It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

Scheduled Maintenance
06 Nov, 11:30pm MST - 07 Nov, 11:30pm MST
You may experience minor interruptions, but the site will remain active!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

The Enhanced OOC ((Mature))

Where all OOC threads for RPs that will take place within the Worlds of Technology will go.

Moderators: Rick, Forge

Creatress
Scout
Scout
Class: Pirate

The Enhanced OOC ((Mature))

Post by Creatress » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:29 pm

The year is 2135. Humanity has been steadily advancing in its scientific pursuits. DNA enhancements. Muon catalyzed fusion. Hydrogen fuels and efficient solar energy. Self driving cars. Bionics. All of these have aided humanity and increased quality of life all over the world.

In religion, the Larian Brotherhood, formed by Geni Larionov in Saint Petersburg in 2118, is on its way to surpassing the other world religions as the most popular institution on the planet after ending the Great Drought in 2127 with their powers of luck manipulation.

Politically, the UN runs the world, though the individual countries maintain their own governments. The UN has the only military on Earth, made up largely of robots. Insurgents from various regions have been attacking the UN since 2103, trying to regain their independence. The most successful of these are the Lone Star Liberators (LSL) in America, the Jade Spider in China and the Lions of Africa based in the Congo.

DinaSyn Inc. is the leading manufacturer of DNA enhancements. They have been consistently creating new and stranger enhancements since their introduction to society in an effort to remain relevant, and this has led them into some strange territory indeed. Plant DNA has joined shark and elephant DNA and contributed to strange side effects sweeping through society. The UN has deemed them dangerous and banned all DNA enhancements from civilian use, though they continue to fund DinaSyn to create new enhancements for members of law enforcement and the military. Those who already have enhancements are ordered to report to facilities where their changes will be reversed. Those who resist are hunted down and rounded up, forced to undergo the treatment, though there is a growing number of enhanced individuals who refuse to comply.

In this RP, we are enhanced individuals attempting to resist/hide/escape. We'll all start off knowing each other, having been on the run together for more than month together. We're still a small band, mostly looking to simply survive and find a place where we can live free from tyranny, but eventually, we might meet up with one of the larger rebel groups.

So, here's a little character sheet for ya!

Code: Select all

Name:
Enhancement(s): (Nothing too crazy here. We're not going to be overpowered superheroes, we'll just have picked up traits from certain other species, say enhanced dark vision, extra agility, jumping high, extra strength, hardened skin, possibly even gills.)
Personality:
Appearance: 
Any character backgrounds can come out during the RP. We should coordinate our relationships though, and what we've been doing for the last couple of months.

Let me know if you have questions!
Last edited by Creatress on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to Treble for the beautiful sig and avi!

Creatress
Scout
Scout

Re: The Enhanced OOC ((MATURE))

Post by Creatress » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Any interest after the holidays?

Ross
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Please select...

Post by Ross » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:56 pm

You have my interest Creatress! Once I'm home tomrrow I will present you with some ideas and questions.

Creatress
Scout
Scout

Post by Creatress » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:12 pm

Cool! Looking forward to hearing your ideas!

Ross
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Please select...

Post by Ross » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:25 pm

I was wondering with the UN military force being mostly robotic would it be safe to assume that the demand for metal or whatever substances the UN uses to craft their robot army is high? The only reason why I ask is due to the fact one concept I have floating around in my head is that the miners or steelworkers where having safety issues. You know with the demand being so high those who owned the companies where cutting corners on safety inspections and so on. However, those workers formed a union and refused to work until something was done. Finally those in charge gave in and assigned certain workers to get Enhanced and their sole purpose was to use their enhancement to prevent problems. Such as mines giving some workers enhanced strength so if a mine was to cave in those enhanced would be expected to dig them out or they enhanced some workers to act as a canary and be able to sense any toxic gases.

Also I would like to ask. Those who get enhanced do they appear human or do they hold some sort of physical trait of the creature they are spiced with? Lastly I see you mentioned bionics would people with bionics also be labeled as targets to be brought along with those spiced with animal DNA? Sorry for all the silly questions I'm just looking forward to this RP!

Creatress
Scout
Scout

Post by Creatress » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Thanks for the interest!

I think most jobs like that are filled by robots. Humans still hold creative positions or positions that need some sort of improvisation, but robots do all of the hard, menial, demeaning labor.

Bionics are still good because they have basically eliminated most physical disabilities. So far, there haven't been any problems with bionics.

Most enhanced people look entirely human or mostly human with just a little hint of their enhancement like cat eyes, claw-like finger nails or extra fur. Nothing outrageous.

I can put up a character sheet now if you want to get started with just the two of us and hope a few more jump in.

DaughteroftheFlame
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Re: The Enhanced OOC ((Mature))

Post by DaughteroftheFlame » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:30 am

Wait, wait! I want in on this too, you've got my attention.

AnarchicDoktor
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Rogue

Post by AnarchicDoktor » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:41 am

I like Sci-Fi and this got my attention. I might not post or check the site frequently due to a busy schedule but I am interested in this. I also have some ideas. What if some people got fully prosthetic bodies a'la Ghost in the Shell? Depending on how advanced the tech is it might either appear like Ghost in the Shell or Bioforge, Too Human, Fallout 4(Gen-1/Gen-2 Synths) or Deus Ex(Human Revolution/Mankind Divided) if not very good or they can be like the Neuromods from Prey 2017. Stick a needle in your eye and expand your mind, man...or splice your DNA.

Creatress
Scout
Scout

Post by Creatress » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi! I was thinking this was dead, but maybe not?

DuchessValeris
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Nobility

Post by DuchessValeris » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:19 am

I am definitely interested if you're still needing people, where were you going to set the rp? and are there a lot of abandoned places? have most people moved into the cities leaving towns essentially ghost towns.
If someone comes at you with a sword, run if you can as Kung Fu doesn't always work - Bruce Lee

Creatress
Scout
Scout

Post by Creatress » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:28 pm

The setting wasn't quite settled. In and around some large city. Most smaller towns and rural areas don't really exist anymore. Farming is completely automated. Some people have home out in the country, just vacation homes or something like that, but otherwise, the cities are overpopulated and sprawling.

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Rogue

Post by Gideon » Sun May 07, 2017 7:11 pm

Ola Creatress. I have the idea of being one of the ex-government officials. So she'd have a few cool modifications, but nothing too fabulously over the top, I don't think.
Thank you for the set Filth
Please don't forget to vote here and here every day!

DuchessValeris
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by DuchessValeris » Mon May 08, 2017 1:12 pm

If this is still happening I was thinking of maybe a snake enhanced acrobat, pretty much just has heightened reflexes and flexibility.
If someone comes at you with a sword, run if you can as Kung Fu doesn't always work - Bruce Lee

Creatress
Scout
Scout

Post by Creatress » Thu May 11, 2017 12:24 pm

Cool! Okay, I'll come up with a CS for us here in the next couple of days!

DuchessValeris
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by DuchessValeris » Thu May 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Awesome can hardly wait

Creatress
Scout
Scout

Post by Creatress » Fri May 12, 2017 5:40 pm

Ha! Nevermind! I already posted a CS. Just use the one in the first post!

DuchessValeris
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by DuchessValeris » Sat May 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Hope you like this. feel free to suggest any changes...

Name: Tali Amras

Enhancement(s): heightened reflexes, enhanced flexibility

Personality: Easily angered and prone to strike out at people that get to close, she is incredibly slow to trust others and prefers to go it alone, though now she sees the benefit in joining with others, she doesn't have to like it.

Appearance: Tali stands at 5'3", her dark hair hangs to her jawline and frames a pale face, she isn't beautiful by any means but she would if the dirt and grime could be cleaned away, be considered cute. Jeans, dirty grey t-shirt, hiking boots and faded leather jacket cover her compact frame and a battered old backpack carries all her worldly possessions.
Tali was bonded with the DNA of a Russell's viper which made her more irritable and likely to strike out but also dramatically increased her flexibility and reflex speed.
The only outward sign of this bonding are her golden eyes with their slightly elongated pupils.

Creatress
Scout
Scout

Post by Creatress » Sat May 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Okay that's good. Not sure if we'll get this revived or not but your character is in if we do.

DuchessValeris
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by DuchessValeris » Sun May 21, 2017 11:20 am

Awesome, well fingers crossed