WELCOME TO THE COLLECTIVE!

A HUGE congratulations to our October 2017 Member of the Month!

We have a few new bits for you to look at:
So You Want to be a Moderator?
Annual Award Nominations
Storycraft - An RP Contest

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up!

The Isles of Aradia. (OOC/New Settlers Wecome!)

Where all OOC threads for RPs that will take place within the Worlds of Magic will go.
Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Paladin

Re: The Isles of Aradia. (OOC/New Settlers Wecome!)

Post by Kotorchix » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Ok :p

Yea... wasn't even my cat.
Natalie's Natterings
I will be overseas the entire month of November. I may be a bit less responsive than normal.

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Werebeast

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Well it wasn't me, I'm not drunk today and not especially in a bitey mood. Just cuddly always :3

Meow hope it heals up well, I am sad to hears nyas

dinthalion
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by dinthalion » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:25 am

I'm fine with it if Cardnas overheard what Rivka said to Maria about the child. I can go either way with it. She won't be able to keep it secret much longer anyway. But she will lie to her father and Dominic about it for now, especially after she hears about Marnie Wyatt.
Thanks Sammy!
Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.-- Daniel Webster

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:21 pm

Shitty kitty bite has now been dealt with after 5 days in hospital. I'm back!
dinthalion wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:25 am
I'm fine with it if Cardnas overheard what Rivka said to Maria about the child. I can go either way with it. She won't be able to keep it secret much longer anyway. But she will lie to her father and Dominic about it for now, especially after she hears about Marnie Wyatt.
Carndas will be very unlikely to share that secret. His only real friend is Nimbe, and she doesn't really have friends either... yet. And they're both low enough on the food chain at the moment that neither have anything to gain from political rumormongering.

Marnie Wyatt... I missed that one. What happened there? Oh, wait... the child heir that was assassinated, right?

EDIT: I wish to know all I can about Void Elves. Thanks!
Natalie's Natterings
I will be overseas the entire month of November. I may be a bit less responsive than normal.

IronParagon
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Mage

Post by IronParagon » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:42 pm

Kotorchix wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:21 pm

Marnie Wyatt... I missed that one. What happened there? Oh, wait... the child heir that was assassinated, right?

EDIT: I wish to know all I can about Void Elves. Thanks!
These questions are on me, I believe, for failing to update the wikia properly...will get to work on that ASAP.

Marnie Wyatt is the last living child of Joanna Blackthorne, who is Jaster&Tali's elder sister. As Lord Arthur's oldest surviving and non-exiled child, Joanna and her progeny have reasonable claim over Dominic's. However Joanna is currently in a state of severe catatonic depression after her infant son was murdered at Rivka's wedding, and now Marnie has died of the supposed "fever," so both are removed from Dominic's path.

The Void Elves are the servants of the Underking. Here's a small writeup I did a while back from the codex;
Void Elves
Legend says that these creatures were once Drow priests, lead astray from their worship of Aradia by a deceitful demon lord. As punishment, Aradia cursed them by casting them into the Void for all eternity. The descendants of those Drow are known as the Void Elves, or as Wights in the old tongue of the West. Aeons of living in chaotic darkness has changed their form; they are tall and milk-pale in complexion with white eyes and hair. One of the few demons capable of human speech, these Elves are often deployed as tactical military commanders for the forces of the Void, usually seen as underlings to many High Demons. They also have an aptitude for spellcasting and manipulation of the black arts, and have been known to assist Demon armies in this manner as well.
The only named Void Elf who's appeared so far is General Malakai, the guy who stabbed Jaster's arm--Cardinal Steerpike also answers personally to Malakai. As their very nature is demonic its unlikely you could encounter a friendly one, but as I've said they're intelligent so its possible one could have enough sentience to break from the Underking and be willing to talk to non-Void beings.

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:49 am

http://isles-of-aradia.wikia.com/wiki/Narn%27s_Son

Here is a link to a very unknown island north east of Stormrise and Northwest of Obscura; Narn's Son is the seat for what remains of the Empire of Dusk and the oldest family of Drow! The oldest families are only known as the Capital Elves, and meow I just felt like sharing in case anyone gave a damn.

As well I finally located some history I have yet to put back on the Wikia nyas But the drow are getting hot and spicy! Meow!

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:14 am

Filler post is up while I figure out how to reply, it's nothing anyone will care about but helps set the tones for the future events meow

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:40 pm

http://isles-of-aradia.wikia.com/wiki/G ... l-Sansiska

You, this is Garin in updated format! He's a pirate now!

DaughteroftheFlame
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by DaughteroftheFlame » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Well...I really regret forgetting I was a part of this. Not that I wanted to anyway...just one thing after the other and I kinda forgot I was in the middle of something important here. Sorry!

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:13 am

Mrow welcome back!

Also D'aaaaaawwwww Rivka's comments :)

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:09 pm

Thanks IP!

Woo! More wikia entries! I've updated my Census post too. And the Map...
Natalie's Natterings

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:12 am

Maria Dul-Sansiska

I did a bit of an update on Maria's character, sort of a re-imagining from before

Also just putting this here in case people wondered about hwo to find Garin

Garin Dul-Sansiska

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:55 pm

Annnnd, Kraai's in the cockpit!
Natalie's Natterings

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 pm

MEOW!

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:47 am

Aaaaaaand reply has been made because yay!

IronParagon
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by IronParagon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:12 am

I've been making some updates to the wikia including a new Race infobox template so we can start talking about different types of demons as well as terrestrial races. Was wondering if any of you would be interested in creating the Green or Indigo Starforge Swords as they haven't been claimed yet?

Also @kotor you seem to be pretty adept with the wikia, I was wondering if you knew how to create the battle infobox template with the divided line for the two sides, as seen here or here?

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:47 am

I tired my hand at it, apparently it's self referencing itself which causes a template loop and I can't fix it or enforce it to become an infobox nyas so I just kinda reset the codes and have let it be

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:52 pm

IronParagon wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:12 am
I've been making some updates to the wikia including a new Race infobox template so we can start talking about different types of demons as well as terrestrial races. Was wondering if any of you would be interested in creating the Green or Indigo Starforge Swords as they haven't been claimed yet?

Also @kotor you seem to be pretty adept with the wikia, I was wondering if you knew how to create the battle infobox template with the divided line for the two sides, as seen here or here?
Hm... the LotR one is a wikia so you can press the edit button and have a look at the formatting (just can't officially make changes as its protected). Only thing I could find was the template. Not sure if that helps, but here's hoping...
I have heard that Rivka has been approached with an offer from none other than the Ludlow Accord. It seems rather tactless to approach a grieving widow with offers of matrimony before her husband's body is cold, but then again Lord Mancel hails from the Halfmoon District, so we must make allowances for lack of wits.
Hoo, love it! xD

EDIT: Woah, heh... looks like Rivka's coming to Caybourne! :squee:
EDIT2: Uggh, now I'm tempted to not write Casim until Rivka meets him, so it really is like an arranged marriage... I doubt I have that sort of self-control, though.
Last edited by Kotorchix on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Natalie's Natterings

IronParagon
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by IronParagon » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Thanks Kotor, I managed to get a really rough template going for the Battlebox. It looks pretty terrible but it'll do for now, until I figure out how to fix its dimensions at least.

And yes I'll have Dominic send Mancel a letter in my next post informing him that the union has his blessing.

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:45 pm

IronParagon wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 pm
And yes I'll have Dominic send Mancel a letter in my next post informing him that the union has his blessing.
He's going to get these two letters and freak, poor fellow. Amayl has his work cut out for him. (Also, guys, can I say how much I'm liking this little twist? My thoughts on how this would play out were pretty much down Amarika's path in her conversation with Mancel.)
Natalie's Natterings