We have a new Global Moderator! Congratulations Georgeanna!

It's new banner time and we need your help to choose one! Please head over to the poll and vote for your favourite.

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up!

[CLOSED] So you want to be a Spy?

Gather ideas and brainstorm with other members, recruit players, make partner requests, or just check for interest in an idea you have. A great place to browse to see what is taking place or build new settings and worlds from scratch.

Moderators: Forge, Georgeanna

BrookeDi
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Rogue

[CLOSED] So you want to be a Spy?

Post by BrookeDi » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:04 am

Hello!

As the title might allude to, I'm working on a spy RP with the help of wehaveaproblem. It's going to be a small role play, and we'd like to keep it to about four players, maybe five.

Ideally, each player will play a minimum of two characters. Currently, we have two players, so we're looking for two or three more. At this point, I'm thinking we'll look at each character concept before deciding, rather than taking a first come, first serve basis.

So! The Premise:
The setting is in the near future (sometime in 2020s), there's a boarding school in Sweden, Lundsbergs Boarding School (it's a real place, look it up). In August of 2013, the school closed down due to rumors of bullying and abuse. The school's Headmaster and governing board all resigned; six months later, the school reopened. However, a lot more than a staff overhaul had changed.

See, there's a group of International Spies, and not International the way you usually see in the movies. These spies don't work for any country; they don't operate under any known entity. They're not even sure who they work for (popular theory is NATO). Their recruiting and training needed a bit of an overhaul and a new location. Enter Lundsbergs. Now the boarding school is no longer for the wealthy who need to feel exclusive, but now a training ground for future spies. The recruiting process begins at Freshman age (14-15); however, characters will either be Juniors or Seniors (16-18yo). These kids are trained through their high school and college years and the RP would, ideally, follow them through graduation and into the role play. We may decide differently on the age thing, but for now, this is where we stand. College students are housed at a different location. More details on that, later.

There's a lot more information to share, but I think I'll leave it at this for now and more info will be given to the chosen players! Below is an example of the character sheet we'd like for you to use. Leave the code name blank as I haven't provided information about the houses, just yet. That can be filled in later.

Code: Select all

[b]Birth name:[/b] This information should be redacted like so: [highlight=black]______ _______[/highlight] (I recommend the spaces over actually highlighting their real name). Characters and players are to never give out this information to other characters/players.

[b]Country:[/b] Where is your character from? This should also be redacted and heavily guarded.

[b]Code name:[/b](Your house letter+number between 1-50 ex: D-9)

[b]Persona:[/b] This is your first true alias. You pick the name, the fake background, etc. This is who your character is when they're off school grounds or on any assignment. Otherwise, you go by your code name. Your character will be developing this alias, their acquaintances, etc. over their years at the school. 

[b]Age:[/b] (16-18)

[b]Desired Proficiency:[/b](hacking, Intel, etc.)

[b]Physical Appearance: 

Skills:

Weaknesses:

Other:[/b]Any information you think might be necessary. This may also have redacted information.
Last edited by BrookeDi on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

wehaveaproblem
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Mage

Re: So you want to be a Spy?

Post by wehaveaproblem » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:53 am

Hey there everyone! I'm wehaveaproblem, but you can call me Rom, and I'm the co-GM to the lovely Brooke. I've already created one of my two characters, a boy in the A house. I've just decided to put his form here, so that anyone wanting to make a character can have a reference! As a side note, you can PM either me or Brooke for more information if you're feeling confused or anything.
With all that, I introduce you to A-23, and then, D-41!

Birth name: _____ _______

Code name: A-23

Persona: Lewis Young. Lewis is a seventeen year old boy from South Africa. His parents and his younger sister live on the outskirts of Sweden. His father got rich off of less than legal activities that Lewis doesn’t discuss. Lewis enjoys studying wildlife, specifically insects, and plans on becoming an entomologist.

Desired Proficiency: Field Medicine

Physical Appearance: A-23 is a black male, though it’s widely assumed by the student body that he is from _________ __ ______ due to his strong, sometimes difficult to understand accent. He has a somewhat impoverished body type, suggesting that he hasn’t had a good meal in a while (though that will soon change to the more athletic, fit standard of the school, before failing again in the summer). He stands at 5’8”. He has dark brown eyes and black hair that is closely cropped to his head.

Skills: Has a photographic memory, which he primarily uses for memorising health manuals. Has incredible stamina, and can last a long time without food or water. Is very good at non-lethal attacks.

Weaknesses: His thick accent gives something of a language barrier. His English sometimes fails him, and morphs into his first language entirely, especially under stress. He struggles in languages classes, since they are taught in English. Technology-related subjects often go over his head, as he has had little experience with computers and tech in his home country.

Other: Though he doesn’t realise, A-23 is __________. ___ __ ___ ____ ____ ____ _______ __ ___ _______ he’ll be terrified of the truth once he realises it.

~~~

Birth name: _______ _____

Code name: D-41

Persona: Emily Baker - Emily is a trendy hipster girl from Brooklyn. She wears long, flowy, floral dresses and flower crowns, and often goes barefoot. She wears large aviator eyeglasses, though they don’t have any prescription. She has a blog called ‘Vegan Teens’ where she creates vegan diet plans for teens in different situations.

Desired Proficiency: Assassination

Physical Appearance: D-41 is a beautiful young girl, standing at 5’3” and having a slender, but athletic frame. She has a sharp, heart-shaped face, with high cheekbones and a skinny nose. She is very pale, and heavily freckled. She has short ginger hair, styled into a fashionable quiff, and dark green eyes. She seems to have a secret talent when it comes to makeup, but it very rarely gets revealed.

Skills: Is a master at putting things into food or drink without being noticed. She appears to know much of the rules of being a spy like the back of her hand. There is another secret reason to why she has been recruited, but it is only known by the most high level staff.

Weaknesses: She struggles to keep her stories straight. Due to her short height and slight frame, she is easily overpowered.

Other: D-41 is ___ _____ __ ___ _____ _____________ _____, but she was ______ __ __ _________ __ ___ ____ _______. She has won the school-wide game of Assassin for two years by _________ ___ ________ ____. She is believed by the faculty to be a __________ __ _________.
Last edited by wehaveaproblem on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

just_alex
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Adventurer

Post by just_alex » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:47 am

Hello! I would love to join if that's alright. Although I am busy today so I won't be able to create my characters until tomorrow morning if that's alright. Although, if you do choose to let people in because they are able to immediately give character forms, than I'll step back :)
What if the stars started disappearing
And all that was left was nothing
What if we covered our eyes, stopped listening
And we missed everything

BrookeDi
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BrookeDi » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:00 am

just_alex wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:47 am
Hello! I would love to join if that's alright. Although I am busy today so I won't be able to create my characters until tomorrow morning if that's alright. Although, if you do choose to let people in because they are able to immediately give character forms, than I'll step back :)
We'll be picking by the character sheets only, so submit when you are free. No one will be rewarded or penalized for turning theirs in first or last.

BrookeDi
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BrookeDi » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:08 am

Just because, I've included my character as well:

Birth Name: _______ _____

Code Name:
B-43

Persona: Holly Mitchelson - Holly Mitchelson is a Canadian born student from a middle to upper class family. She has expensive tastes in clothes and food and likes art. She hopes to be a painter one day and enjoys her studies in art history and philosophy.

Desired Proficiency: Explosives.

Physical Appearance: B-43 stands at 5 foot 3, with long light brown hair that reaches just below her waist. This is usually worn down, though when studying or when fiddling with bombs it’s pulled back. She has naturally tanned skinned and a bit of a scrawny form.. There is a trace of an accent, but it is so faint that it is near impossible to figure out where she’s from.

Skills: Bomb making, bomb defusing, explosives, wires etc. She’s also quick and quiet (can hide really well). High IQ. Handguns.

Weaknesses: Trouble making connections with other people (even spies should have some strong ties to someone), physical strength is definitely not her forte, any hand to hand combat.

Other: B-43 lives __ _ ________ _______ __ __ ________ when she’s out of school. She’s crafty and street smart, __ ___ ________. Her father left when she was a toddler, and she was raised by a single mother _____ ___ ___ _____, ____ ___ ______ ______ ____. She has one _______ ______. ___ ____ ______ ____ __ ______ ____. ___ ___ __ ___________ ___ ______ ___ ___. __ ___ ____ _______ ___ _____. __ ___ _______ __ _ ____ ______ ___ ___ ______ _______ ___ ___ ____. ___ ___ _____ ______ __ ___ _______ ___ __ ___ __________ ___ ____ ___ ___ ____ ______ __ ___ ___ ____ _____.
Last edited by BrookeDi on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PurpleShadows
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by PurpleShadows » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:09 pm

Birth name: -----------

Code name:(Your house letter+number between 1-50 ex: D-9)

Persona: An active, sporty young woman. She portrays herself as an athletic but feminine person with dreams of competing at Olympic level in heptathlon.

Desired Proficiency: Intel

Physical Appearance: Long wavy hair in a dark chestnut colour. 5 ft 8 ". Slim. Tanned and well-toned. Dark eyes. She usually wears lipstick, except when she's doing sport or training. She has a triangle of moles on her left hip. She has a scar from a laceration across her left hip and down her thigh.

Skills: She is good with computers, and she can type 75 words per minute. She has a strong high kick with her left leg. She has extremely good hearing and excellent observation skills. She is very good at standing still and being unobserved.

Weaknesses: She doesn't have the best aim with a gun and struggles with the loud noise. She isn't great with figures or computer code. She can't solve logic problems or riddles very quickly. She prefers to be in the background observing, and as a result is not great at anything extroverted, like pretending to be someone very extroverted or causing a scene as a distraction.

Other: She got the scar on her hip in a fight with a thief. She kicked out and he caught her leg with his knife. Her mother was killed on assignment. She is the daughter of First Flamingo . Her father was a Parisian teacher, that her mother met whilst working there. Her mother is American, her father French.

just_alex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by just_alex » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:56 am

Birth name: _____ _____

Code name: D-14

Persona: Jamie Parker >> A young dancer who barely gets by. She was born in England where both of her parents raised her happily. She enjoys not only dancing but teaching it as well. She mainly focuses on ballet but also loves modern.

Desired Proficiency: Field Agent

Physical Appearance: Long thick brown hair with grey eyes, B-6 stands at 5'7 with a lean athletic build. She has a light dash of freckles on her nose and cheeks.

Skills: B-6 is very skilled in hand to hand combat. She is also extremely skilled in long distance running and anything that has to do with being underwater. B-6 is also skilled when it comes to different assortment of weapons.

Weaknesses: B-6 is terrible with technology and will not know what to do when hacking is needed. There are also some moments during combat where if her opponent gets the upper hand, she'll have a hard time getting out of it. That's why she tries to take her opponent out as quickly as possible. Also she is very sensitive in her head area, so any hit there will weaken her immensely.

Other:[/b] Both of B-6's parents were killed by ___ ______ __________ ______. She was brought in, but most were quite unsure of her.
B-6 was also considered for the _______ __ ____ ___ _________ __________ _________. But they ended up choosing someone else.

>>>
Birth name: ____ ______

Code name: C-22

Persona: Clark Hawkins >> Clark is an aspired photographer, simply making money by selling his photos to newspapers, magazines, etc. His parents are American, but they are currently residing in Cairo Egypt, which was were he was born.

Desired Proficiency:Intel

Physical Appearance: B-10 has shaggy blonde hair that he rarely brushes, usually just running his fingers through it to keep it somewhat tame. He has dark green eyes with dark lashes. He stands at 6'2" with an athletic build.

Skills: B-10 can throw some powerful punches when he wants, but he is most skilled in noticing tiny details out in the field and remembering them almost perfectly. B-10 can follow behavorial patterns and most of the time can predict futures actions and events.

Weaknesses: B-10 is decent at hand to hand combat, but it isn't his main focus. If he gets ambushed by more then three guys, he may not be able to get out of it. He also has terrible social skills, most of the time isulting those he doesn't like.

Other: B-10 was ______ __ _ _____ ____ ___ ______ ____. ____ _____ ___ ______ __ __ _______ ________ ________.
Last edited by just_alex on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
What if the stars started disappearing
And all that was left was nothing
What if we covered our eyes, stopped listening
And we missed everything

Lavorther
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Lavorther » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:49 pm

Birth name: ______ _______

Code name: C-08

Persona: Dennis Jaeger. Self-employed software engineer from Germany, also does some freelance work for several big companies. Built and owns several popular websites and mobile apps, and has worked for some big companies like Microsoft and Facebook. Smart and witty, but might come off as rude even if that isn't his intention.

Desired Proficiency: Hacking

Physical Appearance: Slightly below average height for a European male, with messy blonde hair and brown eyes. Has a perpetual smirk on his face and slight freckles on his cheeks. Dresses in faded jeans and t-shirts with band logos or other flashy prints. Also regularly seen wearing a hoodie over those shirts, depending on the weather or if he's trying to keep a low profile.

Skills: Genius with computers. Decent knowledge of electronics. Can write programs for just about anything he has had a chance to study for a little while. Can write and send pretty convincing phishing emails or letters, getting people's personal information or other data he needs. Decently skilled with pistols and other handguns.

Languages: English 9.5/10, German 7/10, Swedish 3/10 (mostly just practical stuff like introducing himself or ordering a drink)

Weaknesses: Not the best at making friends or other social interactions, even when he has to fake it. Physically not very strong, and bad at hand-to-hand combat or using physical weapons. Prefers to work alone. Tends to over-analyze situations and can miss the simpler solutions. Often has brilliant ideas, but gets overly technical or wordy when explaining them. Impatient when it comes to teaching/explaining things to others, especially if they don't pick it up as fast as he expected.

Other: Owns some hacking tools he acquired from ______ _______ _______ _______, and knows how to use them. Suspected ties to ______ _______ _______.

= = = = = = =

Birth name: ______ _______

Code name: D-11

Persona: Samantha Liang. American botanist working in her parents' store. Cheerful young lady with a charming smile, always friendly and working hard to ensure everyone around her is feeling happy. Has green thumbs and an eye for design, allowing her to both grow and arrange flowers with seeming ease.

Desired Proficiency: Poisons & anitdotes

Physical Appearance: American with some Asian heritage, which is visible in her shiny, silky smooth black hair, pale skin and slightly slanted dark eyes. Very short. Often wears fashionable dresses or other tasteful clothes.

Skills: Green thumbs and an impressive botanic knowledge for someone her age. Good in chemistry and biology, and knows how to work lab equipment. Very charming and friendly, able to befriend or convince most people with ease. Very deadly with knives, both hand-to-hand combat and throwing. Can also throw darts and other ranged weapons very accurately.

Languages: English 10/10, Swedish 5/10, Latin 6/10 (mostly plant names and their meanings)

Weaknesses: Bad at using guns, and her lack of of strength makes any weapon bigger than a knife very inefficient in her hands. Tries to make sure everyone around her is having a good time and wants people to like her. If this is impossible for whatever reason she gets uncomfortable and slightly stressed. Bit of a softie and pacifist, preferring to persuade people or knock them out even when some more permanent solutions might be the better alternative. Thinks everyone is nice and friendly until proven otherwise, which makes her a bit gullible or prevents her from accurately predicting the outcome of a situation.

Other: Has gotten into trouble with the police on multiple occasions for growing ___________, ______ and ____ _________ in her room or family garden.
Last edited by Lavorther on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Saffron
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Saffron » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:54 am

Birth name: ______ _________

Code name: B-45

Persona: Jessica Winther - Born in England, she moved to Sweden with her older sister at the age of 12 as her parents both passed away in a car crash. Her dream is to be an actress, appearing on the white screen and making a difference with a voice that matters to people.

Desired Proficiency: Infiltration

Physical Appearance: Part of her job is acting as a chameleon, fitting in with her surroundings and being able to blend in (or stand out) in any crowd, gathering information wherever she goes and whomever she interacts with. Because of this, she never looks the same depending on what mission she's working. With this in mind, her natural appearance shows a Northern Mediterranean woman in her late teens, with naturally tanned olive skin and hazel eyes. Her hair, a dark nutmeg kind of brown, falls down in waves to her chest. Her cheekbones are high and sharp, a slim nose and full lips to match. Her beauty is part of the reason for her becoming an infiltrator. She's about 5'6" tall and 110lbs.

Due to her desired proficiency, she always switches up her style to accommodate the current mission, and she keeps pieces of clothes from every one of them once they're completed. She usually prefers a minimalist fashion with no jewelry or large patterns, keeping her makeup simple.

Skills: A quick wit and a sharp tongue is necessary in her area of expertise. She's a social butterfly, and a smooth talker, with a way of making people telling her their secrets and showing her information that aren't meant for her eyes. She has a knack for manipulation and telling sweet lies to get what she wants.

Weaknesses: As good as she is with her social and manipulative skills, she's only has the most basic understanding of fighting. She could probably hold back an aggressor for some time, but only has a little training with a gun and martial arts, good enough to defend but definitely not to fight.

Other: Jessica's childhood consisted of ______________________ before she was brought in by ____________. This information is still ___________________________________________________________.

Birth name: ______ _________

Country
: _______

Code name: A-09

Persona:
James Ashton - A bartender with no real dreams to speak of, just focusing on seizing the day or whatever people do these days. Notoriously charming, mixing drinks like it’s nobody’s business and oh - never says no to a good party.

Desired Proficiency:
Scout & Sniper

Physical Appearance: James’ a proud 6’5” tall and has a lean, muscular physique. His most prominent features are his strong jaw and different colored eyes, with one being blue and the other being brown with a speck of blue in the outer part of the iris. His face is framed by rowdy, dark blonde hair, a set of thick eyebrows and a sharp nose to top it off. It gives him a slightly aristocratic look, further defined by a slight groove in his chin. He covers this up with a well-maintained stubble, enhancing his jawline even more.

He always wears simple clothes, such as v-cut shirts and jeans, trying to act as if he doesn’t care much about his appearance even though he can be quite vain.

Skills: He’s got some serious skills with long-distance weapons, sniper rifles being his professional preference. He’s got a perfect memory for details, can correctly guess distances based on both vision and sound, and has the patience to be still for long periods of time.

Weakness:
Being good at long-distance shooting doesn’t necessarily mean being good with shooting in general. While his aim is flawless, he doesn’t have the reflexes for close combat, which is why he prefer watching and shooting from a distance when the target is unprepared. He’s fast but not very strong, and he’s got some issues with learning things he himself deem as unnecessary for field work.

Other:
Morale is just an illusion to hide societal entropy
Saffron | Astrid Gabrielsson | 24 | Night Scout | Female | Immunity? No