Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Blades in the Mist (Naruto RP OOC)

Where all OOC threads for RPs that will take place within the Worlds of Balance will go.

Moderator: Georgeanna

Darkblade
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

Blades in the Mist (Naruto RP OOC)

Post by Darkblade » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:24 am

Well this should be too hard to explain, as it’s a Naruto RP, thus there is plenty of resources out there to explain anything I don’t cover. Though if you need help, be sure to ask me, I’m a bit of a lore buff on the setting.. as I am a consumer of all things.

The World of Naruto

As you can see the majority of the landmass is taken up by the five great nations, each taking their title after an element. All nations great or small have a single Daimyō as it’s ruler, with various cities and villages under their rule. Under the current system each Daimyō has a single Hidden Village under their control, this is where Ninja reside.
Each of the Great Hidden Villages have a Kage as their leader, a title to signify their greatness in comparison to the smaller villages who tend to use the title of Village Elder. Though a few do indeed use the suffix of Kage as a matter of pride, or a direct challenge to the Great Five.
The Land of Iron has no Ninja, instead it is home to the remaining Samurai, by general agreement the Land of Iron is left alone by Ninja and the Samurai’s Leader is treated similarly to that of a Kage at summits, even acting as an impartial mediator.

As our Characters are going to be from Kirikagure, that would mean the Land of Water which is also known as the Land of Mist is the area we ought to focus a bit of attention on. So lets focus a bit on it’s history and current state of affairs.

The Land of Water/Mist
Easily the smallest nation, if one were to look only at the size of it’s landmass, is composed of numerous islands. Each with their own unique traditions, leading to the nation as a whole being much more diverse in it’s culture than it’s larger cousins. The climate is typically cool, with mist being a pervading weather phenomena, though some islands are known for their snowfields.
Politically speaking, the Water Daimyō prefers to keep out of global affairs. Though tensions exist, particularly with the Land of Sea and their expansionist policy of late. They also are equally tense with the Land of Waves, and their strong ties with the Land of Fire, even hiring ninja from Konoha rather than from Kirigakure. Though the Land of Water is at peace now, it’s history has been on of near constant civil war.
These now forgotten wars have left their scars upon the land of water, but more so on it’s people. For while the nation still makes use of them, clans with Kekkei Genkai were used extensively during those wars. Leading to purges, and genocide of clans harbouring such abilities. Leading to many such individuals going into hiding, fearing their secret abilities become known to their neighbours.
It likely helped the growth the land of water’s Hidden Village, Kirigakure, where many kekkei genkai users could be more open with their nature. Such traits being a useful thing for a ninja, though even here there have been problems. The Kaguya Clan was wiped out, and the Yuki Clan while revered these days are still rebuilding decades after the purges sent them into hiding.

Kirigakure
The Village Hidden by Mist, takes it’s name rather literally for the Village is indeed surrounded by a perpetual mist, making it a very difficult village to find. The village is led by the Mizukage (Water Shadow), and operates on the type of caste system set up during the founding of the village, though is much looser in the present day.
Highest ranked were those whose family’s lineage originally stemmed from/within Kirigakure. The next rung is held by those whose families were allied with Kirigakure in the past, with the lowest caste being those who originated from defeated foes they annexed into the village. In the early days this third caste were handled with great care, and were used to deal with the most dangerous missions, thus keeping them occupied and preventing a revolt. The caste system is pretty much forgotten about by the average civilian, as this along with other practices has seen a dramatic overhall under the current and previous Mizukage.

Village of the Bloody Mist, a term to coined by in the past, came about from a period of ruthlessness in the village’s history. Where in order to graduate, students had to fight to the death, with the survivors given the rank of Genin. This practive would come to a head when a a civilian (Zabuza Momochi) still not enrolled entered the graduation battle and slaughtered that year’s entire class. Though this was not the only reason the village had such a blood soaked reputation, for under the Fourth Mizukage Yagura Karatachi things would get even worse. Corruption and the pursuit of power become the way of things, leading to the village to end up losing many of it’s ninja, to the point they created a special division known as the Hunter-nin specifically to deal with these rogue ninja.

The Village was home to an elite squad of kenjutsu users, known as the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist. Each wielding a powerful weapon, each of which was handed down the generations. However before the Fourth Ninja War all but one of these swords was lost to the village. Though presently the swords are back within the possession of the Village, the Kage has yet to appoint a new generation of the Seven. A recent failed coup was orchestrated by a group calling themselves the New Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, who had stolen the seven swords, but they were retrieved and once more residing in the Kage’s vault.

Even before the Fourth Ninja war, the Fifth Mizukage had done much to reform the village. Her successor would push even further, taking part in many activities with the other Hidden Villages that they normally abstained from such as the Chunin Exams. His actions have left a sour taste in the mouth of some villagers who preferred the days of the Bloody Mist, but that does not seem to prevent the village’s new growth. As once a rather humble place, it has become a sprawling metropolis that rivals all other villages in sheer wealth if not size.

The Village has a high occurrence of Water affinity amongst it’s ninja, there are also a notable few of Yin affinity. The Second Mizukage being a famous example. The academy of the hidden mist while forgoing the practices of old is still considered the harshest of the Great Villages. Not only are students expected to perform the normal rudimentary jutsu all ninja know, but also train in advanced techniques such as water walking and Kenjutsu. Though as many in the village harbour hopes of becoming one of the seven swordsmen, and have an inordinate amount of rivers and lakes while surrounded by the ocean, it makes common sense to train them in these aspects even if some do not end up adopting kenjutsu. Due to this rather more extensive training, genin of the mist village are expected to be able to be able to take part in higher than average ranked missions of similarly ranked ninja elsewhere.

While Kirigakure is expected to serve and protect the Land of Water’s Daimyō they also perform duties for the Land of Sea, and the Land of Waves. Though as ninja can be hired by anyone, there isn’t really a limit as to where you might encounter a Mist Ninja.

Jutsu

A ninja is a person that their user tasks with solving their problems, well it’s a bit more involved that that but that’s the basic principle of the Ninja. Recieve a mission, and complete it to the best of one’s ability. That never changes, no matter which village one belongs to. Thus Ninja are trained in various arts of combat to better do their missions, typically called jutsu for short.

A jutsu begins with chakra, the creation of which is formed by moulding one’s spiritual and physical energies. This this then channelled through hand signs (though some jutsu don’t require any) and other such actions that then release the effect the user was trying to achieve. Improper chakra control can lead to misfiring jutsu, that can even prove fatal to the user.

Jutsu like missions are Ranked from E - S in order of difficulty, though jutsu that originate from a Kekkei Genkai or other such unique abilities have no such rank though this does not mean they only require the right blood line to achieve.

E, Academy Students are expected to master these in order to graduate.
D, Genin Level, simple enough that any ninja could learn them with some of training.
C, Chunin level, Moderate in difficulty to achieve.
B, Jonin Level, High levels of control are required to learn such a technique.
A, Kage Level, Requiring near perfect control over one’s chakra, a fair few A rank jutsu are become Forbidden/kinjutsu due to their effects/side effect.
S, Secret, Requring extreme levels of training and are typically end up being unique to a single user due to the difficulty in creating/learning the jutsu.

This is not a hard and fast rule, a Genin could learn an S ranked Jutsu under the right conditions. As shown in the series, a person could be a Genin for a good chunk of their life, if they’re unlucky when it comes to promotion opportunities. That and the right mentor could help things along considerably, compared to just trying to create a jutsu out of thing air.

Jutsu Type
Each jutsu comes under a type, though the main three are simple enough to figure out I’ll go through them anyway.

Taijutsu
Martial arts is the main way to think of taijutsu, the least chakra draining of the main three type of jutsu. Relying on one’s stamina (physical energy) and strength to achieve the desired effect (usually punching or kicking something). Advanced Taijutsu incorporates chakra, usually to enhance the strength of a blow, but it can go beyond just that simplistic usage.
Taijutsu typically requires no hand seals, as your fists are generally busying becoming acquainted with the opponent’s face.

Genjutsu
Illusions, that is the first thing you should think of when it comes to genjutsu. Nothing your foe experiences under the effects of a genjutsu is real, though try telling them that as advanced genjutsu feels very real. Those with an affinity to the Yin Element are good with Genjutsu. All genjutsu need to latch onto a sense in order to work, sight and sound are typically the main ways to lock a person into a genjutsu.

Ninjutsu
The most nebulous of jutsu types, typically involving an effect not covered by the other two main types. Breathing fire, summoning mist, forming a golem out of dirt, etc. A lot of stuff can be done with Ninjutsu, and it burns Chakra like there is no tomorrow.

Where does Kenjutsu come into all this? Well that’s simple it’s jutsu based around sword combat. Ninjutsu to add a flames to the edge? Taijutsu to move really fast, and swing really hard? A sword that whistles making the foe see nightmarish images? All that is kenjutsu, though also the main three, though genjutsu is the hardest one to do kenjutsu with as typically a sword is just a solid lump of steel without chakra to ‘inject’ into the foes network.

I’d go into all the other jutsu types, but frankly I don’t think we’ll need them explained here as they’re more case by case than a generalised thing everyone will be working with.

Elements, the other aspect of a jutsu that can determine just how effective it can be in a given situation. I don’t think I need to explain what the elements are, except Yang and Yin, as if you haven’t got a clue what Wind is.. I don’t know how you made it this far without exploding.

Yin Release
Deals with the manipulation of spiritual energy, from manipulating shadows, to minds, Genjutsu is all about Yin Release. It can be combined with Yang Release to create Yin-Yang Release.

Yang Release
As it’s the opposite of Yin release, you can probably guess this is to do with the body. Indeed a Yang release tends to involve manipulating the body, almost in the fashion of a Kekkei Genkai. Doubling in size, is one notable usage of the Yang Release power.

Yin-Yang Release
A combination release that is not tied to a blood line, however that is not to say it’s a simple case of grab some Yin and add it to Yang, it’s turning the body and spirit into an element beyond the five basic elements. One who is able to use such a release can nulify all ninjutsu, create the impossible, even raise the dead or restore the dying. (Can you guess what I’ll do if you try saying you have this element? If not, well chibi will be well fed)

Kekkei Genkai

These are traits born in the blood, usually a family/clan thing though different from a Hiden (clan jutsu) as it’s virtually impossible to learn a jutsu that relies on a Kekkei Genkai without being of the right bloodline. I’m going to skip one of the big Kekkei Genkai types as they’re all tied up in the Konoha or all dead. Aka I’m not having everyone and their sister with a sharingan.

Advanced Element Release, this form of Kekkei Genkai is typically based around ninjutsu, as it involves the ability to access an elemental release that would normally be impossible. I’ll give a little information on each of them, at least the ones with information to give.

Boil Release
The combination of Fire and Water, one notable usage of this was to create a corrosive vapour. Dissolving Enemies and allies alike caught within it, the user can alter the acidity even after the vapour is released.

Explosion Release
Earth and Lightning Release, allows the user to create explosions with their chakra. The more common way of utilising this is with taijutsu, whereby an explosion is transfered into the target which is promptly released. Another method was to infuse an object with Explosion release and then detonate it, the size of the object being proportional to the size of the explosion.

Ice Release
Water and Wind, able to create and manipulate Ice. This ice can be made resistant to even a fire style jutsu. Another method used with Ice release was to plant ice particles on a target, who would promptly freeze to death if they didn’t use their chakra to keep themselves warm though the effectiveness is determined by the moisture in the air. The Yuki Clan are a famous Ice Release clan from the Land of Water.

Lava Release
Earth and Fire, a rather nebulous kekkei genkai as there are numerous users of Lava release who use it in completely different ways. From Molten Rock as expected, Acidic Mud, Corrosive Quicklime, Vulcanised Rubber, and Volcanic Ash have all be created with the use of Lava Release.

Magnet Release
Earth and Wind, the user generates a magnetic force they can then apply to a substance. It has been used on metallic minerals to achieve a form of sand that bends to the users will, or weapons that transfer their magnetic property to anything they touch causing it to be easier to target with metalitc weapons.

Mud Release (I’m not including Wood even though they share the same elements)
Water and Earth, while not a rare kekkei genkai, due to wood release’s fame it’s rare to find a person who has even heard of Mud Release. The main usage has been creation of ceramics, and turning solid ground into mud. Another trait is that their hands always end up dirty afterwards, leaving a bit of a stigma around it.

Scorch Release
Fire and Wind, allows the user to create intense heat that can evaporate the water in the body when it makes contact. Also able to generate intense flame, though Scorch release fairs poorly against Water Release.

Storm Release
Water and Lightning, despite it’s name doesn’t create nor manipulates storms. Instead it creates and manipulates electricity that flows like water.

Think that’s enough on Element GKs, onto the other type which is much simpler even though it’s more varied.

Body Manipulation, those with this type of Kekkei Genkai can manipulate some aspect of their body. Be it the ability to merge their body with another, create weapons from their bones, even passive absorb natural energy bypassing the training needed to use senjutsu to highlight a couple of strange things that this type of Kekkei Genaki can do. There is plenty of other ways it could express, but then I’m not about to turn this into a novel and explain every which way a body could be different from the norm.

Think that’s enough of that, I’ve given information of various things, well enough to wet one’s appetite anyway. Now to tell you when this is happening, time frame is shortly before Boruto’s Chunin Exam. Like right before, the team graduates, and Mizukage runs off to with the prospective Chunin while we start our story. We’ll hear things about what happens, but we won’t be involved in Boruto’s story. We’re genin of the hidden Mist, well except the Jonin who I’ve yet to create.. so mehmoo. Between me and many wikis on the subject of the setting, I think we’ll be able to come up with some interesting characters right?

Darkblade
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: Blades in the Mist (Naruto RP OOC)

Rules
As this will be set in the Hidden Mist, there won’t be anyone running around with Sharingans, Byakugans etc. Nor will clans from the hidden leaf be a thing either, at least it gives you more room to come up with someone more original.

Combat for the most part will be an honour system, so no wacky systems to figure out just decent writing and imaginative usage of abilities.

Though in a pvp combat situation, try posting reaction, then action, as it’s easier to read a post in that order.

No God Moding, Auto Dodging, nor Controlling other people’s characters.

While I’m not exactly a fan of it, collaborative posts are allowed.

I do hope people will post at the very least once a week, and am understanding that sometimes life gets in the way. However I shall at times have deadlines where a post must be made, bad things happen if you miss those deadlines so let me know if you have issues with getting a post out in time.

I have the final say on pretty much everything, so don’t try and brow beat your fellow members over any aspect of the rp. If you have a problem, bring it to me, and I’ll decide what to do about it.

Character sheet below is the format I accept, my own character should be a decent example of how to fill it in. Though as I’m GM I kinda know how my character is going to fit into the setting, so try to be as detailed as possible to better aid in setting up nice things for your character to do.

Name:
Nature Affinity Earth/Wind/Fire/Water/Yin/Yang (While a Ninja can learn jutsu of practically any basic element, a ninja will always perform best with jutsu of their Nature Affinity)
Kekkei Genkai (You don’t need one but this is where it would go)
Appearance:
History:
Jutsu:
Jutsu Name:
Element: Earth/Wind/Fire/Water/Yin/Yang (Or Kekkei Genkai’s element)
Jutsu Type:
Effect:

Oh and have fun of course, basic reason we are here after all.

Darkblade
Journeyman
Journeyman

Character Sheets

Darkblade's Characters (technically the Jonin Might end up being my creations so the plural is there for that)
Name: ‘Rukiri' Nori Namako
Nature Affinity Water
Kekkei Genkai
Kiritai (Mist Body, cause I’m lazy at naming things)
Rukiri’s body is comprised of mist, he is able to shift between solid and mist state at will and incorperates this into his jutsu. His mist isn’t constrained to just being his body or mist, able to form objects according to his desires. At his current level he keeps himself more or less solid, using his mist state to avoid blows before countering, his clothing at present is not made from his ability. The water hydration technique was said to be derived by studying this Kekkei Genkai during the Waring States Period. (I know it wasn’t, but hey I’m adding some lore mystique as the village could use some)

Appearance:
History: (Bit short I know, but then I don't need to explain to myself what my character is)
Rukiri isn’t his real name, but a nickname that has been used so much that nobody seems to ever think to use his real name. It’s also an insult a reminder of darker times, at least by the adults who know the truth of Rukiri’s abilities. For Rukiri could become mist, something that certainly shocked his parents when they tried tossing and catching him as parents are want to do with a toddler. Even more of a shock as this particular ability was not something the Namako clan were reputed to possess, what was known of the ability was that it and it's users vanished around the time of Kirigakure's founding so it was practically impossible to track the lineage.
A kekkei genkai user isn’t the most loved person in the Land of Water, even within Kirigakure. One who can become mist, in a land that’s surrounded by it, you’re the boogieman. The thing young children are told will creep into their rooms to take their life, whom ignorant people try using their fear as a reason to be aggressive. In short, the lowest of the low, in a village that ought to revere them. Tempers flared when he sought to become a ninja as all Namako clansman did before him, the Mizukage put a stop to that and enrolled him and forbade the discussion of Rukiri's Kekkei Genkai as frankly it would only panic them needlessly. To keep the secret, Rukiri goes out of his way to hide exactly how his own jutsu work, it's gotten to the point some think he's either super fast to avoid those blows that should've hit, or some sort of genius who can do space/time jutsu.
Though Rukiri's thoughts weren't really in the whole issue of him nor his power, nope, he wanted to learn to become a Ninja. Then go off and see the world, do his Kage's bidding and rise up in the ranks. He wanted what most kids wanted in the Village Hidden by Mist, to become one of the Seven. Though today he was going to settle with becoming a Genin of the Hidden Mist, hopefully his team wouldn’t be too annoying.

Jutsu:
Jutsu Name: Eighth Sword
Element: Kekkei Genkai
Jutsu Type: Kenjutsu
Effect: Creates a sword from his mist, he normally has a sword already formed as he prefers to use Kenjutsu. He purposely named it Eighth Sword as an homage to his desire to become One of the Seven. His style is Iado, though with a few modifications, as he holds the sheathed blade in his left hand behind his back. Grasping the hilt with his right, and swinging the blade out of it's sheath in a manner of a kunai than a sword. Though he does adopt the more traditional Iado stance when he feels pressured.
(As he advances, Rukiri will be able to make more interesting weapons than his simple katana)

Jutsu Name: Vale of Mist
Element: Kekkei Genkai
Jutsu Type: Ninjutsu
Effect: Similar to the Hidden Mist technique it blankets the area in mist, the difference is that the area is covered in his chakra blinding even sensor types and Dojutsu users as they’d just see the colour of his chakra around.
(When sufficiently advanced Rukiri is capable of forming his body anywhere within the mist,as it’s the components of his body giving the impression of teleportation.)

Jutsu Name: Mist Clone
Element: Kekkei Genaki
Effect: Creates a clone out of mist, at present it hovers between solid and mist as attacks can hit and disperse it but can also pass through it. Mist Clones have the same chakra colour as Rukiri making it hard to tell them apart.
(Eventually the clones created this way will have no real difference from Rukiri’s normal body, as he will have enough mist to do that sort of thing.)

---

Name: Kasumi Yagami
Nature Affinity Water is so strong that she is able to produce masses of water without a natural source.
Kekkei Genkai N/A
Appearance:
History:
Kasumi Yagami, a hunter-nin now tasked with becoming an instructor to a new batch of genin. Once a vain girl, who only became a ninja as a way to increase her own prestige in the village. That would change, though the scars she bares she proudly displays a sign that she isn’t completely without vain thoughts. The most impressive scar was her first, the price for not betraying her village even as a young genin.
She’s picked up even more during her time as a hunter-nin, though she gained no fame nor praise. For none bar the Kage would ever learn the full details of the missions she undertook behind the mask of the hunter-nin. But to her role she played in the village was not only a duty, but personal to her.
Though not exactly thrilled at the thought of becoming an instructor to a bunch of wet behind the ears genin, she will ensure that they are worthy of becoming a ninja of Kirigakure. It is also an opportunity for her, a chance to do things the village are allowed to know about. A legacy born not of enduring, nor scars, that was certainly an upside to the headaches she saw ahead of her.

Jutsu: As a jonin, she has an extensive library of techniques to call upon, ranging across the five elements and beyond. Some might get usage, but for the most part this list is more for the jutsu she uses a lot.

Jutsu Name: Water Release: Water Clone
Element: Water
Effect: The user creates one or more copies of themselves. Unlike the standard Clone Technique, these water clones are physically real, allowing them to interact with others and even perform the same jutsu as the user. When a water clone is sufficiently damaged, it will revert back into water. They can operate at a limited range from their user, and as bodies of water their user can use them for other water based jutsu. The power of a water clone is variable, though is usually around a tenth of the user’s power.

Jutsu Name: Secret Technique: Mist Rain
Effect: A technique known by Kirigakure hunter-nin. The user makes rain that absorbs any chakra that it comes in contact with, as long as it's not of the same signature as the original user. Essentially nullifying most Ninjutsu within it’s area, it doesn’t however leech chakra from people.

Jutsu Name: Bloodied Spear of the Mist
Effect:
A crimson fluid which is kept in a special container is manipulated into a spear, which she uses to fight with. This fluid is toxic, able to disrupt the flow of chakra. A chest wound could very well stop the chakra flow around one’s heart stopping it instantly, or create respiritory problems as the lungs cease to function properly. She is able to use normal water for this technique, though it lacks the chakra disrupting toxin of course.

Jutsu Name: Water Release: Water Dragon Bullet Technique
Effect: The user manipulates water into the shape of a dragon, which they then direct at a target. The water crashes upon the target, dealing significant physical damage. Ideally, users will use pre-existing bodies of water for this technique, but sufficiently skilled users can instead create the water themselves, spitting the dragon from their mouths. The more talented the user, the greater the amount of water that the dragon can be made from.

Ninmast
Name: Hiroki Hashiji (First name then surname, as I'm unsure the order being used here, if it's usual surname-first Japanese style, his name is Hashiji Hiroki)

Age: 14 (due to an earlier birthday, not repeating a year)

Nature Affinity Water (but gains no benefit from the affinity and it is treated as a non-affinity element concerning chakra usage and difficulty of learning)

Kekkei Genkai None

Appearance: Hiroki is an extremely attractive child developing into a young man with the looks of a bishounen model. His perfect smile charmed countless underclassmen in the academy, especially paired with his thick, flowing blue locks and matching eyes. He commonly wears dark blue robes with a lighter blue sash, but also possesses a collection of costumes and more casual clothes for blending in wherever he needs to do so. An early bloomer and a little older than his fellows, he's already developing the beginning of a young man's build with a triangular torso and muscle development. The chain of his kusari-gama is hidden under his robes, wrapped around his body. Not only does this conceal his primary weapon and make it difficult to tell how much of it he still isn't using, but the chains also absorb some of the force of incoming blows, increasing his survivability. In his sash and hidden within the seam of his tunic are a collection of scrolls, ropes, hooks, caltrops, kunai, stars, smoke bombs and other tools of the ninja.

History: The Hashiji clan are one of the founding families of Kirigakure, with a long legacy of powerful ninjas and even the inheritors of two Kekkei Genkai (both are in their family line, but receivers only manifest one or the other), one that reinforced the body's combat potential and another that essentially manifested psychokinesis. They are leaders, strategists and developers, and generations being among the most uplifted clans in the land of the mist have made them very wealthy and reknowned. His own parents each possess one of the Kekkei Genkai, his father the telekinetic Chokyori Haji (long distance grasping) and his mother the powerful Kami no Karada (deity's body). Even Hiroki's name indicated a high expectation from birth, marking his parents' hope that he would display "abundant strength."

Sucks to be him, because though he was born a beautiful baby and would grow to quickly show a keen and studious mind, it wasn't long before it became painfully apparent that he lacked pretty much everything else his family was known for. To date, he has manifested neither of his parents' Kekkei Genkai and doesn't even seem to have any particular nature affinity, in that no element comes any more naturally to him than any other. Though he is their first child, they had a daughter a few years later who quickly manifested their father's Genkai and has recently entered the academy with a promising future. She idolizes her big brother too much to realize how painfully aware he is of his own shortcomings.

Determined not to dishonor his family regardless, he instead plied what talents he did possess into his ninja training, pouring his intellect and focus into being the most studious student of his grade. A natural choice for a class president, always prepared with the correct answer, always practicing outside of class, and always quick to help his fellow students with everything from tutoring to cleaning and errands, he quickly became well-liked by both his teachers and most of his fellow students, praised for quick thinking and battlefield assessment. His dedication to his craft meant that his grades didn't suffer for his lackings, though few realized the extra strain it cost him, especially compared to some of his more gifted peers, as he also mastered the art of putting forth an easy face to mask the effort so that it was never readily apparent how he struggled, especially with rapidly subsequent jutsus.

While many of his fellows took to flashy elemental displays and clones and all other manner of sorcery, he conserved his chakra by building his fighting style around a much more traditional approach, utilizing misdirection, tools and a keen eye. Most of the jutsus he's committed most strongly to his reportoire serve to reinforce his tools rather than producing their own standalone effects, and he goes to great effort to precisely scribe his scrolls for direct effects and infuse them ahead of time, so that he has time to recover and has to contribute less chakra to the encounter, itself. Though activating a jutsu from a scroll is slower than initiating it directly, his manipulative style is ideal for buying him the time he needs to summon a killing blow. Since these are his own inscriptions, he can perform these jutsus directly, as well, but without a proficiency, this is much more straining for him than it would be for other ninjas. Skilled in rope tricks from a young age, he took this borderline street magic to a new level and embraced the kusari-gama early on, manipulating the chain with subtle flicks of motion that seem supernatural but are only slightly inclusive of chakra energy. Its impressive momentum, dizzying movements and incredible reach make him a threat at nearly any range and very effective at binding and disarming techniques.

Jutsu:
Jutsu Name: Enhance <Target> (Kyoka Suru)
Element: Yin
Jutsu Type: Genjutsu
Effect: Seems to improve some effect of something, usually one of his tools, but in fact, the target is really just the "sense latch" for making the result look more spectacular. Most would shun this as simply glitter and glam, but Hiroki uses it to, say, make a modest smoke bomb choke and obscure a room, make a handful of caltrops seem to cover much more area, or bewilder an adversary with his rope tricks. Because the effects aren't real, this is an inexpensive use of chakra with potentially significant effect. He's even working at disguising the hand signs in with other patterns to make it seem like he's performing something different, though that would certainly be a more advanced usage of the technique.

Jutsu Name: Snake Chain (Hebi Kusari)
Element: None
Effect: The primary means of combat with his kusari-gama, this is what keeps the chain from binding up or crushing him, and gives him precision control with it at any point in its length. With enough chain (which can be increased by his chakra), he can even make multidirectional attacks. Improvement will see him being able to use increasing quantities of chain with ever increasing control. As this also reinforces his chain, it will also make the weapon, itself, stronger and more durable.

Jutsu Name: Final Harpoon (Saigo no Mori)
Effect: Hiroki's killer move of choice, it forms a spear of water and embeds it in a target at high speed, essentially impaling them with a high-pressure water jet. His ideal finish involves restraining the target with his kusari-gama before using the attack to end the fight, as this is one of the jutsu he prefers to cast from a scroll due to its chakra cost. He can also use it as a sniper attack from concealment, but it would drain him quickly if he tried to use it as an active combat maneuver.

Skummy The Kitty
Name: Haruka Komari
Nature: Water
Kekkei Genkai: None
Appearance: Haruka wears a form fitting black sleeveless top that covers up around her neck and down past her butt though it's tucked into her form fitting black shorts, with a utility pouch on her right left for kunai and shuriken to be held. Over her black shirt she wears a brown long sleeved jacket and fingerless gloves, her form is tighty and ropey as though she were made up of almost all lean muscle with little amounts of fat. She has her chest wrapped to ensure that if doesn't interfere with operations, and classic tabi on her feet up to her ankles.

Her eyes are emerald colored, they're usually eyes droopy or tightly honed in on one spot, she doesn't have much of a 'normal' look. Her hair is medium length black hair held in a ponytail, she greatly dislikes people touching it and is known to have bitten a student once for yanking on it to get her attention. Her complexion can be compared to milk white, she has soft skin and a softer looking face when she's not focused on a situation.

History: Haruka is, by her fellow academy students, a lazy and drowsy idiot who never paid any attention to anything, always citing she was too tied and she'd figure it out later. Only to come in and still manage to figure out the course work well enough to get passably average grades, where her actual fighting ability and skills as a practical ninja were much more apparent and she seemed to come alive for training whenever and wherever it came. She's fiends with a nekonichi named Devi, who has taught her the way of the neko style of taijutsu and helped her with her chakra control over the years, so while she's not very adept at using anything but the bare minimum supplementary jutsus and water walking shes able to use the very limited range jutsus she knows pretty well.

Her home life is nothing special, she's just as sleepy and unconcerned there as she is in class, except when she goes to train with Devi, a nekonoichi who took a shine to her in her earlier years and has been slowly molding her into a fine student able to use the more agile and fast paced taijutsu the cat ninja are known for over the harder hitting and 'clumsy' taijutsu humans use. She's known to spend most of her time with Devi and thus her social life is strained but there, few people understand just how dedicated she is to this end and still regard her as lay, but as a genin she'll finally have an outlet for her training sessions with Devi to show what she's actually been doing all this time.

Her end goal is to become a master of the nekojutsu style she has begun to learn and to develop extreme levels of chakra control, and maybe to find an source of more chakra.

Jutsu
Jutsu Name: Cat Cloak
Element: Yang
Effect: Haruka uses chakra to transform her body into a more cat like version, growing claws, fangs, and chakra tail, and developing vertical pupils and a set of ears. Her senses are put on a much higher level and her strength and speed are doubled. She can only hold this form for a limited amount of time due to the amount of chakra it takes to maintain the form. She gains a type of night vision, and her balance makes it near t impossible to set her off course or to lose her footing even when falling from high perches, unless otherwise occupied or immobilized. This form is, by her own description, only useful to pinning fleeing targets, emergency usage, and prime ambush tactics. It is also incomplete and messy with how much effort it takes to transform to this state, and she hopes to keep improving on it to perfection, with the ideal goal of never turning it off.

Jutsu Name: Claws and Tail
Effect: Haruka channels chakra into her arms to grow a set of claws similar to her Cat Cloak, whoever she can keep them up for extended duration. The claws are sharp and hard enough to be able to deflect shuriken and kunai, she as well grows a tail much like in her cloak form that allows her a greater amount of balance and a useful tool for ensnaring and manipulating here opponent in battle. According to Haruka this style is much better for prolonged combat situations she finds herself in, and she can use her taijutsu at will without counting down how much chakra she has left in reserve.

Jutsu Name: Dense Fur
Effect: Haruka uses her natural chakra flow to grow a kind of fur cloak all over her body, this not only insulates her but helps her defend against ninjutsu and taijutsu. This fur is dense enough that it can catch shuriken and kunai within it before it reaches her skin, allow her to take on extremely hot or cold temperatures, and has even proven to muffle the sound of her breathing and heartbeat. This is her defensive mechanism when she's up against high strength opponents and needs to wait it out for backup before she can move on the offensive, she can activate and deactivate the jutsu within quick succession to maintain a level of chakra reserves if need be, or manipulate just how much fur is being produced to regulate to the necessity of the situation.

Darkblade
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Darkblade » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:25 am

Reserved (just in case)

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Paladin

Post by Ninmast » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:20 pm

Name: Hiroki Hashiji (First name then surname, as I'm unsure the order being used here, if it's usual surname-first Japanese style, his name is Hashiji Hiroki)

Age: 14 (due to an earlier birthday, not repeating a year)

Nature Affinity Water (but gains no benefit from the affinity and it is treated as a non-affinity element concerning chakra usage and difficulty of learning)

Kekkei Genkai None

Appearance: Hiroki is an extremely attractive child developing into a young man with the looks of a bishounen model. His perfect smile charmed countless underclassmen in the academy, especially paired with his thick, flowing blue locks and matching eyes. He commonly wears dark blue robes with a lighter blue sash, but also possesses a collection of costumes and more casual clothes for blending in wherever he needs to do so. An early bloomer and a little older than his fellows, he's already developing the beginning of a young man's build with a triangular torso and muscle development. The chain of his kusari-gama is hidden under his robes, wrapped around his body. Not only does this conceal his primary weapon and make it difficult to tell how much of it he still isn't using, but the chains also absorb some of the force of incoming blows, increasing his survivability. In his sash and hidden within the seam of his tunic are a collection of scrolls, ropes, hooks, caltrops, kunai, stars, smoke bombs and other tools of the ninja.

History: The Hashiji clan are one of the founding families of Kirigakure, with a long legacy of powerful ninjas and even the inheritors of two Kekkei Genkai (both are in their family line, but receivers only manifest one or the other), one that reinforced the body's combat potential and another that essentially manifested psychokinesis. They are leaders, strategists and developers, and generations being among the most uplifted clans in the land of the mist have made them very wealthy and reknowned. His own parents each possess one of the Kekkei Genkai, his father the telekinetic Chokyori Haji (long distance grasping) and his mother the powerful Kami no Karada (deity's body). Even Hiroki's name indicated a high expectation from birth, marking his parents' hope that he would display "abundant strength."

Sucks to be him, because though he was born a beautiful baby and would grow to quickly show a keen and studious mind, it wasn't long before it became painfully apparent that he lacked pretty much everything else his family was known for. To date, he has manifested neither of his parents' Kekkei Genkai and doesn't even seem to have any particular nature affinity, in that no element comes any more naturally to him than any other. Though he is their first child, they had a daughter a few years later who quickly manifested their father's Genkai and has recently entered the academy with a promising future. She idolizes her big brother too much to realize how painfully aware he is of his own shortcomings.

Determined not to dishonor his family regardless, he instead plied what talents he did possess into his ninja training, pouring his intellect and focus into being the most studious student of his grade. A natural choice for a class president, always prepared with the correct answer, always practicing outside of class, and always quick to help his fellow students with everything from tutoring to cleaning and errands, he quickly became well-liked by both his teachers and most of his fellow students, praised for quick thinking and battlefield assessment. His dedication to his craft meant that his grades didn't suffer for his lackings, though few realized the extra strain it cost him, especially compared to some of his more gifted peers, as he also mastered the art of putting forth an easy face to mask the effort so that it was never readily apparent how he struggled, especially with rapidly subsequent jutsus.

While many of his fellows took to flashy elemental displays and clones and all other manner of sorcery, he conserved his chakra by building his fighting style around a much more traditional approach, utilizing misdirection, tools and a keen eye. Most of the jutsus he's committed most strongly to his reportoire serve to reinforce his tools rather than producing their own standalone effects, and he goes to great effort to precisely scribe his scrolls for direct effects and infuse them ahead of time, so that he has time to recover and has to contribute less chakra to the encounter, itself. Though activating a jutsu from a scroll is slower than initiating it directly, his manipulative style is ideal for buying him the time he needs to summon a killing blow. Since these are his own inscriptions, he can perform these jutsus directly, as well, but without a proficiency, this is much more straining for him than it would be for other ninjas. Skilled in rope tricks from a young age, he took this borderline street magic to a new level and embraced the kusari-gama early on, manipulating the chain with subtle flicks of motion that seem supernatural but are only slightly inclusive of chakra energy. Its impressive momentum, dizzying movements and incredible reach make him a threat at nearly any range and very effective at binding and disarming techniques.

Jutsu:
Jutsu Name: Enhance <Target> (Kyoka Suru)
Element: Yin
Jutsu Type: Genjutsu
Effect: Seems to improve some effect of something, usually one of his tools, but in fact, the target is really just the "sense latch" for making the result look more spectacular. Most would shun this as simply glitter and glam, but Hiroki uses it to, say, make a modest smoke bomb choke and obscure a room, make a handful of caltrops seem to cover much more area, or bewilder an adversary with his rope tricks. Because the effects aren't real, this is an inexpensive use of chakra with potentially significant effect. He's even working at disguising the hand signs in with other patterns to make it seem like he's performing something different, though that would certainly be a more advanced usage of the technique.

Jutsu Name: Snake Chain (Hebi Kusari)
Element: None
Effect: The primary means of combat with his kusari-gama, this is what keeps the chain from binding up or crushing him, and gives him precision control with it at any point in its length. With enough chain (which can be increased by his chakra), he can even make multidirectional attacks. Improvement will see him being able to use increasing quantities of chain with ever increasing control. As this also reinforces his chain, it will also make the weapon, itself, stronger and more durable.

Jutsu Name: Final Harpoon (Saigo no Mori)
Effect: Hiroki's killer move of choice, it forms a spear of water and embeds it in a target at high speed, essentially impaling them with a high-pressure water jet. His ideal finish involves restraining the target with his kusari-gama before using the attack to end the fight, as this is one of the jutsu he prefers to cast from a scroll due to its chakra cost. He can also use it as a sniper attack from concealment, but it would drain him quickly if he tried to use it as an active combat maneuver.

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Werebeast

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:53 pm

Name: Haruka Komari
Nature: Wind
Kekkei Genkai: None
Appearance: Haruka wears a form fitting black sleeveless top that covers up around her neck and down past her butt though it's tucked into her form fitting black shorts, with a utility pouch on her right left for kunai and shuriken to be held. Over her black shirt she wears a brown long sleeved jacket and fingerless gloves, her form is tighty and ropey as though she were made up of almost all lean muscle with little amounts of fat. She has her chest wrapped to ensure that if doesn't interfere with operations, and classic tabi on her feet up to her ankles.

Her eyes are emerald colored, they're usually eyes droopy or tightly honed in on one spot, she doesn't have much of a 'normal' look. Her hair is medium length black hair held in a ponytail, she greatly dislikes people touching it and is known to have bitten a student once for yanking on it to get her attention. Her complexion can be compared to milk white, she has soft skin and a softer looking face when she's not focused on a situation.

History: Haruka is, by her fellow academy students, a lazy and drowsy idiot who never paid any attention to anything, always citing she was too tied and she'd figure it out later. Only to come in and still manage to figure out the course work well enough to get passably average grades, where her actual fighting ability and skills as a practical ninja were much more apparent and she seemed to come alive for training whenever and wherever it came. She's fiends with a nekonichi named Devi, who has taught her the way of the neko style of taijutsu and helped her with her chakra control over the years, so while she's not very adept at using anything but the bare minimum supplementary jutsus and water walking shes able to use the very limited range jutsus she knows pretty well.

Her home life is nothing special, she's just as sleepy and unconcerned there as she is in class, except when she goes to train with Devi, a nekonoichi who took a shine to her in her earlier years and has been slowly molding her into a fine student able to use the more agile and fast paced taijutsu the cat ninja are known for over the harder hitting and 'clumsy' taijutsu humans use. She's known to spend most of her time with Devi and thus her social life is strained but there, few people understand just how dedicated she is to this end and still regard her as lay, but as a genin she'll finally have an outlet for her training sessions with Devi to show what she's actually been doing all this time.

Her end goal is to become a master of the nekojutsu style she has begun to learn and to develop extreme levels of chakra control, and maybe to find an source of more chakra.

Jutsu:

Jutsu Name: Cat Cloak
Effect: Haruka uses chakra to transform her body into a more cat like version, growing claws, fangs, and chakra tail, and developing vertical pupils and a set of ears. Her senses are put on a much higher level and her strength and speed are doubled. She can only hold this form for a limited amount of time due to the amount of chakra it takes to maintain the form. She gains a type of night vision, and her balance makes it near t impossible to set her off course or to lose her footing even when falling from high perches, unless otherwise occupied or immobilized. This form is, by her own description, only useful to pinning fleeing targets, emergency usage, and prime ambush tactics. It is also incomplete and messy with how much effort it takes to transform to this state, and she hopes to keep improving on it to perfection, with the ideal goal of never turning it off.

Jutsu Name: Claws and Tail
Effect: Haruka channels chakra into her arms to grow a set of claws similar to her Cat Cloak, whoever she can keep them up for extended duration. The claws are sharp and hard enough to be able to deflect shuriken and kunai, she as well grows a tail much like in her cloak form that allows her a greater amount of balance and a useful tool for ensnaring and manipulating here opponent in battle. According to Haruka this style is much better for prolonged combat situations she finds herself in, and she can use her taijutsu at will without counting down how much chakra she has left in reserve.

Jutsu Name: Dense Fur
Effect: Haruka uses her natural chakra flow to grow a kind of fur cloak all over her body, this not only insulates her but helps her defend against ninjutsu and taijutsu. This fur is dense enough that it can catch shuriken and kunai within it before it reaches her skin, allow her to take on extremely hot or cold temperatures, and has even proven to muffle the sound of her breathing and heartbeat. This is her defensive mechanism when she's up against high strength opponents and needs to wait it out for backup before she can move on the offensive, she can activate and deactivate the jutsu within quick succession to maintain a level of chakra reserves if need be, or manipulate just how much fur is being produced to regulate to the necessity of the situation/
Credit to Sammy and Nicodemus; one created my set for me, the other drew the source image as a request.
Thank You Both!