful blow from a distance.
- Shadow Strikes: By carefully timing the buildup and release of energy in his Strike Projection, Gray can create "energy shadows" of himself and his attacks. These shadows appear not unlike an afterimage, with the exception that whatever attack the image appears to be doing will complete before the image fades. As Gray leaves the shadow by creating the energy and then moving quickly away, the strike is less powerful than a normal strike projection, since his physical fist, knee, or whatever is no longer part of the attack - but they still pack a punch.
- Strike Grenades Another application of Strike Projection, in this technique the projected strike is an explosive burst of energy. Unlike regular projections, Strike Grenades take a moment to charge, more for a particularly powerful strike.
- Barrier: An extreme application of Strike Projection, this is energy pushed from all over Gray’s body at once. He can adapt the size and shape of the shield by controlling how he projects the energy, but he can’t project it more than a few feet outward from his body, and he can’t maintain it indefinitely as it’s quite strenuous. He generally uses this ability in quick bursts to mitigate more dangerous attacks or to throw an opponent off balance.
- Surgical Strike: Gray’s blast attack is far less showy, but no less dangerous than moves like the Kamehameha. Favoring efficiency over raw power, Gray projects a thin, but potent beam, generally no larger than the two fingers he uses to create it, which he can direct and manipulate with great precision. At present, he can fire and control two of these at once (one from each hand) with only a slight loss in said precision.
Last edited by McGenty on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darkblade
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Darkblade » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:56 am

I'm going to say no to Ki Dagger and Ki Enhancement, creating blades with ki already a thing for Khol, Persi, and Amy has a similar skill. Ki enhancement wouldn't work with the PL system I'm using.. Barrier would be basically enhancing defense, while Strike Projection would be enhancing offense. Thus Ki Enhancement would be redundant..

Ki sense I wouldn't class as a technique.. like flying it gets to the point that less people don't have it than do.
Surgical Strike is a controllable dodon ray from the description.. so that's ok.
Projection and Barrier are ok.

History is a bit odd, why would he have no memories? Being a soldier of some agency doesn't sound like something that would erase everything, especially if it's the sort of organisation that reports to the King of the World. Being off the books, black ops stuff wouldn't preclude him having a life before his recruitment. Did he opt to fight due to losing someone during the the reign of pilaf or piccolo and his 'demons', or was he always a model soldier who had to serve during those times.

Side note the image won't load.. seems you need to update your photobucket account.

McGenty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by McGenty » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:39 am

Okay, some updates. You're right, a secret black ops experimentation doesn't really jibe with the DBZ 'verse. So I'm keeping the black ops, but dumping the experimentation. He just got amnesia the good old fashioned head trauma route. :)

Removed the attacks you mentioned and replaced them with some other applications of Strike Projection. I'll update Photobucket eventually. You can basically use my avatar as a reference for his appearance as well.

better?

Darkblade
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Darkblade » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:21 am

I'll get to work on converting them to the system, multiplier of PL, cost, extra effect. That'll probably be the first thing I do in tomorrow, but as there won't be any fighting right away I'll let you post your first post.

I shall assign you a power level of 1200, as that'll put you in touching distance.

Well I've added you to the first page.. well your moves and power level stuff.. the accepted character sheets kinda hit the 60000 character limit on posts.

McGenty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by McGenty » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:20 am

Spent the weekend getting up to speed, hoping to post this afternoon.

Is anyone averse to Gray having been *trying* to spy on Bulma's shindig? Given the government agent thing is *almost* a gag - in that the military is frequently shown in DBZ to be next to useless - I have no problem with somebody spotting/sensing him and calling him out if they want to. It'd be a good excuse to properly introduce him to the group.

Darkblade
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Darkblade » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:11 am

The party ended over a month ago in rp time. The most recent posts have seen the close of the first month of training to fight the saiyans.

McGenty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by McGenty » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:30 am

Doh...I missed a page somehow. That's what I get for reading with a fever.

That being the case, where would you suggest I drop in?

Darkblade
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Darkblade » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:35 am

Well as you won't know the way to get to Kami's lookout, you'll probably have ended up spying on Khol and the Saiyans. Which means you probably found yourself watching a pod for a month which then promptly blew up and collapsed the plateau it was on.. or one the three groups training. Though each group would've sensed you or found you by scouter.. leaving Khol in a pod the only one who wouldn't require a retcon to watch.

McGenty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by McGenty » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:47 am

Gotcha. I think I've got a plan now. I'll backfill the month that's already passed and then pick up at the site of the explosion - that's the kind of thing Gray would be looking for anyway.

Darkblade
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Darkblade » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:13 am

Ok, I suspect Raptor won't post.. but if Nin and Kindred are done with their conversation I'm going to wrap up this segment and begin the next training period. It will be two months long to complete the first 'session' of the four.
As I want to speed things along, I will be controlling the sparring session the Saiyan group have with after this session comes to a close. Human group will get their sparing session after the sixth month, with a joint spar at the ninth month and the saiyans arriving at the twelfth.

Darkblade
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Darkblade » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:55 am

I hate double posting, but this is a heads up that I'll be skipping us to the next training period in my next post.. so giving the weekend for interactions before moving along on Monday.

Kindredtown
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Warrior

Post by Kindredtown » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:44 am

I'll get a post in before I leave for my trip tonight or tomorrow. Not sure how often I'll be able to post during this weekend though but I'll be fine once Monday comes.
Sometimes the lines get blurred. Sometimes the only thing between you and them is the mask and cape.

Thanks to the Kiry for this Epic Set

Darkblade
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Darkblade » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 am

Ok the next training session begins, and this time I'm putting a hard cap on the wait I'm willing to give. This will finish the first quarter, so is two months long. The deadline is the 13th December, so two weeks, should be plenty of time.

Kindredtown
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Warrior

Post by Kindredtown » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:14 pm

That should be fine for me. I'm about to start writing my departure post.
Sometimes the lines get blurred. Sometimes the only thing between you and them is the mask and cape.

Thanks to the Kiry for this Epic Set