Let the GAMES begin!

High-ku Jump - Deadline: 18th July
Synchronised Swimming - Deadline: 4th August
The Marathon - Deadline: 31st August

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[IC - Tavern] The Sanctum

The home of the Collective and its accumulated knowledge regarding the multiverse. The Ark contains profiles of all personas, characters, and worlds known to The Collective as well the records of its history and continuing story.

Moderators: Hades [Forge], Hera [Sammy]

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Paladin

Re: [IC - Tavern] The Sanctum

Post by Ninmast » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:53 am

Two figures found themselves side by side at the tables and had very different expressions as they realized they had been teleported. The woman had a stern, concerned expression, while the man just looked insulted. Their eyes widened when they noticed the other there, and a whole facet of expressions passed between them as both rapidly stood to their feet as those who expected violence. However, as both soon deduced that this was not the doing of the other, their eyes went around in opposite directions, taking in the rest of the scene. The woman's went back to the man as he reached into his coat, his eyes on the harp player, and her expression showed she immediately knew what he was intending. It went through, in the span of a moment or two, shock, flat irritation, and braced resignation.

The man pulled a big iron revolver from his coat and leveled it at the musical construct, and the thunderous sound of it going off crashed upon the assembled Collectives. Whether it would have any effect on the particular feature of the room was to be seen.

In the wake of the gunfire, the woman turned to Lester and the giant of a knight. "Well, if I had to guess, I'd say we're still on the Ark, or at least it feels like the same plane. But given the columns, the divine feast, the rolling hills and olive trees, and the thrones up front, I'm betting we've been abducted by something that thinks it's a Greco-Roman pantheon." She thumbed toward the man who had shot at the harp player. "That's why he's so cranky, he was probably up to something and got interrupted mid-sentence."

The Game Master
RPGC Official GM
RPGC Official GM
Class: Pirate

Post by The Game Master » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:37 am

Ninmast wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:53 am
The man pulled a big iron revolver from his coat and leveled it at the musical construct, and the thunderous sound of it going off crashed upon the assembled Collectives. Whether it would have any effect on the particular feature of the room was to be seen.
The Ark, not a fan of gratuitous violence at the best of times, allows the bullet to leave the gun and travel some distance across the courtyard before stilling its trajectory and sending it straight back towards the shooter, at twice the speed. Assuming that he lacks the reflexes to deflect or react to such a fraction-of-a-fraction-of-a-second counter-attack, a few centimeters from the man's forehead, the projectile simply winks out of existence.
Ninmast wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:53 am
In the wake of the gunfire, the woman turned to Lester and the giant of a knight. "Well, if I had to guess, I'd say we're still on the Ark, or at least it feels like the same plane. But given the columns, the divine feast, the rolling hills and olive trees, and the thrones up front, I'm betting we've been abducted by something that thinks it's a Greco-Roman pantheon." She thumbed toward the man who had shot at the harp player. "That's why he's so cranky, he was probably up to something and got interrupted mid-sentence."
Somewhere, both near and far, a long-suffering Game Master lets out a deep and altogether disappointed sigh.

"There's always one," she mutters, rolling her eyes so dramatically that, for a time, her pupils disappear altogether.

! Message from: The Game Master
TLDR: If you think your average DM/GM would require some form of skill or perception check for you to know something, it's probably worth dropping them a PM or y'know, not doing it. Where's the fun in having your character utilise your OOC info and knowing everything before it's revealed? I mean, unless you're inviting me to take a nap? I do like naps but who knows what those deities will get up to without my tempering presence.

BrookeDi
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Class: Rogue

Post by BrookeDi » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:28 am

The Ark is one of the few places that she can get to on her own. Finishing up a very long, very trying three and a half years, and deciding that it would be a good time to return, Ember opened the door to her hotel room, only to step into a long, familiar corridor of the Ark. Her last appearance, six or eight months ago (had it been that long?), had been brief and she was anticipating a more extended stay this time around. Glancing around, Ember sighed with the realization that she was as lost as she always was when returning to Ark.

Still, it had a sense of coming home that nowhere else seemed to hold for her.

She had taken no more than a single step when she was thrust into sudden darkness. She froze, hugging her suit jacket and tasteful messenger bag to her stomach. She didn't dare move as she could subtly feel the shifting of the ground beneath her feet. She knew she was no longer alone the second it happened. It was blissful peace for a few minutes, and then suddenly she was thrust into a wave of emotion, coming from all sides causing her to stumble at the sheer force and surprise of it. She stiffened in the darkness, trying to avoid touching anyone who might be nearby and when she next blinked, the lights were back on.

The decor had changed since her last visit, but it aligned nicely with the Summer Solstice and Ember was finding that she was more irritated at being thrust into a room full of, it seems, every single person on the Ark. The dark haired woman managed to keep the expression on her face smooth, as she headed to exit the courtyard to find a place to set up camp.

Her trip took her to...! The other side of the courtyard. She blinked, glancing around, and turned right around to attempt one more exit only to end up where she had started.

Fantastic. Ember realized she'd be required to socialize, regardless of her current desires. The empath took a steadying breath and forced the tension of her shoulders as she glanced around the room for a familiar face. Even though her appearances are few and far between, she's made a few acquaintances around, and with so much emotion in one place, she would take solace in the closest thing to a familiarity that she could find. If she was going to be forced to sit at a banquet table, the easiest way to get through this god-forsaken event would be to wedge herself between people she knows she can hold a conversation with. With that thought in her mind, Ember began wandering to look for a seat at the banquet table (no way was she going to remain in the seat she'd originally landed in).

I pledge for Zeus
Photo by David Moum on Unsplash

Lida Liadon
Scout
Scout
Class: Werebeast

Post by Lida Liadon » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:55 pm

The light from the portal quickly vanished into total darkness. As the feeling of vertigo overtook the small fox. It was as someone grabbed it's form in the midst of the portal and moved his body completely. As his vision came back to him, a bit of light became visible although it seemed like it was dimmed. As the sense of vertigo finally passed the Lida finally was allowed to take in his surroundings.

This was when he realized that the little fox had been keeping his paws over his eyes in the fetal position. Urged by the voice inside his head the little fox lifted his head up from the balled position that he found himself in. Resting his small head against the table the first thing that caught his attention was meat. The smell was nothing that he had ever experienced before. Not to mention the cakes, all of it was overwhelming and more over distracting.

Lida began looking at the edges of the little fox's sight. The feeling was that of the Ark, although it felt different as it wasn't very often at all that the Ark pushed its will on others. More importantly it seemed that a lot of the members of the collective had been gathered here, and as evident of the gunshot that rang out people were as confused as he was. As Lida was about to speak to the little fox, his body moved quickly across the table grabbing multiple skewers in his teeth before diving full body into one of the many cakes on the table.

After a few seconds deep inside the cake his head popped back out of the hole he had made for himself. A sigh almost loud enough to break the bonds of a mental link and be heard audibly escaped Lida at the carnal response the small fox had. "Little one you need more caution if you are going to just eat strange things you know not whence they came. That aside as it seems we are to be part of whatever game someone has chosen to play so at the very least introduce yourself to the other players."

The small fox took one more dive through the cake and came out on the table, his yellow fur now covered in chucks of vanilla cake and frosting and crumbs all over. Sitting down on the table he looked over the other members with a child-like wonder before speaking up to anyone who was listening.

"Okay boss, Hi everyone I'm Lida....uhhhhhhh I was told so say hi........ so Hi" The little fox quickly grabbed another meat skewer and began nibbling on it, his tail brushing across the nearby cake happily.

Hera [Sammy]
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Post by Hera [Sammy] » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:43 pm

Enter Olympus...
(Joint Post)

Her awareness of the proximity of the other deities increased with every step, even as the elemental fought valiantly (and yet feebly) to keep the information hidden from her. She could not pinpoint them exactly but well enough to know that those she had bid to find hosts had done so and those she had not joined them, maintaining their incorporeal forms. The Queen of the Gods smiled, it was a testament to the value her kin placed on this event that they obeyed, despite their individual propensities to test her patience at any available opportunity. Nothing united the Gods like a pool of lesser beings to toy with. That, after all, had been the logic that has birthed these little games, feasts and diplomacy only got one so far and the deities really had so little time or energy to engage in the former. Nothing diffused genuine tensions or called a halt to dangerous plotting more effectively than this celebration and the Ark had presented itself as the ideal staging area all those centuries ago. Even her husband had been forced to admit that he was impressed by her ingenuity and, for a number of months following each event, when the Gods were subdued, their individual wants and needs tempered by a few months of entertainment, he would have eyes for her and her alone. When the previous inhabitants had found a way to lock them out, her rage had levelled two cities.

“Hush now, your misdirections are irritating but otherwise futile. Did you really hope to keep me from this place? This is not my first visit and surely won’t be my last, I know the pull of the hub you call The Sanctum better than most.” Serving the perfect demonstration of Sammy’s failure, the Goddess turned a final corner and found herself face-to-face with the entrance to The Sanctum, where her fellow deities had begun to gather.

Dionysus strutted with, if it was even possible, even more than his usual degree of confidence. Whatever made Rick’s form so special, the God seemed well pleased with it and he gave his step-mother a disconcertingly self-satisfied smirk as he simply appeared among them and took his place alongside his fellow deities, rocking back and forth on his heels with unbridled anticipation.

Surrounded by her kin, Athena did her best to keep control of G and her misty form, but it was proving difficult. Her brow furrowed in response, the discomfort evident in her face. She reserved words for later, instead trying and failing to appear at ease, her body switching from translucent to opaque repeatedly and shifting from place to place without her consent.

Darkblade found his fellow staff members, well the Olympians he surmised from the God sitting on his shoulder. Who while still sitting there full of confidence, was going through a lot of chibi’s embarrassed ticks. For while they stood tall and grand, there he was stuck inside a little beast. Darkblade didn’t speak, remaining as implacable as ever.
“Well I see we all made it!” The God of War seemed to like yelling.“Even if victory is already assured, I’m glad to see the soon to be defeated galiantly taking part!” And boasting, Darkblade did roll his eyes at that. Giving the hint that he found that rather tiresome.

Hades, meanwhile, stood to one side of the younger gods, kneading the bridge of his nose with the look of a distant uncle who has unexpectedly been given charge of a pack of infants. At Hera’s entrance he lifted his head, a straightening motion that carried through his body and left him looking, if not precisely eager to get going, then certainly willing.

“I believe we have kept them in suspense for long enough. The stage is set, please take your positions and do try to look imposing. Some of these hosts you’ve selected don’t exactly have a regal bearing to them.” Clasping her hands behind her back, Hera turned her attention to the assortment of differently shaped, sized and coloured orbs hovering nearby in little clusters. “I trust the rest of you understand your roles. Observe, consider who you might consider gifting with your favour, should the opportunity arise.”

Whether through chance or seniority, Hades was the first to ascend the platform. He held himself similarly to his host - the straight back, the set expression - but where the swordsman moved among others, the God of the Dead looked as though he might move through anyone who stood in front of him. He stalked across the dais without any particular urgency, like the inevitable passage of time given form, sweeping his eyes over the assembled Collectivites as he went. If the sight of their gathered persons impressed Hades, he didn’t show it; with barely a shift in expression he took up position on the far side of the throne, clasping his hands behind his back and turning a measured yellow gaze toward the rest of the Olympians.

Darkblade entered the Sanctum, with Ares sat upon his shoulder. Not the most glorious of entrances for the God of War, but he was undaunted. Saluting as they moved amongst the mortals, Darkblade looking at his fellow staff members.
“There, we go there!”
The diminutive God yelled into Darkblade’s ear as gestured to the spot, this was where Ares would unfurl his banner. Darkblade ascending to the platform with rather stately pace, no point not playing up to the audience. His gaze though did not move from the Olympians within the bodies of his coworkers.

Dionysus walked up and stood next to Ares, not hiding his giant smile at the fact that the god of war ended up possessing a miniature being.
“It suits you,” Dionysus offered as he took a few steps forward to better inspect the gathered crowd; they were an interesting looking sort, he was sure the games would be a riot this time.

A dim red glow originating from the goddess of war flashed for the briefest of moments, barely noticeable except to those who were paying close attention, before Athena herself ascended towards the podium. Giving no explanation for the unexpected light, the goddess progressed with the grace of a well-trained soldier, every movement strikingly intentional and fluid. A look of triumphant joy and friendliness was clear on her face, as she moved by those seated at the feasting table, hoping to encourage some sort of confidence from the more timid attendees. All at once, she came to a standstill a few paces away from Hades on the left side of the silver seat, her being seeming to radiate with anticipation.

The figure that entered wearing Sammy’s face had nothing of the elemental’s usual bearing. There were no easy smiles, a total lack of childlike fascination with her surroundings, no bounce to her step. She glided rather than walked across the room, her shoulders back, chin held high and a look of powerful condescension that touched each member of the Collective as though they were simply objects whose worth she was measuring, rather than people. A hush fell on the Sanctum that may or may not have been entirely natural and the gazes of the Collective were simply drawn to the Goddess, whether they wished it or not. There was no doubting that this was a Queen, a Queen of Queens. She took the stairs one measured step at a time with the gait of one accustomed to having others rush to her whims and certainly not the other way around. Finally, she took her position in front of the chair that now could only possibly be seen as a throne and, with a glance at the assembled deities on either side of her, turned her attention to the Collective with a look that was somehow both motherly and intimidating.
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Hera [Sammy]
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Hera [Sammy] » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:44 pm

Let the games begin...
(Joint Post)

“Welcome, Collective,” Hera spoke with a voice that was powerful and yet perfectly controlled. Sammy renewed her efforts, spurred on by this further intrusion and those more familiar with the elemental, might have a slight sense of her and her struggle. If she was making any ground, however, there was no sign of it and the Goddess continued without so much as flinching. “The most astute among you will be wondering who we are, stood before you wearing the forms of your leaders, colleagues and friends.” She paused, allowing the weight of her words to fall on those who had thought this some sort of staff sponsored game. “I am Hera, Queen of Olympus and of the Gods,” another pause and the faintest of smiles at the resulting sharp intake of breath. “Queen of the Greek Gods, if you wish to be precise though I am yet to find my equal among any other Pantheon.”
A few of her companions quietly murmured their agreement though whether for her superiority or for that of the Greeks, it was unclear.
“For many centuries, we have deigned to grace the Ark and its inhabitants with our presence, allowing individuals such as yourselves the opportunity to earn the favour of and distinguish themselves in the eyes of the Gods. You are,” she paused, allowing her gaze to move purposefully from face to face, “The latest in a long line of potential champions that have called this place home.”
“Over the course of the next few months you will compete, as individuals and as teams, in feats of strength, agility, dexterity, wisdom and team work. The best among you stand to earn favour and boons from the Gods themselves and I can see already that there are those sat before me that understand the value of such gifts,” she smiled, benevolently as though their forced presence here was a gift of its own.
“You will be split equally between two teams, one will have Zeus as their patron and, the other, Poseidon,” with a flourish of her hand, a banner unfurled itself on either side of her, depicting the emblem of each team. “Please,” she glanced at her fellow Gods and Goddesses, “Introduce yourselves.”

The God of the Dead took a single step forward, folding his arms across his chest.
"Hades," he spoke, in a voice like stones grinding together. "God of the Dead. Lord of the Underworld. The Unseen. He who receives all." Hades paused long enough to run pale yellow eyes across the crowd again, apparently deeming the list of epithets sufficient introduction. “In this, I stand for Zeus.” With that the God of the Dead withdrew, taking that same measured step back into his original position and unfolding his arms, returning to the semblance of parade rest that he had adopted before.

Ares raised his spear, standing as tall as possible upon the shoulder of Darkblade.
“I am War! I am Strife! I am the child of Zeus! I the son of Hera! I am Ares! And I shall stand in with Poseidon in the contest to come!” He cried, pumping his spear arm in a rather Spartan fashion.

Waiting for Ares to finish his chant, Athena spoke up next, her voice chiming with clarity. “I am the goddess of war and wisdom, Athena: the patron goddess of Athens and Zeus’ favorite child. Suffice to say that the art of war is mine. I will be supporting my father’s team in this competition.”

Dionysus excitedly clapped at Athena’s introduction,” Ever a daddy’s girl, isn’t she?” he asked the crowd.
Before they could answer Dionysus stepped forward and extended his left hand to his side, a staff of black onyx appeared out of thin air, a single golden acorn sat atop it,” Behold, new friends, I am Dionysus, god of the wine, fertility,” he winked,” madness and ecstasy, I can already sense the vast amounts of tribute you have offered me, even unknowingly, and for this I have given you all my favor...but.”
Dionysus ran a single finger at the base of his hair line, a crown of vines and ivy wrapping around his head,” know that I favor those who side with Poseidon far more, so, if you’re the fashionable and merry type, you know what to do,” Dionysus gave a wink and a smile before stepping back to his place next to Ares.

“Do not think that I cannot sense the waves of dissent, that I cannot hear those among you already plotting to overpower us and free your leaders,” she chuckled softly, a sound of beauty. “Many of your predecessors harboured similar misconceptions. Know that from this moment until we are ready to depart, the Ark is ours, it answers to me and to me alone. The portals will not open for you, those of you who travel by your own means will find yourselves unable to leave, messages sent to warn members not currently in attendance will not reach them,” she smiled once more, eyes picking out a handful of more specific faces in the crowd, those she sensed had the most considerable power.
“We know that there are those of you who could hope to challenge us directly but we also know that there are individuals here whose distance from ordinary mortality is so slight that any one of us could extinguish them with little more than a passing thought. It will be they who suffer for your defiance. Stand with us, reap the rewards and have your leaders and your Ark returned safely to you. Stand against us and I can promise that your Collective will not be whole when we are through. Do any of you have anything you would like to say to your future champions?”

“Only through glory do the dead enter Elysium.” Hades glanced at the collection of Ark dwellers closest to him, and in a rare show of expression gave the faintest curl of a lip. “In time, you will all be dust, and you will all be judged. Few are given so rare an opportunity to bring honour upon themselves as this. Embrace it.” The God of the Dead shifted his gaze again, first to Hera, and then to those assembled Collectivites who looked as though they may still consider fighting. “And know that if you defy my sister-in-law, I will personally take up each of those innocent souls who perish because of you and cast them screaming into Tartarus.”

“I need you to hold me aloft so that the mortals can see me!” Ares declared, pulling on Darkblade's ears to get his attention. To his credit,Darkblade raised his arm out so that his open palm could be a platform for the God of War and managed not to laugh.
“Mortals of this World Vessel, hear me! I Ares! Call, Rally to my words! Rise to my voice! Fight with honour! Fight with purpose! Fight for glory! You mortals have the chance at immortality! The immortality born of triumph in the face of your enemies, of being added to history in glory, of standing with the Gods in Victory!” Darkblade looked at Ares as he raised his little makeshift spear with little hands, Trying their best to look all the part the God the were and yet marred by their size and typical chibi adorableness.“So I challenge you mortals! To be the strongest! The fastest! And when all is said and done, when the you are there standing alone in that moment of absolute victory! The greatest! ”Stamping his spear’s butt into Darkblade’s palm with each yell, feeling it was a grand gesture that would inspire these mortals. He then pondered a moment, before pointing that spear at the mortals. “Obedience to the Gods is expected, defiance will be met with war!”

With a small laugh, Athena quipped, “I should hope it will not come to that, brother.”
Looking back out onto the crowd with an amused look swirling in her grey gaze, she continued, “I see great courage here; knowledge and wisdom also seems to abound. I expect and suggest that you use those traits to your benefit. Some of these tasks may be outside of your realm of expertise, but look to the heroes of old and see how their bravery paid off!” She paused, allowing herself to collect her thoughts. It never paid to be too hasty with words.
“Two accomplished teams, but only one can win. So proceed boldly! Maintain your wits about you and you shall surely bring victory and pride to both yourself and to your team. It is anybody’s game to win. Do not waste your chance.”

“Well spoken," Hera acknowledged, with a nod to her Godly companions. "Well, with no further ado, allow me to welcome our combatants to the first, Collective Olympics. Feast well and pledge yourselves to the team of your choice, if they’ll have you.”

Please remember to vote here everyday!

TheGreenerGrey
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Warrior

Post by TheGreenerGrey » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:00 am

Magnan looked towards the man, his jaw creaking open to address him with a barrage of questions. While it was good to know the name of this place, the Ark apparently, it still left him with a variety of questions such as why he was there, or what his purpose for being here actually was. However, before he could do so a presence entered the room, one alien but at the same time familiar. He had felt such a power many times before, and he knew what these beings were before they even opened their mouths.

As the gods addressed the gathered beings, he found his ire growing larger and stronger with every word. It seemed that no matter where you went, gods remained the same. Haughty, imperious, and full of themselves. One by one they introduced themselves, until finally the original speaker commanded attention once more and ‘welcomed’ them to these ‘collective Olympics’. A competition of sorts, it seemed. No doubt for the amusement of these beings, as was the case with all gods.

The moment Hera finished speaking Magnan hefted his shield and stood from his chair, the wall of steel impacting with the floor with a near deafening slam. The armoured Titan turned to face the Greek gods, and the blue pinpricks of light from his visor intensified to raging flames of luminescence, wisps streaming from between the slits of his helmet as he took a powerful step towards the assembled gods. “You would not be the first gods who thought they could bully mortals.” He rumbles, taking another step as lines of blue light began to make their way along his shield in intricate patterns once more.

“Nor will you be the first who have been crushed by my hand.” Another step. “You are parasites, too weak to appear on your own in... whatever this place is. Stealing the bodies of mortals instead. You cannot win. Leave this place, or be destroyed.” With that said, he crouched into a forward position and places his shield in front of him. A sheen of blue materialised over it, and the giant charged forward.
The past doesn’t define who you are.
It just... gives you the starting point for who you’re going to be. -Carolina, RvB

Hades [Forge]
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Post by Hades [Forge] » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:35 am

Hades watched the giant announce his opposition, the god's face a study in detached indifference. Even as the mountain of metal left the table, set its absurdly large shield against the floor and squared its shoulders like a bull preparing to charge, the King of the Underworld made no move to dissuade him. It was only when the titan set his feet to the floor and began to hurtle forward that Hades moved at all, and again, only to take that measured step forward as though he meant to meet the assault directly. Which he did - in a manner of speaking. As the behemoth neared the dais, the God of the Dead reached out with his will and pressed it upon the figure. Like the sky itself it descended, an invisible fist that pushed Magnan toward the earth; first his shield, whose edge cut into the floor like an oversized plough, followed by the titan himself. Hades pressed until he could feel the rattling atoms that made up Magnan's being begin to creak under the pressure, then held him there.

"You forget yourself, Sparti." The God of the Dead lifted his chin, glaring down at Magnan with yellow eyes that flickered as though lit from behind. "You forget against whom you stand. I see you, hidden away behind your shield and your armour. More than anyone here, you are of my domain, and I will brook no insubordination from an upstart shade in a metal coat." Hades stalked forward until he reached the edge of the platform, crouching on the balls of his feet in order to look the giant in the eye and pitching his voice for the two of them alone. "You have a fierce will, dead thing. It pleases me in one of my own. But test me, and I will make you watch as they pay the price for your defiance."

The King of the Underworld lingered a moment longer, giving Magnan more than enough time to grasp the full scope of his promise before standing and moving unhurriedly back to his original position, whereupon he released his hold on the giant.
"This one," the god said, eyes still on the behemoth. "Will declare for Zeus."
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:48 am

"This one will declare for Zeus."

The words had hardly left the god's lips before another firearm rang out. One of those weaker mortals had jumped to the tabletop and drawn an ornate firearm. Who knew what these ancient gods knew of such weapons, but this one was ornate and finely balanced, unlike the glorified cannon the other one had used, and she darted across the surface of the table with a grace that didn't even disturb the plates she passed over, all while the gun fired several follow-up shots in the mortal's attempt to provide cover fire for the halted knight.

But there would be something strange about those shots, something familiar to those gods. That pistol was an artifact crafted by one of their own.

"Don't think you can intimidate others by threatening us!" the woman shouted as she darted forward. "If you think we're any less willing to fight the good fight, you didn't do your research!"

Meanwhile, back at the chairs, the man with the pince-nez glasses simply smirked, lowering his head as he deftly reloaded the expended shell in his revolver. "Well, now, this isn't how I had planned it to play out, but this looks to soon be fun all the same."

Ares [Darkblade]
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Necromancer

Post by Ares [Darkblade] » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:07 am

Darkblade rolled his eyes, it would seem this was going to be headache. He plopped Ares onto his shoulder again, getting a rather indignant look for that action. Then he drew his blade, it was time to assert some semblance that there were still rules to be obeyed.

“Enough of this!”

His voice roaring, the chibi Ares covering their ears. As Darkblade rested his blade’s tip against the ground. He rather have this be as relaxed as possible, a war with the gods within the sanctum would be a git to clean up after. Considering his comrades were said gods, and unlikely to lend a helping hand. He had to ponder just which of the fates did he annoy to end up in this situation?

“Nobody is going to be fighting the gods, they’ve made it perfectly clear what that brings about.”

He cracked his neck, why did it always feel stiff before he had to do something a tad serious? Well if he knew that, he’d probably save a fortune on neck surgery later in life. But right now there was a situation to be diffused, and unfortunately he was the only one of his comrades not possessed to deal with it. He dreaded to think what would’ve happened had it been only chibi left free to act.

“If you don’t like that, you’ll certainly not like my response to further acts to instigate conflict within the Ark.”

He left the implications to the imagination, while he wasn’t exactly happy with the Gods taking bodies of the others and chibi. It was in their best interests to let the Gods play their games, least risk to get things back to normal.

“I knew I wanted you for a reason!”

Ares was pleased at the display, if a bit irked that he was playing the role of a shoulder ornament for it. These mortals needed to be reminders of their place, and this one knew that too. Though he probably should’ve pulled an Uncle Hades, and show just how great the god of war was. There was plenty of time for the mortals to learn just how great he was, though chibi’s will had to again mar his divine continuance.

“Mehmoo!”

Athena [Georgeanna]
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Thief

Post by Athena [Georgeanna] » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:23 am

Clapping rang out amongst the chaos and shouting, the war goddess thoroughly amused by the mortals and the unexpected outburst from her brother. Mehmoo, indeed. It had crossed Athena’s mind to make the bullets disappear, but she wasn’t particularly concerned. The gods knew how to take care of themselves. All the same, with a lazy flick of her hand, she rendered the gun useless for any further assassination attempts.

“You mortals and your little weapons. But ah, this one is different, isn’t it,” she said striding forward, and taking a closer look at the gun. “Cute.” Imposing her will upon Adri, she held the woman in place and snatched the firearm from her hand.

“Yes, very interesting. How did you steal this? Or earn it? I suppose I don’t particularly care. Truly a good effort, though. Courage is always appreciated, by me at least,” she continued, placing the weapon back next to Adri. “I wouldn’t try it again though, there are those who won’t be nearly as…patient.”

Pivoting on her heel, she moved towards the food and found a piece of fruit that looked too enticing to pass up. Tossing it in her palm, she turned back to Adri once more, leaning against the table. “I’m going to let you go now, but any further dissent won’t be taken as lightly. So please, show some measure of self-control and behave.” With that she released Adri, continuing to toss the fruit with an amused expression.

BrookeDi
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Class: Rogue

Post by BrookeDi » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:49 am

Joint Post
Georgeanna and Brooke

You embarrassed me, Georgie, and we’re barely avoiding a rebellion here. I have trouble with your form, but if you cause a show like you did at the beginning of the procession, I might just steal your vessel for myself and smite you from existence entirely.

G didn’t so much as flinch. It was all flash and bang, the threat holding no substance. She would’ve smiled, if she could, knowing that she had irritated the goddess so much. It was just a dull glow after all and granted, she hadn’t really known what she was doing when she tried to control the little orb still residing in her body’s chest, but for a brief moment, G had felt the power of a goddess, the light consuming her in its radiance. Just as quickly, though, she was kicked away and the orb hidden away from her. She had pouted during all of Athena’s boring speeches, giving only slight effort to keep Athena corporeal. It wasn’t until Adri had made a spectacle of herself that she started paying attention again, but all too soon the excitement was over again and Athena was...doing what? Flipping a fruit in the air? Why?

But then, looking out as only a spectator, she noticed a familiar face. It had been a while, too long really, but she’d know that face anywhere.

HUMAN EMBER.

Athena shifted uncomfortably, still trying to maintain her composure. “Silence,” she said under her breath.

Human Ember must be on our team….or I will let go completely. G let her control slip purposefully, Athena struggling to make up the slack.

Okay, okay.

“Human Ember will join team, Zeus. All those opposed can hold their peace, for I care not.”

Ember didn’t have the energy left in her to be confused. The constant surge of emotions from those around her was dominating everything in her, not to mention those vaguely familiar faces on the platform announcing themselves as gods. The lawyer thoughts drifted to that one trial in Athens, and decided that this was not some in character acting on the parts of the Ark Staff; the weight of several god’s emotions weighed on her shoulders. She did manage a quiet chuckle as she recalled a movie she watched as a kid, the scene popping into her mind as Hades introduced himself.

Zeus: So, Hades, you finally made it. How are things in the underworld?

Hades: Well, they're just fine. You know, a little dark, a little gloomy. And, as always, hey, full of dead people. What are you gonna do?

Once she'd moved past that slight giggle fit, she tried to calm those nearest to her, but there was too much conflicting emotion for her to have much success beyond the people on either side of her.

At the mention of a competition, Ember glanced down at her attire--a pinstripe pencil skirt coupled with a white button-down blouse tucked into her skirt, her matching pinstripe jacket still clutched in her arms, black pumps adorned her feet--she was not dressed for competition. She considered this, and bent to slip off her shoes until she could find a moment to change into something more appropriate. When she was upright again, she saw a metal giant--the Iron Giant--rush at the gods, and she sighed. They all stood a better chance of surviving if they just went through with it all, at the very least if they planned ahead any attacks rather than steamrolling head on. She shook her head, content to blend into the background when she heard a familiar voice call her name. There was only one person who ever called her Human Ember. She sighed, affectionately, and took a closer look at the woman claiming to be Athena. She could see the edges of her form turning into a familiar mist and Ember smiled, but it quickly fell as she remembered that G was not herself right now. Narrowing her eyes, she nodded. “Okay, but I do not run.”

I pledge for Zeus
Photo by David Moum on Unsplash

Glassdoor
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Glassdoor » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:25 am

The gods' appearance and speech shook Lester to the brim, completely tearing him out of megahangover's claws and finally allowing the Remedy to work its magic. The Librarian listened carefully, not wanting to lose even a bit of vital information, his curiosity rising with every word from the deites' monologue. The real shock, however, hit him when the words "The portals will not open for you, those of you who travel by your own means will find yourselves unable to leave" reached his ears. Feeling the panic rising within him, he forced himself to wait until the Collective Olympics have been officially announced, and only then he tried to reach the Library. His mouth worded a silent 'no'. He tried again. And then again, and again, and again. He closed his eyes and counted to ten, trying his earnest not to lose his head. He could not lose access to the Library for that long, not at Summer Solstice. He needed to negotiate.

As he tried to raise his hand and ask for the right to speak, the armor-clad undead newcomer rose from his seat, declared a short speech about the present deities being bullies and charged at them, only to be crushed by the one claiming to be the Lord of the Dead. After that display of power, Lester was very keen on believing that. He once again tried to speak up, but was once again interrupted, this time by a gunshot. He waited patiently for everything to calm down, and he tried for the last time.

"Er, excuse me, oh almighty deities, I wanted to inquire about that 'no transport' rule. Could you, perhaps, make a small exception? You see, I'm a caretaker of a certain place, and have sworn an oath to be there at certain... Times of year. That, and without that place I am severely handicapped and thus won't be able to give all I can to my team during the Olympics. I'm sure none of the present folk would want that. I only need access to that place, nowhere else. I can swear not to go anywhere else... Er, that is, if an oath from a Lib- I meant, from a caretaker means anything to you."

Ruler_of_Wolves
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Werebeast

Post by Ruler_of_Wolves » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:20 am

Val stumbled onto the Ark by complete accident; she was heading to the to the kitchen for a glass of water when a colorful swirling portal appeared in her doorway. She walked right into it, half asleep and completely unaware of her surroundings.

She made her way down a dim corridor, bare feet slapping against the cool stone floor. Where are the stairs? Val questioned idly, feeling the smooth wall for a light switch. She searched the wall with her hand for a good minute or two before giving up. It was then that her mind began to question things. Don’t I have wooden floors? Before she could question further all of her senses became disoriented and for a brief second she felt as if she was afloat. Then they returned and were flooded with sensory information.

It took a second before the information began to register. The first thing she noticed was the smell, the overwhelming smell of food, meats, fresh fruits, and even sugar. Then her eyes adjusted and everything else followed; she was sitting at a banquet table full of enough food to feed her for months. Her mouth began to water, and she had wipe away drool that was escaping it. Where was she? She glanced around at all the unfamiliar faces. Still not fully awake, Val assumed she must still be dreaming. “Wow, you’ve outdone yourself this time!” She told herself as she glanced around the impressive courtyard and the landscape beyond that. With a mental pat on the back, Val began to feast. After eating tv diners for a month, the food was beyond heavenly. It was only when the Gods spoke did she stop gorging herself.

She froze, half a drumstick in her mouth, as the Gods declared themselves and their ambitions. It was then that the slow realization that this was not a dream began to rise within her. Everything was all too real, and the Gods emitted a familiar power. The Power of Gods, the power of the almighty, a dangerous power. Then a couple of the fellow banquet guests began to lash out, a giant warrior and a sharpshooter. Val suddenly felt the urge to join them, she stood up from her chair, chicken thigh falling out of her mouth, and chose a creature. Yes a roc would do nicely...but then she felt a wave of calm wash over her, and the better part of her mind told her to stop. This wasn’t her fight, she didn’t even know where she was. And besides, how could she beat multiple Gods? She looked at her reflection in her silver goblet. Her hair was a tangled mess, her eyes weren’t even fully open, and she was still wearing her onesie pajamas. Yes, she was not equipped to challenge Gods.
"What you look like on the outside is not what makes you cool at all. I mean, I had a mullet and wore parachute pants for a long, long time, and I'm doin' okay."

-Ellen DeGeneres

Lumeus
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Mage

Post by Lumeus » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:53 am

“I offer you an alternative course for consideration,” came a calm but resonant voice from among the Collective.

When the Sanctum had fallen to darkness Lumeus had still more or less been able to see what was transpiring. Perks of being able to view the entire electromagnetic spectrum. He had watched as the cave texture was stripped away and the Sanctum returned to a blank canvas awaiting inspiration. What followed was a mass transportation so seamless Lumeus wondered if the Ark had simply removed the space between the Collective members instead of dealing with the hassle of circumventing individual abilities that prevented forced teleportation.

When light returned to reveal the Sanctum’s new skin, Lumeus wondered at the grecian scenery, a bit more subdued in grandeur than last time, perhaps, but still beautiful. The craft services were particularly splendid.

He watched on in careful silence when the Collective Staff paraded into the Sanctum. The changes in appearance, though drastic in some cases, weren’t uncommon, even expected, but they didn’t move right. Their demeanor had changed.

Lumeus appreciated that he did not have to wait long to learn the cause. Sammy/Hera’s speech was informative, but in need of a point. The reason behind the games remained unknown. They were, however, gracious enough to make introductions. Lumeus patiently listened to them all and made note of who was who.

Sara, Forgies, Georgienna, Dick, and, well… that was was basically just Chibi.

It was interesting how relatively few were present. Taking over the leadership was tactics, but where were the others: Apollo, Artemis, Hermes, Hephaestus, the numerous minor gods?

It seemed Lumeus had dodged the proverbial bullet when deciding to step down from his position in the Staff, though possession didn’t really work in his case. The deities might be able to take over the body Lumeus had created, true, but he was not tethered to it. Making another form to inhabit was easy enough.

Lumeus watched his fellow Collective members immediately put up resistance and hoped that if the real staff members still retained some way of observing that they would be proud. No hesitation, even in the face of divinity.

With his peers watching, how could Lumeus do any less?

Still seated at the long table, Lumeus adjusted himself so that he faced the Pantheon peacocking up on the dias.

“My offer is this: vacate those bodies and depart from the Ark in peace.” Lumeus gave them a pleasant smile.

“Or, after your games here have concluded, it will be my turn.” The celestial bodies in Lumeus’ eyes burned white.

“I will travel to every planet, every reality, every plane of existence you have ever touched upon, and I will obliterate you.” Lumeus reached over and picked a perfectly seasoned grape from the vine that picturesquely hung over the side of the table. He popped the grape into his mouth, savored it, and continued in a voice as smooth as mercury.

“Your temples I will grind to dust. All those that worship and pay you tribute will be culled from the living. Every book, scroll, tome, text, painting, carving, statue, sonnet, fable, piece of pottery, or woven raiment that remotely resembles your likeness will be so thoroughly eradicated from time that history will remember Greece as a culture of godless heathens.”

Lumeus’ expression was almost one of pity.

“Those fool enough to carry on your myth in tale or song will have their tongues torn out and the eyes plucked from their skulls. I will move the heavens themselves until every constellation ever associated with Greek mythology resembles a human penis, so that the universe may see you for the cocks you are.”

Lumeus leaned back against the table with his hands folded in his lap, letting his words hang in the air for just a second before holding up a finger with an afterthought.

“Also, if you happen to know where Sheep is, could you let him know he is thought of fondly and dearly missed?”

Moccasin
Scout
Scout

Post by Moccasin » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:21 pm

In the midst of patrolling the Ark for whoever caused that regrettable shake in her quarters, MOQ happened upon a strange fault. She scarcely had time to scream when the floor cracked beneath her like a giant coconut and transported her through the rabbit hole and into a seat at the table.

Several things about the Greco-Roman banquet aroused her suspicion. One, there was no brisket, and every Sanctum party needed brisket. Two, no Collectivite couldn’t have made those cakes if they imagined them out of thin air. And three, the architecture was extremely federal and let’s be real, in this political climate, what normal being wants their table setting looking like the White House?

That last point she kept to herself of course. The last time MOQ aired her expert opinion on the tablecloth, Rick threw a fit and threatened to throw her out of the Crimson; after a bunch of Greek gods appeared, she felt it doubly necessary to keep the peace.

Other members thought it necessary to wield their weapons and generally cause havoc, but that’s none of my business.

An entertainer to the core, MOQ decided it was best to put away her swords. She studied the gods’ movements, noting their intentions and shuddering silently at their use of force and clever comebacks. She admired her colleagues’ valiant efforts to persuade the gods to leave them be, but it was clear that they weren’t going anywhere. If the myths were right, hubris would lead to certain destruction. Even if they managed to vanquish the gods, how many would be lost in the battle? Even Lumeus’s great power couldn’t stop the immediate consequences of picking a fight with a pantheon.

“Enough with the threats and violence!” MOQ stood up on the table, addressing the members of Collective with a steady gaze. “They have made their intentions clear. If we don’t resist, all of us can make it out of this unharmed. If we do, even with our combined powers, people could get seriously hurt, or worse.”

“Even if you don’t care if you die, or dying honorably or whatever is your thing, other people will be affected by your actions. I mean, how would you feel if you were Sammy, or Forge, stuck inside them boys like stuffed peppers, and after the battle is done and the day is saved, you come back to one, two, 10 people dead. That is not something I am willing to risk.”

MOQ stepped down from the table, and after a moment of hesitation, she stood before the gods. Her face was wet with tears, but she scarcely noticed them fall.

“Gods of Olympus. I have to admit, you’re pretty terrifying. In a good way, of course.” MOQ chuckled half-heartedly, before clearing her throat. “If you would allow me to introduce myself. My name is Orthemis, but my friends call me MOQ. I am what some might call an entertainer.” Cue sparkles and a twirl. Groans from the dissenters. “I will participate in your games. Do with me what pleases you. I trust you will not harm my friends.”

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:46 pm

Darkblade gave his speech while Athena kept Adri paralyzed, and though her face was frozen, her mind was free to reason. Darkblade did not cross her as the type of person who would make a decision out of fear, so perhaps this was something the self-appointed staff of this place had agreed to after all. Well, that didn't mean she had to like it.

When Athena (whose mortal host she couldn't say she knew, she was horribly infrequent to this place, and had only really had that one exchange with Darkblade when the Sanctum was a bar) dropped her and her weapon, despite the so-called goddess' words, she picked the weapon up and immediately leveled it again. There was a long moment where it might seem she would start shooting again, and the nature of the weapon was certainly far outside of Athena's domain to actually disable, or really alter or inhibit in any way whatsoever. Even gods, or at least ones such as these, had limits.

But the moment passed and she raised from her shooter's crouch as she holstered the weapon at her hip. "Fine," she declared, and pointed at Athena. "I'm joining her team, then." Ninmast turned to look at the lot of them as a whole. "But if you lot can get it around your egos, do yourself a favor and remember that we aren't cowed. You are our guests, not our wardens, and you remain by our Collective good graces." She thumbed toward the general location of where an exit would be at the opposite end of the court from the thrones. "Forget that, and you'll be out on your pretty lilies before the door can hit you." She went to walk back toward her seat, but as she did, she spoke to Athena one more time. "And if you try to jack with my body one more time, I'll shoot you before I let you violate me again, administration go hang."

And as she went back, she addressed MOQ, as well. "Fairly sure we haven't met, but a word of advice for future reference: If you're afraid to fight, fine, it's not for everyone, no harm done. But don't you dare demand everyone else sacrifice their own moral sense just so you're not the lone coward. No one has that right." And she headed back to her seat.

"Well, unlike that one," the man with the pince-nez that no one here had encountered before today took that time to put in, "I think this all sounds like some great fun, and I do love a little chaos." Like a reflexive tick, he wetted his lips with his tongue, and Ares might have almost thought he had given Chibi a glance at the same time. Probably a very unnerving moment. "But if she's joining Team Zeus, then I'll join Team Poseidon; since I'm stuck here anyway, I might as well participate, and I refuse to be on the same team as her."

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer
Location: In the secret Legion Headquarters of Doom-Inducing Flamboyance

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:27 pm

Omega L casually looked at the presentation of the pantheon, not caring about the actions of the other Collectivites for now as he listens to their intentions, trying his best not to laugh at the chibi Ares which is a thing he never expected. After the presentation, he claps lightly and nods at their will, even Omega himself has difficulty squaring off with deities in the past, especially those in his originating world that ended up making alliances with him.

And about the Olympics, there is only one problem that he must face for now, and that problem is team selection. If he can't pick a team, all he can do for now is to let a team pick him. Afterall, he does not really have any good attachment to other fellow Collectivites yet.
The Ex Legion: A squad of underlings under one mind.

Andromeda
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Pirate

Post by Andromeda » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:58 pm

Though she'd point the finger at just about anyone else if questioned, Andy had screamed like a little girl when The Sanctum had gone all black-out mode on them. Normally it wouldn't have been an issue, being one that could channel the celestial energy of the stars themselves but once again she was running frightfully low on CE and a powercut didn't quite constitute enough of an emergency for her to waste her remaining reserves, particularly when she wasn't sure how long she could feasibly run without them. As everything else had unfolded, she had simply reclined in her chair at the table, balancing precariously its two back legs and helped herself to the feast, all the while wondering why she always had just the worst luck and timing. Trust her to pop her head into this weird place just as the shit really hit the proverbial.

The Gods demands seemed pretty reasonable as far as kidnapping demands went. Play nice and we don't start executing the squishies. Pretty standard, really. Andy would take playing some games every day if it kept her in one piece, as far as scrapes went, this one barely even registered on her radar. Of course, she was used to doing whatever it took to survive. It became immediately apparent that there was those in the room with enough power that they'd never had to negotiate, buckle down or ride out a storm for the sake of making it through a shit patch. She bit her tongue through the first few ill-considered outbursts, best to keep a low profile and not draw too much attention to herself, but as Lumeus' speech progressed, she felt the hairs on her arms start to rise. The flipping Gods weren't going to stand for this defiance much longer without starting to make true on their promises and Andy didn't much fancy being sacrifice number one.

As he reached the end of his speech, Andromeda clapped deliberately slowly, giving him what could only be described as her best unimpressed face. She kept her thoughts to herself, nodding along with MOQ as she preached sense and then launched into a diatribe of her own.

"Why is the pop princess the only one of you making any damn sense?" She asked, glancing briefly at Adri and the corpse man that Hades had dropped like a rock before turning her attention to Lumeus. "Honestly, the theatrics were fantastic and the delivery? First class. But... as one of those here who any one of those very impressive godly types," she gave the gathered beings atop the dais her very best humble nod of respect, "...Could easily snuff out, I’d just like to say, please shut the fuck up, sit the fuck down and have a lamb kebab, they're delicious. I can't speak for every worried face at the table, but I ain't going to give two hoots what you do to them Godly types or their pets once I'm brown bread. Judge all you want," she held her hands up in front of her. "But falling in line behind a few Gods for a couple o' weeks seems a fair trade for my life and the lives of all those here if y'ask me. They want you to show off your skills, not murder puppies and disembowel kiddies so suck it up and stop pretending your ego is your honour. Your dick ain't gonna shrink if you listen to 'em. Surprised y'not all clambering over yourself to prove who has the baddest ass."

With that, she turned her attention to Hera and the others, once again inclining her head respectfully. "I ain't exactly at my strongest but I pledge myself to whichever team will have me, one of you who could give me a little power boost would be ideal but I trust your mighty judgement," she cast a sidelong glance at Lumeus. "As for him, can we vote to have him stuffed in some pocket realm somewhere so he and his ego can't get anyone killed? Least the others knew when they were beat."

She couldn't risk siphoning one of these beings, however tempting those auras of power but maybe, if she played ball and none of this ijits got her killed, they'd simply give her what she wanted. That's what a boon meant, right? And if not? Well, unlike some, Andromeda was smart enough to bide her time and keep her cards nice and close to her chest.
Last edited by Andromeda on Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GamerScribe
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by GamerScribe » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:03 pm

"And lo did the world outside of all worlds shake, and the firmament and foundation were rocked and in places rent as a force both mighty and mysterious heralded forth a time of great trial." The words spilled forth from the Scribe's mouth like prophecy and he gritted his teeth upon the completion of their speaking. Something was very wrong in the Sanctum. He had spent a lot of time there the past and future few years; falling back to the unstable space as a sort of haven when trouble came calling that he didn't want to face. It was, for him, a home away from home.

So much so that he had pleaded with it for a room of his own some time ago, and had been joyous to find it fit his requests precisely. A two-tiered study, simple and quiet; full of books and art and knick-knacks from his world travels. Once upon a time. Now it was filled with ruin and disarray and shards of broken glass and dented metal and indeterminate other.

The Scribe himself lie on his back, with one leg pinned beneath an overturned desk and his arms tucked tight as he clutched to his chest a sheathed knife which had previously held a spot of prominence on a dais near the center of the room and which he had managed to protect from the sudden shaking. Actually, which he had flailed so hard to protect that he had in turn knocked over more of his possessions than the initial quake and managed to flip tail over teakettle over his table and flip it in turn up onto himself.

Why did i just say that? He thought to himself, eyes blinking blearily in the midst of an expression that was equal parts excitement and confusion.

Well of course because that is to be the first line of a grand new story. We need only to find the main character. The logic that his thoughts funneled back to him was flawless, and whilst his inspiration didn't usually manifest from his mouth without his willing it so the event wasn't entirely unheard of. Brushing himself off he set the knife down on the floor with a gentle reverence before turning to look at the state of his study...

And finding that what he instead saw was a sprawling span of rolling grass-covered hills which seemed to stretch into the horizon. He also found that rather than lying down he was now sitting up in a chair he was almost certain hadn't been there moments before and upon turning his head back to a forward facing direction was greeted with the sight of a feast that caused his mouth to water. What was all this? A party, or a gathering, or a meeting of some sort, clearly and yet why go to the length of summoning them together instead of simply sending out a message? The approach was rude and forceful compared to the usual actions of at least the fraction of those in charge who he knew well or in passing. Yet here they were all together. All... That was more disturbing still. What was so important that everyone would be summoned? Was it to do with the recent seismic event? If so they had certainly responded swiftly. He hadn't even managed to stand up yet.

He tilted his head this way and that in search of the arbitrator or arbitrators of this little get-together and his gaze was drawn to Sammy as she announced herself to the assembly. She looked different... not that such a thing was uncommon here; he himself had appeared in at least six different forms since he'd first begun to visit. But this wasn't just regular different... this was different and familiar in a way that made The Scribe's stomach give a lurch and his heart begin to flutter ever so slightly faster. It wasn't the bodily alterations that made an impact. It was the way she carried herself, the way she dressed. It was...
Hera |Sammy| wrote:“I am Hera, Queen of Olympus and of the Gods,”
Oh... Oh no. This was far from good.
Hera |Sammy| wrote:“You will be split equally between two teams, one will have Zeus as their patron and, the other, Poseidon,”
Unpleasant... Very. People were going to rebel, and there was little a deity enjoyed more than quashing a rebellion. They all needed to sit down, shut up, and wait for a moment to handle things quietly and immediately. There were people here who wouldn't survive an open clash. A fight was trouble. Then again... so were games. But if this was the way the plot was heading perhaps he should simply side with Poseidon and get over with it? Zeus, or at least the Zeus he had known, didn't much care for him.
Hades |Forge| wrote:"Hades,"
Bad. Hades was probably one of the best gods the Greeks had to offer, but still... He was a Chthonic deity and they always seemed to find themselves uncomfortable around him. Perhaps it was the fact he was living, dead, immportal and unborn all at once. Perhaps it was the fact his 'soul' couldn't be plucked and either tormented or deposited neatly into an afterworld. Perhaps it was just bad luck, but he always seemed to make gods of Death uneasy, and most uneasy gods become angry gods quickly. Yet another reason to shy away from 'Team Zeus'. If he didn't get near Hades, Hades would have no reason to become upset with him... probably. But even so... Forge had been subsumed by the lord of the underworld. A fire of protest was alight in The Scribe's mind. If he had time he would figure out a way to free his old friend, and the others as well. Just... from a position a ways away from him, preferably.
Ares |Darkblade| wrote:“I am War! I am Strife! I am the child of Zeus! I the son of Hera! I am Ares!"
Ares and Poseidon. Okay... okay. So far this was definitely looking like the team for him. He had rarely interacted with Poseidon or Ares. And certainly been no trouble for either. Hell, as a former soldier perhaps he could provide Ares a simple offering and try and get himself a position on the team that would go unnoticed. Like waterboy... or the backup's substitute's backup fourth relay runner; considering the amount of people with powers or bodies that made them quick certainly there was next to no chance he'd be called on in such case. He could be fine playing for micro-Ares... probably. Just try not to look at him in that state...
Athena |Georgeanna| wrote:“I am the goddess of war and wisdom, Athena:"
Athena being on Team Zeus meant they would have the upper hand, more than likely, but that was fine. This was a story that he REALLY did not want anything more than a bit part in.

In point of fact; he wanted no part in it and had been attempting to teleport out since first hearing Hera's name to no effect. He internally recited a series of swears in thirteen different languages that would have made the most vulgar mortal's features turn eternally red.
Dionysus |Rick| wrote:”Behold, new friends, I am Dionysus,"
the Scribe went deaf. Or at least it very much felt as though he did. His senses were staggered by the shock, fear and pain that hearing Dionysus speak caused him. His heart pounded, his eyes bulged and he fought not to let the strangled whimper of concern escape his lips. Dionysus was here. Among all these big-name players they couldn't have thrown in Apollo, who had always been polite to him, or Demeter bless her heart. No. They had brought in the one god not of his birth-realm who he was actually scared of. The entire reason that The Scribe had first left not only the Greece in which he had spent several centuries building a home for himself, but the chain of realities most closely tied to the realm in which that version of Greece had existed.

It was a nightmare. Specifically one of his oldest and most vivid nightmares. One he'd had off and on since he had first left. One that made his skin crawl, his throat constrict and his bile rise. Damned Hera hadn't entered the room alone, oh no. That would have been bad enough. Would have made him fidget and worry and loathe himself. Would have called up bad memories and worse emotions. He had fled universes for less in-your-face encounters with the Grecian divinities before. But things were worse. But of course, for when these callow and bullying gods came out to play they could never do so alone. They were so incestuously tied to one another's affairs that one could scarcely tell where one of their plots and manipulations ended and another's began. Because why ruin a single mortal's life when you could bicker with your insanely powerful family over said mortal and ruin their life as well as the lives of all their friends and loved ones? Why allow your counterparts to enjoy themselves when you could watch cities burn for your entertainment simply to snuff out the joy of your kin? Why come alone when you could bring other Gods. When you could bring HIM.

These aren't the Greek Gods you know. They are counterparts, alternates, shades. They don't know you. Breathe. Sound advice, but not encouraging. He had met several iterations of the Greek Gods, and eventually things took a turn. After all; they were all myths. And if they were around long enough his story would try and fit itself into the canon of their mythos. How long did he have? In the Realm of the Starlit Hollow it had taken only three days for that reality's iteration of Zeus to know who he was and that he hated him. In the Realm of the Platinum Sun it had taken what... six months before the muses started to weep upon seeing him without understanding the reasoning? And another year or so before they started to have memories which actually belonged to the version of theirselves which he had known. These Gods were inhabiting others... That should provide insulation. Should prevent it/ Slow it, at least. If they didn't stay beyond the season's end, then perhaps things wouldn't take a turn for the worst...

Just join the games, look for an opening to get everyone out of this... or just yourself. A cowardly thought. Rare, for him. And yet there it was.
Lumeus wrote:“Your temples I will grind to dust. All those that worship and pay you tribute will be culled from the living. Every book, scroll, tome, text, painting, carving, statue, sonnet, fable, piece of pottery, or woven raiment that remotely resembles your likeness will be so thoroughly eradicated from time that history will remember Greece as a culture of godless heathens.”
And there was another... Another flicker of cowardice as Lumeus' words inspired an urge to run. A shiver of fear passed through The Scribe as Lumeus recited piece by piece the one way by which he believed he himself could be unmade from existence. Well; save for the last step, of course. The missing piece of the puzzle. Nevertheless it made him even more uncomfortable than he already was if such a thing were possible.
Moccasin wrote:“They have made their intentions clear. If we don’t resist, all of us can make it out of this unharmed. If we do, even with our combined powers, people could get seriously hurt, or worse. Even if you don’t care if you die, or dying honorably or whatever is your thing, other people will be affected by your actions. I mean, how would you feel if you were Sammy, or Forge, stuck inside them boys like stuffed peppers, and after the battle is done and the day is saved, you come back to one, two, 10 people dead. That is not something I am willing to risk.”
Andromeda wrote:But... as one of those here who any one of those very impressive godly types ...Could easily snuff out, I’d just like to say, please shut the fuck up, sit the fuck down and have a lamb kebab, they're delicious.
People fumed, raged, riled, struck, bartered and bowed to the assemblage of deities with such haste and cacophony that the Scribe hoped he would be all but lost in it as he managed to choke out a few pained sentences;

"Please, people... MOQ and Andromeda are right... Every time you threaten the Gods, you threaten them and everyone here who can't stand up to the Divine. So everyone just... be civil." Whispers, barely whispers, as he could manage little more without the tremble of terror lilting his speech. He was sure his message was meaningful, but doubted it would have the impact he wanted it to with such little presence behind it. Still; he had tried. And further still there was one more thing which had to be said.

"I wish to join the side of Zeus." There was a lot on Team Zeus he didn't want to deal with, but he couldn't for a moment imagine siding with Dionysus, or even being near him.
Image Signature by Sammy, Team Zeus Icon by Forge, Avatar by MiseryGK