It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

Scheduled Maintenance
06 Nov, 11:30pm MST - 07 Nov, 11:30pm MST
You may experience minor interruptions, but the site will remain active!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[IC] The RPC Olympics

The home of the Collective and its accumulated knowledge regarding the multiverse. The Ark contains profiles of all personas, characters, and worlds known to The Collective as well the records of its history and continuing story.

Moderators: Forge, Sammy

The Game Master
RPGC Official GM
RPGC Official GM
Class: Pirate

The Final Standings

Post by The Game Master » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 pm

Round 3 Ends

A final, desperate effort from our competitors to snatch victory. I love it when the Collective competes for my amusement glory.

Darkblade continues on at a steady pace, and despite picking up a blight manages an impressively creative solution to Ares' short legs.

Alexander returns to normal running speed (for a birdman), but manages to keep his spirits up with a song and a defensive boon that ensures he won't be under attack any time soon.

Dionysus/Rick embodies his chaotic nature in this round, picking up a blight before swiftly losing it, and then finding his good fortune reversed at the hands of Nay. His impromptu performance leaves everyone thoroughly entertained, and the God of Ritual Madness a little further behind than before.

Ember carries on with the determined speed of a runner who hasn't antagonised any gods lately. She nets a blight, invalidating any boon used against her - thankfully her teammates are less than generous, and the pint-sized lawyer continues on unabated.

Magnan's steady grind-to-a-halt continues, but not before the armoured giant gives his teammates a hand (see what I did there?) in the form of a gargantuan projectile hurled at the front runners

Omega L has a supervillain moment, netting Poseidon's boon and using it to give Mocc something of a shock before continuing on his way with a maniacal cackle.

Scribe continues on at a steady pace, deprived of boons for the duration of the round. Not to be deterred, he does what any normal, rational individual would do in such a situation - electrocutes himself before hitching a ride on a flying chunk of metal via a magnet. It takes all types, doesn't it?

Nay, offered the choice between a speed boost and some revenge against Dionysus/Rick, does what any Collectivite would in the same situation - she shoots the god/mod combo down without hesitation. I love a bit of ruthlessness, don't you?

Lester sets his sights on the finish line, hurling a blight at his teammates with the utter lack of hesitation reserved for those determined to win. He suffers a minor setback in the form of Magnan's shield colliding with him at speed, but in a show of determination he gets back to his feet and resumed the sprint, gigantic metal impediment and all.

The final results!

In reverse order this time.

In 6th place;
It's Darius and Lumeus, out for a stroll together.
In 5th;
Let's give a big hand for Magnan - he certainly needs it.
In 4th;
It's Omega L, who's definitely laughing with and not at Dionysus/Rick
In 3rd;
With a timeshare on wearing the bronze medal, it's Forge/Hades, G/Athena, Nay, Adri and MOQ
In 2nd;
Embodying the word "collective", the silver medal goes to Ember, Alexander, Twist and Ares (minus one Darkblade)
Which means, in 1st place;
It's Scribe and Lester, the last minute advantage and impediment putting the front runners neck-and-neck as they cross the line.
The Final Standings;
1. Lester and Scribe
2. Ember, Alexander, Twist and Ares
3. Forge/Hades, G/Athena, Nay, Adri and MOQ
4. Omega L and Dionysus/Rick
5. Magnan
6. Darius and Lumeus

! Message from: The Game Master
And that's it. Thank you all for keeping me entertained taking part, Collectivites. I look forward to seeing how you've done in the rest of the competitions.