Word Hurdles - Deadline: 15th August
The Triathlon - Deadline: 18th August
The Relay - Deadline: 26th August
The Marathon - Deadline: 31st August

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Round 3 Ends: 20th August, 12 GMT

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Far Cry 5

Where our Gamers can gather to discuss gaming platforms, latest releases, all time classics and connect with other Gamers.

Moderators: Ares [Darkblade], Ghostwriter

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

Far Cry 5

Post by Ghostwriter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:55 pm

Is it good? Have any funny stories you want to share?

I was thinking of getting it if I can find a sale or something since its still a bit expensive for my blood. Ive watched some streams for a little but far from enough to spoil anything for me.

How would you compare it to other games, like other far crys, or assassins creed, or wildlands etc? Better or worse?

Im also interested in the co op. Can you a friend start a new game to each other and just play the missions and progress together like other games?
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Cassius
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Nobility

Re: Far Cry 5

Post by Cassius » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:03 am

Sorry... my bad Cassius, misclicked.

Ghost wuz here, accidentally editing your post when I meant to quote you. :(

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:39 am

Cassius wrote:To be honest, I didn't like it as much as far cry 4.
Actually you mention a fair few points I hadnt heard before... like I didnt know about the no experience for kills. But specifically this part, I didn't really like FC4, in my opinion FC3 was more fun. I dont really know why I felt that way, just when I played 3 I had a lot of fun and was always wanting to get all the little upgrades and stuff. Then 4 came and I got bored fast with it... but people are saying 5 is better and refreshingly different so I got interested.
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Lumeus
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Mage

Post by Lumeus » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:27 pm

I've enjoyed it so far, but the big bad, Joseph Seed, really likes to monologue, and so do his siblings, who are the ones you have to kill to get to Joseph. I personally really like the acting done here. The mo-cap is impressive. Like AC Origins they took away the mini map. Makes exploring a lot more interesting, and there is a lot to explore. Been playing since launch and I'm still finding new things at locations I've been to a dozen times. Co-op is fun, but my big complaint there is that you're tethered to one another. You can only get so far away from the other person before it resets you.

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:17 am

Lumeus wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:27 pm
Co-op is fun, but my big complaint there is that you're tethered to one another. You can only get so far away from the other person before it resets you.
Makes doubley sure I click quote instead of edit this time~ >.> learned my lesson about replying right away after getting up from a nap.

Didn't hear about removing the mini map, but from what you say it reminds me of how the co op play is on ARK where you host your own game with a friend, neither one can go very far from the other. How big exactly is the map btw? What would you compare it to the sizes of other open worlds from ubisoft?

I'm an Architect

Lumeus
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Mage

Post by Lumeus » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:26 pm

The map surprised me. When you back all the way out it looks small compared to 3 and 4. Much closer in size to Farcry Primal I think. But when you're down on the ground the mountainous terrain and lack of roads (compared to 3 and 4) make it feel pretty big.