Word Hurdles - Deadline: 15th August
The Triathlon - Deadline: 18th August
The Relay - Deadline: 26th August
The Marathon - Deadline: 31st August

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Round 3 Ends: 20th August, 12 GMT

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[IC] The RPC Olympics

The home of the Collective and its accumulated knowledge regarding the multiverse. The Ark contains profiles of all personas, characters, and worlds known to The Collective as well the records of its history and continuing story.

Moderators: Hades [Forge], Hera [Sammy]

TwisterZaraku
Olympian
Olympian
Class: Warrior

Re: [IC] The RPC Olympics

Post by TwisterZaraku » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:38 pm

The Clown suddenly appeared! And he was in third place!

"What luck!" he said to himself in a clown-like voice. "This is within the top three places of where I wanted to wind up!"

He looked down and his legs were shaped like a lemniscate -- which is a fancy mathematical term for the infinity symbol -- which must have meant he was running fast. Really fast. Hyper fast.

"I'm not sure what I was doing before, but it clearly worked." Except in this new world, everyone called the PRIVATE CLOWN 'Twister'. He had no idea where the connection was being made.

"Guess I ought to do what I came to do," he said in a seriously cool voice, heavy instrumentals suddenly bursting in a cacophonous flurry to assist his fervor. "That shiny ball is calling to me." He knew not what the shiny ball was (it was the orb) nor why it called out to him (manifest destiny), but still he felt particularly drawn.... to the blue one.

"I feel particularly drawn to the blue one."

And so he went for it, but then it disappeared. Bummer.

"N-Nani?!" he exclaimed, his view suddenly turning to widescreen. Or whatever happens when the black bars show up and a dramatic lens appears.

"I thought I was supposed to have a super cool ability... but then it disappeared. It's as if someone gave me a power, realized they messed up, and gave me something less cool in its stead..."

The Clown looks at me. I shrug then point at the Game Master.

"Ah," the Clown said, suddenly understanding. "Do I at least get a consolation prize?" he pleaded to me. I remember the Game Master told me I can write in a shape-shifting dog, so suddenly that appears, as well. ImAgInAtIoN.

"Hot, damn! That's some creative writing, right there!" The dog, Private Dog, jumped up and licked the Clown. Which meant the dog was also running hyper fast. "Let's go for a different orb since our first one was a mistake!"

They do, but then someone steals it. Bummer.

"This blows!" the Clown cries. "Well I may not have gotten an orb, but at least I have you, Private Dog!

Then, quaking the earth and parting the seas, Alexander! The Birdman! Appeared! And glued himself to the back of the Clown! He grunted! He squirmed! He fought for his life! But still, the trickster-turned-avian kept his assault on the Clown!!

"Ahhhhh noooo I can't escape his arms are TOO. THIN. aaaarggghhh!!"

Will he escape?

Will he survive?

Tune in next time!
Ha-haaaaa! The story continues immediately!

The dog transforms into a banana, because let's face it, we all get hungry and the Clown was feeling those pangs. He peeled the banana... sensually... slowly. He learned every "inch" and "hard ridge" of that elongated piece of nature's candy... and he liked what he felt. An exposed banana is what was revealed afterwards. Nude. And in the raw.

"Yes..."

He ate it. M-m-m-m so tasty.

He got ready to toss the banana peel, but then savage winds caught it, and, in a miraculous turn of events, the peel landed... in front of him.

"N-NAAAANIIIII!??" But it was too late. No amount of nani's would save him now.

He stepped on it. Beneath the peel, the cries of a dog could be heard.

"Private Dog, noooooo!!!"

Private Dog's Soul Light began to dim... and once a Private Dog's Soul Light goes out... it goes out forever.

"I'm so sorry!! I didn't mean to!! I'm so sorry!!"

Then... Summoning the strength of all the previous Private Dog's before him, Private Dog went into his true form, Private First Class Dog. Sprouting from the sides of his soul, beautiful wings emerged and stretched to create the first galaxies. They were immaculate and pure -- just seeing them with your bare eyes could melt your whole body. It was incredible. Of course, this all happened inside.

Outside, he was a banana. And those wings were cool little rockets. And they pushed at speeds so fast even sound would go 'hoo-boy that's fast' if sound could talk.

Private First Class Dog and Private Clown and Birdman all sped away together.

"Yeah!! Yeah!!! Private Dog, Yeah!!!" The Clown cheered.

The End

...?
Team Poseidon

we made a Naruto story, cuz we're basic bitches awesum
Written by TwisterZaraku and Kiryuku
www.naruto-junishi.com

Ares [Darkblade]
Olympian
Olympian
Class: Necromancer

Post by Ares [Darkblade] » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:16 pm

Darkblade found the going easy enough, though seeing that the two he’d tried to delay both managed to basically avoid the divinely summoned chibis it wasn’t easy enough. Considering Dionysus managed to speed on past him, along with so many others, which only spurred him on. After all there was little to be gained from anything that wasn’t first place, he did after all have a reputation to maintain. But for the moment all he really could do was keep running, if only to keep himself ahead of the pack of bodies behind him.

“Come on! We’re losing! Can’t have that one bit!”

For all this yelling, Ares was doing as little as possible to contribute to their overall goal of winning this race. Which only proved that Chibi’s personality was definitely in there somewhere, as he was just as lazy. But as he grabbed his next orb, he noted it’s instructions and smirked.

“Ares, you’re about to start getting much faster.”

Ares wondered what that meant, till he was bopped on the head with the orb. Why this mortal was going to do this was beyond him, wouldn’t it make more sense to use it on someone who was actually running? But then the mortal’s plan became all too clear.

“This is beneath my dignity!”

Darkblade was enjoying the rest for his legs, as he sat on his recliner throne. It’s wheels spinning as it was dragged along by the speed boosted Ares. Darkblade didn’t exactly think it was a good idea to annoy the god inside chibi, but then he knew it would irritate Chibi more to know he was making him do some hard work for a change.

“Dignity means nothing old chap, if we lose. So run faster!”

So Ares ran, finding it odd how light his burden seemed to be. Though considering how weird this imp’s body was he certainly should’ve guessed size meant very little. Beyond reaching the top shelf, and eating food bigger than it’s abnormally sized head. Streaks for lightning sparked from it’s little form, as the power of his father pushed them even beyond the speed of the chibi’s fastest pace.

“Mehmoo!”

The_Legion_Ex
Olympian
Olympian
Location: In the secret Legion Headquarters of Doom-Inducing Flamboyance

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:17 am

Omega L continues running and abusing tailwinds to slowly get ahead of the ranks. He then finds another orb, deciding to do a smooth drift before touching the orb with a show of apparent respect.. And that seems to be a bit helpful. He received the ability to give some speed boosts to two people, a teammate and an opponent... Boon of Dionysus

He decided to spend five seconds to think on who to affect using his abilities while rapidly coursing through the area. He slowly inched further towards a contestant and noticed that Darius apparently needs some help. He carefully flung his newly-gained Boon of Dionysus half towards the teammate with supernatural strength and accuracy, hoping that a successful hit will improve the man's speed.

He then recognizes that an apparent opponent, namely Scribe. He allows Scribe to safely race near him, but continuously using tailwinds to prevent him from being too far until a turn is visible. That is when he waits for the target to attempt making a turn, before throwing the speed-boosting orb like a baseball as a 'token of fellowship', a description he made up. This use of the orb is intended to mess up Scribe's attempt to turn, either causing tripping or moving out of the track's border if he were successful.
The Ex Legion: A squad of underlings under one mind.

Athena [Georgeanna]
Olympian
Olympian
Class: Thief

Post by Athena [Georgeanna] » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:03 am

The goddess of war watched as her teammate was smacked out of the sky and winced. Perhaps the entertainer wasn’t as agile as she had previously thought. Hopefully, MOQ would recover quickly though, she still had a considerable place in the front of the race.

With every step, she felt G’s body strain to keep up and grumbled irritably about the limitations of mortal bodies. That was, she felt every push of muscle in her legs until she suddenly didn’t. Yelping in surprise, she looked down to see that her legs had taken on a ghostly quality, simply formed of mist. She flailed her arms, cursing loudly and expecting to fall, but her body stayed upright. Once she realized she was still moving forward safely, Athena tucked her arms back to her sides, cheeks flushing.

Why didn’t you do that sooner? she demanded, slightly embarrassed that she had reacted so dramatically. And next time, for fates’ sake, warn me!

You didn’t ask, G retorted, trying not to laugh. There was a lot the goddess didn’t know, and unluckily for her, G wasn’t entirely invested in helping her learn. But G did want to win, so, for now, she figured this might give them the slightest bit of help. Maybe it wouldn’t make a difference, but it was worth a shot (and worth seeing the immortal being panic like a child). The outline of her feet no longer quite touched the floor, blurry with shadow, but she moved forward speedily all the same.

Looking around Athena saw an orb crackling merrily not too far from where she was headed. Scooping it up, she felt the power dance around her fingertips. The Boon of Dionysus looked back up at her as she continued to move ahead. The boon separated in her hands, splitting into two smaller orbs. Cocking her head in confusion, she considered.

Despite the rude glare, she decided to throw one at Ember, an aura of power now radiating around the empath as the orb hit her. Ember blinked in surprise as she was filled with the power granted by the orb and she barely had a chance to look contrite before the boost propelled her forward.

Quickly turning to look behind her, the deity tossed the second orb at Legion, before turning forward. Zipping along the track she once again focused on the running, or floating now, as it were.

This line: “Ember blinked in surprise as she was filled with the power granted by the orb and she barely had a chance to look contrite before the boost propelled her forward.” was provided by BrookeDi

Fireynay
Olympian
Olympian
Class: Werebeast

Post by Fireynay » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:20 am

Nay tried not to let the chaos surrounding her cause any distractions. After using her last orb and noting that it hit MOQ she put it out of her mind and focussed on pushing ahead. One foot in front of the other. Breathing in and out. Her arms swinging in rhythm with her legs as they combined and propelled her forwards. She wasn't doing as badly as she feared she would, managing to at least keep up with the bulk of the group.

She spotted another orb up ahead and snatched it out of the air as she passed. Tingles once again raced up her arms but this time they felt a lot more jarring, a blight this time then. The blight of Hades to be exact. It meant she had to force a team mate to lose a boon and pick up another orb instead. Her mind immediately went back to The Sanctum and the horror she'd felt at being forced to sing in front of the entire gathered Collective and figuring that she could use this as a means of slight revenge she directed her blight towards Dionysus/Rick. She did hope that he could pick up another boon though, they were on the same team afterall.

As she continued to run, already anticipating the next and final orb, she suddenly felt herself moving faster. A smile graced her features, someone must have hit her with a speed boost. Unsure whether it had come from friend or foe, she thanked them mentally and pushed on as hard as she could, unsure as to exactly when her boost would wear off.
Thank you Forge for the amazing set!

The_Legion_Ex
Olympian
Olympian
Location: In the secret Legion Headquarters of Doom-Inducing Flamboyance

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:46 pm

Omega L is selected as a target by G for her boon of Dionysus.

Woah! Looks like another orb is flung towards him. Luckily, this orb appears to be the exact orbs that he threw. With his momentum, he casually lets the ball hit him, further boosting his already rapid speed and making it more difficult for Scribe to catch up, whether his running is impeded by the orb thrown towards him or not.
The Ex Legion: A squad of underlings under one mind.

Glassdoor
Olympian
Olympian

Post by Glassdoor » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:23 pm

Lester winced as he started slowly dropping to the ground, the boon clearly losing its effect. He landed right on another orb, and just as he was about to congratulate himslef both on his luck and on pushing ahead of the rest of the contestants, the words from the orb weaved into his mind.

Blight of Zeus
Boost the speed of one opponent for 10 seconds
"Zeus grants you a bolt of lightning - but lightning is as mercurial as the king of the gods himself, and not all thunderbolts hit their intended target."

Blight it was, then. Not ceasing to run, he looked behind him, trying to make out who'd have least advantage from bonus speed. It was then that he noticed a peculiar sight- the birdman, Alexander, wrapped tightly around the recently arrived member of Team Poseidon. Lester's team. A spark of interest lit inside his eyes (asides, of course, from literal sparks as usual surrounding his irises) as the Librarian directed the blight at Alexander.

As much as he'd love to stay and watch the effect of that experiment, he focused on what was important at the moment- staying ahead. He then remembered a peculiar spell, allowing the caster to use mana to temporarily increase one's physical prowess by quite a large percentage. The spell was costly, however, draining tons of mana for its duration. It was a sprint, however no point in saving strength. With that in mind, Lester cast Brinigan's Boost. Feeling mana pour into his muscles, he doubled the effort, running towards with speed even he was surprised with.
Last edited by Glassdoor on Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sea Lion224
Olympian
Olympian
Class: Adventurer

Post by Sea Lion224 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:03 am

"Whoa, whoa, easy there, fella. I won't hurt you," Alexander tried to reassure the clown with a soft pat on the shoulder. The birdman emitted a startled chirp when something hard hit him in his right shoulder. Immediately afterword, the aching in his legs resided , and the world went by in a blur...a speed boost! Slightly tightening his protective hold on the clown, he took off like a bullet from a gun, running faster than he ever had. Alexander laughed jubilantly, practically screaming, "Yahoo! Mamma Mia!"

TheGreenerGrey
Olympian
Olympian
Class: Warrior

Post by TheGreenerGrey » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:23 am

Magnan had barely begun the falter before the next blessing was placed upon him, or perhaps he should say blight? Either way, it was as if he was alive again, barely starting out on his crusade. His shield felt as if he was carting around a sack of bricks, and he could feel every inch of his armour as he began to slow, lumbering slowly and the gap increasing between him and the rest of the pack by a large margin.

He had known he was never going to win, but there was something mortifying about being even slower than he normally was, and watching your teammates and allies race on ahead. That being said however, there were other ways to contribute, and with a jubilant cry from behind him he found his next vict-lucky winner.

Not wasting any time, he plucks the supernaturally sped up Alex from where he had been almost blurring past the giant, tears his arm back and smoothly sends the bird man sailing into the air with her another thundering boom of displaced air. Feeling an odd urge to salute, Magnan focused on just trying to keep up, although at times he used his shield to try and break the flooring behind him, just in case.
The past doesn’t define who you are.
It just... gives you the starting point for who you’re going to be. -Carolina, RvB

GamerScribe
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

Post by GamerScribe » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:37 am

The cloak of the big cat begins to dissipate from it's conjured place on the Scribe's shoulders, lowering him back to a metered pace once more as the boon's power fades. Just as he begins to accommodate to the altered state's passing and brings himself to a sharp curve in the course he is hammered by another player's boon and the cloak re-appears... Dionysus' Boon this time, then. Lovely. He finds himself propelled uncontrollably forward off the edge of the course.

"Oh sh..." He manages before he thinks better of wasting his words and begins to recite words of power in a foreign tongue instead. The racer vanishes from sight for a moment beneath the track in the void of the empty and infinite space all around them.

And then a sound begins to sing out across the track, the echoing flutter of a thousand papers caught up in a windstorm. As viridian embers lightly lap across scattered pages they form themselves into a wide arc which snares around the track like coil or spring as the regent magics of the ancient tutelary spirit cast apart the numerous books filling his numerous pockets and re-arrange themselves into a roadway just for him.

The Scribe arcs off of the ramp upside down and flips out ahead of Omega L just as the other's second speed boost was taking effect. In essence getting to flash a gloating grin for only a moment as the individual who had attempted to hinder him suddenly surges ahead again. He'd have issues catching up with him... and they were nearing the end... but no reason to let that halt his own momentum. Focus on more important things, like those who he could give hindrance to.

With him falls a scattering of papers as his roadway follows him like the trail of a shooting star. Those sheets of script begin to shift in shape as he grabs another orb from the air, a Boon which removes boons, and casts his hand backwards; the paper begins to flake and crinkle and take on lovely autumn colors as the pages turn to leaves which waft gently into Chibi-Ares' face in order to slow him down and deny him the boost of speed he had gained.

"Apologies, lord Ares." He remarks as he continues to skate onward.

As a further injury to add to the insults he made a spiral gesture with his hands and the remaining pages which didn't impact ares began to coil into twisting spikes along the track; creating a hazard, but not an insurmountable one, for all those who would follow after. Now to try and figure out which of team Poseidon's competitors were still in the lead group who he could try and take out of the running in the final stretch...
Boon of Demeter
Remove a boon from the opponent of your choice
“Demeter brings you her wrath, and with it the power to wither the gift granted to one of your enemies.”
Image Signature by Sammy, Team Zeus Icon by Forge, Avatar by MiseryGK

The Game Master
RPGC Official GM
RPGC Official GM
Class: Pirate

Post by The Game Master » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:34 am

Round 2 Ends

Gods and Game Masters love ingenuity, and Round 2 offered it up in spades.

Ember powers on, largely unnoticed (and underestimated?) by her fellow competitors. Despite picking up a Blight she doesn't let herself get distracted, quickly directing the resulting speed boost at Nay - and a frosty glare at Athena - before getting on with the race. If the goddess is offended at all, she doesn't show it. Instead, after a brief fumble and the discovery of a new ability, she gives Ember one half of her Boon of Dionysus, before offloading the other on Legion.

Forge/Hades follows on in a similar fashion, moving along at a respectable pace and quickly disposing of a Blight. This time the target is Darius, who spends the first half of his new speed boost stuck to the starting line.

Alexander enjoyed a brief speed boost during Round 1, but as the Boon dwindles he starts to fall behind again. A Blight forces him to defend one of his opponents, and the racing pigeon chooses the freshly-arrived Twist to spend it on. It's even possible that the clownish competitor runs even faster once the birdman clambers onto his back and starts whispering soothing words into his ear.

Speaking of Twist, the clown commando enjoys a Boon for the briefest of moments before having it snatched away. He doesn't have much time to reflect on his misfortune, though, as Alexander (and, by extension, the unfortunate member he's riding on) are snatched up by a Blighted Magnan. The undead warrior is losing speed more quickly than a dealer at a music festival, but he does manage to use his impressive strength to hurl the birdman forward, and poor Twist goes along for the ride.

Darkblade, possibly smarting from the lacking effectiveness of his last attempt, takes a more inventive approach this time round. A speed boost hastily applied to the diminutive Ares sees the only non-possessed Staff member rocket forward on a chariot of his own devising.

Omega L keeps on at his own pace and nets Dionysus' Boon for his trouble. He lends Darius a helping hand, and spends his remaining speed boost on Scribe in a crafty attempt to send him off course. It almost works, but some quick thinking and a little origami lets Scribe recover and resume his sprint at a faster pace than before. Omega L might be disappointed, but he does get a speed boost for his trouble.

Lumeus, meanwhile, continues with his stroll and slips further behind.

Similarly, Adri just runs. Fast enough to keep herself in the mix.

Nay, blurring along at an accelerated rate, dumps a revenge Blight on Dionysus as she passes.

After an incredible flight, Lester makes a decent showing of staying among the frontrunners, even as his speed returns to normal. Undeterred by picking up a Blight of Zeus, he uses the power to send Alexander and Twist rocketing forward at an even greater rate.

Definitely last but certainly not least, Darius remains glued to the starting block for a solid five seconds, before the handfulof speed boosts he's been granted propel him after his fellow competitors, willingly or otherwise.

So Far...

The spaces indicate different groupings.

1. Lester maintaining a tenuous lead.
2. Alexander, Twist, MOQ and Scribe, battling for second.
3. Darkblade, Brooke, and Rick/Dionysus
4. Forge/Hades, Nay, G/Athena, Adri - All more or less neck and neck at this point.
5. Omega L making some serious progress.
6. Green giving it his all, but rapidly losing speed.
7. Lumeus, still out for a stroll.
8. Darius, bringing up the rear. With any luck, Round 3 will go better than the previous two.

! Message from: The Game Master
You may now roll for the third and final round, which will end at 12GMT on Monday 13th August.

Ares [Darkblade]
Olympian
Olympian

Post by Ares [Darkblade] » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:56 am

Darkblade noted the impromptu chariot was slowing down, the speed boost was declining. Rather than continue relying on Ares’ chibi legs, he rose kicking against the recliner throne with the fullness of his strength. Launching it backwards to thwart anyone foolish enough to follow in his slipstream, as he rocketed forward, lifting Ares before they were dragged back with the thone.

“What the!”

“Did you want to go backwards?”

Ares didn’t say anything, though in his small hands was an orb. It had seemingly come out from beneath his cape as he was jerked up from the ground. Where had the little sneak gotten it from?

“Where’d you get that?”

“It’s my sister’s!”

“And you took it before the race?”

“Chibi did it, like that stupid word he keeps making me say! Mehmoo!”

Darkblade didn’t believe it for a moment, well not that chibi would do something like that. But that Ares would happen to have a lapse of control at the perfect time for it to happen. His stride lengthening as he began to consider his options, without a speed boost he was unlikely to win the race himself. But there was someone on hand who could squeeze a victory for the team, but first.

“What’s it do?”

“It’s her shield, or a more annoying version of her shield!”

“And what’s that meant to mean?”

“Her Aegis, turns away all missles, bad or good!”

“So we won’t get help from others if we use it?”

“Precisely! Making it useless for our current predicament!”

Indeed, repulsing the boons of his allies would be worthless right now. Teleporting would only get him a ticket back to the start of the race, and he doubted the gods would look kindly upon him using his abilities to eliminate those ahead of him.

“Use it on yourself Ares, I have a plan.”

Ares looking up at him with a quizical expression.

“Why me?”

“I can’t win without a boon to aid me, or resorting to cheating.”

“Oh, so if I use it! You can get boons from the others?!”

“Well that is one way of thinking about it, hurry up!”

Ares’s body began to shimmer as he was suddenly surrounded by a bubble of divine energy.

“What now?!”

“Now you fly!”

Darkblade had been speeding up his pace as much as possible for this very purpose. Throwing Ares slightly ahead of himself, he himself lept cracking the ground beneath him. Spinning his body he swung out his foot, catching the incandesant ball of light with the inside of his foot. Pouring all his momentum into the kick he launched Ares forward, it was a bit of a cheat but nobody said there was a rule against helping someone to go faster on your own? He could hear Ares’ cry of shock, well more Chibi’s exclamation which was tinged with a bit of joy.

“Mehmoooooooo!”

Rather than watch the divinely possessed Chibi, he stumbled a bit as he landed before regaining a normal running pace. Regardless of whether he could sneak a win or not from this, mattered not. He just felt a certain sense of enjoyment from ridding himself of Ares for a little while, as his ears really could do with a break. His original plan was to hurl the diminutive divinity, but the aegis allowed him a much more interesting method of propulsion.

Sea Lion224
Olympian
Olympian

Post by Sea Lion224 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:53 am

Alexander made a mental note to give a bear hug to whoever gave him that speed boost. As it wore off, the achiness in his legs returned, thankfully half as bad as before. Releasing his hold on the clown, he moved onward, oceanic eyes brightening when the final orb was in his sights. He sped up even more and grabbed the purple ball, its instructions flashing across his field of vision.
Boon of Athena
Immune to one impediment
"Athena grants you her aegis, able to turn aside even the most savage of attacks."
A grin nearly split the bird's face in half as a surge of energy rushed through his lanky body. He could be invincible! Though it was temporary, it still counted. He swung his scrawny arms too and fro to gain some more momentum and broke out into a song, his chirps and squawks echoing throughout the void of space.

Dionysus [Rick]
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Pirate

Post by Dionysus [Rick] » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:07 am

Dionysus pulverized the ground underneath him with every stride he took. The deity left behind cracks and craters the size of a man in his wake, his enhanced abilities almost too much for him to control. Dionysus had always been a magnificent specimen, but with Rick's powers added into the mix he was sure he could take over the entire universe without breaking a sweat...or at least that's what he told himself. In the end he had no desire to be the ruler of anything, but it appeared Rick did, the adventurer's desire bleeding into the god's own psyche. He used the human's ambition to propel himself forward at break neck speeds, sometimes jumping up high into the air and landing with a loud boom unto the ground, sending chunks of earth flying around as he sought to make the course just a tad more difficult to maneuver. A row of those magical spheres was coming up in front of him, but Dionysus decided to leap over them; the blasted things only brought about bad luck and Dionysus had complete faith in his own abilities, he didn't need any "boon" from his father's murderous wife.

As Dionysus landed a sphere appeared out of thin air, right in front of him.

"Hera," Dionysus said under his breath with a mad grin on his face.

It didn't surprise him that it was a blight, on of Hera's specifically. Queen of the gods but just as shady of the rest of us, Dionysus thought to himself. Before he could even wonder what to do with his newly received blight, it was taken from him, heading towards the racers behind him. Dionysus shrugged and kept going, quickly closing the distance between him and the racers in front of him.

BrookeDi
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Rogue

Post by BrookeDi » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:59 am

Gods, how she hated running. Ember had never been a fan, but she was too competitive just to lie down and give up. Another sparkling orb danced in front of her, and she eyed it wearily. The last one she'd had, had been a blight and she wasn't too keen on receiving another. It didn't look like she had a choice, though, as she ran through the orb rather than dodging it (and potentially running into an ally).

The Blight of Aphrodite
An opponent of your choice must give you their blight
"Aphrodite befuddles your senses, enthralling you into an act of selfless sacrifice for ‘love’"

The knowledge of what the blight was filled her instantly and she sighed, eyeing the opponents nearest her. Darkblade was too busy kicking Chibi into oblivion, and she was running neck in neck with Rick... or Dionysus. The instant she thought about it, the orb he had just collected zoomed out of his hands and into her palm.

Blight of Hera
The queen of the gods inflicts you with one blight of her choice.
“Two blights in a row. You hardly need me to hinder your progress, do you? I'll spare you anything truly horrendous, and negate the next boon used against you instead."

Of all the things it could have been, Ember decided that losing the effect of a boon wasn't so bad. As a bonus, she didn't have to worry about who she would offer her boon or blight to. It went very nicely with her strategy of focusing mainly on the running aspect of the sprint. Just get to the end and don't worry too much about what's going on around her. The finish line was in sight.

The empath glanced those around her. She'd never tried targeting certain individuals before, but it was worth a shot, even if she incidentally affected her teammates. The dark-haired lawyer focused on exuding apathy on those nearest her and running as fast as she could.

I pledge for Zeus
Photo by David Moum on Unsplash