It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

Scheduled Maintenance
06 Nov, 11:30pm MST - 07 Nov, 11:30pm MST
You may experience minor interruptions, but the site will remain active!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

High Fantasy RP (Interest check)

Where all OOC threads for RPs that will take place within the Worlds of Magic will go.

Moderators: Darkblade, Georgeanna

Cassius
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Nobility

High Fantasy RP (Interest check)

Post by Cassius » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:00 am

The plot:
Miles into the country, far away from the capital city of Arcris meets a ragtag group of wonderers with one goal in mind: to take down the Evil Lord. With the offer of a large purse of gold from mysterious benefactor, a group gathers together to begin their journey.

Setting:
Five countries make up the continent of Vostra. The story takes place in Creisia, one of the four countries making up mainland of the continent. A warm temperate climate makes its land fertile and the object of much fighting leading to a long and bloody history. Creisia is blocked from its neighbors to the west and north by a large mountain range and the ocean to the south and east. To the west is Quesor, more of a sister country of Creisia, but due to a recent, unusual string of natural disasters, the country has been left in ruin. Riain to the northwest is a country of vast forests and lakes. To the north is Strothrod, a country of cold tundra and icy mountains. The fifth and final country lay off the southeastern coasts of Creisia, Lacht is an island nation made of nearly 300 islands. Many are volcanic or otherwise uninhabited.

Recent history:
Creisia was ravaged by a costly civil war two years ago, ending with the younger brother of the king taking power. Orius Dorimor became feared and known for his powers of shape shifting, the source of which has yet to be found. The legacy of the costly civil war has left a formerly prosperous country in ruins and on the edge of another civil war.

Other:
Humans and dwarves are the most common races, dominating all the continent countries except for Riain. Riain the oldest country, and home to elves. Lacht is home and origin of humans. Dwarves originated in Quesor. Halfbreeds are common in Quesor and Creisia.

On the continent six gods are primarily worshiped: the three gods Atvis, Ethrain, and Aollor and the three goddesses Materia, Levlyn, and Avathra.

Latch has three gods, Savna, god of the sea, Bradhar, god of the forests, Rachna goddess of man.

The creatures of Vostra are a variety of generic fantasy stuff: dragons, unicorns, mermaids, vampires, werewolves, nymphs etc.

Map 1
Map 2
I'm new to this site, so I hope that I'm doing this right, haha. Ideas and suggestions are wanted!

wehaveaproblem
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Mage

Re: High Fantasy RP (Interest check)

Post by wehaveaproblem » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:34 am

Oh, I really like the look of this! Can we get more information on the races, appearances, extra abilities, customs, etc.?

Cassius
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Nobility

Post by Cassius » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:49 am

It's really basic, and I was kinda interested in a casual generic high fantasy setting. So I haven't really thought too much past the overview of the world. I have ideas for the country of Lacht and Creisia, but the others haven't been developed at all. If you have some ideas or something that'd be great though!

PurpleShadows
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Mage

Post by PurpleShadows » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:32 am

Sounds really good!
ImageImageImage
:redbullet: :orangebullet: :yellowbullet: :greenbullet: :bluebullet: :pinkbullet: :purplebullet:

Cerulean
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Paladin

Post by Cerulean » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:31 am

I'd play the heck out of this as a Half-Dwarf.