dinthalion wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:14 pm
I'm looking for a 1x1 or possibly a small group to start a new rpwith. My partner doesn't have to be super active, maybe 1 post a week but I do want well developed, realistic characters.
I've listed some ideas bellow but I'm definitely willing to hear other people's ideas as well. I'd be interested in doing an rp not related to any of the bellow either, these are mostly just for brainstorming and could be tweaked and altered significantly. I'd love to brainstorm an idea with a partner. I should also note I prefer to play females.
1) The premise is a kingdom where the king and queen have died leaving no sons, only two daughters. The oldest daughter is crowned queen but It is a patriarchal society so when she marries the real power will pass to her husband. Not wanting to relinquish her new power the young queen vows not to marry and in an effort to protect her sister refuses all suitors for her as well. But there is great unrest in the kingdom, the queen does not rule fairly, taxes are high and many of the people are unhappy at how it is being run. One of the palace guards is a leader in a budding resistance, a sort of darker Robin Hood type character. He believes that if he were to rule the kingdom he could make things better for the people. He devises a plan, allowing some of the rebels to kidnap the younger princess. He mounts a staged rescue were he heroically saves her, winning her heart in the process. Because of his heroism and the infatuated love the princess has for him the queen relents and allows her sister to marry him. Now all he has to do is get the queen out of the way either through persuasion, trickery or violence and he can finally bring about justice in the kingdom. This one I see as a little dark in terms of all the characters having serious moral flaws, and dealing with ideas like the ends justifying the means and such. I could see this done in a scifi setting too with a little tweaking.
2)Siblings with superpowers raised by a supervillian, when they get older they discover one of their real parents was a hero who was killed by the villain who kidnapped them then raised them. They must decide what to do with this knowledge, to continue in a life a crime, to avenge their parents, or to try to join the world of the heroes. It could be even more interesting if one actually was the villain's child and the other was kidnapped. This could also be set as fantasy, replacing superpowers with magical gifts.
3)2 brothers from the noble class and their wives. The brothers are both head strong, possessive, prideful ect. The oldest has fallen out of graces with his parents and lost his inheritance. The oldest is married already. The parents are getting older and in order to cement his place as heir the youngest enters into a marriage arrangement (doesn’t have to be arraigned) with a girl of very high standing his parents approve of. The older however is hoping to find a way to win back his parents favor and the money and power they will leave in their will. Basically a character driven drama with each partner playing one brother and the other's wife.
4) Twins, children of the king and queen of a great kingdom, prophesied to be co-rulers one day of the greatest reign known to the world. They grew up close never jealous or quarrelsome both possessing of their own powers but stronger together. But something changed, one of the twins killed their parents and exiled their sibling setting themselves up as lone ruler. But there may be more then meets the eye, is the new ruler really a tyrant or are there things going on the other doesn't yet understand?
5) Escapee(s) from a government military program for the ‘gifted’ end up joining a crew of criminals to escape. We could each play an escapee and a crew member or two. Their gifts make them useful so that is why the crew takes them or maybe the take them out of genuine sympathy. We could make the crew genuine bad guys or more of the honorable type of thieves.
6) a modern day mage/crime boss kidnaps someone with powers whom he wants to use for his own purposes. He has the help of his daughter who has powers as well. Will his captive escape? Will he/she be brainwashed too and help him? Will his daughter be swayed to help the captive?
7) something relating to a arranged marriage between enemies or where one party is perceived (wrongly or rightly) as a ‘badguy’ or outcast. It could be scifi or traditional fantasy. Something like people from 2 warring kingdoms or different cultures, or one party is considered an outlaw or smuggler, or old money new vs money or even one party is poor but has some skill or power that makes them valuable or something like one party being a conquering warlord or even a victorious leader in a revolution and the other using the marriage as a way to cling to power.
I have several ideas relating to this theme and could elaborate if someone’s interested. Most are a story line where at first one or both don’t really like the other but they either have to learn to work together or one realizes things might not be as they originally perceived them.
Or any other interesting idea someone might have. A lot of these are one's I've tried some variation of before so I'm more then willing to be creative and mash them up with a partners ideas. If you like an idea but see it with some major changes that's fine too, I'm just really looking for a good story with good characters.