Happy NEW YEAR!

Sorry for the delay, folks but don't forget to go and congratulate our DECEMBER MEMBER OF THE MONTH!

We have a few bits for you to look at:
So You Want to be a Moderator?
Storycraft - An RP Contest

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up!

[IC - Tavern] The Sanctum

The home of the Collective and its accumulated knowledge regarding the multiverse. The Ark contains profiles of all personas, characters, and worlds known to The Collective as well the records of its history and continuing story.

Moderators: Forge, Sammy

Glassdoor
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Necromancer

Re: [IC - Tavern] The Sanctum

Post by Glassdoor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:40 am

And then yet another appearance took place, this time in a form of a cloud loaded with yellow sparks, growing bigger and bigger, and then suddenly imploding, showing a mildly yet visibly hunched stranger dressed in gray robes with hood covering his face, coughing uncontrollably.
"Note to self" murmured Lester in breaks between the coughs "Find and eliminate the line creating the dramatic entrance in waygate's spell formula. Way too flashy and fatiguing." He looked around. "So this is the 'Place where the Travellers through the Worlds meet'. Do the Ancients always have to be so vague in their books, Tommy?" He turned to the levitating, enchained book tied to him by the rope. The book trembled slightly, as if in response to the question. "They could've at least attached a map or a description to the formula." He finnally noticed the group standing in the distance. "Huh. Those must be the Travellers. They seem to have been conversating for quite a while now. I wonder..." The Librarian muttered something under his nose and made a complicated gesture. Then a mild wind blew towards him, all group's conversations since half an hour whispering to his ear. The book hit Lester's shoulder and he winced slightly, looking at the book with pretense. "Come on, Tommy, Zephyr's Echoes of the Past isn't an eavesdropping spell. It helps blend into already started conversations more easily. Now don't distract me, I want to listen." He let the wind whisper, and as he listened, he became more and more surprised. "So we have two lost people, one of which has multiple alternate versions of himself which he can 'feel', one godlike... Creature able to create materialistic avatars for themselves and apparently above emotions... And a recently joined demon... Let's go introduce ourselves, shall we?" And not caring for the book's frantic signals to wait for at least a moment, Lester approached the group.
Collective persona: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=3129

neonnarratives
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Pirate

Post by neonnarratives » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Lumeus wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:39 am
Turning toward the new arrival with knowing eyes and a warm smile, Lumeus held the plate out for her perusal. “Certainly. I recommend the Jammie Dodgers.” And in case she had never heard of those, he added, “They are the ones with the red jelly hearts in the center.”
Neon managed a small smile before picking up a biscuit, take a small nibble off the side. "Thank you..." She said quietly before looking around, eyeing their surroundings. "This is nice." To be honest, it really wasn't. She never liked cookies, but she felt she should be polite. She continued nibbling on the biscuit before clearing her throat once more and looking at the two men with wide eyes. "I was... I was dropped off here by a ship? A man... he's rather large... With a red beard and green eyes... Have you perhaps seen him?" Even the slightest lead to her missing crew would be a huge help.

She was about to explain more till a figure dropped down beside her, causing her to jump in surprise, the biscuit falling to the ground.
DaughteroftheFlame wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:49 am

So she leapt down, making sure to land right next to the human as the treats were offered. "Ah, you're offering treats now?" She says more as a statement than a question, plucking a treat for herself and munching on it.

She was sure to make a show of noticing the human, her eyes glowing a crimson hue as she looks over, and eyebrow raised. "Oh, and who's this? A friend of yours?"

Where in Poseidon's name am I?

With eyes wide in both fear and intrigue, Neon did not respond, instead choosing to stare at the creature now picking at the platter of biscuits. "I... Well- I..."
Glassdoor wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:40 am
"So we have two lost people, one of which has multiple alternate versions of himself which he can 'feel', one godlike... Creature able to create materialistic avatars for themselves and apparently above emotions... And a recently joined demon... Let's go introduce ourselves, shall we?" And not caring for the book's frantic signals to wait for at least a moment, Lester approached the group.
Neon's head all but swivelled around at the sound of a newcomer. Her eyes widened even more at the man accompanied by what looked like levitating books (because surely, they weren't levitating books, as books don't levitate... she thinks...). "This is too crazy of a rabbit hole for me to be in..." She muttered to herself before allowing a shaky smile to appear on her face. Everything seemed so extraordinary in this world, and with her being so terribly... ordinary to begin with, she couldn't help but feel out of place. Certainly the Captain did not think she'd be alright on her own here.

"Neon... by the way... My name is Neon."
Check out my PERSONA

DaughteroftheFlame
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by DaughteroftheFlame » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:10 am

A smile was to be had as the human, as expected, was rather uncomfortable in her presence. Happy that her goal seemed to be achieved, Sallos kept munching on the cookie as a more experienced looking newcomer came along. He was a mage from the magic winds that surrounded him, and that made her sigh. Oh how she hated mages sometimes, meddling in things they aren't quite ready for and somehow being able to pull it off without consequences.

Really, they were rather annoying when they were smug about it.

But, putting her personal issues with his kind aside, she had to note that the levitating books were a nice touch. It's a shame that she wasn't really a bookworm, despite liking to read, because she totally would have copied him as was her style. But alas, she really wasn't into it, and thus simply turned and looked at him as he approached.

Her wide and fanged smile greeted him before turning to the girl, although it was mainly to freak out the now named Neon further. "Ah, well it's nice to meet you Neon! I am Sallos, at your service!" She almost considered saying her true name, just to give Neon a headache, but decided that she wasn't that type of demon. Not now anyways.

Lumeus
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Mage

Post by Lumeus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 am

neonnarratives wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:01 pm
"I was... I was dropped off here by a ship? A man... he's rather large... With a red beard and green eyes... Have you perhaps seen him?" Even the slightest lead to her missing crew would be a huge help.
There weren’t enough details in her account for Lumeus to give a helpful answer, but he pondered her words none-the-less. She was dropped off here? Based on her manner of dress the ship she mentioned was probably a seafaring vessel. Either the captain of the ship knew where to find a portal to the Ark, or the Ark had taken the girl and she mistakenly thought she had been dropped off here. The Ark would know exactly where to find the red bearded man she was looking for. The real question was did the Ark want her to find him.
DaughteroftheFlame wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:49 am
She was sure to make a show of noticing the human, her eyes glowing a crimson hue as she looks over, an eyebrow raised. "Oh, and who's this? A friend of yours?"
Lumeus almost replied that the two had just met, and were only acquaintances, but the demon switched her focus before he could speak so he decided her question had been a rhetorical one.

Lumeus held the plate of cookies out to the side, and, seemingly of its own accord, a tree began to steadily grow out of the ground directly below the plate. The trunk thickened until it was twelve centimeters in diameter, but the limbs that sprouted from the top were stunted, and grew outward in an odd spiral pattern instead of upward. When the tree reached the plate Lumeus was holding, the buds growing at the tips of the branches suddenly flowered creating a leafy green ring around the edge. Lumeus let go of the plate and it was suddenly apparent that the tree was not a tree but an organic table.
neonnarratives wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:01 pm
"Neon... by the way... My name is Neon."
“Welcome aboard the Ark, Neon. My name is Lumeus. I do not believe I have met the man you are searching for, but…” Lumeus seemed distracted for just a second, the light in his eyes moving back and forth like he was reading something. “I am certain the members of the Collective will be able to assist you in finding The Queen’s Pearl and this “Captain” of yours.”
Last edited by Lumeus on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glassdoor
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Necromancer

Post by Glassdoor » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:43 am

"Name’s Lester Fireglasse, pleasure to meet you all" Lester said, coming up and silencing the Echos spell. He turned to Lumeus. "I have to know, do you create these things with some strange powers of yours or is this whole place capable of shifting one’s thoughts into reality?" He pulled back the hood of his robes, revealing his eyes shining with literal sparks of magical discharges. "Because if it is..." Lester rubbed his hands "I believe I’m going to spend even more time in here than in my beloved Library. Oh, right!” He then turned to Neon "I haven’t heard of a ship you’re describing, but I have thousands of searching spells I’ve been ITCHING to test out. So count me in for whatever endeavor you want to go on!"
Collective persona: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=3129

Lumeus
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Mage

Post by Lumeus » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:43 am

Glassdoor wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:43 am
"Name’s Lester Fireglasse, pleasure to meet you all" Lester said, coming up and silencing the Echos spell. He turned to Lumeus. "I have to know, do you create these things with some strange powers of yours or is this whole place capable of shifting one’s thoughts into reality?" He pulled back the hood of his robes, revealing his eyes shining with literal sparks of magical discharges. "Because if it is..." Lester rubbed his hands "I believe I’m going to spend even more time in here than in my beloved Library.
"In this case, the latter," Lumeus confirmed. "The Sanctum, provided your intentions are not harmful to yourself or others, can create anything you think of." But then Lumeus furrowed his brow. He had intended to punctuate his point with a visual demonstration, but nothing had happened. He tapped his heel against the grass. Still, nothing happened.

"However, at the moment it seems we are limited to smaller scale creations."

That was rather disappointing. Lumeus' favorite thing about the Sanctum was watching the other member's unbridled imaginations run wild with possibility. Then again, now that he was thinking about it, even when there had been free reign over the Sanctum's decor, few of them had ventured into broad transformations.