Let the GAMES begin!

High-ku Jump - Deadline: 18th July
Synchronised Swimming - Deadline: 4th August
The Marathon - Deadline: 31st August

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

looking for a partner(s) (closed)

Gather ideas and brainstorm with other members, recruit players, make partner requests, or just check for interest in an idea you have. A great place to browse to see what is taking place or build new settings and worlds from scratch.

Moderators: Hades [Forge], Athena [Georgeanna]

Silverstag
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Werebeast

Re: looking for a partner(s) (open)

Post by Silverstag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:32 am

Hello! I was wondering if you are still interested in a new 1x1? If so, below are my thoughts for a story~

dinthalion wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:14 pm

2)Siblings with superpowers raised by a supervillian, when they get older they discover one of their real parents was a hero who was killed by the villain who kidnapped them then raised them. They must decide what to do with this knowledge, to continue in a life a crime, to avenge their parents, or to try to join the world of the heroes. It could be even more interesting if one actually was the villain's child and the other was kidnapped. This could also be set as fantasy, replacing superpowers with magical gifts.
I was thinking of possibly having one child from the villain and one from a different parent. I think it would be interesting to maybe have the two stumble across this truth of the hero's lineage as well as stumble across information that would help a current hero team destroy the villain. Or something along those lines. Basically forcing the two to decide what side to be one and act upon it.

Let me know what you think!

dinthalion
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by dinthalion » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:34 pm

I love that idea! Do you know which child you'd like to be? If it doesn't matter to you I'll be the villains child. I'll start an official occ tomorrow.
Thanks Sammy!
The teachings of the Lord are perfect; they give new strength. -Psalm 19:7

Silverstag
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Werebeast

Post by Silverstag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:24 pm

dinthalion wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:34 pm
I love that idea! Do you know which child you'd like to be? If it doesn't matter to you I'll be the villains child. I'll start an official occ tomorrow.
It doesn't matter to me which character I get to play! :D Yay! I'll keep an eye out for the ooc tomorrow! We can start hashing out the details and getting it going!

dinthalion
Traveller
Traveller

Post by dinthalion » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:07 am

here is the occ.
Thanks Sammy!

just_alex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by just_alex » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:33 pm

I really like number one! Could we do that one if you're still interested in role playing? Also, I am fairly active.
What if the stars started disappearing
And all that was left was nothing
What if we covered our eyes, stopped listening
And we missed everything

ChaosShadoWolfe
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Rogue

Post by ChaosShadoWolfe » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:23 am

Dinthalion wrote:5) Escapee(s) from a government military program for the ‘gifted’ end up joining a crew of criminals to escape. We could each play an escapee and a crew member or two. Their gifts make them useful so that is why the crew takes them or maybe the take them out of genuine sympathy. We could make the crew genuine bad guys or more of the honorable type of thieves.
Yeah, I'd like to take a number 5?
No, seriously, I like this idea because there's enough potential. I already have a character that, with a little tweaking, would be wonderful in this. My main line of thinking is make the crew genuine bad guys, and basically have them try and indoctrinate that they saved our characters, which in all honesty could work considering the setting.

Okapi
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Okapi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:47 am

dinthalion wrote:
I'm looking for a 1x1 or possibly a small group to start a new rpwith. My partner doesn't have to be super active, maybe 1 post a week but I do want well developed, realistic characters.

I've listed some ideas bellow but I'm definitely willing to hear other people's ideas as well. I'd be interested in doing an rp not related to any of the bellow either, these are mostly just for brainstorming and could be tweaked and altered significantly. I'd love to brainstorm an idea with a partner. I should also note I prefer to play females.

1) The premise is a kingdom where the king and queen have died leaving no sons, only two daughters. The oldest daughter is crowned queen but It is a patriarchal society so when she marries the real power will pass to her husband. Not wanting to relinquish her new power the young queen vows not to marry and in an effort to protect her sister refuses all suitors for her as well. But there is great unrest in the kingdom, the queen does not rule fairly, taxes are high and many of the people are unhappy at how it is being run. One of the palace guards is a leader in a budding resistance, a sort of darker Robin Hood type character. He believes that if he were to rule the kingdom he could make things better for the people. He devises a plan, allowing some of the rebels to kidnap the younger princess. He mounts a staged rescue were he heroically saves her, winning her heart in the process. Because of his heroism and the infatuated love the princess has for him the queen relents and allows her sister to marry him. Now all he has to do is get the queen out of the way either through persuasion, trickery or violence and he can finally bring about justice in the kingdom. This one I see as a little dark in terms of all the characters having serious moral flaws, and dealing with ideas like the ends justifying the means and such. I could see this done in a scifi setting too with a little tweaking.

2)Siblings with superpowers raised by a supervillian, when they get older they discover one of their real parents was a hero who was killed by the villain who kidnapped them then raised them. They must decide what to do with this knowledge, to continue in a life a crime, to avenge their parents, or to try to join the world of the heroes. It could be even more interesting if one actually was the villain's child and the other was kidnapped. This could also be set as fantasy, replacing superpowers with magical gifts.

3)2 brothers from the noble class and their wives. The brothers are both head strong, possessive, prideful ect. The oldest has fallen out of graces with his parents and lost his inheritance. The oldest is married already. The parents are getting older and in order to cement his place as heir the youngest enters into a marriage arrangement (doesn’t have to be arraigned) with a girl of very high standing his parents approve of. The older however is hoping to find a way to win back his parents favor and the money and power they will leave in their will. Basically a character driven drama with each partner playing one brother and the other's wife.

4) Twins, children of the king and queen of a great kingdom, prophesied to be co-rulers one day of the greatest reign known to the world. They grew up close never jealous or quarrelsome both possessing of their own powers but stronger together. But something changed, one of the twins killed their parents and exiled their sibling setting themselves up as lone ruler. But there may be more then meets the eye, is the new ruler really a tyrant or are there things going on the other doesn't yet understand?

5) Escapee(s) from a government military program for the ‘gifted’ end up joining a crew of criminals to escape. We could each play an escapee and a crew member or two. Their gifts make them useful so that is why the crew takes them or maybe the take them out of genuine sympathy. We could make the crew genuine bad guys or more of the honorable type of thieves.

6) a modern day mage/crime boss kidnaps someone with powers whom he wants to use for his own purposes. He has the help of his daughter who has powers as well. Will his captive escape? Will he/she be brainwashed too and help him? Will his daughter be swayed to help the captive?

7) something relating to a arranged marriage between enemies or where one party is perceived (wrongly or rightly) as a ‘badguy’ or outcast. It could be scifi or traditional fantasy. Something like people from 2 warring kingdoms or different cultures, or one party is considered an outlaw or smuggler, or old money new vs money or even one party is poor but has some skill or power that makes them valuable or something like one party being a conquering warlord or even a victorious leader in a revolution and the other using the marriage as a way to cling to power.
I have several ideas relating to this theme and could elaborate if someone’s interested. Most are a story line where at first one or both don’t really like the other but they either have to learn to work together or one realizes things might not be as they originally perceived them.

Or any other interesting idea someone might have. A lot of these are one's I've tried some variation of before so I'm more then willing to be creative and mash them up with a partners ideas. If you like an idea but see it with some major changes that's fine too, I'm just really looking for a good story with good characters.
Tots up for #2 or #4!!!

dinthalion
Traveller
Traveller

Post by dinthalion » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:45 am

Wow, a lot of interest very suddenly! I’ll warn you guys I’m in a few rps at the moment so I won’t be able to be super active but I’d still be happy to brainstorm. I could probably get in one post a week. I’ll send out some PMs and see if any you guys are interested enough to start some separate occs.
Thanks Sammy!

Bellet
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Nobility

Post by Bellet » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:55 pm

Hey!

Pretty old thread so I hope it’s still open, but I’m definitely interested in some of these ideas if you’re free!

1) This one seems like a really interesting concept to me. I like the moral ambiguity and the concept of "the ends justifying the means". Maybe one could do it in a sci-fi setting? For example the queen is instead a sort of VD for a company which basically rules in a late stage capitalistic world, the company has expanded throughout all the major markets and is effectively ruling the country (or world, if you prefer that). The queen raises prices or something like that and no one really has the power to stand against her. The rebel could then be something like the son of a VD of another large company which the queens company bought up, in search for vengeance or just pure ambition the rebel tries claim the company for himself. An idea would then be that the rebel plays to the heart of the people, he plays the "nice guy", while maybe not having the most honorable of intentions. And the queen might have a really good reason for raising prices, maybe she’s trying to save the environment, but she doesn’t want to or can’t share why. I think that would incorporate a really cool sense of "is it worth being loved at all costs?" And "does the end justify the means?" Of course it’s just an idea though.

3) this one sounds so exciting, were you thinking sort of a Downton Abbey feeling to it where it’s like set in the early 1900s or something more modern? Either way it sound really interesting.

5) I really like this idea too, if you’ve done it already though maybe it could be set in a sort of apocalyptic world, like a zombie outbreak or something. A group of survivors bring the children who turns out to be very useful due to their gifts, but maybe growing up in a facility made them a bit hard to handle. For example they could have been raised in a setting where strength means everything. If you had the most power you were basically king of the world. This led to a lot of infighting among the children to the point that they could barely be kept together. So while the children might be helpful they tend to fight a lot. The idea behind this could be A) the group trying to deal with the children (all in their own way) and decide whether to keep bringing them along and B) the children learning to behave as humans, a thing made more difficult living in a apocalyptic world, and maybe even getting closure with their past. Again this is just an idea though, I’m up for anything! How old were you thinking the kids would be?

I feel like I’ve said this a lot at this point but I really liked all of your ideas, these were just some thoughts. If you want to keep building off them that’s cool or if you wanna do something new I’m up for it!

dinthalion
Traveller
Traveller

Post by dinthalion » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:18 am

It’s still open but I Do have several other rps going so I might be a little slow. I love your ideas though and I’ll try to get an occ up with more of my thoughts in a few days. I’ll pm you a link then we can start brainstorming!
Thanks Sammy!

Lord Bastian
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Nobility

Post by Lord Bastian » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:55 pm

I'm very interested with plot idea 4, however, 5 and 6 also caught my eye as well.
Reality viewed from the Disturbed

headintheclouds
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Pirate

Post by headintheclouds » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:51 pm

dinthalion wrote:
I'm looking for a 1x1 or possibly a small group to start a new rpwith. My partner doesn't have to be super active, maybe 1 post a week but I do want well developed, realistic characters.

I've listed some ideas bellow but I'm definitely willing to hear other people's ideas as well. I'd be interested in doing an rp not related to any of the bellow either, these are mostly just for brainstorming and could be tweaked and altered significantly. I'd love to brainstorm an idea with a partner. I should also note I prefer to play females.

1) The premise is a kingdom where the king and queen have died leaving no sons, only two daughters. The oldest daughter is crowned queen but It is a patriarchal society so when she marries the real power will pass to her husband. Not wanting to relinquish her new power the young queen vows not to marry and in an effort to protect her sister refuses all suitors for her as well. But there is great unrest in the kingdom, the queen does not rule fairly, taxes are high and many of the people are unhappy at how it is being run. One of the palace guards is a leader in a budding resistance, a sort of darker Robin Hood type character. He believes that if he were to rule the kingdom he could make things better for the people. He devises a plan, allowing some of the rebels to kidnap the younger princess. He mounts a staged rescue were he heroically saves her, winning her heart in the process. Because of his heroism and the infatuated love the princess has for him the queen relents and allows her sister to marry him. Now all he has to do is get the queen out of the way either through persuasion, trickery or violence and he can finally bring about justice in the kingdom. This one I see as a little dark in terms of all the characters having serious moral flaws, and dealing with ideas like the ends justifying the means and such. I could see this done in a scifi setting too with a little tweaking.

3)2 brothers from the noble class and their wives. The brothers are both head strong, possessive, prideful ect. The oldest has fallen out of graces with his parents and lost his inheritance. The oldest is married already. The parents are getting older and in order to cement his place as heir the youngest enters into a marriage arrangement (doesn’t have to be arraigned) with a girl of very high standing his parents approve of. The older however is hoping to find a way to win back his parents favor and the money and power they will leave in their will. Basically a character driven drama with each partner playing one brother and the other's wife.

4) Twins, children of the king and queen of a great kingdom, prophesied to be co-rulers one day of the greatest reign known to the world. They grew up close never jealous or quarrelsome both possessing of their own powers but stronger together. But something changed, one of the twins killed their parents and exiled their sibling setting themselves up as lone ruler. But there may be more then meets the eye, is the new ruler really a tyrant or are there things going on the other doesn't yet understand?

5) Escapee(s) from a government military program for the ‘gifted’ end up joining a crew of criminals to escape. We could each play an escapee and a crew member or two. Their gifts make them useful so that is why the crew takes them or maybe the take them out of genuine sympathy. We could make the crew genuine bad guys or more of the honorable type of thieves.

6) a modern day mage/crime boss kidnaps someone with powers whom he wants to use for his own purposes. He has the help of his daughter who has powers as well. Will his captive escape? Will he/she be brainwashed too and help him? Will his daughter be swayed to help the captive?

7) something relating to a arranged marriage between enemies or where one party is perceived (wrongly or rightly) as a ‘badguy’ or outcast. It could be scifi or traditional fantasy. Something like people from 2 warring kingdoms or different cultures, or one party is considered an outlaw or smuggler, or old money new vs money or even one party is poor but has some skill or power that makes them valuable or something like one party being a conquering warlord or even a victorious leader in a revolution and the other using the marriage as a way to cling to power.
I have several ideas relating to this theme and could elaborate if someone’s interested. Most are a story line where at first one or both don’t really like the other but they either have to learn to work together or one realizes things might not be as they originally perceived them.

Or any other interesting idea someone might have. A lot of these are one's I've tried some variation of before so I'm more then willing to be creative and mash them up with a partners ideas. If you like an idea but see it with some major changes that's fine too, I'm just really looking for a good story with good characters.
Hey! Sorry for quoting your entire post, but I'm rather new to the code portion of things, and I had no idea how to just mention you!

I was wondering if any of your ideas were still open? I know you mentioned that you were a bit busy with ideas already, but I thought that it couldn't hurt to try!

dinthalion
Traveller
Traveller

Post by dinthalion » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:29 am

I think I have too many rps going on at the moment. I’ll get with with you guys if your still around when things slow down.
Thanks Sammy!