Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Plugged In - Interest Check

Gather ideas and brainstorm with other members, recruit players, make partner requests, or just check for interest in an idea you have. A great place to browse to see what is taking place or build new settings and worlds from scratch.

Moderators: Forge, Georgeanna

BrookeDi
Scout
Scout
Class: Rogue

Plugged In - Interest Check

Post by BrookeDi » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:15 am

Humans ruined their planet. Space travel wasn’t as advanced as we would have liked. We needed to figure out a way to continue to survive. While rocket science may not have been where we wanted it to be, there were other technological advances.

Fast forward several generations. We now live in an entirely virtual world. People still live in their homes, but (much like that one episode of Black Mirror, if you've seen it), when they go about their day to day life, they are plugged into this virtual world.

Everyone is represented by an avatar, similar to their actual appearance. Their avatars walk through this virtual world, you can pass people sitting on benches reading a virtual newspaper as they scroll through the news. All home necessities are bought online and delivered by drone. Humans exposure to the outside world is minimal but does happen as individuals move in with one another, when hospital visits are needed, etc. Some people work from home outside of the virtual reality.

This is where the story takes place. I'm still a little hazy on the details on what will actually take place in the story, what I'm thinking is that there's a virus in the system or maybe something where they have to explore this world since it was been abandoned. Before I take this any further than I already have, I wanted to see if there was any interest.
"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you."
- Maya Angelou

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

Re: Plugged In - Interest Check

Post by Ghostwriter » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Hmm, Im interested. Never watched black mirror but you reminded me I had added to netflix to give a looksy so Ill do that tomorrow now that I have time. Actually I just watched the first episode just now. That first episode was great.

Im guessing this would be something akin to the matrix from what you was talking about it, except in addition to VR there is also AR, augmented reality.
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

BrookeDi
Scout
Scout

Post by BrookeDi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:53 am

Ghostwriter wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:58 pm
Hmm, Im interested. Never watched black mirror but you reminded me I had added to netflix to give a looksy so Ill do that tomorrow now that I have time. Actually I just watched the first episode just now. That first episode was great.

Im guessing this would be something akin to the matrix from what you was talking about it, except in addition to VR there is also AR, augmented reality.
Ooh, I hadn't considered augmented reality. If you're going to watch Black Mirror, the episode I had in mind is the USS Callister. Particularly the main character.
- Maya Angelou

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:57 am

Yea hah, I watched that episode I guess on accident. I thought that was the first episode but that was apparently the first episode of the last season. Just noticed the actual first episode... with the pig, and wow. Very different than what I was expecting.
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Fireynay
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Werebeast

Post by Fireynay » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:40 am

This sounds really interesting! I'd be up for it.
Thank you Forge for the amazing set!

BrookeDi
Scout
Scout

Post by BrookeDi » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:02 am

I could theoretically proceed with just two interested. :>
- Maya Angelou

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:05 am

Yea I have noticed an overall decrease in forum/rp activity~ but Id be happy with just us tho if thats sort of a question directed at us.

My usual first question is how active would you like the rp to be? Like posting once a week? Multiple times a week? Every day? Once every 2 weeks? Once a month? Im sort of rp starved so I can be as active as you are interested in doing.

I'm an Architect

BrookeDi
Scout
Scout

Post by BrookeDi » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:10 am

Haha! I'll take what I can get. I figure with just three of us, it might be easier to be more active, but I won't push for too much. Things happen. I can definitely manage a post at least once a week. I won't promise more than that, although it may be possible some weeks. If everyone is cool with it being a super small group, I'll get the rest of everything up by the end of week.
- Maya Angelou

BrookeDi
Scout
Scout

Post by BrookeDi » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:32 am

Update:
Forge wrote:
said he was interested as well. So, that'll be four of us which is a decent number. Definitely will have the rest of the info updated this week. :>
- Maya Angelou

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:40 am

👍
(edit)
Saw your post guessing who is going to post next :p Im a lurker, I see things >.>
But sorry to disappoint, I dont really post on stuff like that~
I wanted to post there just to say that, but then Id get messaged everytime someone posted...
So your trick didnt work on me!

I'm an Architect

BrookeDi
Scout
Scout

Post by BrookeDi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:46 am

Here you are! OOC thread with a nice character sheet for you~

I actually really hate character sheets, so... if you need more guidance on it, or whatever, let me know and we'll figure it out.

viewtopic.php?f=109&t=3805
- Maya Angelou

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:18 am

It's ok, I think everyone hates character sheets. Most times it's not even really necessary unless there's a lot of rules. But for some reason people feel awkward or inadequate if they don't have some form to fill out. Maybes it's been hammered into us and there's no avoiding it anymore~

I'm an Architect