Let the GAMES begin!

Olympic Contest Results - Going live over the course of the week!

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Results are now up!

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

The Blue Moon Saloon (Come on in! Join an open discussion about space, science, RP, and ooc too now I guess~)

Where all OOC threads for RPs that will take place within the Worlds of Technology will go.

Moderators: Dionysus [Rick], Hades [Forge]

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

Re: The Blue Moon Saloon (Come on in! Join an open discussion about space, science, RP, and ooc too now I guess~)

Post by Ghostwriter » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:38 pm

Yea I know, its why I didn't quote ya :p Didn't mean to make you feel left out Alex! *apologetic bow*
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Silverstag
Olympian
Olympian
Class: Werebeast

Re: The Blue Moon Saloon (Come on in! Join an open discussion about space, science, RP, and ooc too now I guess~)

Post by Silverstag » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:19 am

I got busy with life and distracted. I'll post today :)

just_alex
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Adventurer

Post by just_alex » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:02 am

oh, haha, no problem Ghost :)
What if the stars started disappearing
And all that was left was nothing
What if we covered our eyes, stopped listening
And we missed everything

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:52 pm

Okee dokee. Ill work on a post tomorrow. Technically I guess it'll be two posts, 1 for TBMS and a new one in the private section. Basically the first part will be an OOC of sorts where everyone can tell how often they can promise to post until the little mission is done. Since I havent done this before I have no hard data on how long it'll take to finish since it depends on how much pre work you guys are doing before the mission and how many people are involved. But basically whatever either the average or lowest number is I'll be making a post once however often that is even if someone forgot to post before then.

I woulda posted a couple days ago but I was pretty tired cuz I got woken up early, and after that Ive had doctor appointments, had to go to the bank and then the grocery store so I told myself Id do it friday unless something else sneaks up on me. Sorry about that.
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:46 am

Just for reference, here's the link to the new private RP I made for this mission.
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=3450

I'm an Architect

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:29 pm

I dont normally like to triple post but I was going to make an RP post today but I couldnt because nothing has really happened yet. Did everyone write what you wanted to do before the mission starts? Maybe the prep phase isn't necessary for missions.

I'm an Architect

PurpleShadows
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Mage

Post by PurpleShadows » Wed May 16, 2018 9:28 pm

Name= Adrienne Tex
Appearance= Thick, wavy dark hair just past her shoulders. Dark eyes, pale complexion. Very short.
Mission= Adrienne got mixed up in a crowd as a tiny tot and ended up on a different ship to her parents. The ship she ended up on was crewed by pirates. When they discovered her they chose to keep her prisoner, and use her for sneaking into small spaces to steal things or hijack ships or control centres. She escaped as a teenager and has been trying to find her way home since. But she can't remember the name of the ship her parents were on. Or even their names.
Abilities= She is extremely good at maths and physics. She's very bookish and academic. She is an intermediate level hacker, and she is a skilled navigator. She can navigate using technology or paper maps, or even star systems. She can work out any tech in seconds. She is also fairly agile, due to the years spent climbing and tunneling into places.
Gear= A personal computer. Pistol. Trauma Derm.
Other= She has a cat she rescued when he was a kitten. She got away with him with the pirates because he kept pests down. She's often seen without him but he's never far away.
Last edited by PurpleShadows on Thu May 17, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
:redbullet: :orangebullet: :yellowbullet: :greenbullet: :bluebullet: :pinkbullet: :purplebullet:

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Wed May 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi~ and welcome Purple :) Happy to have you aboard. The only issue I can see is about your gear, though its not character breaking important. You see gear is normally meant for actual gear, not stuff like clothes, that could be under appearance. I could see her computer being something she uses to hack with though I also wouldn't count that against you as far as having other gear the same as I wouldn't count someone having cigarettes or some other personal item. If you havent looked already, its not a bad idea to take a look at the gear section since your free to pick stuff from there. Id suggest having a knife or something for some way to defend yourself at least. But its not like anything is required, and maybe your character isn't very combat centered. Just letting you know.

I'm an Architect

PurpleShadows
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by PurpleShadows » Thu May 17, 2018 5:28 am

Thank you for the advice :) Is what I've added ok?
ImageImageImage
:redbullet: :orangebullet: :yellowbullet: :greenbullet: :bluebullet: :pinkbullet: :purplebullet:

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Thu May 17, 2018 10:15 am

Ah, I see the problem. I dont have gear included in the supposed "OOC", its in the actual post. You have my apologies. See I never intended this thread to become an official sort of OOC. Thus the actual RP topic has a lot of the information you need since its designed in a way that we have this topic where we can talk about whatever and then we have the main RP thread. And then we have the smaller topics where people go on missions :p

Heres the main post with all the information I you need. viewtopic.php?f=113&t=3322

I suppose I should update the first post though with the gear information so it doesnt confuse people. Anyway, to actually answer the question~ we dont have teleporters available, "yet". Not that they don't exist, but only select people have access to them because they're new tech and still experimental. The RP is designed in a way that as things go on, more tech will become available for people to start with. Otherwise its limited to things you buy or things you snag during missions.

Since Im here anyway though I might as well include the gear here in this reply and not be lazy huh? Though do look at the first post in the actual Blue Moon RP topic. I understand having this topic forcefully moved into the OOC section against my wishes may have complicated things for new people who might be interested in joining however, people like yourself. Basically my RP idea doesnt work quite the same as normal ones so by trying to smoosh it into a box it wasnt designed for it's had unintended consequences that were out of my control. I can try to spiffy up the first post though to make it fit a bit better though I spose.
Beryl= Other than offering drinks and other amenities she has various equipment and upgrades for patrons.
Space Screen, 5k: Ever get spaced? Its not fun, so don't be one of those chumps holding their breath. Although not as good as a space suit it greatly increases your chance of survival. *Normally 15 seconds [2 turns] before losing consciousness, 60 seconds [10 turns] before losing circulation, 90 seconds [15 turns] before death*
[Space+20T]

Medi-Vest, 5k: Armored vest that helps protect against gun fire and injuries, it's still going to hurt though.
[Light Armor] [Concealable] [Tech:Regen, 1 use/Rechargeable]

Trauma Derm, 1k: First aid scanner, stabilize someone who's dying or heal an injury.
[Tech:Heal, 1 use]

Pistol, 2k: Think similar to a cyberpunk revolver or Deagle.
[V.Lethal] [Semi Auto] [Small Clip] [Loud] [One handed] [Concealable]

Rifle, 3k: Your average combat rifle.
[Lethal] [Semi Auto] [Big Clip] [Quiet] [Two handed]

Shotgun, 3k: The classic hall sweeper
[Lethal] [Spread shot] [Single Fire] [Loud] [Two handed]

Short blade, 1k: A quick assassin blade, guaranteed kill during stealth attack.
[Stealth Kill] [Concealable] [Knife Strike, 3 per turn] [Silent] [One handed]

Long blade, 2k: A full sized sword, strong melee weapon that can block other blades.
[Lethal] [Blade Guard, 3 per turn] [Sword Strike, 2 per turn] [Silent] [One handed]

Great blade, 3k: An extra large blade, like something out of an anime.
[V.Lethal] [Blade Guard, 2 per turn] [Cleave, 1 per turn] [V.Quiet] [Two handed]

Personal Teleporter, 5k: An upgrade you can add to an item which allows a dropped or thrown item to appear back into your hands on command.
[Tech:Returning]

Adamantine, 5k: Melee weapon upgrade which makes it almost unbreakable. Good for not breaking things!
[Unbreakable]

Cam Sights, 5k: Gun upgrade which shows exactly where it's aiming. Turn your gun into a camera today!
[Tech:Cams]

Remote Control, 10k: Upgrade that allows you to pilot your ship via controller, like a video game. Takes full concentration.
[Tech:Ship Remote] [Two Hands]

Emergency Protocols, 20k: Upgrade that sends an emergency signal causing your ship to automatically move to your location to retrieve you. Also comes with simple auto pilot and docking procedures.
[Tech:Ship Auto Pilot] [One Hand]

Towel, 1k: The most practical item one can carry. "There's a frood who really knows where his towel is."
[Towel]
*NOTICE- I'll add more tags as things evolve, and I might change how certain things work as needed*

[Dying]= KO. You will die without help in 1 minute [10 turns] or if someone attacks you again before then.
[Injured]= Gained after being stabilized or through RP, the character becomes weakened.
[Healthy]= The default state, though you can gain this state after being healed during the injured state.
[Slow]= You're weighed down or otherwise slowed somehow, can't run.
[Fast]= You're energized or otherwise faster somehow, speed doubled.

[One handed]= Can use this item with one hand, allowing the other hand to use another item simultaneously.
[Two handed]= This requires two hands, and requires more time to stow and retrieve than one handed items.
[Concealable]= Able to be easily hidden from NPC's, good for stealthy or covert missions.

[Light Armor]= Able to protect against 3 Lethal attacks or 1 V.Lethal attack before breaking.
[Armored]= Take no damage from Lethal attacks, protect against 3 V.Lethal attacks before breaking. Blocks unarmed.
[Heavy Armor]= Take no damage from V.Lethal attacks, breaks after 3 Armor Piercing attacks. Blocks unarmed.

[N.Lethal]= Attacks that will knock out targets instead of killing them.
[Lethal]= Attacks that will put a character into a dying state.
[V.Lethal]= Stronger attack that puts a character into a dying state.
[Armor Piercing]= Lethal attacks that ignore all but the heaviest armor.
[Unarmed]= Any attack without a weapon. Unarmed attacks are considered N.Lethal. Anyone with a free hand may make an unarmed attack. Can use to block other unarmed attacks. Less effective against blades and armor.

[Reload]= The action of chambering more ammunition into a gun. Takes 1 turn, can still move and do other actions.
[Jam]= When a gun has a mechanical problem and must be cleared. Takes 1 turn to fix, then must be reloaded.
[Small Mag]= Has 6 bullets before it must be reloaded. I expect you to keep count, or I'll jam it :p
[Big Mag]= Has 30 bullets before it must be reloaded. I expect you to keep count, or I'll jam it :p
[Drum Mag]= Don't worry about reloads~ tends to be heavy though.

[Spread shot]= Blasts in a cone in front of you, able to hit multiple targets simultaneously.
[Single Fire]= Must be reloaded after every shot. Can't be jammed.
[Semi-Auto]= Fires one bullet per squeeze of the trigger, max 3 shots per turn.
[Burst-Fire]=Fires 3 bullets per controlled burst, max 3 shots per turn.
[Full-Auto]= Rapidly fires bullets, max 30 shots per turn, inaccurate. Can choose to fire semi-auto or burst.

[Inaccurate]= High chance to miss unless close to target.
[Sniper]= Highly accurate at long ranges, inaccurate when close to target.
[Loud]= Everyone is going to hear this, very unstealthy.
[Quiet]= Less loud. You can expect people in the rooms around you to hear, use tactically.
[V.Quiet]= Might not hear unless they're nearby. Louder than the sound of a body dropping.
[Silent]= Probably not going to hear unless really close. Might hear sounds of other things though.

[Blade Guard]= Blocks sword and knife attacks if not caught unaware.
[Cleave]= Hit multiple targets within range, largest reach, bypasses Blade Guard, short throw range.
[Sword Strike]= Can make two blade attacks per turn. Has good reach.
[Knife Strike]= Can make three blade attacks per turn, less reach but longer throwing range.
[Stealth Kill]= Lethal attack that instantly causes a target unaware of you to start dying, regardless of armor.
[Throw blade]= Ranged attack with a melee weapon, takes one use of a melee weapon that turn.

[Unbreakable]= The item cannot be broken by normal means, able to withstand much more force than normal.
[Rechargeable]= This item has a lifetime guarantee, just bring it back to the Blue Moon and it'll be repaired/refilled/recharged etc for free!
[Tech:Space+]= How many more turns you can last in space before suffering penalties.
[Tech:Heal]= Used to stabilize dying characters, or heal injuries.
[Tech:Regen]= During a dying state it stabilizes you automatically, putting you into the injured state.
[Tech:Returning]= Return the item to your hand, takes one use of a melee weapon that turn.
[Tech:Cams]= Adds camera to a gun, helps see exactly where you will fire. Can use to look around corners safely.
[Tech:Scrambler]= Disables other tech until it is repaired.
You dont need to understand everything though I dont mind explaining it, basically theres a items which are a list of tags, each tag having an explanation of what its capable of. I know it may seem complicated but its really not :p But I hope that smacking you over the head with a bunch of information doesnt scare ya off. Anyway dont worry about getting something wrong, I can correct it when I add your character into the first post.

I'm an Architect

PurpleShadows
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by PurpleShadows » Thu May 17, 2018 6:01 pm

Cool, thanks for that info. I'm not scared off :) *sits annoyingly in the RP* :bounce:

I changed the Teleporter to the Trauma Derm.
ImageImageImage

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Thu May 17, 2018 8:08 pm

Good to hear, Ill throw your character info into it after you make your first post. Quick warning though, the other characters who joined before arent around right now cuz they are off on a mission. Thats sort of a downside to the RP idea I had that I only just thought about. >.> I guess im not infallible~ but who knows when someone else will join and you can still talk to Beryl/me, or maybe do your own solo mission if ya want. :p

I'm an Architect

PurpleShadows
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by PurpleShadows » Sat May 26, 2018 8:36 pm

Away due to illness, will catch up on RPs and things when back.
ImageImageImage

PurpleShadows
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by PurpleShadows » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:07 am

I can wait till they're back. How long will they be?
ImageImageImage

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:51 am

Oh the others? Alex, Silver, Martin and Yaboy are on a mission. The mission is taking a bit longer than I intended but its because Silver needed a few weeks to move. You dont need to wait for them to join the bar though, thats always open. Just unless more people join it'd be just us so if you wanted a mission it'd need to be a solo mission, which are the most dangerous but also pay the most since there's no one to split the money with.

Speaking of however, I dont know where Alex went. Its been almost a month since Ive heard from her.

I'm an Architect

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm

just_alex wrote:
Role Call.
Still there?
Still interested?
Having problems?
Lemme know.

Silver's back, but almost no activity for close to a month so I'm a bit worried.

I'm an Architect