It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

A New Moderator Appears!
Join us in congratulating our newest recruit!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Two Minds Are Better Than One [Closed]

Gather ideas and brainstorm with other members, recruit players, make partner requests, or just check for interest in an idea you have. A great place to browse to see what is taking place or build new settings and worlds from scratch.

Moderators: Forge, Georgeanna

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Thief

Two Minds Are Better Than One [Closed]

Post by Georgeanna » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:59 am

I’m an avid writer who can’t seem to get enough of the fictional worlds I dabble in. I like complex characters, epic fight scenes, psychological subplots, exploring crazy worlds, and creating cool creatures.

That being said, I’m looking for some new 1x1 partners, or even a group if enough people are interested in a certain story.

What I’m Looking For:
-Someone who can use spellcheck, abide by basic grammar rules, and write a good amount of words (more than a few lines).
-Someone who is open to using Google docs or PMs to collaborate on scenes in which both of our characters are interacting more directly.
-Someone who can follow forum rules.

That’s it! I’m not that picky.

I think it’s fair that I should be held accountable for every expectation I have. We are partners/a team! If you have any expectations going into this, feel free to voice those~

Concept Mix and Match:
Now, to the good stuff. I’ve listed some different elements I’d enjoy writing about. I tend to think in bits, pieces, and questions, so sorry if it seems a little different compared to other 1x1 interest checks. Pick which ones you like (none, one, or more) and then we can make a plot from there. If you don’t see something you like, feel free to suggest alternatives or something completely different. Conversely, if you have a plot already in mind, I’d love to hear it. I’m always open to new things!

Characters
-Artificial Intelligence
-Enhanced Humans (superpowers, cybernetics, etc)
-Pirates
-Fae, Nymphs, and the like
-Soldiers

Motifs
-Morality
-Fate
-Luck
-Heroism
-Games
-Sense of Self
-Discovery

Thematic Questions
-Are the concepts of good and bad universal in all situations? Or is it all relative?
-What does it mean to lose touch with reality?
-What defines true happiness?
-Is selfishness innate, or can a person rise above their own egotistical impulses?
-Are their sacrifices to be made in order to progress as a person? as a government? as a world?
-Do other people’s actions create consequences for other people?

Story Concepts
-Ship’s About to Go Down~ Basically a take on a boat wreck and what transpires during and afterward. Are we stranded? What happens?

-Not the Chosen One~ This idea is based on the concept of The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness, but it’s not a fanfic, as I’ve never read it. I just like the basic premise. The concept is that we would live in a world where magic, superheroes, etc exist and we would be regular characters (the usual NPCs). We can run with this in a multitude of ways. Either we could try to resolve conflict, or a conflict could be started between the gifted ones and us.

-All’s Fair in War~ We’d start out on different sides of a war (this could be in any genre, theoretically), come into conflict, and somehow get stranded together. Do we ever reconcile our differences? Can we look past the war to survive? Or do we leave each other to die? Yes, I’d totally be fine exploring the morbid option of leaving each other to fend for ourselves, but this would be a nuanced interaction, as we’d have to find another way for our storylines to overlap (i.e. plot symmetry, secondary consequences, etc). Morality would ideally be a BIG motif in this one.

-Adventuring Gone Wrong~ The concept is all in the name really. What do we encounter? What are the consequences? Why did we leave in the first place?
Last edited by Georgeanna on Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Palacia
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Vampire

Re: Two Minds Are Better Than One

Post by Palacia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:00 pm

I'd be down for something. I'm pretty open in terms of ideas. Although a pirate or AI concept, in particular, caught my interest.
Image All credit to Forge, amazing work

Glassdoor
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Necromancer

Post by Glassdoor » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm

All’s Fair in War sounds really interesting. I’d really like to try with this one.

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Georgeanna » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:35 pm

Palacia wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:00 pm
I'd be down for something. I'm pretty open in terms of ideas. Although a pirate or AI concept, in particular, caught my interest.
Cool! I guess it depends on what time period and setting you want to write in.

For pirates we could either be on the same ship or rival ships, whichever intrigues you more. Definitely wanted to play with the conflict between the government and pirates too, so that also gives way to being a government official if you want.

With AI I was definitely thinking space and space travel. One of us could be the AI system or we could just interact with it. Up to you. This could incorporate a lot of planetary adventuring too.

And because I’m tired and it seems kinda cool, we could always combine the ideas and have some sort of space pirate thing. Might be a little out there though, but hey I’m game for anything.

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Georgeanna » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:36 pm

Glassdoor wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm
All’s Fair in War sounds really interesting. I’d really like to try with this one.
Okay. I’ll get an OOC up sometime today so we can start getting characters planned out.

Glassdoor
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Glassdoor » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:38 pm

Georgeanna wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:36 pm
Sounds great, I’ll be waiting :)

Palacia
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Palacia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:48 pm

Georgeanna wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:35 pm
And because I’m tired and it seems kinda cool, we could always combine the ideas and have some sort of space pirate thing. Might be a little out there though, but hey I’m game for anything.
Sci-fi is sitting pretty well with me at the moment. Space pirate's could be pretty interesting to toy with. Off the top of my head: a group of pirates scavenging a debris field find an unidentifiable capsule. They retrieve the capsule and investigate it within the safety of their ship discovering that it's a highly advanced computer system. An AI to be precise, and the adventure takes off from there. I'm certain too that one of the members of the crew would likely get a touch too drunk and reveal a bit too much information on the gang's newly acquired merchandise, making the AI known to the ruling political system.

We could be apart of the crew, or one of use could be the AI. Preference based I think.

Could also just be space ravaging pirates too.

Watcha think?

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Georgeanna » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:02 am

Palacia wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:48 pm

Sci-fi is sitting pretty well with me at the moment. Space pirate's could be pretty interesting to toy with. Off the top of my head: a group of pirates scavenging a debris field find an unidentifiable capsule.

Love this idea. It’d even be interesting if we had the creator/original owner of the capsule come into play at some point. Kind of creates an intergalactic cat and mouse chase with the government, the owner, and then us. Also sets up conflict with obedience and such between the AI and the people at play. What do you think?

I can make an OOC a little later so we can start character planning and stuff. We could also just use discord and stuff for planning if you wanted. Either is fine with me.

Palacia
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Palacia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:17 am

Georgeanna wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:02 am

Love this idea. It’d even be interesting if we had the creator/original owner of the capsule come into play at some point. Kind of creates an intergalactic cat and mouse chase with the government, the owner, and then us. Also sets up conflict with obedience and such between the AI and the people at play. What do you think?

I can make an OOC a little later so we can start character planning and stuff. We could also just use discord and stuff for planning if you wanted. Either is fine with me.
I'm down, I think discord would be better on this one.

Hyper110
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Rogue

Post by Hyper110 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Georgeanna wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:59 am

Characters
-Artificial Intelligence
-Enhanced Humans (superpowers, cybernetics, etc)

Motifs
-Morality
-Sense of Self
-Discovery

Thematic Questions
-Are the concepts of good and bad universal in all situations? Or is it all relative?
I am quite interested in coming up with something with you. As for what I quoted above, I have a character idea that I've been meaning to use somewhere that falls into all of that.

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Georgeanna » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:29 am

Hyper110 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:59 pm
I am quite interested in coming up with something with you. As for what I quoted above, I have a character idea that I've been meaning to use somewhere that falls into all of that.
Cool! I sent you a PM so we can plan something.

Chaos_Dreamer
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Chaos_Dreamer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:08 am

Still have something yo want to do with this setting Georgeanna? It seems like you've got quite a few response, but if you're still up for it, this sounds quite interesting!

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Georgeanna » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:09 am

Chaos_Dreamer wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:08 am
Still have something yo want to do with this setting Georgeanna? It seems like you've got quite a few response, but if you're still up for it, this sounds quite interesting!
I'm up for anything. Any combination of the above is fine. Or if you had another idea, I'd be up for that.

Chaos_Dreamer
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Chaos_Dreamer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:21 am

The 'All’s Fair in War' seems quite fun and it seems we're doing quite well with having characters at each others throat. The 'Adventuring Gone Wrong' could be quite fun as well, though, any real preference between those?

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Georgeanna » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:54 pm

Chaos_Dreamer wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:21 am
The 'All’s Fair in War' seems quite fun and it seems we're doing quite well with having characters at each other's throat. The 'Adventuring Gone Wrong' could be quite fun as well, though, any real preference between those?
I mean...we could always write more backstory for Jezabel and Dakari :xeyes: .....Or we could do Adventuring Gone Wrong with different characters. Up to you.

Chaos_Dreamer
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Chaos_Dreamer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:27 am

Oh! I wouldn't mind doing more backstory actually, it could be neat to go from the start, show how they first met and everything.

Lavorther
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Mage

Post by Lavorther » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:35 am

It seems like you've got a lot of replies already, so I'm not sure if you're still looking for people. If you are though, I'd love to do a 1x1 RP with you. If you want to see if you like my writing style/skill you can look at the 3-person RP I'm currently doing here as that's the best example for how I would write in an 1x1 setting.

Now for the ideas... Artificial Intelligence and Enhanced Humans grabbed my attention, as did Adventuring Gone Wrong. Most of the thematic ideas sounded interested to me too. Drop me a message if you're still looking for someone, either on here or though PM on Discord. The things I just mentioned were just those that grabbed my attention though, I'm fine with creating a whole new idea together from scratch too.

So yeah, let me know if you would be interested but I'd totally get it if you have already too many RPs and I'm just too late. No hard feelings if that's the case :)