Happy DECEMBER!

Congratulations to our new November Member of the Month!

In honour of the festive season, we have a few new contests for you.
12 Days of Christmas
Caption Christmas

We have a few other bits for you to look at:
So You Want to be a Moderator?
Storycraft - An RP Contest

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up!

[IC - Tavern] The Sanctum

The home of the Collective and its accumulated knowledge regarding the multiverse. The Ark contains profiles of all personas, characters, and worlds known to The Collective as well the records of its history and continuing story.

Moderators: Forge, Sammy

McGenty
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Adventurer

Re: [IC - Tavern] The Sanctum

Post by McGenty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:37 am

“We are over here! There is a clearing on the other side of the forest!”

The response caused Matt to freeze, gun raised, and peer through the trees in the direction of the voice. Strangely, the birds didn't stop singing, as they normally would at a shouted exchange. Taking note of the oddity, he began a slow, smooth creep through the forest, barely making a rustle thanks to years of training and practice.

As firelight came into view through the trees, he stopped, crouched, and exchanged his shotgun for a pair of binoculars. Two figures, a dark haired man and a woman wearing what appeared to be a long gray cloak, were sitting near a fire, apparently making small talk. While he was watching them, another man approached the clearing and seemed to greet them. There was nothing that indicated any of them were immediately dangerous, but McGenty's stint bouncing around the multiverse so far had taught him how deceptive appearances can be. Still, no reason to present as hostile at the moment.

He stood, stowed his shotgun, and approached the group, still making very little sound in spite of not really trying not to. As he entered the clearing, he cleared his throat, politely announcing his presence, and stood at the treeline, as relaxed as he could.

"Excuse me. Can anyone tell me where this is?" He tapped a device strapped to his belt, not that any of them would know at a glance it was a teleportation tool. "Seems no matter where I try to go, I keep ending up here whether I like it or not."

In fact, he'd jumped eight times since breakfast, and ended up looking at that same blasted door every time until he'd finally decided to come in.
Thanks to Forge for the set!

Trekwars
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Mage

Post by Trekwars » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:27 am

Niathria wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Niathria waved back at the man approaching. “Would you like a warm beverage? The water is piping hot.”
As Isaac approaches the little picnic site that has been formed he answers, "Yes, I think I could use a warm drink" As he reaches the group he takes a seat in the grass, tucking his feet and his legs under him. He takes a deep breath relaxing, enjoying the wilderness around him, even if it is just a construct of the Sanctum. As he calms himself he starts to relax more, taking off a leather strap which hung around his body from his right shoulder down to his left hip. As he does so a scabbard containing a sword comes out from behind Isaac. He lays the scabbard on the ground, the handle of blade poking through the grass.

He looks up examining the two people he has now joined on this fine morning. The first is the man sitting there, dressed in the interesting choice of cloaks with his dark hair. I wonder what he's seen Isaac thinks to himself, trying to figure out just what kind of person this robed dressed man is. He turns his attention then over to the woman standing just a little off to Isaac's left. The woman, he would notice, wasn't exactly UGLY, in fact, she looked quite beautiful. However, he wasn't checking her out for her looks so Isaac changes his mind's attention, trying to figure out who or what she is. He notices the strange choice of clothing she is wearing, I can't think of any human who would wear something so, mystical looking. She must be some kind of mythical creature then, but she seems friendly.

Even though Isaac was deep in thought the sudden sound of a man clearing his voice caused Isaac to turn his head in attention.
McGenty wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:37 am
As he entered the clearing, he cleared his throat, politely announcing his presence, and stood at the treeline, as relaxed as he could.

"Excuse me. Can anyone tell me where this is?" He tapped a device strapped to his belt, not that any of them would know at a glance it was a teleportation tool. "Seems no matter where I try to go, I keep ending up here whether I like it or not."
Isaac stares at the man, noticing the guns and weapons hanging off of his body. Isaac has never had a problem with guns, in fact, he himself has shot quite a few of them. Even though the man seemed relaxed and calm Isaac still had his hand resting on the handle of his sword in case he tried to make any moves. "My name is Isaac," He would say, staying seated. Isaac would eye the device the man would tap, "I don't know what kind of device you have there but I can sure tell you where you are. This is the Arc, well, more specifically THIS," He says gesturing to the forest and the lake, "is the Sanctum, kind of a meeting room within the Arc. Let me guess, you're still kind of new to the whole Multiverse jumping concept?"
-I have a plan, it's a terrible plan and will probably fail spectacularly, but it's still a plan!

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:24 am

Content to simply watch the interactions of the members play out, the elemental had opted to sit among the branches of one of the trees that circled the clearing. It had the added bonus of providing a good vantage point of The Sanctum as a whole which, bizarrely, appeared to stretch impossibly far in each direction and yet also seemed to occasionally return people to exactly where they'd started. Sammy wasn't sure what the Ark was playing at but it seemed as though the Halloween party had changed something, almost as though it had developed a taste for having a little more agency of its own. So far the effects seemed harmless enough, there was nothing dangerous in the strange biome and yet the development was worrying all the same. Sammy grimaced slightly at the prospect of having to tell Gideon or Filth that she'd potentially broken the Ark but quickly became distracted by the members wandering about below her chosen perch.

New people. The elemental smiled, unable to resist the urge to join the fun and simply disappeared from the branch of the tree and reappeared in the centre of the cleaning, clad in dark jeans paired with a white, short-sleeved crop top.

"Hello Friends," she smiled with a small wave.
Please remember to vote here and here everyday!

Palacia
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Class: Vampire

Post by Palacia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:42 am

The damping effect of being submerged etched lines of confusion in Palacia’s face. Last he’d remembered he was a blob of form-souls, two horrifying dastardly starfish-like donkeys, Mocc saving the day and being saved by a buccaneer. Everything after that was pretty much a blank. He pinched his lower lip with his teeth, realizing now he must have drunk far too much. Perhaps it was because the alcohol was made by whatever force governed the Sanctum, but Palacia hadn’t even realized that he could get that drunk. First time for everything, it seemed.

Letting out a mental sigh he made movements to bring himself to the surface of the small body of water. He calmly broke through the surface of the water and made a somewhat graceful show of trudging out of the water. Seeing the grouping of people and a fire he grinned.

“ Ahoy there, would you mind sharing that warm looking fire with me?” He spoke softly not wanting to upset the almost serene atmosphere.
Image All credit to Forge, amazing work

McGenty
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by McGenty » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:32 am

"New?"

Captain McGenty thought briefly on how flexible the meaning of that word could be in context of the situation. He'd been world jumping for some time - long enough that he had pieced together he was moving between universes, not just planets or timelines. It certainly didn't feel new to him except that there was no telling what the next place could be. On the other hand, this Isaac could be millennia old for all he could tell, so maybe new meant something entirely different. He settled on his own best understanding.

"I wouldn't say I'm all that new to it. What's new is being repeatedly pulled to one place whether I'm trying to go there or not..."

He didn't get to explain further as several other people seemed to materialize from thin air, or water, as the case of one man was, and made their presence known. The soldier let himself relax a little more, as it was becoming obvious nobody here presented any malice. He stepped further into the clearing and nodded his own acknowledgement of the greetings being made.

Whatever the Arc and the Sanctum were, he was evidently supposed to be here.

Trekwars
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Trekwars » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:36 am

Now those two look familiar... Isaac starts getting up, waving back to the woman who had just materialized as well as the man who had just walked out of the water. Isaac walks a little ways towards the woman saying, "You were at the Halloween party, weren't you? The one with the interesting face paint?" Isaac than turns back to the man saying, "And you were the one who turned the donkey into donkeys, right? Well, either way, it's nice to see you two again." Turning back towards the soldier looking man who had appeared a while ago Isaac says, "I don't think I caught your name, would you mind enlightening me to what it is?"
-I have a plan, it's a terrible plan and will probably fail spectacularly, but it's still a plan!

Georgeanna
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Thief

Post by Georgeanna » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:44 am

Of all places, Georgeanna did not expect to find herself in a forest. Suspicious, she tucked her wings a little tighter, wincing at the ever-present strain in her left wing, and peered around the trees. With a breeze picking up and whipping her dress around her knees, she wished she had a shawl to wrap around herself and found its warmth immediately.

"How strange..." she muttered, but not altogether ungrateful for the sudden appearance of woolen comfort.

"Hello?" she called, twisting her gaze one way and then the other. "Is somebody out there?"

Finding no immediate response she wandered a bit further, coming upon a small pool of water. Being part siren, the water always seemed to find her, yet it was not the water that she was looking for. All the same, she lowered herself onto the side of the pool and dipped her bare feet in the water that was suspiciously warm.
All hail to the mighty Forge, who forged this amazing set design.

chaosDesigner
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by chaosDesigner » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:49 am

A vortex of dark blue energy appeared, and out of it jumped a cloaked figure that landed and crouched, seemingly used to jumping through such portals. The portal got smaller and smaller until it disappeared, and the man stood up with a tired sigh. "I hate to feel so helpless," he murmured to himself as he looked around the place.

"Now, where might this be?" he wondered aloud as he walked forward, taking his surroundings in. "A forest... But any world can have forests... I have a feeling I have never been in this particular world before, though..."

He then stopped walking, sighing again as his shoulders sagged slightly. "I need a place to rest..." he stated as he rubbed his temple, the lack of mental energy after conjuring the portal up really making him feel tired and a little useless.
Georgeanna wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:44 am
Finding no immediate response she wandered a bit further, coming upon a small pool of water. Being part siren, the water always seemed to find her, yet it was not the water that she was looking for. All the same, she lowered herself onto the side of the pool and dipped her bare feet in the water that was suspiciously warm.
As he looked around a bit more, he noticed the lady at the edge of the pond. He then adjusted the scarf covering the lower half of his face and the hood. He'd rather begin with a more diplomatic approach, so he approached the lady.

"Excuse me, miss, but I seem to be lost," he explained. "Would you be so kind as to direct me to the closest town?" he asked as he gave a small courtsey. He walked closer until he was standing at the edge of the pond as well.
Chaos has been designed!!!

Georgeanna
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Georgeanna » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:37 am

chaosDesigner wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:49 am

"Excuse me, miss, but I seem to be lost," he explained. "Would you be so kind as to direct me to the closest town?" he asked as he gave a small courtsey. He walked closer until he was standing at the edge of the pond as well.
Georgeanna lithely pulled herself up until she was facing the stranger who had approached her. Ignoring the dull ache in her shoulder, she lifted her arm to point over to the clearing she had been watching. At first, she had found that the trees were too dense to see through, but suddenly she could see a small group gathered in a clearing. She had tried to manipulate the setting as she had before to give herself more cover, but something appeared to be off about the ability that she had so quickly gained and then lost. The setting resisted her, no matter how hard she tried. Moreover, it seemed no matter which direction she had adjusted her gaze, she saw the same clearing with the same group of people.

Still pointing she cleared her throat delicately, "I haven't the slightest, but it appears that no matter where you wander, or gaze for that matter, you will eventually end up in the clearing over there. Before you ask, I haven't a clue who those people are but I believe we are in the Ark. The Sanctum to be exact. Haven't you ever traveled in the multiverse before and found yourself here?"

In truth, Georgeanna hadn't been here either. But she had heard of it and how expansive it was. She had heard how you could manipulate the Sanctum with just your will. But it seemed something was wrong with the Ark. Yet she stayed, for the time being. She needed help and she didn't know where else to turn, but for now she kept her mouth shut about it. No need to involve a stranger in her problems.

A spasm rocked her wing joint, making her wince. She fluttered her wings a little to shake it off and waited for what this stranger would ask next.

McGenty
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by McGenty » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:59 am

"I don't think I caught your name, would you mind enlightening me to what it is?"

McGenty stepped further into the clearing and relaxed a little more...which, to a civilian, would still look something like a bowstring on the verge of snapping, but he couldn't help that.

"Captain Matthew McGenty, Executive Officer of the 1st Special Operations Unit in service of the Confederation of Free Worlds."

He smiled, hoping to soften the formality of his practiced name and rank speel, then added: "I've been travelling between dimensions for some time now...can't say exactly how long, I haven't worked out the way time passes living like this, but it feels like years. I've gotten used to random destinations, but my last 8 jumps have all ended up outside that..." he jabbed a thumb over his shoulder, glanced, and realized the door was no longer where he left it. He glanced around, hoping to re-acclimate his internal compass, and quickly gave up on that futile prospect, finishing with a shrug and a wave in a vague direction. "...that door. Seems like something keeps pulling me here."

He looked around at the small group before settling his gaze back on the man with the sword.

"Can you tell me a little more about this Ark?"

chaosDesigner
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by chaosDesigner » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:05 am

Georgeanna wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:37 am
Georgeanna lithely pulled herself up until she was facing the stranger who had approached her. Ignoring the dull ache in her shoulder, she lifted her arm to point over to the clearing she had been watching. At first, she had found that the trees were too dense to see through, but suddenly she could see a small group gathered in a clearing. She had tried to manipulate the setting as she had before to give herself more cover, but something appeared to be off about the ability that she had so quickly gained and then lost. The setting resisted her, no matter how hard she tried. Moreover, it seemed no matter which direction she had adjusted her gaze, she saw the same clearing with the same group of people.

Still pointing she cleared her throat delicately, "I haven't the slightest, but it appears that no matter where you wander, or gaze for that matter, you will eventually end up in the clearing over there. Before you ask, I haven't a clue who those people are but I believe we are in the Ark. The Sanctum to be exact. Haven't you ever traveled in the multiverse before and found yourself here?"

In truth, Georgeanna hadn't been here either. But she had heard of it and how expansive it was. She had heard how you could manipulate the Sanctum with just your will. But it seemed something was wrong with the Ark. Yet she stayed, for the time being. She needed help and she didn't know where else to turn, but for now she kept her mouth shut about it. No need to involve a stranger in her problems.

A spasm rocked her wing joint, making her wince. She fluttered her wings a little to shake it off and waited for what this stranger would ask next.
Warren's gaze followed the woman's finger and fell on the clearing she talked about. Wait... he thought, Was that there just a minute ago? I remember just a very thick wall of trees...

As he listened to the part about that particular clearing being always to the front, he turned back to face his conversation partner, one of his eyebrows raised in disbelief. At least, until he heard yer suspicions of this being The Ark spoken of in some of the legends he had read in the past.

His eyes widened in shock at the possibility. Then he looked to the side, one of his hands landing on hia chin in thought. "The Ark, you say..." he murmured. He needed to test this out.

He extended his arm to the side and thought about something to will into existance. After a second, a navy blue gemstone in the form of a drop, with a beautiful swirl carved into it, appeared on his palm. He smiled at it, which could be seen on his eyes as the scarf covered his mouth. "So, this is The Ark of legend..." he repeated to himself.

He then remembered he was talking to someone and shook his head lightly. "Oh, sorry, I got very fascinated for a moment there." He then opened his palm again, and the gemstone slowly disappeared. "To answer your question, I've been wandering the multiverse for..." He shook his head, as he couldn't really measure how much time had passed since he woke up in that desert right after his former clan mates had attempted to take his life. "A very long time. I had never reached The Ark, though. I thought it was a legend... Until now."

He paused for a moment before he took off the hood and lowered his scarf, as a show of trust. "I assume you've explored the multiverse as well? My name is Warren Smythe. What's yours?" he asked her with a friendly smile as he offered a hand shake.

Georgeanna
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Georgeanna » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:53 am

Georgeanna watch him take in his surroundings uncomfortably. She hadn't been around other people in a very long time. Traveling the multiverse with specific goals in mind tended to put a damper on one's social life it seemed. She shifted her weight around as his hand was filled with a small gemstone. Hardly worth any value, the stone still seemed to please its creator, confusing Georgeanna further.
chaosDesigner wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:05 am
"Oh, sorry, I got very fascinated for a moment there." He then opened his palm again, and the gemstone slowly disappeared.
"Apparently," she said with a slightly confused and bemused look on her face. He seemed to her like a child exploring the world for the very first time, yet she was sure that he was older than her by at least a little. It wasn't an unlikeable quality.
chaosDesigner wrote:
"To answer your question, I've been wandering the multiverse for..." He shook his head, as he couldn't really measure how much time had passed since he woke up in that desert right after his former clan mates had attempted to take his life. "A very long time. I had never reached The Ark, though. I thought it was a legend... Until now."
She continued to watch him, still curious. Who exactly was this human? Or at least he appeared to be a human. A very bundled up human at that, with his scarf. She glanced down at her own garments which consisted of just her dress that barely reached past her knees. Where exactly had he come from where he needed to hide his skin like that? Georgeanna decided that wherever it was, it sounded hostile indeed, at least as far as the elements could be concerned.

No. She needed to focus on her mission. Dwelling on garments would simply not do. She had done fine on her own up to this point, and she would carry on on her own. All the same...something about this place, how she got here, all of it seemed very strange.
chaosDesigner wrote:
He paused for a moment before he took off the hood and lowered his scarf, as a show of trust. "I assume you've explored the multiverse as well? My name is Warren Smythe. What's yours?" he asked her with a friendly smile as he offered a hand shake.
Georgeanna looked at his hand for probably a beat too long. Every settlement had its customs and sometimes there were simply to many for her to keep up with. After all, her parents had introduced her to just about every manner of person and beast that existed. It was all just to much to take in. Finally she gripped his hand and replied "Georgeanna Aramantha."

She released his hand and stepped back a pace. "Please forgive me if it is uncouth for me to ask, but just what manner of person are you?" she asked with a small smile.

Trekwars
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Trekwars » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 am

McGenty wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:59 am

He looked around at the small group before settling his gaze back on the man with the sword.

"Can you tell me a little more about this Ark?"
"Well now, I doubt that I am the person who should be telling you all of this, but I might as well try.." Isaac would start to pace around the little clearing while explaining what little he knew about the Ark. "So don't ask me how long this place has been here because I won't be able to answer that, and don't go asking me about how it was created either because I don't know. What I DO know is... complicated." Isaac stops pacing and takes a deep breath before turning back to the Captain. "So this place, the Ark, isn't just some other dimension or universe, or even realm. It is kind of its own thing, an outlying plane of existence sperate from everything else. Like a single asteroid orbiting in a solar system if that helps." Isaac begins his annoying pacing once again while continuing to explain, "Even though the Ark isn't directly linked to everything else it is still interwoven with, well, everything I suppose. It acts kind of like a central hub for travelers like us to meet and interact."

Changing course Isaac would start to walk down towards the body of water, "Because the Ark isn't a normal universe it doesn't have to play by the laws of physics or reality, being able to construct massive forests, killer zombie donkeys, or even... sandwiches." Isaac would let out a shudder at the mention of Sandwiches but instantly shakes it off. "I'm not too surprised you landed here by accident, I found this place in a similar fashion when I first started out...."

Starring across the body of water he sees two people talking with each other. Isaac would raise a hand in greeting, trying to see who exactly they are.

chaosDesigner
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by chaosDesigner » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:15 am

Georgeanna wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:53 am
Georgeanna looked at his hand for probably a beat too long. Every settlement had its customs and sometimes there were simply to many for her to keep up with. After all, her parents had introduced her to just about every manner of person and beast that existed. It was all just to much to take in. Finally she gripped his hand and replied "Georgeanna Aramantha."

She released his hand and stepped back a pace. "Please forgive me if it is uncouth for me to ask, but just what manner of person are you?" she asked with a small smile.
He patiently waited for Georgeanna to react before she gripped his hand, as he had learned on his travels throught the multiverse that there was an infinite amount of customs and not everyone knew about all of them. His friendly smiled widened when she finally shook his hand.

"Georgeanna..." he repeated to himself. "Certainly not the most common of names, but it is pretty nice," he complimented honestly, as he did like the sound of the name.

He tilted his head to the side and tried to figure out why she had stepped back until she spoke. He was feeling specially frustrated at being unable to use his skills right now, as he would quite like it if he could read this woman's thoughts, of course, not without permission, as he always acted the gentleman. She was very interesting to him, and he wanted to figure her out.

"What manner of person am I?" He frowned and crossed his arms in thought. "I don't... I don't think I understand the question." He looked at her for a moment. "Not that it's the first time someone's asked me that, but judging by your smile, I'd say your intentions are quite different from the others who have asked me that." He wasn't gonna reveal the fact that he was a psychic just yet, as he probably wouldn't be believed.

"But I'm just a regular guy, really. I was born two a pair of normal parents and went to normal school when I was young." He excluded the part about leaving school to join a clan of psychics. "You, on the other hand, don't seem so normal, considering your wings," he remarked with a smile as well, obviously considering this some sort of friendly banter.

He then noticed movement in the corner of his eye and saw the other person waving at them. "Hey, look!" he told Georgeanna. "They noticed us," he said as he waved back at the other man.

Georgeanna
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Georgeanna » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:07 am

chaosDesigner wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:15 am
"Georgeanna..." he repeated to himself. "Certainly not the most common of names, but it is pretty nice," he complimented honestly, as he did like the sound of the name.
She looked at him not knowing whether to be insulted or flattered. Was being uncommon a compliment? Or a dagger shielded with pleasantries? At the very least he didn't seem to dwell to long on her faux pas regarding the hand shake. Such contradictory actions, from such a contradictory man. He looked to be one thing and then would suddenly change--or maybe Georgeanna was just to much in her head.

Realizing she again had paused their conversation through her wonderings, she shook her head to clear it of the meaningless jumble and smiled.
chaosDesigner wrote:
"But I'm just a regular guy, really. I was born two a pair of normal parents and went to normal school when I was young." He excluded the part about leaving school to join a clan of psychics.
Narrowing her gaze as Warren continued recounting his life story, Georgeanna realized that she definitely was not being told the whole truth--he was too outlandish to be normal. Seems she might've been right to be wary--her wanderings around the multiverse always seemed to provide lessons and that particular one was the most common. However, aside from the slight leveling of her gaze, she kept her face composed in a friendly, open manner. Despite his omissions, Warren didn't seem to think this some type of interrogation, so she would not treat it as one.
chaosDesigner wrote:
"You, on the other hand, don't seem so normal, considering your wings," he remarked with a smile as well, obviously considering this some sort of friendly banter.
Unable to control her reaction, she widened her eyes in alarm. She hadn't thought that she had untucked them so much, but she supposed he was right.

"I don't know, I look pretty normal to me," she said composing her features once more, tucking in her wings, and attempting to use her persuasive abilities. She didn't push too hard with her mind--she didn't want to control him. She also hadn't the slightest in how strong his mind was, and certainly didn't want to faint from effort. So, she just laid the subconscious suggestion that perhaps he should let it drop. If he choose to obey was up to him, she supposed.

As she did so, she noticed the man out of the corner of her eye and turned to face him with a relieved look on her face. Enough about her for now, she had too much she was eager to hide.

chaosDesigner
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by chaosDesigner » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:05 pm

Georgeanna wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:07 am
Unable to control her reaction, she widened her eyes in alarm. She hadn't thought that she had untucked them so much, but she supposed he was right.

"I don't know, I look pretty normal to me," she said composing her features once more, tucking in her wings, and attempting to use her persuasive abilities. She didn't push too hard with her mind--she didn't want to control him. She also hadn't the slightest in how strong his mind was, and certainly didn't want to faint from effort. So, she just laid the subconscious suggestion that perhaps he should let it drop. If he choose to obey was up to him, she supposed.

As she did so, she noticed the man out of the corner of her eye and turned to face him with a relieved look on her face. Enough about her for now, she had too much she was eager to hide.
As the woman placed the suggestion in his subconscious, Warren immediateky stepped back a little and placed his index and middle fingers to his temple. He looked to concentrate for a moment, then smirked at her. "Are you, perhaps, trying to mess with my mind, lady?" he asked in a whisper so the others wouldn't hear. He was, of course, trained to notice an intrusion into his mind, part of psychic basic training.

He chuckled a small bit as he returned to his previous position. "Well, it's a good thing it was just a minor suggestion, because my powers are not available to me right now, and I wouldn't have been able to remove a bigger intrusion," he explained with his voice still lowered, clearly getting way ahead of himself.

He looked down to the ground, sighing. "I guess it's clear now that I've been hiding something from you, huh?" He raised his head once more. "Well, alright. I you one, and I will explain everything later." He kept talking in a hushed voice, trying to keep their conversation in secrecy from the others present in the area.

He then looked at the one man who had greeted them earlier. "Shall we head over and greet them for now, though?"

Georgeanna
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Georgeanna » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:35 pm

Georgeanna looked at him in alarm. "No, are you trying to mess with mine?" she said. Of course she would notice persuasion aimed at her, and she hadn't noticed anything suspicious, but she was angry in a sort of childish way and felt like being ridiculous for the moment. She stared him down for a beat before he began to speak again.
chaosDesigner wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:05 pm
He chuckled a small bit as he returned to his previous position. "Well, it's a good thing it was just a minor suggestion, because my powers are not available to me right now, and I wouldn't have been able to remove a bigger intrusion," he explained with his voice still lowered, clearly getting way ahead of himself.
She noted this, but was clearly rattled and past the point of pleasantries. No one had ever called her on her powers before, aside from her parents of course, and she was too stubborn to admit that she had been trying to mess with his mental faculties. She owed him nothing.
chaosDesigner wrote:

He looked down to the ground, sighing. "I guess it's clear now that I've been hiding something from you, huh?"
"I really think that that has become quite apparent," she said crossing her arms over one another.
chaosDesigner wrote:

He then looked at the one man who had greeted them earlier. "Shall we head over and greet them for now, though?"
Suddenly, meeting yet another person seemed overwhelming. Once upon the time she had been the darling of every party, but now a days she couldn't help but be scared every time she met someone new. She relied on her charm and wit to get her out of situations such as these, and if not then her persuasion, but it seems like nothing she had said had protected her this time.

"I suppose if he comes over, but I'm not in the mood to jump into a giant party in the middle of the clearing, though they all seem nice enough. Gun shy I suppose," she said collapsing in a huff, throwing her feet back in the water. "So, Walter--Warren I mean, my apologies, what have you been lying about?"

Niathria
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Niathria » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:35 pm

“Sammy” wrote:
As the others mingled about her, one aburpt appearance made Niathria’s eyes light up,

“Sammy! I haven’t seen you in, well, ages!”

Their difference in styles were apparent. The elemental had shifts in her features and as she looked over Sammy, Niathria noted her change in eye and hair color. It was nice to see a familiar face in this crowd of newcomers.

Most have split off into their own conversation as Niathria approached Sammy.

“How has the Arc been since I was away? I had business back in my own ‘homeland’, to attend to, I feel bad about missing the Halloween bash, but I am able to be here for the Christmas festivities, if everything goes right.”

Something was different about the Valkyrie this time though, she had no little black cat hanging around her like before. It would be a relief not to have a little critter among the decoration boxes this year for a change and Niathria seemed refreshed after her extended absence.

chaosDesigner
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by chaosDesigner » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:22 am

Georgeanna wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:35 pm
"I suppose if he comes over, but I'm not in the mood to jump into a giant party in the middle of the clearing, though they all seem nice enough. Gun shy I suppose," she said collapsing in a huff, throwing her feet back in the water. "So, Walter--Warren I mean, my apologies, what have you been lying about?"
Warren found the woman's reaction to calling her on her powers slightly amusing, but he kept it to himself. The last thing he wanted to do was offend her, so he kept quiet about it.

Upon seeing her drop down to the floor, he pushed his cloak out of the way and sat down beside her. The difference was that he didn't submerge his feet under the water, as he didn't want his clothes getting wet. He supported himself with his arms as he leaned back slightly. "Oh, please, I take no offense to being called the wrong name accidentally," he reassured Georgeanna. "No need to apologize."

After that, he let out a sigh. "Well... What I've been hiding is the fact that... I'm psychic," he stated simply. "I'm just not used to revealing this bit of information at all." He smirked a little as he looked to the ground. "It's kinda silly, though, considering everyone here must be a multiversal wanderer or something similar." He turned to his conversation partner. "Most people here have probably seen a lot of crazy things."

Georgeanna
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Georgeanna » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:30 am

Georgeanna scooted over so that Warren had enough room to swish his cloak around him. She again wondered to why he was dressed so warmly, especially since the air was a bit balmy in this strange enchanted forest. When he conveyed the basic nature of his condition, she wasn't that surprised. Figures out of all the people she would have tried to persuade, it would've been a psychic. All the same he seemed certainly at ease, leaning back like that. He had nice eyes too--green as the leaves on the trees--that seemed to reflect sincerity as he spoke to her.

So, Georgeanna figured she should try to replicate that ease in her own stance so as to establish some sort of trust. After all she wanted to know more about his psychic abilities and no one disclosed anything without some measure of trust. She awkwardly wriggled closer to the water so that she could gracefully drop into it--slipping, she hit her head and fell into the water below.

"Oh gods," she said scowling and rubbing her head.

She suddenly had the urge to go into the water and submerge herself, just the siren's calling she always had, but something about the cool water and her spectacular failure made it all the more appealing.