Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

The Edenite Saga - Episode 00: All-Seeing Eyes (Interest Check)

Gather ideas and brainstorm with other members, recruit players, make partner requests, or just check for interest in an idea you have. A great place to browse to see what is taking place or build new settings and worlds from scratch.

Moderators: Forge, Georgeanna

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Paladin

The Edenite Saga - Episode 00: All-Seeing Eyes (Interest Check)

Post by Ninmast » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:36 am

A lonely, abandoned tower thrust through the frigid crust among the peaks of the Himalayas.

A mysterious signal plays havoc with compasses and communication across an entire region.

The dying echo of an ancient civilization awakens a new threat to humanity.

THE EDENITE SAGA
Episode 00: All-Seeing Eyes

See how it all began, and why the world will never be the same.

:redbullet: :orangebullet: :yellowbullet: :greenbullet: :bluebullet: :purplebullet: :pinkbullet:

Click here for the OOC!
F.A.Q.
  • What is this?

This is an interest check for the prequel episode of the multi-episode saga that introduces the precursor android species the Edenites to the world.
  • What's the premise?

There's a strange signal going out over the region in the Himalayas that interferes with air traffic, compasses, digital signals, the works, and it's been traced to a specific point in the mountains. Most characters will be coming specifically to investigate the strange signal and the strange tower that seems to be the source, though it's possible that climbers could find themselves in this mess, as well.
  • Is this a scifi roleplay?

Yes and no. It is a story about ancient robots from outer space, but there are also a number of fantastic and pseudo-spiritual elements to the story, as well, and the player characters, themselves, have no requirements to adhere to a particular genre outside of being from the modern era and on Earth. Magic, superpowers, technological gear and even the divine can play into your character background. You have no requirement to bind yourself to the essence of the Edenites, themselves, and couldn't even if you wanted to.
  • How strong are we expected to be?

While The Edenite Saga has an overall power level that is quite high, with bosses almost exclusively coming in at level nine on the EAB Power Scale, this episode, as well as the next one, Episode 01: Heroes' Children, doesn't have a high bar to entry, and you should be fine if your character is at least moderately powerful or comfortable around such characters.
  • How do we express our interest?

Just post here that you are interested, and feel free to talk about character concepts you are considering. I'm happy to help polish any loose ideas.
  • How long are you expecting this RP to be?

Because The Edenite Saga is designed to be episodic, individual RPs within it will tend to be shorter than normal RPs. You can expect them to be like long chapters. Obviously, the actual time it will take to get through the RP will depend on you, the players, and how you proceed, and how frequently you post, throughout the story. However, if we compared it to, say, a tabletop game, All-Seeing Eyes is the shortest episode, encompassing just a single dungeon of moderate size and the surrounding story thereof. It wasn't originally part of the rest of the Saga, but was penned later to introduce people who didn't have the kind of connections the story required to the setting involved. To this end, it's more of an introduction than an entire chapter.
  • Do we post character sheets here?

No, this is just the interest check, designed to hook your attention, discuss what you want to enter and answer any questions you may have. Should there be enough interest, I will make an OOC thread with more story information to get you started, as well as the character sheet I want to see. I'll be reserving the second post in that thread for linking character sheets.
  • If we enter this RP, and this is a saga, do we have to enter all of the others?

No. One of the reasons why this was designed in an episodic manner is to allow different characters to be used as needed. You don't have to play in every episode, and usually won't necessarily have to know what went down in previous ones beyond what you will be able to pick up in character. Furthermore, not necessarily all characters will be appropriate for all episodes. Thus, you have no obligation to join every single episode, much less to use the same character in every episode.
  • Are you interested in a co-DM?

No, thank you. In fact, I already have one, but they're assisting discreetly for plot reasons.
  • What are you expecting from us as players?

While individual episodes are shorter than normal RPs, we still have a lot of ground to cover, with a total of nine episodes to get through, so I'd appreciate it if you could be dedicated enough to make regular posts, at least one to two a week or often enough not to otherwise hold things up. Beyond that, I expect paragraph format posts with good grammar and decent detail level. We've all had grammar classes, and if you're able to read all of this, it's safe to assume you are at least fluent in English, so I feel justified in expecting this as the bare minimum bar of expectations. I'm not expecting masterwork novel crafting, just basic literary competency.
  • I feel like I've heard of this Edenite Saga thing before. Is this a reboot?

Yes, it is, clear from the start. It's one of my most beloved and complex roleplaying endeavors, and I look forward to sharing it with the RPG Collective.
  • Can I play an Edenite?

No. Due to the nature of the plot and the Edenites, themselves, they will never be available as player races.
  • Can I bring in my own hyper advanced ancient alien race?

Probably not, no, for reasons I hope should be obvious. It would take a very exact type of backstory to not clash with or derail the plot.
  • What if I have other questions you haven't addressed yet?

Feel free to ask them when you post. I'm happy to answer any you may have, and if it's something that I should have included here but forgot to include, I'll add it and even make a notation of who asked!
Last edited by Ninmast on Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Mage

Re: The Edenite Saga - Episode 00: All-Seeing Eyes (Interest Check)

Post by Madrigal » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:07 am

Present and interested. Paragon still meets your approval?

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:15 am

Absolutely! Is he coming with anyone?

Raptorman
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Raptorman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:47 am

I'll be taking part. :)

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:52 am

Awesome! Wanna mention anything about who you plan on using?

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Werebeast

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:03 pm

Interest!
Credit to Sammy and Nicodemus; one created my set for me, the other drew the source image as a request.
Thank You Both!

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:04 pm

Gratitude!

Go ahead and share with the class what you're considering for your entry!

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer
Location: In the secret Legion Headquarters of Doom-Inducing Flamboyance
Class: Necromancer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:50 pm

[( An Interested Person Appears )]
The Ex Legion: A squad of underlings under one mind.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:04 am

Great to see you, Legion! Any thoughts on who you want to use?

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:00 pm

For Episode 00, I currently plan to use a character who tries to gather info on the the tower in the guise of an explorer.

Raptorman
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Raptorman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:22 pm

Currently still leaning towards the Good Doctor for Episode 00 but still giving some other options consideration.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Legion, can I get some more details? After all, you guys don't really even know the tower's there until you get there, just that this GPS point is the dead center of the signal.

Raptorman, what other ideas are you considering?

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Yes.

The facade that the character will put up is that of an explorer who somehow got affected by the tower's interference and tracked its location out of curiosity; but in reality, he is a scout for a group than is hell-bent towards stealing technology and using it to create weaponry. The said group was affected by the interference in an attempt to find 'high-power technology' and managed to locate its approximate position through data analysis and sent the scout to deliver intel. For the episode, that scout will be the only acting unit.

That's my planned character for now.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:12 am

Interesting. That may not go well for you ICly, you know.

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Got it. I will modify my character when necessary.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:25 pm

Oh, the concept's fine, it's just that you'll probably have trouble with other characters.

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:00 pm

Oh, that one. I'm planning to start with a weak character for now, since I'm still trying to work on the stronger ones. Thanks for the concern.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:25 am

Absolutely. You need any feedback, let me know.

We're at four interested people now. I'd really like at least two more.

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Werebeast

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:15 pm

I has two characters, one is what I call a puppet master: creates golems and has them provide a task. Her most advanced with a flaming automaton named Vance. He's on fire because he fought a nuclear man once, he doesn't talk, loves cats, and is very strong but untrained in combat so all he can do for now is hit people and take hits.

However, Alex is not only relying on him, she has been perfecting these puppets over her entire life and while most re broken or one track utilities, it' provided her good knowledge and Vance gives her safety and piggy back rides when she doesn't want to walk anymore because she can get whiny when she has to be physically active or productive.

Simply put, Winry from Full Metal Alchemist and a mute Android 16 from TFS DBS Abridged who loves cats over birds; it's a gross over simplification of them but it should help others become a bit more invested.
Credit to Sammy and Nicodemus; one created my set for me, the other drew the source image as a request.
Thank You Both!

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:39 pm

Sounds great, Skummy!

I have a couple more people considering joining, but should have the OOC up in the coming week.