Let the GAMES begin!

Olympic Contest Results - Going live over the course of the week!

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Results are now up!

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

The Isles of Aradia. (OOC/New Settlers Wecome!)

Where all OOC threads for RPs that will take place within the Worlds of Magic will go.

Moderators: Ares [Darkblade], Athena [Georgeanna]

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Werebeast

Re: The Isles of Aradia. (OOC/New Settlers Wecome!)

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:32 pm

Yeahhhh lol I wanted to let them be happy for a bit before more stuff hit the fan and messed everything up completely sideways XD

Also how's your journey going dear?
Credit to Sammy and Nicodemus; one created my set for me, the other drew the source image as a request.
Thank You Both!

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Paladin

Post by Kotorchix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Skummy the Kitty wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:32 pm
Also how's your journey going dear?
AMAZING! Mostly around Nashville, a little about Chattanooga.

Been and done so much stuff, met so many friends, eaten so much. Yesterday was the first day in two weeks that I had a moment to really sit down and write, I've just been so busy and surrounded by people. I also met Shea, which was so much fun! xD Got to hang out with her for the first week.
Isles of Aradia
The Runaway
Skyrim: Forged in Blood
The Witcher: Trial of the Spheres
The Blackblood Investigation

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:33 pm

I remember my trip to Nashville, I was an still kind of am big on country :) though since I live in north-central West Virginia (The state that looks like a frying pan with two handles, it's next to Kentucky and a little north east of Tennessee) it was just a simple eight hour drive with my parents lol

I'm glad you are having fun and having no time for anything as dumb as that sounds- a good vacation is one that you are experiencing everything you want without feeling overwhelmed at the same time which sounds like you are. Also food is amazing in the region and I'm happy you're getting to enjoy it!
Credit to Sammy and Nicodemus; one created my set for me, the other drew the source image as a request.
Thank You Both!

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:41 pm

Skummy the Kitty wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:33 pm
I remember my trip to Nashville, I was an still kind of am big on country :) though since I live in north-central West Virginia (The state that looks like a frying pan with two handles, it's next to Kentucky and a little north east of Tennessee) it was just a simple eight hour drive with my parents lol

I'm glad you are having fun and having no time for anything as dumb as that sounds- a good vacation is one that you are experiencing everything you want without feeling overwhelmed at the same time which sounds like you are. Also food is amazing in the region and I'm happy you're getting to enjoy it!
The whole trip was nearly 30 hours long. I didn't sleep the entire time. xD

BBQ Ribs!!! Have to admit, not a fan of American sweets or sugary drinks. But the savoury/spicy... hell, you guys know your stuff. I have never felt my country's food to be more bland! But it also seems a bit difficult to get veggies or fruit in anything... Four days in, I ended up getting some strawberries for me and Shea as we were both craving something fresh and natural so much. BUT YOUR PIZZA... is amazing. Pizza is massive and actually reaaaaaaalllly tasty here...

And Barnes & Noble... actually has nerds books! So many D&D books. Entire omnibus of the Witcher stories... I picked up the entirety of my favorite book series, Shadowmarch, for $40 USD where just one of the four books back in NZ is $40 NZD ($27ish USD) alone.
Isles of Aradia
The Runaway

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:54 am

XD dayum BBQ is my favorite thing on the planet I'll mind yah, and if you want fresh produce you have to go to a farmer's market where you get it straight from the ground to your mouth because it is delicious. But yeah its harder to find it while out on the road, pizza is the best damn thing ever lol!

Personally I am a fan of many pizzas, but brick oven and floppy is the best (IE New Yorker) but since I live in an Italian American/Irish American sector of the country I can find many varieties of classic fare. America, if ti is one thing, is a mixture of so many cultures coming together you can find literally everything under the sun if you try hard enough. I even have a damn good irish pub just twenty minutes from me!

I am glad you could find your nerdy books here in our bookstores, I used to work for Books-a-Million, and before you think what everyone does and how could you get any work done- its easy because working in a bookstore sucks horribly lol but you do get discounts and talk abut nerdy stuff all day XD I'm glad you could get everything haha Good you are having such an amazing time! Welcome to the US!
Thank You Both!

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 am

also another post is up, and I'll get to meth and Divi buuuuuut I'm not sure how to build next scene up so mapping that out lol
Thank You Both!

dinthalion
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by dinthalion » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:51 am

I edited my post with a reply for Vilhelm.

Skummy, Aoria doesn't have to go into detail in your reply if you don't want to. I can just assume afterward he knows what you added to the wiki.
Thanks Sammy!
Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit. -George Carlin

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Will get some posts up tomorrow afternoon or evening!
Isles of Aradia
The Runaway

WeaselChiseal
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Mage

Post by WeaselChiseal » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:52 am

Hi everyone.
I'm a new guy here and i wanted to join you in this RP. For many of you this would be our first encounter soo i will leave link to my introductions post. if you are interested in finding out something about me.
I spoke with Skummy the Kitty, and Jake, and they suggested to confort my ideas with you guys here.
Soo here are concepts of my characters sheets.
Arwis
Name:Arwis ( abandonet his noble family name)
Race: Human (of Noble origin)
Birth place:( I could use some help with it. Some Human city )
Apperance:
Arwis is short, slim, pale skinned, human. He doesn't look unhealthy, but almost every warrior or dwarf he encounters is telling him too gain some weight, but without response too this time. He has a narrow face with sharp feauters with a tone of his noble parantage, becouse of which many found his apperance rather pleasing. His eyes were green and whenever you looked at them they seemed unpresent, and with his low placed eyebrows there was almost no time where he wasn't looking like in depht thought. His head was decorated with short, black mess of hair, and if you could look at them carefull enough somethimes they seemed like moving, but after staring for such a long time it could aswell be your imaginaction.

Also he wears this armor i draw (with a mouse). Very generic and badly done.

Skill/Talents
:
1.Magic Sennsing/Analysis:
This school of magic doesn't really offer exact spells to cast, but more rather a wide knowledge about other schools, and abilty too sense magic around a world. Arwis as a user of these powers, can easily sense mages and other sources of magic energy around him, and when he strongly focus he can even spot non-magies (especialy when they are in possesion of an magical item). If he spents a little time too tune and connect with other being he can also make it aware of magic around them (No more then two at same time), making him a very usefull ally. While being connected he can „communicate” through emoctions and other abstract senses, but can't use actual words. This bound by idea was desinged to connect people who think a like, otherwise it can cause more confusion than gain. These makes allies under his spell harder to ambush, and giving them upper hand while aprroaching opponents. This abilty can be extremly usefull for character who sneak around, as they are less likely to stumble upon an enemy by accident.
(in short:Magic Wallhack )

2. Magic Sennsing/Analysis Mastery:
Arwis spent years of academy to master this school of magic, gaving upon many things in the process.

3.Self-Defense.
To keep himself healthy, Arwis trained martial-arts focused around protecting yourself and countring enemy attacks as a form of daily dose of exercises. It had two variants, first while being bare handed, and second while being using a staff or a stick, Arwis never favored any of both. It didn't only made him harder to kill while confronting him but also made him simply more aware of his surroudings (But not while focused on sensing.)

Talents:
Arwis isn't horrible at singing.
Since Arwis doesn't cast spells often, he doesn't contain much of magical power, what makes staying low profile much easier for him.
Arwis has pretty face.

Equipment:
Leather Bag (Sleeping Bag, Blanket, Knife, Fur Coat)
Leather Belt (Parrying Dagger, Small bag of bandages, canteen)
Iron Staff (non magical).
Some Cash
Studded Leather Gloves
Shim Carthis
Name:Shim Carthis.
Race: High Feline
Birth place:( I could use some help with it. Some Human city )
Apperance:
Shim is a Feline of slightly above avarage height, but in his body proporction you could notice that his legs are a little longer than should be, letting him to make more use of them.
Becouse Shim lives life of many risks, and dangers his body shape is nearly athlethic, but becouse of his questionable life style his brown fur holds many white hairs, if not losing them. Just his hands are holding many scars and freshly healed wounds, it's hard to tell how rest of his body looks. His eyes were of deep blue color, which were quite unfitting to his untrustworthy face. Shim's ears tend to twitch very often, but he also were constantly looking around, or completly freezing from a sudden.

Also he wears this armor i draw (with a mouse). Very generic and badly done.
Skill/Talents:
1.Combat Magic:
Unlike his friend Arwis, Shim has little knowledge about magic, and have narrow understanding of possibilites which it provides. Instead of going through many books he spent most of his time training absolute basics, like firing simple bolts, or lifting objects. Just becouse he was using these simple spells for such a long time he found many possible uses of them, or even came ups with them in brief seconds in the middle of the combat. He hardly executes all of his great ideas in heat of battle simply of aim or timing, but in most cases he needs too succed only once. In most scenarios he keeps his magic to keep presure on foes who can't fight at range, or too deal with opponents who are too dangerous to encounter diractly (Armored enemies, or trained swordsmans).

2. Dirty Fighting:
Shim happend to be in too many unsucesfull illegal deals and heated up bar fights. This makes him more carefull around strangers and getting little paranoid when somebody rises a hand (which is unnatural for a Feline). It makes hard to draw on him from a sudden, becouse his hand is probably already on the hilt of the blade, and second arm filled with magic ready to be unleashed. He also has a good sense about it when somebody isn't paying atection, or simply lets his awerness loose up. Being able to tell such things about people around him makes him a dangerous person to have around, and with his magical skills, even at distiances. He never was actualy trained in sword fights, but he won many duels becouse he simply drawed first, or becouse he wasn't following knight's creed, and started striking relentleslly after wounding an opponent.

3.Survival.
Shim had many opurtunites to spend nights in the woods, and living outside cities became part of his nature. He is efficent in hunting, tracking and navigating in the wildrness, mostly becouse of his good hearings and sharp eyesight. He can also cook in primitive condicions and patch up simple wounds.

Talents:
Shim isn't horrible at singing.
Shim ate many strange berries and never held his addictive personality at bay which should killed him years ago, yet he is still standing quite fine. Origin of his high toxin tolerance is unkown.
Fast runner.
Speaks tonuge of Dwarfs.

Equipment:
Leather Bag (Sleeping Bag, Blanket, Knife, Fur Coat, roap, binocolluras, cooking pot)
Leather Belt (Short sword, Small bag of bandages, canteen)
Hidden throwing dagger in a sleeve
Little amount of cash
Soo i'm still missing out on personality/history part, but here is shorted version ( i will probably extend it )
In short they were studying magic toghether, became really good friends since they were little, even if they percived world in much different ways. Arwis helped Shim with studies, and Shim helped him to deal with more annoying people, becouse by this time Arwis kinda lacked the guts. Later on then they were about to graduate Shim droped out from school, and began his work with a mercenary group mainly formed from dwarves for two years.
After Arwis finished his days in school, his fathered demanded him to go back to their mansion and take over a family busines. Arwis refused mostly becouse of his younger brother who was vey power thirsty. He knew he will never taste peace as long as he holds their family lands, so he plotted with Shim and his brother to put the right sibling in the power. Of course not everything went well [this is might be the part i extend], and i the end Shim and Arwis murdered Arwis's father, and the brother made them to take a blame for everything, which made him the rightious leader. Forced to leave the land two mages are wondering through the lands, playing merceneries and trying to gather enough coin for next meal.
Avatar was drawn by me. I'm not proud of it by it still want to brag about it (Apply to any other of my creactions).

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:15 pm

I really don't have any true issues with these characters, but would anyone else want to talk? You know he's been waiting for a week now to hear back and while I suck for not coming in sooner I also was the one who helped him out int he first place so nyas

Weasel I can help you with you nobility section, as can everyone here in ooc and help to bring more flesh to these characters and sorry for not being direct sooner I have a bad time with having my brain work for the time being. Feel free to beat me with a big heavy branch to get my attention via pm or find me on the discord if I'm around- because your conversational english was so good I active forgot you were the same guy and I was wondering why in the hell you were inferring stuff at me XD

Not meaning that to be mean spirited I'm just dense, very dense. But please contact me if you want to work on your characters with me. Since you have solid stuff here all I would do is give them a filling out and fluff them up and polish things down with ya- stuff I'm good at when it comes to character design.
Thank You Both!

Shakey Jake
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Nobility

Post by Shakey Jake » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:27 am

Well Weasel I think you have a solid foundation there. Two characters with a strong link is a good place to start as you can bounce them off each other and end up in wonderful places.
It sounds as if they're going to be Everglow people. The university is there, a place where magic is taught, amoung the only offical places in the land. There are lots of hidden witches and wizards and shamans in far flung regions that teach magic but a noble would likely go to the Everglow University for the status of it. The Everglow University provides a strong education in general magic. The safe use of it etc... While many powerful wizards are bred there the true masters tend to seek out tutors who will dabble in more exotic magics. Many students go on a pilgrimage of sorts before or just after they graduate to seek out teachers of non standard magics. That could be a jump off point? Maybe Arwis is ready to sniff out new kinds of magic or some such thing.

Also, Aradia and I have won an award! I would like to say that Ironparagon and Skummy share anything I get as they are my muses, my girls, my lovers! Also I have to thank the likes of Dinth and Daughter who have been here a long time. Kotor a special nod to you. Your enthusiasm for the RP has been infectious and your contribution is much appreciated. In conclusion, I haven't been around as much lately but that doesn't worry me at all because I know that the RP is in very capable hands with you guys. As always anyone can use the OOC or my PM box to ask anything, bounce ideas around whatever.
Thanks a bunch :-D

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:42 am

Its awesome we got that award! Also... very very sorry for not saying much here in the OOC in the past... 3 weeks(?). Whenever I'm on RPGC recently, its to spit out IC replies in the little times I have to write.

Woo! I'M INFECTIOUS! ... Or have an unhealthy addiction, but it doesn't seem to be hurting anyone, so it can't be unhealthy, right? ... Right!?

Speaking of unhealthy addictions... I finally discovered categories on the wikia. I made this. I didn't realize I had so many characters... I mean, at least most of them are dead. But I didn't realize just how ridiculously I go into backgrounds and family trees. And what's worse, while I was making this category page, I kept 'finding' new connections. *strange giddy dance* :squee:

I need to just write a book.

... also, not all my dead characters are on the wikia. Some are only on my family trees...
Isles of Aradia
The Runaway

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:03 am

Mrow hello!

Also yes, much is on wikia yez I must continue efforts to migrate everything to there so that people know what the hell I speak of and I see nothign wrong with anyhting of this meow
Thank You Both!

IronParagon
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Mage

Post by IronParagon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:28 am

I think your focus on 3-4 houses with recognizable rosters is a pretty good move, Kotor. better than going the IP route and having a bunch of unnecessary detail on my 20 houses that no-one can differentiate between, lol

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:36 am

Or mine where there is so much ancient history, half of which isn't even written up on the Wikia in the first place, and family trees that are just stupid lol Self-deprication!
Thank You Both!

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:41 am

IronParagon wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:28 am
I think your focus on 3-4 houses with recognizable rosters is a pretty good move, Kotor. better than going the IP route and having a bunch of unnecessary detail on my 20 houses that no-one can differentiate between, lol
Hey, hey, I'm reading up! One day I'll know where everyone fits! xD And I do have a few 'out-lying' houses that I rarely mention or make some connection to some other character seemingly not in the family tree...

Working on a post, going to introduce the Daughter of the Sorrows. And just gonna quote Shakey so we have some record of this Tropics place!
Shakey Jake wrote:Aurlulent Quay.

It is an uphill town. Think of the Mediterranean towns with colourful little houses. The architecture is mainly villas. The first section is on a steep hill that leads up to a town square then there's another winding hill that leads up to the Sabre palace.

The main hill road would be kept lovely so the poorest area would be in the narrow backstreets. Likely very steep areas with narrow practically vertical steps and maze like alleyways.
Skummy the Kitty wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:36 am
Or mine where there is so much ancient history, half of which isn't even written up on the Wikia in the first place, and family trees that are just stupid lol Self-deprication!
I need to do some ancient history on my first Rodin. Haven't figured out what house he's from before the Rodin house was made. His name is Asgarth Rodin. He founded House Rodin about 10 AE, died in 46 AE. And if you want ridiculous family history, you should look at my Rodin-Heartstone Timeline... it had an update. :blushes:
Isles of Aradia
The Runaway

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Will do meow! I personally have to write something concrete about the Empire of Dusk and how all their former colonies/cities work and blah blah blah lots of stuff encompassing lots of work on my part
Thank You Both!

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:20 am

All right, posting up part of this as I've suddenly become a zombie. Dog-sitting at the moment, and these two are needy little butts... not been sleeping very well.
Isles of Aradia
The Runaway

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:17 pm

So, I know we all have our own sort of titles for characters and their Houses, but thought that you guys might enjoy this if you're into historical accuracy. Here's an even more in-depth look.

And getting through the posts slowly... sorry about that. Finally got something for Rivka to be part of!
Isles of Aradia
The Runaway

dinthalion
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by dinthalion » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:33 am

Yay! I'm going to start working on reply.

interesting links too.
Thanks Sammy!
Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit. -George Carlin