Shortly, I am looking for RP partner(s) to involve me in their stories (1x1 or group) because I am too shy to poke my nose to your partner search threads :/
First of all, I am a newbie at forum type, but I am not a newbie at roleplaying. I was an avid reader at early ages and been roleplaying for a while. I am yet to discover my own preferences as I RP here. There are themes I never tried (like anime, slice of life, D&D, multiple pairings etc). I will likely make mistakes or have the need to be reminded of certain things. I may need guidance of my partners, however I am willing to learn rather than letting them carry all the weight. I only ask for your patience with me so we can work together to create great stories :) Oh also, I am not a native English speaker either.
Here is the expectations of mine from my RP partners (PM me if you want to RP with me but something below bothers you, so we can discuss on it):
- If group: post order in turn
- people to pay attention what have been posted so far. Where are we, who's doing what, what are the environmental conditions, what happened to that item you were holding etc. We need to get the story going simultaneously just like real life, not follow-after-another-as-the-other-player-waits. This means your character needs to react what mine did in the first line as well as the last line (not necessarily giving an answer but acknowledging it). A quick example: *John threw the car keys to Jane and lighted a cigarette. Then turned to open the door to his home, lead her towards the couch, sat down and patted his hand on his side for her to sit "Where are you going then?" he asked before letting out a deep breath of smoke* --- don't do this: *"I am going back home" Jane said and turned to start the car* (where did the key go? Why she kept talking to him from outside etc) do this: *Jane caught the keys on air and followed him into the house, but instead of sitting to the patted seat she simply stood in front of him. "I am going home" she said after a cough caused by the cigarette*
- paragraphs with details are preferred, I love the details and tend to write several paragraphs in a post with descriptions or inner thoughts. I wish the same from my partner but shorter posts are also okay if enough attention was paid and crucial points from my post aren't missed/left unreacted. However it's not necessary to keep the post long if there's not much to describe or any action was trespassing in that turn. (Not forcing you, but if you can, please feed me with how your character's right freckle looked like under the fallen strand of hair in the morning light) :)
- Don't rush the post, read what you've typed so far before posting (maybe my post too).
- No time limitation, but at least 1 -2 posts every week would be nice. Seriously, I can wait a month if it means there's a good quality post incoming :) It's normal to get caught up in RL or simply not being in the mood. Maybe you're waiting for your muse. Just give me a poke that you're still around when you're taking longer than usual, then we're good :)
- RP not to turn into a chat-only. There should also be signs of action, even when people are chatting they're probably standing somewhere or looking around, right? :)
- No several actions one after another in one turn. Let me react to your words and actions first.
- Realism!!: I don't mind if our RP is purely from real life or in a fantasy world. But I like when things are kept realistic in their own ways, (fantasy realms have their own realism too). Even if a character has some abilities, they should have flaws too. I don't like it when a hero can overcome every obstacle, someone smart enough not to ever be fooled, a werewolf just shift in a blink to kill the enemy and return to self the next second, or a psychic finding out about other character's secret demon the moment s/he sees him/her. A swordsman can cut her own finger while drawing his blade, or a vampire can scrape her hand while jumping on top of that building.
- No controlling other characters with the exception of attempts. Example:Don't do this: *He knocked him out cold and carried his body away*. Do this: *He swung his fist aimed to his nose, hoping to knock him out cold so he could carry him away*
- I am interested in character development and story rather than intense action. Things our characters can work on like trust, mentorship, patience, friendship, humanity in general. Romance is a no for my characters, but -maybe- I can tolerate if it's one sided.
- If group, us to discuss priorly what will happen if either of us wants to leave the RP. Don't leave the RP without warning. It's natural, not all tastes match. It's better to converse and find a mutual solution. Don't hesitate to let me know once the RP goes downwards for you, so we can change things about the plot, or even start something completely new.
- Surprises! I like twists, so it's better if you suddenly revealed that it was all a lie all along, or your character was a spy!
- No need for character sheets. As long as you think my character fits yours it's a go. (I am generally not a good fit with people as shy as me, but I don't mind giving a try) However a picture or a physical description could be nice during or prior to the RP so I can visualize who I am chatting with.
- Feel free to take the lead in a RP, create your own details and NPCs in it, even the plot itself. I don't mind following your plot!
- An example of your writing style can be good before we set up a plot, not to disappoint each other after days spent on arrangement
- Just a request from native English speakers: It would be very kind of you if you corrected me when I do mistakes, not grammatical ones (unless a huge one) but misused phrases or idioms
I don't have fandoms, I like creating/discovering new realms. But I don't mind joining a fandom of yours as a newbie of the realm to discover, of if you're patient enough for me to learn about it. Anime is something alien to me, my style is more of serious realistic details even if it's fantasy realm I think, with hidden goofy moments if there's room for that.
These are the ideas comes in my mind. Details are kept vague to create room for your ideas and wishes. You like the idea but wished it was in present day instead of medieval? You wished it to involve darker themes instead of a friendly one? Please instead of turning it down, PM me to offer changes to the parts you don't like :)
2A - A medieval person accidentally summoned to present day on her usual day at fields and the nerdy trainee at the time-machine facility needs to find a way to correct his/her mistake, or find a way to adjust the person to the present so s/he wont be in the trouble with messing with the machines while nobody was looking
2B - Same plot, but the person summoned turned out to be of a royal family and may need to be pampered as such to gain her favor not to let her blab about the trainee's accident.
3 - In an ordinary medieval village comes a shady person seeking for refuge at the one of the houses a little closer to the forest side. The faint-hearted daughter finds the person hiding in their barn, but is it really ethic to alert the guards when the person is wounded? Maybe she should wait until s/he gets better. What could they be hiding, there were no fantasy-creatures existing like the rumours say, right? (the creature can be just a thief etc as well)
4A - A stranger/traveler comes visiting this ordinary but poor looking village, maybe s/he were assigned for something, maybe it was just his/her bad luck that the horse got sick and they need to stay a while. The over-friendly villager insists them to stay at their humble, having enough space or simply craving for someone to chat other than usual faces. The daughter however turns out not so friendly and seems not happy with their guest. What could she be hiding, and why she looked so frightened when he mentioned how beautiful the fullmoon looked last week?
4B - Same plot, but the guest is actually a hunter/ maybe even after magical creatures (can be in present day conditions too)
4C - Same plot, but it being in present day conditions. The guest could be some exchange student, or a student of the parent, or simply someone needs a shelter for some reason
5A - A clan of vampires/werewolves, trying to be nice unlike how they're expected not to get slaughtered by hunters, accepting their newest accidental member who seems to be having trouble with adjusting the conditions and controlling her instincts. Was it a mistake to accept her, that she'll end up getting the suspicions on themselves? Can she really be trained? (you can be the leader or any member of them or anything)
5B - Same plot, but reversed roles. The clan/pack are not holding back from their disastrous natures, but the newest member doesn't want to be one of them and may need some "encouraging". Maybe one of the members doesn't like the pack/clan's ways. Will s/he try helping the newest one to adjust or s/he'll question his ways too?
6 - A very causal medieval/wild west lifestyle, slice of life. Just pick a role and let us find ways to meet our characters, maybe find a plot afterwards :)
7 - You're the lead/a member of a group of people fighting against the supernatural. Maybe hidden by everyone, maybe known and even supported by the government. The group came to a point where it turned impossible to track/deal a clan of (insert creature name here). Maybe an inside help wouldn't be so bad? You're told (or offered it yourself despite the strict ruler) to catch one of the lesser ones of them and convince/threaten to be used as a spy. Maybe you can gain her trust enough to be lead inside the nest at some point too! But, can you really trust this creature? Can you trust your abilities to keep her under control and gain some bravo from the leader?
8 - You're in the far future, maybe in the space or another planet (feel free to create the realm and conditions). The news arrive: there was an accident at an older facility on earth and it collapsed due to the age of the building. It turns out to be the section where the old samples were stored and held in frozen/comatose state, and now they have no option to defreeze them since the section can no longer be supported. Odd thing is, there were also humans among them that had to be frozen for some mysterious reason (the records gone bad by the accident as well). Someone needs to find out the reason before some weird virus spreads to the new planet, maybe without alerting the new person with the shocks of being in an environment she can't even imagine.
9 - Zombie apocalypse. You're an ex-soldier/a video game addict that knows a few things about guns/a doctor/insert anything here. You're certain you can handle it, if only you weren't required to take care of this mousy girl too (a stranger you met/ a sister/ the president's daughter you are told to protect and bring back to the capital) Maybe it wasn't that bad though, she seems to be good at cooking and melting the hearts of people you wanted to trade goods with!
10- Any plot ideas you have that needs to be completing or a partner
11A - A group of/single adventurers/soldiers/etc came to a point on their journey where they had to defend a small village against bandits/looters/creatures. During the fight there was quite a loss, they were too late to reach their aid. Along with the squire/helper/messenger of the knight/guard/adventurer and a few other soldiers/adventurers, the whole village was burnt, leaving one single inhibitant behind. The scrawny girl/young woman didn't seem to have held a single weapon in her life, but can she replace the helper the knight had at least until they could find a solution? They can't leave her alone there after all. Who knew, maybe she would turn out quite a fighter, maybe it's the worst mistake the knight/adventurer ever made.
11B - Same plot, modern day. Knight/adventurer is a mob/police officer/spy, causes the death of the girl/woman's family.
11C - Same plot, but the knight/adventurer is not that soft hearted. Their reason to be in the village was not for helping at all, they were there to collect taxes and this family had nothing to offer apart from their eldest daughter for the knight's aid.
12A - Two high school students(could be adults somewhere else too), being complete opposite of each other. One a very shy girl buried among her books, other cool boy/girl very popular in the school and maybe even in their little town. For some reason (magic?) the next day they wake up to find out they switched bodies. They can't really ask for aid without the risk of being called delusional. Can they adjust to this new and completely unfamiliar lifestyles? Or do they need each others help despite having different perspectives on life?
12B - Same plot, medieval era. One being a noble/royal while other is a poor villager.
13 - A highschool student with a bright future gets killed. For some reason the ghost is only appearing to the not so bright student B. The ghost can't really remember a thing about his/her accident/murder, however his/her other memories (especially of education life) are quite clear. Would student B help the ghost with the mystery so s/he can rest, in exchange of getting extra points in his/her school researches? (This whole idea can be adjusted to adults rather than students too)
More plots or more details may be added :)
Once we settled everything, discord can be used as an OOC for faster communication. (Or if you have ideas for a plot to start with me)
If we failed at a RP previously don't hesitate to reach me for another plot. Maybe in different conditions we can find better harmony :)
Looking forward for your IMs for requests, questions or advices :) ((A.K.A: please pick me!))
A few things about me:
I am not a wall though, I will gladly be open for discussions about our RP and even get hyped about it with you. I am willing to share my Discord name with the only purpose of keeping quicker contact about our RP. Thank you for understanding and your patience :)