Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Free (though slightly older) Photo Shop CS2!

A place where all of the artists of The RPG Collective can come to set up shop and flash their wares. You may even find someone who does commissions or signatures.
Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

Free (though slightly older) Photo Shop CS2!

Post by Ghostwriter » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:41 pm

This might be in the wrong forum... but I figure its artsy related and not everyone might know... I didnt until today. It also certainly might help some people with art if they needed a free art program to do artsyness with. Ill list some links where I got my original info though and then explain how I got it to work on windows 7 since the installer is for XP~
Here's some basic instructions though...
1= Go here. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/ ... loads.html Ya might not need to sign up, I did though. Not hard and didnt take long.
2= If your like me, go down the page, click English, and then in the windows platform section download the disc1/2/3 and extra exe files. The serial number ya need is next to it on the right. Ill list it here anyway. 1130-1414-7569-4457-6613-5551

3= So what the issue is with the installer is that after you download the disc1/2/3 files and run them it puts the files in the wrong place... doh. Doesnt look that good on Adobe really if they cant even make a working installer. You also have to run them in reverse... doh again. So you run 3 and install it to the default location. Then run 2 and make sure to change the location of 2 so it installs in the same place 3 did, then run extras, and finally run 1.

4= After you do that go to the folder you just made C:\Creative Suite CS2\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0 and run the setup.exe.

The next problem is the installer doesnt like its own default location to install it because its too long or something. Really? But yea, it has a fit with its own default position. So if you want to install it on your C drive you need to manually replace it with one of the following.

C:\Progra~1\Adobe as the folder name on 32-bit Windows
C:\Progra~2\Adobe on a 64-bit system

and then press Tab.

This wasn't an issue for me though since my C drive is just a 120GB SDD that I mostly only have my OS installed on as well as a few other smaller more vital programs for my computer. I install most of my stuff on my D drive so D:\Program Files\Adobe worked fine for me in my case.

Let me know if this helped anyone :)
Last edited by Ghostwriter on Wed May 29, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Re: Free (though slightly older) Photo Shop CS2!

Post by Sammy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:47 pm

This could be really helpful Ghost, thanks a lot for the walk-through. :smile:
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Cross
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Cross » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:08 am

This is awesome! Thanks, Ghost! Good find.
Vote here and here everyday!

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:28 am

*yays* Woot I was helpful, I knew there would be some people that could use a free and legal PS. For the longest time Ive been using this really old adobe 7 PS that my friend saved a copy of for me on a CD. :p

Lately I run into the wierdest things randomly, just wasnt expecting something like this from Adobe. Its weird that there isnt more advertisement about it to let more people know. :/
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:32 am

Filth mentioned it to me a while back but I got so distracted with GIMP that I forgot about it.

Anyway! Thanks again, Ghost! I've made this a stickie so it stays up at the top where folks can see it. :smile:

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:57 am

Oh cool, wasnt expecting anything I did to be a sticky~

Here I was originally worried it would be moved actually cuz I wasnt sure if this was the right forum :p

I'm an Architect

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Rogue

Post by Gideon » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:29 am

Nope, perfect forum and great info. Thanks for sharing Ghost! :razz:
Thank you for the set Filth
Please don't forget to vote here and here every day!

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:25 pm

I think I might actually give this a go, Ghosty!

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 pm

Let me know if ya need some help~

I'm an Architect

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:46 pm

Ghostwriter wrote:Let me know if ya need some help~
Will do, thanks. :smile:

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Wed May 29, 2019 7:55 pm

So as I just found out after having to repair my OS to get my computer working again, my first post no longer holds true. Apparently they took it down since then. I was having an issue with my free PS afterward and went to reinstall it, but cant find the installer anymore.

So, I guess ya might as well delete this now.

I'm an Architect